Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Of course it was. How can you have an internal investigation and not interview victims? And then a few days later Lyness Malley came to light. That was really a thorough investigation. Wouldn’t you say?
Before you even get to that mate, It’s disgusting that it wasnt even the club who investigated, but their insurance company. You would think if it was a matter of concern the CEO of the organization would order a complete and thorough investigation to make sure every pervert had been caught and procedures put in place to make sure it never happened again. That’s not what happened here. It was their insurance company that set up the investigation and hired the lawyer. As we all know, if an insurance company investigates anything then it is usually to deal with pay outs. The whole issue was approached from the standpoint of financial damage limitation and not to establish what happened and to make sure it never happened again. That’s reprehensible! It might be a small detail, but the media should be all over it.

What's the wee bawbag saying RB ?
Giving his own personal experience and thoughts, but his parting shot is simply if Celtic FC knew , they should apologize and pay up.

A couple of points you could argue- but not his conclusion. The spin will be interesting. A headline writer could spin "Pay Up Celtic Warns ex-Celtic Player"-or "Sordid Wall of Silence" Chelsea super star says football and church youth organizations must investigate actions in different times.

Giving his own personal experience and thoughts, but his parting shot is simply if Celtic FC knew , they should apologize and pay up.

A couple of points you could argue- but not his conclusion. The spin will be interesting. A headline writer could spin "Pay Up Celtic Warns ex-Celtic Player"-or "Sordid Wall of Silence" Chelsea super star says football and church youth organizations must investigate actions in different times.

Thank you BC. Appreciated.
Correct G. That one that got 12 months for 12 counts of child abuse was absolutely shocking.

Hard to understand UJ.

The bbc should be called out. Not only did john lydon say in his book that when on totp's it was an open secret around the bbc about saville.

This creature was getting paid by us and getting access to children with his Jim'll fix it programme. If john lydon knew about this and as we know he's not a man for subtlety, then why the hell did the press not go after him.

Very dark all this and was definitely kept quiet by powerful people. Remember lord boothby won a slander case against the mirror I think, when they wrote about his sordid goings on with the krays. All true as well and the rest of the media were hushed up.

I really don't know of any group of people with less morals than filth fans and the catholic church. They have no good name to save, its in tatters. The only people who think they have something to save are the moronic cowards that support them. I am near 56 and I have known about the abuse for just about all of those years

So how long is the case expected to last ? And is it a judge (which I thought for civil cases) or a jury that makes the decision? Sorry if already covered but it’s a huge thread

BN94.
Ignore the threats from online
I for one will stand up and fight for you.
And I'll also fight for every one connected to the justice for kids to the end.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this.
We fight to the end.
I apologise that I don't have the words to express how I feel.
All I'm saying is, if they find out who you are and where you live, you have an army of people supporting you my friend. We will not let you stand alone.

I put it to one of them and to my surprise he agreed, but sure enough within 10 seconds he done a complete U turn and was foaming out the mouth. He had a total meltown.

Try putting it to them that the findings of an IPI should be accepted as a criticism of Scottish football clubs overall and all clubs should be held responsible collectively. They change their views instantaneously.

Then enjoy going for their protecting, enabling throats.

I enjoyed it that much with one on The Times comments that I ended up with a permanent ban lol.

BN94.
Ignore the threats from online
I for one will stand up and fight for you.
And I'll also fight for every one connected to the justice for kids to the end.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this.
We fight to the end.
I apologise that I don't have the words to express how I feel.
All I'm saying is, if they find out who you are and where you live, you have an army of people supporting you my friend. We will not let you stand alone.
There is an army of us who will stand with @BN94
The gloves are now well and truly off (in a metaphorical sense, of course), and I will do everything and anything within my capabilities to support those on here who have worked tirelessly to bring justice for the victims of the Celtic Paedophile Ring.
I am only a PM away. I am READY.

I couldn’t agree more with what you say. Personally from a family of military hero’s that served our country. Thankfully I never had to because of their sacrifice. However can’t help feeling we are fighting something now that will only come apparent once our country has lost its identity completely.
I fear that even us mentioning anything that doesn’t fit the agenda can be used as a weapon against the good cause.

Back