Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I get that a policeman, more so, a policewoman, should be even more aware of the pc stuff in their business but this is scandalous.
I’m guessing now that some perma-offended scumbag reported her?
I wonder if any policemen, maybe from our side of the fence, sought retribution here.
I know, for an absolute fact, I would.
There's not many of them left mate. Police Scotland is being "cleansed" of such officers. So much so that in years to come it will not be an organisation that is in any way representative of the communities it professes to serve. It might look more like a nationalist republican paramilitary group. Oh wait a minute it almost is already.

Pat Nevin always lies in interviews as to where he grew up, which is strange. One minute he says its Easterhouse, the next its Greenfield or Springboig. He lived in Barlanark almost his entire formative years when playing for local boys teams. His word is not to be trusted on anything.

That last paragraph is totally damning.

And just a couple of years ago their sectarian singing at McInnes saw him SENT TO THE
STAND. Compare & contrast us & Clarke.

FFS, for the man the mhedia loved to portray as "the thinking man's footballer" whilst getting him to pose for pics in art galleries, libraries and museums, wee Pat must actually be thick as shit.
He's saying he was "shocked" that celtc fc and many of their fans were outraged and complained to the BBC for him calling the paedos out for their IRA songfest?
So, up until then he had never gathered that the whole reason for celtc's existence was to promote a seething vicTIMhood mentality and an allegiance to extreme Irish politics among the celtc-minded?
Laughable.

The victims deserve to be treated with sympathy from the top down from everyone at celtic. Their current ongoing treatment from the lowlifes exacerbates their pain and wouldn't be happening if the directors behaved in the proper manner. It's disgusting, these are their own, and even if celtic win the test case on a technicality it will continue to be disgusting. Why did it have to be this way celtic?

BS Mate.

Kelly, McGinn, McCann, Stein, Macari, Brady, Lawwell.

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST CALL THE POLICE ?
Kelly must have known what was going on. He knew Stein kicked Torbett out the door for abusing kids and then he brings him back in to continue the abuse. That gets me doubting that he was possibly a part of the ring or certainly shut his eyes and ears to it.

I remember posting on this at the time about her refusing a piece of a septic cake in the police station ( govan I believe ) and she was taunted for not taking it. I think things escalated when she commented on child abuse to the septic cake eaters. Why were they allowed to bring an antagonistic cake into their workplace ? Click on the article from the Evening Times it's worth reading.

Nevin, now a media pundit, told MSPs he had grown up in the east end of Glasgow, where the club is based, and was part of the area’s Irish catholic Diaspora.

“I supported Celtic for most of my life,” he said.

“But one day, I found myself sitting in the stand with my son, who had started to take an interest in football, hearing the song Ooh ah, up the RA.

“I could not accept bringing up my son alongside that, so I was driven away from the club that I loved. I was very disappointed about that.”

Nevin was commentating for the BBC at this year’s cup final between Celtic and Dundee United when he provoked the ire of the club when he hit out at a section of their fans over their chants.

He told MSPs: “The song went something like, ‘As a young man, I’m going to join the IRA – provisional wing’.

“It offended me and I do not want to hear it at a football ground.

“I was shocked and surprised that Celtic Football Club and a great number of fans complained to the BBC, because I expect to hear them say that they do not want to hear that sort of song at their ground.”

somewhat strange don't you think that singing songs about the ira was the thing that was the final straw

not harbouring and covering up for paedophiles

Maybe this has been covered before, but one of the biggest ironies I see here is the abuse victims at Celtic are treated with more respect by Rangers fans than Celtic fans.

When raised to support a team, let's use Rangers and Celtic as example, you are "taught" to respect your own fans, support them, and mock the opposition fans. It happens on both sides. Especially after a match.

It can range from office slaggings and banter, to full on hatred and violence that we have all read about or witnessed.

But when it comes to child sexual abuse the rivalry stops. The banter stops. And it seems that only Rangers fans are showing sympathy and support with people who played in green and white hoops.

Where is the support for the victims from Celtic fans?

I remember posting on this at the time about her refusing a piece of a septic cake in the police station ( govan I believe ) and she was taunted for not taking it. I think things escalated when she commented on child abuse to the septic cake eaters. Why were they allowed to bring an antagonistic cake into their workplace ? Click on the article from the Evening Times it's worth reading.
Since when has highlighting and exposing Scolands shame become sectarian?

Some of them are absolute pondlife.....even more disgusting that this came from serving police officers.

So nevin wants celtic to apologise and pay some compensation to the victims of this clubs crimes.Just like confessing crimes to a priest and saying 3 hail marys and all is forgiven. This rancid club must be hammered by the law. They can apologise all they want but after all their lying about not knowing,different entities and cover up who would believe any apology they made would be heartfelt and serious.
They lied,they covered up and they most definitely knew.

One thought I have had. And I admit I am not very well educated about the law, I havent had many dealing with the police or the courts. Anyway, on to my point.

Some of these news stories state papers have been served to Celtic and the case will be heard in the coming months. I think I am correct in saying this?

So when there is no outcome tomorrow, next week, next month, show restraint and patience on here.

I imagine a case like this, even when it gets to the point of being heard in front of the judge (not jury, correct again?) will potentially take a long time to be heard and deliberated upon? There may even be delays in aspects of the legal proceedings once it is under way.

So no posts in the coming weeks and months of "nothing is happening", "the courts up here wont/aren't doing anything". Lets wait and see. The process is where it needs to be right now and where many have waited for it to end up. Lets be patient and wait the outcome, rather than trying to second guess it without our own negative views shaping what hasn;t even been decided yet.

Seems to be turning into a Rat Nevin thread.
What are we thinking the time will be in this civil case? Are they normally a bit speedier than Crown cases or with Covid are we still looking at months for a decision?

