Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

BN94.
Ignore the threats from online
I for one will stand up and fight for you.
And I'll also fight for every one connected to the justice for kids to the end.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this.
We fight to the end.
I apologise that I don't have the words to express how I feel.
All I'm saying is, if they find out who you are and where you live, you have an army of people supporting you my friend. We will not let you stand alone.
Here here brother.

There is an army of us who will stand with @BN94
The gloves are now well and truly off (in a metaphorical sense, of course), and I will do everything and anything within my capabilities to support those on here who have worked tirelessly to bring justice for the victims of the Celtic Paedophile Ring.
I am only a PM away. I am READY.
As am I. We look after our own. This is the time.

I recall having a heated conversation with one of them a while back about this coming back to bite them and his answer was "Look, it's simple, you lot fiddled the books, we fiddled with weans, we aw need to move on" -...... and that was the last words we had. Calmly put the remains of my pint down and walked away as I knew if I'd stayed I would have got lifted.
Strange choice of words maybe a coded confession?

The gloves are now well and truly off (in a metaphorical sense, of course), and I will do everything and anything within my capabilities to support those on here who have worked tirelessly to bring justice for the victims of the Celtic Paedophile Ring.

Top Class Coop ;)

This is obviously Celtic PR’s latest smear campaign - that Rangers / Follow Folllow is somehow “Right Wing”. In the post the other day about the gay player coming out, all I seen was messages saying “good on him” or some other variation. Some “Right Wing” site.

Again, I believe that Twitter account to be one of many paid trolls.
It's the tactic right across the board in Scotland. Not a nat or a crash barrier (preferably both) then you're a right wing racist and fascist.

Even though I'm all for immigration (not uncontrolled), think any consenting adult should be free to have sex with any other consenting adult and it be no business of anyone else, anti-one party totalitarianism, don't hold nationality as some sort of virtue, somehow I'm the fascist?

Someone should ask Nevin if he thinks everything Saville also committed is okay? That was also in the 70s.

To be fair to him, he's correct on that score, things were different then, we as kids, heard about weirdos and knew not to go with strangers- but the sordid actions of these strangers weren't understood. Nor did we know that some of these victims were having a horrendous time wrestling internally with something they could neither understand nor express or even remember. The internet and time changed that, so that kids now know much more than we did and hopefully have access to proper treatment. The internet has also exposed the vile nature and organization of these beasts

And that's where a group of people come in. They are and were called "adults." For several millenniums, one of their roles is to protect those who are younger and those who are much older, with wise counsel and a strong right hand. And that's why the whole situation is so bad. Not only the perpetrators, but the adults whose role it was to protect vulnerable kids. And as bad, those who cover it up.

To be fair to him, he's correct on that score, things were different then, we as kids, heard about weirdos and knew not to go with strangers- but the sordid actions of these strangers weren't understood. Nor did we know that some of these victims were having a horrendous time wrestling internally with something they could neither understand nor express or even remember. The internet and time changed that, so that kids now know much more than we did and hopefully have access to proper treatment. The internet has also exposed the vile nature and organization of these beasts

And that's where a group of people come in. They are and were called "adults." For several millenniums, one of their roles is to protect those who are younger and those who are much older, with wise counsel and a strong right hand. And that's why the whole situation is so bad. Not only the perpetrators, but the adults whose role it was to protect vulnerable kids. And as bad, those who cover it up.

No they weren't. Sexual assault of minors has always been treated extremely seriously and harshly. People in positions of power at Celtic Park would have been perfectly aware of the seriousness of the allegations they heard.

We may be more aware of it's widespread nature but parents, police and teachers in school, church and home made all of my contemporaries aware of sexual predators who targeted children. The language may have been different but the awareness was there.

I'm glad to say police, social workers and the judiciary seem to be more efficient in dealing with these sort of offences.

well said coop. I along with many others like yourself will all stand behind bn94 and the rest of the people who have done an amazing job, it makes me proud that we have people like this in our rangers family. stand strong guys.

Who is this person interviewing?

She did her best to stick to her Hollicom script. Even the opening premise........

In that short clip, you have the presenter trying to use the rule of 3 (saying a lie 3 times in short space of time, people begin to believe it) and then victim shaming.

