Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Does the trial mean I can stop searching and digging for info ?
Or does it mean I can't post it ?
Sorry for the daft questions
im not involved with the guys so cannot speak for them,but any one that can bring any kind of info to the table should be welcomed,in regards to posting stuff,if in any doubt at all ,pm any of the guys on here involved and take your lead from them

Believe me mate there are people on here that have suffered at the hands of Celtic. Posts like this mean a lot to them.
It’s the negative posts that we can do without that seem to be happening more often. Take them somewhere else please. We don’t want to hear them.
Thanks again mate.
Aye seen one the day mate and thought "why" ffs guys on here certainly not looking for praise although it is good to see the support but negativity just fvcking annoys people

Members will notice that I’ve started a new thread on cbc. Please don’t ask us any questions about this as it states in my post. We cannot talk about this at this stage.
Can I bring this to your attention? Don't think it will be in breach of any of the restrictions as it's not related, at least as far as I know.

Looked at the court page which announced the filing of the new case you mentioned.

A bit further down from the one we shall not talk about, I noticed another 2 individuals filing contempt complaints against a Brother Edmund Garvey (March 2020). Intrigued, I looked him up on Google. What I found was interesting reading, assuming it's the same fella.

Anyway, here's one of many articles on the Brother and the religious order he is head of, for those that haven't heard of them before. I certainly hadn't. Needless to say, sexual abuse was 'endemic.'

Can I bring this to your attention? Don't think it will be in breach of any of the restrictions as it's not related, at least as far as I know.

Looked at the court page which announced the filing of the new case you mentioned.

A bit further down from the one we shall not talk about, I noticed another 2 individuals filing contempt complaints against a Brother Edmund Garvey (March 2020). Intrigued, I looked him up on Google. What I found was interesting reading, assuming it's the same fella.

Anyway, here's one of many articles on the Brother and the religious order he is head of, for those that haven't heard of them before. I certainly hadn't. Needless to say, sexual abuse was 'endemic.'

Assets of £332million?? How the f#ck does this happen from a sect with a vow of poverty???

More than a club.

Imagine supporting a team whose first team squads, for a quarter of a century, contained boys from your own community who were abused by office bearers of your club. Whose board of directors knew, whose management team knew, whose legends knew and, in reality, the community knew too.

Imagine supporting that club, that institution, once world famous for the game, soon to be world famous for the facilitation, funding, support and covering up of a child abuse ring.

That level of cognitive dissonance, cant and hypocrisy is probably only open to one club in world sport. Sadly we share a city with them.

The self righteousness, self pity and self hatred of the archetypal Tim in denial is about to be turned up to 11.
Great post.

As you saw with the thread regarding the member who went missing this weekend. Our clubs and the people running them and rooting for them, couldn't be more different.

Criminal the way this fact has been muddied by the SMSM and contorted reality. But I guess that's what these scum do best.

Hopefully today is the beginning of the end for those that have had to endure this suffering for over 40 years, they deserve to get justice that they have bravely sought even though they have had no help from people in authority, many would of gave up, but with the backing of some seriously descent people they have managed to get to this point today.
I truly hope that they all get the justice they so rightly deserve and the perpatrators and enablers get punished accordingly.

Great post.

As you saw with the thread regarding the member who went missing this weekend. Our clubs and the people running them and rooting for them, couldn't be more different.

Criminal the way this fact has been muddied by the SMSM and contorted reality. But I guess that's what these scum do best.
In the cold light of day many people in the media will be proven to be liars they have aligned themselves with evil and that is no exaggeration.

Aye seen one the day mate and thought "why" ffs guys on here certainly not looking for praise although it is good to see the support but negativity just fvcking annoys people
Some people are just glass half empty types. However, there is no need for it when you look at the work going on - it just makes me deeply suspicious in many cases.
The resilience shown by the team and victims in all of this has been absolutely remarkable.

In the cold light of day many people in the media will be proven to be liars they have aligned themselves with evil and that is no exaggeration.
Sounds like there will be a phase 2 in all of this, namely bringing the obstructors to book.
However, at present this is all about bringing peace and closure to the victims (am I right in this assumption?)

Some people are just glass half empty types. However, there is no need for it when you look at the work going on - it just makes me deeply suspicious in many cases.
The resilience shown by the team and victims in all of this has been absolutely remarkable.
I guess some just struggle to place faith in the justice system when you see a clear two tier punishment in place.
I'd rather they kept the negativity to themselves too, but I do see their point to a certain extent.

I hope the survivors of the abuse are finally going to see justice and that cesspit of filth served the punishment they deserve.

Sterling work as always from BN, GY and the others involved. Keep it up guys.

I spotted that one too....think there was another against the archdiocese of Motherwell too.....suppose it could be something other than abuse of minors but who knows

Christian brothers?????? Nothing Christian OR brotherly about this bastard. But to confess on his deathbed? May the f**ker roast in hell.

More than a club.

Imagine supporting a team whose first team squads, for a quarter of a century, contained boys from your own community who were abused by office bearers of your club. Whose board of directors knew, whose management team knew, whose legends knew and, in reality, the community knew too.

Imagine supporting that club, that institution, once world famous for the game, soon to be world famous for the facilitation, funding, support and covering up of a child abuse ring.

That level of cognitive dissonance, cant and hypocrisy is probably only open to one club in world sport. Sadly we share a city with them.

The self righteousness, self pity and self hatred of the archetypal Tim in denial is about to be turned up to 11.

Excellent post, especially about the community, in reality, knowing as well.

They knew.

More than a club.

Corrected that for you.

INFAMOUS ;)

The female interviewing McCafferty saying "was it just touching ?" "You were teaching them manners."

McCafferty brings up a victory over Rangers in a Cup Final. Relevance ?

A very strange (part) interview. Not sure of the context but it was strange. Maybe she was coaxing him to elicit more information.

Obviously uncomfortable with the interviewee. A bit dubious with the interviewer too.

Creepy.

The female interviewing McCafferty saying "was it just touching ?" "You were teaching them manners."

A very strange (part) interview. Not sure of the context but it was strange. Maybe she was coaxing him to elicit more information.

Obviously uncomfortable with the interviewee. A bit dubious with the interviewer too.

Creepy.
She was 100% coaxing him. The questions you and I might find a bit weird in that situation would be perfectly normal to a trained police interviewer.

I have never posted on this thread but I would just like to say those that were victims of abuse my heart goes out to you all .
You have been brave throughout , I hope you get the answers , justice and some kind of closure you are looking for .
To those that are working behind the scenes that are helping bring evidence to the fore and assisting these brave people and their families you know who you are I salute you and hope it all pays off .

She was 100% coaxing him. The questions you and I might find a bit weird in that situation would be perfectly normal to a trained police interviewer.

I didn't realise she was a policewoman. That would, in part, explain it. Still surprised at the "only touching" comment.

Also, if that's a ploice interview, I'm surprise it's in the public domain.

Creepy.

Firstly, I would say that the woman was definitely using her experience to extract what she could from him. More so in the manner in which she did it.

Secondly, for everyone who has taken/is taking a huge interest in this thread, please take a minute or two of your time to click on this link below. Many links provide us with a great deal of information, but this one will also let you understand the psyche of this monster - the real Jim McCafferty.

To do so, read the bottom of the article when this predator was actually IN THE POLICE STATION. Read from "In the waiting area". This tells you all you need to know about what he's all about and it will give you a further understanding of how torturous it must have been for the boys.

Back