Maybe this has been covered before, but one of the biggest ironies I see here is the abuse victims at Celtic are treated with more respect by Rangers fans than Celtic fans.

When raised to support a team, let's use Rangers and Celtic as example, you are "taught" to respect your own fans, support them, and mock the opposition fans. It happens on both sides. Especially after a match.

It can range from office slaggings and banter, to full on hatred and violence that we have all read about or witnessed.

But when it comes to child sexual abuse the rivalry stops. The banter stops. And it seems that only Rangers fans are showing sympathy and support with people who played in green and white hoops.

i've seen a couple condemn it and then they have been slaughtered by their own on social media, so disturbing.

One thought I have had. And I admit I am not very well educated about the law, I havent had many dealing with the police or the courts. Anyway, on to my point.

Some of these news stories state papers have been served to Celtic and the case will be heard in the coming months. I think I am correct in saying this?

So when there is no outcome tomorrow, next week, next month, show restraint and patience on here.

I imagine a case like this, even when it gets to the point of being heard in front of the judge (not jury, correct again?) will potentially take a long time to be heard and deliberated upon? There may even be delays in aspects of the legal proceedings once it is under way.

So no posts in the coming weeks and months of "nothing is happening", "the courts up here wont/aren't doing anything". Lets wait and see. The process is where it needs to be right now and where many have waited for it to end up. Lets be patient and wait the outcome, rather than trying to second guess it without our own negative views shaping what hasn;t even been decided yet.
There will still be lawyer discussions right up until they go through the door to the court. Celtic are running out of corners to run into.

Cairney had that kind of hold on more than a few of them.

One of our members on here (Nady??) attended the same gym as him and said he was a big overbearing man who asked inappropriate questions (about GFs etc) and walked about in the skud like he owned the changing rooms.

A real scumbag.

I think part of the problem is the censorship on their forums and lack of discussion on social media outlets. There is also the fact of their PR machine churning out nonsense all the time to distract from any real dialogue between their fans on the matter.

There is a whole generation brought up on social media where opinions are regarded as truth, without checking and critical thinking. Social media encourages this the way it is set up. It also encourages group mentality where individuals are abused for having a different take than the group.

I have said before that some of their fans can't accept what has gone on as they can't separate their values and morals due to being so identified with the club and what they believe it stands for. This ties into the PR related around them and is very effective.

Is there any links or clips to Nevin on radio yesterday?? I heard it but trying to share. Can’t find links or podcast.
Is there any links or clips to Nevin on radio yesterday?? I heard it but trying to share. Can’t find links or podcast. Cheers
ive been looking too but can’t find anything. Do you know which bbc Scotland radio show he was interviewed on so I can narrow the search

I thought there was forthcoming judgement in the UK Supreme Court. That judgement would blow the separate entity claim out of the water.

Something like if you derive a direct benefit from an organisation, you have a responsiblity to that organisation.

I can't remember the details.

Is anyone aware of this ?

I think part of the problem is the censorship on their forums and lack of discussion on social media outlets. There is also the fact of their PR machine churning out nonsense all the time to distract from any real dialogue between their fans on the matter.

There is a whole generation brought up on social media where opinions are regarded as truth, without checking and critical thinking. Social media encourages this the way it is set up. It also encourages group mentality where individuals are abused for having a different take than the group.

I have said before that some of their fans can't accept what has gone on as they can't separate their values and morals due to being so identified with the club and what they believe it stands for. This ties into the PR related around them and is very effective.
That is indoctrination.

found yesterdays drivetime just cant find the segement

edit sorry that was wednesdays , yesterdays unavailable

Just coming onto post this

I searched the John Beattie Drivetime Listen Again feature and Thursday 25th June programme has funnily enough not been uploaded

Is this normal or is it because wee Nevin has said inappropriate things re CBC and CFC re the abuse ??

The other shows from Mon Tues and Wed all there but not Thursday

I think this wee prick has phucked up and it’s being censored and hidden

Typical BBC Scotland protecting the paedos

I thought there was forthcoming judgement in the UK Supreme Court. That judgement would blow the separate entity claim out of the water.

Something like if you derive a direct benefit from an organisation, you have a responsiblity to that organisation.

It was definitely mentioned in the Alex Thomson C4 news story.

It was due to come into law, so in the time since I'd imagine it is now law.

Yes Thomson c4

I'm convinced the majority of them don't think it happened . Where is the condemnation from the players at paedo f.c. who were there at the time....Moyes , Nicholas , Aitken , Walker , Hay , Macari to name a few . Burns took it to the grave.......Mhonsters every one of them

Seems to be turning into a Rat Nevin thread.
What are we thinking the time will be in this civil case? Are they normally a bit speedier than Crown cases or with Covid are we still looking at months for a decision?
You can bet your life on liewell and his band of lawyers playing every dirty trick in the book of law to delay delay delay the case/cases.

I've contributed hardly anything to this thread, but is this small article from page 26 of today's Scottish Daily Mail, just stating the legalities as they stand today in relation to the separate entity assertion?

First paragraph "at a boys club". A? Fcuking A boys club? Just some random wee team eh?

They categorically state "which was not affiliated", which is increasingly looking like a lie. How are they allowed to print that.

Surely worst case scenario, I.e. being most lenient to the paedos club, you state that "Celtic deny formal affiliation yet there is significant and growing evidence they are inextricably linked".

Surely that is honest reporting by unbiased press.

All these papers printing as fact they are not affiliated, is that not colouring court cases and perverting the course of law? To outright state as fact that which is questionable at best and a lie at worst.

Disgraceful

Edit: thanks for sharing Rangerista.

Back