Honestly one of the worst interviews I've ever heard.

Even as a skilled lawyer, it sounds like his is utterly taken aback by the line of questioning.
It was absolutely shocking the way she kept reinforcing the ‘separate entity’ line. She acted like a defence lawyer. The way she suggested it was all about getting money was equally as shameful. No doubt this will be the Scottish media’s approach going forward. Whatever happened to impartial journalism?

The parting shot by the lawyer is likely the way this is heading. I fully expect the mentally challengeds to make private settlements with non-disclosure to keep this out of court. It’s looking like an independent investigation is going to be the only way to get all this out in the open.

Tell them we welcome a full and frank investigation into any and all instances of CSA in Scottish football, with appropriate punishments for any club found to have acted improperly.

Edit: and it should be carried out by the FA

Agree Rick.

We all expect a cover up if it’s done up here & objectivity can only be secured by your suggestion mate.

No they weren't. Sexual assault of minors has always been treated extremely seriously and harshly. People in positions of power at Celtic Park would have been perfectly aware of the seriousness of the allegations they heard.

We may be more aware of it's widespread nature but parents, police and teachers in school, church and home made all of my contemporaries aware of sexual predators who targeted children. The language may have been different but the awareness was there.

I'm glad to say police, social workers and the judiciary seem to be more efficient in dealing with these sort of offences.
That's not what he hinted at, or what I was trying to express. IMHO Kids, didn't know back then what adults were capable of, and patently were not given the resources to deal with their abuse afterwards. Adults did know. And that's the problem.

When we got the wee bookmarks saying "Never Go with Strangers" we didn't have a list of possible outcomes on the back.

Firstly, I would say that the woman was definitely using her experience to extract what she could from him. More so in the manner in which she did it.

Secondly, for everyone who has taken/is taking a huge interest in this thread, please take a minute or two of your time to click on this link below. Many links provide us with a great deal of information, but this one will also let you understand the psyche of this monster - the real Jim McCafferty.

To do so, read the bottom of the article when this predator was actually IN THE POLICE STATION. Read from "In the waiting area". This tells you all you need to know about what he's all about and it will give you a further understanding of how torturous it must have been for the boys.

Just read it. It's like he went into autopilot and didn't care where he was. These animals must have very strong urges that they just cannot harness.

Someone should ask Nevin if he thinks everything Saville also committed is okay? That was also in the 70s.
I like this idea.
I recently spent a full hour talking about what Saville, Gadd, Harris were up to.
I knew there were scum fans in my group.
I got everybody to agree how disgusting it was and that the perpetrators needed serious jail time.
We then pushed it out to doing this under the umbrella of their employment, specifically Saville with the BBC and that companies had to take responsibility for their employees.
Trap set, they were snared when they agreed.
Headshot when I spoke of football clubs like Crewe and, up in Scotland, Celtic.
The English amongst us couldn’t believe what they’d heard.
The septic guys were quiet other than the one lad who squeaked, to much derision, “separate entity”!

They might pay to keep it out of court, but that will cost millions... And once someone is paid off, people that were not going to take part in the case will get bolder and submit there own claims. It could tie them up with lawyers for years..

I want Celtc * thrown out of Scottish football after the countless victims of that horrific club finally receive rightful justice after decades of pain and suffering. I want Stein, McNeill, and all rest who knew yet refused to call in the police publicly condemned at Holyrood.

That's not what he hinted at, or what I was trying to express. IMHO Kids, didn't know back then what adults were capable of, and patently were not given the resources to deal with their abuse afterwards. Adults did know. And that's the problem.

When we got the wee bookmarks saying "Never Go with Strangers" we didn't have a list of possible outcomes on the back.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything as effective as the old “Charlie Says” public safety adverts of my childhood. Everyone got the message.

I want Celtc * thrown out of Scottish football after the countless victims of that horrific club finally receive rightful justice after decades of pain and suffering. I want Stein, McNeill, and all rest who knew yet refused to call in the police publicly condemned at Holyrood.
I agree, but who is going to do it? SFA? SPFL? SNP? There is more papes in those organisations than there is in Celtic! We need British government involvement.

I agree, but who is going to do it? SFA? SPFL? SNP? There is more papes in those organisations than there is in Celtic! We need British government involvement.

