Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Jaws2

Sounds like this may celtc trying to control the narrative again. Will this try to make them out to be the only club that has been "proactive and taken action" ...?
Well a) they didn't and b) they were the only club with a paedophile ring operating within it so you could argue they should have been the club to take proactive action.

Except they didn't. They re-hired a man they knew was a child abuser and gave him the green light to carry on with his abuse.

AYEBrox

Another long awaited step in the right direction, hopefully many more to come, having read what Andrew Woodward’s experiences were (thanks BN94) I hope anyone affected by the CBC abuse has a peaceful & as smooth a passage as is possible through this period as I’m sure the emotional journey they have been & are about to go through is something many of us have thankfully never experienced.

Speminalium8

The whataboutery from those scum is incredible.
3 Glasgow clubs are being checked. That may be true but it’s only 1 club who have been found to be systematically abusing children for a wee bit more than “20” years. And have had many convictions for it and also been linked to one of the most, if not the most prolific paedophile this country’s has ever seen.
But their logic is it’s not just us. They can’t even admit it. They still deny being linked to any of the abusers.
I hate that vile cesspit of a club and everything it stands for
Classic false equivalency

Yer da

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I noticed that Thompson's Solicitors are sponsoring Clyde 1. Isn't this the same Thompson's that are dealing with client's suing Celtic? We all know the link between Clyde and Hollicom and I just found it all a bit strange.

Maybe I've completely got the wrong end of the stick here.

Lenzie Loyal

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I noticed that Thompson's Solicitors are sponsoring Clyde 1. Isn't this the same Thompson's that are dealing with client's suing Celtic? We all know the link between Clyde and Hollicom and I just found it all a bit strange.

Maybe I've completely got the wrong end of the stick here.
You've not got the wrong end of the stick at all.

Thompsons are sponsoring a radio station with direct links to the company hired to cover up the abuse that went on at Celtic Football Club. Let that one sink in.

The victims should be asking what the f*uck Thompsons are playing at. They're running with the hare and hunting with the hounds

Last edited:

47blue

The work many posters have done on here is exceptional. It must take a toll on them to be witness to this horrific evil, so they have my thoughts and respect. Just like the victims.
I hope and trust, if and when justice is done, those that have blocked, delayed and obstructed justice will be exposed.
I hope and indeed demand our club take the lead in calling for a full public enquiry, once the SFA cover up is published.
This country needs to be morally cleansed.

sdp02

Looks like they lot have got wind of it and are already trying to drag us in to it.

Just reading this wrong un trying to say celtic were the innovators when dealing with CA back in the day?

Then there's the comment section where the dregs of sociaty post crap about looking for hollicom protect there name?

jf1960

The work many posters have done on here is exceptional. It must take a toll on them to be witness to this horrific evil, so they have my thoughts and respect. Just like the victims.
I hope and trust, if and when justice is done, those that have blocked, delayed and obstructed justice will be exposed.
I hope and indeed demand our club take the lead in calling for a full public enquiry, once the SFA cover up is published.
This country needs to be morally cleansed.
Some people on this have been threatened

mdingwall

Administrator
What kind of insurance covers child abuse claims,
Regardless of the insurance and the money they have gaining interest in the bank they are morally bankrupt .
Possibly directors insurance - very common that firms takes this out to insulate themselves from the decisions of a director.

BN94

I think @jf1960 is referring to me reference threats. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It only means we are hitting a nerve.
Like the poster says above this post, keyboard warriors aren’t worth worrying about.
It says a lot about that filth. Protecting their beloved club over child abuse. A club and a support like no other. Thankfully.

Last edited:

Nerlinger

Sincerely hope just how involved McGinn and Kelly were in all this disgusting affair, how they were in business with torbett and huge sums changed hands from the club to the business around the time of his first sentence. And Tommy Burns defence of Frank Cierney needs to be looked at hard.

Doubt it right enough.

Here's hoping that the people that have suffered so long get some justice.

I think that if the media in England take this on it may be the best development yet for the families. If there is a cross border aspect to these vile human beings crimes it could prompt Westminster to hold a nationwide enquiry into this terrible issue.

I have no confidence in the SFA investigating an issue that many of their officials and leaders have been involved in or vile crimes they have known about for forty or fifty years.

The SNP will avoid a Government enquiry at all costs to avoid upsetting their core support that they won from Scottish Labour after the National Labour Party voted against their Churches wishes in an Abortion Bill many years ago.

If they did they can kiss their dream of independence goodbye.

Bet we get dragged into this!
There will be one or two instances at other Clubs, unfortunately where there is access to children these animals will be there.

That said there is only one Club with a ring working in it over a period of over 20 years. Only one that took a perpretator back to do the same thing all over again. One Club that continued to give large contracts out to the perpretators business while he served his sentance. One Club where two Club Directors that went into business with the convicted man after his conviction and sentance. These same Directors investigated allegations about the same man before his capture and declared him innocent.

If reported these well known provable facts will tell the viewer everything they need to know.

They will try their best to name it the Scottish Football paedo issue to make the Club in question feel better but everyone outwith their bubble will know the truth.

BigSteve

Celtic covering up a ring of paedos for 50 years, re-employing a paedo, funding paedos businesses after they have been outed.

Rangers had a scout who said something inappropriate to a young lad, and was subsequently sacked and reported to the police.

Basically everyone's as bad as each other.

Need to learn from this

Bla bla bla

But I hope its more honest than this.

The Goal Machine

If there have been offenders at Rangers let's hear it, get it out I the open. And I don't want my club to say, oh see the old regime, nothing to do with us. We are the same club, that is what we argue, so deal with it.

As for Celtic get it out in the open also, let's hear about the enablers, the pedophiles, the ring, the separate entity, the lot.

Remember this is about the victims first of all. They have suffered enough.