Politicians, childrens charities,etc, cannot hide if that horrific club are found guilty of countless acts of negligence to protect children and young people, even more so when those at Celtc * knew of such repeated vile behaviour and refused to contact the police.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything as effective as the old “Charlie Says” public safety adverts of my childhood. Everyone got the message.

Two points for another thread on another day.

That is effing scary- I think I kept those two in the darkest recesses of my mind.

Secondly, and more seriously, "men and ladies you don't know." I wonder what the statistics on that actually are? Certainly in the case of CBC, the victims knew their abusers. The abuse of trust in these cases and in the RC Churches is the first step.

Politicians, childrens charities,etc, cannot hide if that horrific club are found guilty of countless acts of negligence to protect children and young people, even more so when those at Celtc * knew of such repeated vile behaviour and refused to contact the police.
I hope you are right, but the people you speak off have not even offered a comment in the last few years on this. Dornan broke ranks tonight, but he is retiring. Sturgeon won't touch it with a barge pole less than a year before an election.

They are 100% complicit in their cover up and I would say that I'd assume the Police were well aware of what was going on at that football club. I'm sure they demoted a high ranking female officer recently for making what they deemed an inappropriate comment regarding the abuse at Celtic.
Would be interesting to find out more about this.

Lets face it. He was only given airtime because he towed the party line of 'seperate entity'. Anyone who thinks different has no chance of being put in front of a microphone informing the public. Its how these bastards operate.
Agree, but given separate entity must be at the crux of it.
is it because it’s not commenced, or has it?

It clearly states in The Guardian article the abuse that the Gray family have received, not only online, but to their personal possessions.
You will also have seen a certain individual on Twitter with the constant barrage of abuse aimed towards all victims and not only the Grays.
This individual also needs to be dealt with in a court of law. We have every correspondence that this individual has put on social media abusing the victims and openly supporting the perpetrators at Celtic Football Club. All this correspondence will be handed to the police when required.
If you haven’t seen the abuse that this individual has dished out (who has more than one account on Twitter) then I urge you to take a look. It is absolutely disgusting that this individual chooses to support the perpetrators rather than the victims that wore the Celtic colours as innocent children.
There are Celtic supporters out there that are sickened by this individuals every move and have even contacted us to offer assistance.
We strongly believe that this individual has to face the full force of the law and we will assist in anyway we can.
Great work and good on the decent Celtic supporters who have outed the scumbag.

This. Dornan is not to be trusted. Tries to say the right things then ends up tripping himself up as he forgets the script.

Dornan tried to insert himself into this some time ago. He knew very well what had been going on and what the consequences might be for Celtic. I think he tried to play the 'honest broker' and get Celtic to admit responsibility and pay a lower level of compensation than the courts might award. A bit like a couple of the English clubs have done. Lawwell didn't want to know because he was determined to tough it out and hopefully pay nothing. I suspect that Dornan has little love for Lawwell.

That's my perception anyway.

Two points for another thread on another day.

That is effing scary- I think I kept those two in the darkest recesses of my mind.

Secondly, and more seriously, "men and ladies you don't know." I wonder what the statistics on that actually are? Certainly in the case of CBC, the victims knew their abusers. The abuse of trust in these cases and in the RC Churches is the first step.
Growing up in the 60s everyone was aware of a Brady and Hindley and their despicable crimes. In fact that may well have contributed to campaigns like ‘don’t talk to strangers’

I think Dornan is miffed that Lawwell treated him like a piece of shit when he first tried to get involved as what I perceived to be an 'honest
I imagine there must be loads of victims out there that have either completely blocked out what happened or are scared/unwilling to come forward.

Maybe they already did and were threatened or ignored.

Including ex first team players Pedro.

Can’t believe they’ve let this get to court btw. Are they really that far up their own arses?
It is possible they will settle before it sees the inside of a courtroom. (with a non-disclosure clause included) That’s why I think a push for a full and independent investigation is important. The truth about this whole situation needs to be aired in public, not only to get justice for the victims, but to establish why it went on for so long, why people who knew didn’t do more to put an end to it, and perhaps most importantly, put measures in place to prevent it happening again.

Back