Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

There is an industrial estate adjacent at the entrance of Shawbridge street,loads of wee lock up type shops/businesses

The TTC used to have a warehouse there,it’s still there but another company.

Cullen stayed not far away,he could have walked from either warehouse to house in no longer in 2-5 mins.
That industrial estate was just behind The Penny Geggie pub and the police station. As you say, Cullen could have walked there in minutes.

Is separate entity even a viable defence? Let's say that it's accepted that they are indeed separate. Does the undeniable facts that numerous celtic employees, players and directors knew what was happening and done nothing to stop it, indeed, in some cases facilitated it, not mean that they had a duty of care and are liable anyway?
What sort of a defence is "we knew boys were being abused but technically it wasn't us, so we let it go for 50 years because, you know, the quality street kids and that."
They were obviously advised to plead a seperate entity. Why?. Did an internal investigation actually happen, by professionals used to doing this work. If so what did they find. Maybe way too bad and too high to disclose. This may be their only Avenue of escape. May justice be served on the b@stards

I’m not sure how many he had but it was enough to make him a millionaire. I spoke to a guy recently that was a prison officer when Torbett served his first sentence, he said he was paying guys to protect him in there.
Steven Sprott and John Roonie I believe gave him protection in jail in Dumfries. Both convicted rapists and Celtic supporters.

Steven Sprott and John Roonie I believe gave him protection in jail in Dumfries. Both convicted rapists and Celtic supporters.

I don’t think this would have been Dumfries at the time this guy was talking about. I would need to ask him, but I’m pretty sure he only worked at Shotts and Barlinie. He would have been processed and assessed at Barlinie I would imagine, I think Dumfries is a lower category jail, so it’s possible Torbett perhaps finished his sentence there.

I don’t think this would have been Dumfries at the time this guy was talking about. I would need to ask him, but I’m pretty sure he only worked at Shotts and Barlinie. He would have been processed and assessed at Barlinie I would imagine, I think Dumfries is a lower category jail, so it’s possible Torbett perhaps finished his sentence there.
I think you’re right. The ones I mentioned are more recent.

I think you’re right. The ones I mentioned are more recent.

Just read this on the Prison Service website..........

Dumfries prison also provides a national mainstream facility for holding up to 135 long‑term and short‑term men who require to be separated from mainstream offenders because of the nature of their offence, termed as offence related protection offenders.

That would make sense.

Posters on a football message board delivering more justice than the "justice" minister.
The justice minister is more angry at his own self-proclaimed oppression than the abuse of potentially hundreds of children over 4 decades. You can absolutely guarantee if this was not at his beloved club he would be all over it and the Ibrox gates would be padlocked. He is a thoroughly horrible human being, and a racist to boot.

The justice minister is more angry at his own self-proclaimed oppression than the abuse of potentially hundreds of children over 4 decades. You can absolutely guarantee if this was not at his beloved club he would be all over it and the Ibrox gates would be padlocked. He is a thoroughly horrible human being, and a racist to boot.

That oppressed he was privately educated.

There was a trophy shop in parkhead Forge'this is where the mother of one of torbets first victims worked (the one he was caught in america with) I think the police should be having a look at this' definitely a case of grooming' the boy was only about 7 or 8 then

They were obviously advised to plead a seperate entity. Why?. Did an internal investigation actually happen, by professionals used to doing this work. If so what did they find. Maybe way too bad and too high to disclose. This may be their only Avenue of escape. May justice be served on the b@stards
They can plead all they want ,they have tripped themselves up so often showing connection, like Liewell asking the abused to contact Celtc* direct rather than going to the cops.

Read the book Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

There was one on Dumbarton Road, Partick. It was later turned into a Greggs but was vacant for years, may still be.
I believe the property is still owned by Jim Torbett as I saw him and the guy he was in America with going into it a few years ago.

The old Greggs and the new Greggs sit either side of the old Trophy Centre shop. The number being 388 Dumbarton Road which was recently an E-cigarette shop. You never know, he may still own it and rent it out.

The old Greggs and the new Greggs sit either side of the old Trophy Centre shop. The number being 388 Dumbarton Road which was recently an E-cigarette shop. You never know, he may still own it and rent it out.

£8,000 a year to rent.

I was certain he went into the empty shop, they both could have been empty at the time I suppose.

Moyes, aitken , mcstay and many others all played at the boys club and yet have said nothing. I’m sorry, but each and everyone of them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
They know what went on and have said nothing. I hope they don’t crawl out of the woodwork when the walls come tumbledown and the victims get justice.

Last edited:
Moyes, aitken , mcstay and many others all played at the boys club and yet have said nothing. I’m sorry, but each and everyone of them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
They know what went on and have said nothing. I hope they do t crawl out of the woodwork when the walls come tumbledown and the victims get justice.

This could be the motherload when it comes to rhats leaving the sinking ship. If the subject matter wasn't so harrowing, it was make for spectacular viewing. But it IS harrowing, so it's going to be more tragic and pathetic watching them trying to claim any sort of moral high ground when they had the chance to do the right thing for years, but didn't.

Hopefully, once all of this comes out and the poor souls who had their lives wrecked have their day in court, these individuals who knew and did nothing lie awake at night wracked with shame. Well, we can but hope.

I'm my head as the victims lawyer.
Celtic are claiming separation from a boys club that they fully endorsed, funded, advertised, facilitated, recruited for, promoted and finally covered crimes up for, for 50 years. This, Your Honour, is celtic for you. I ask that you take into account the mountain of evidence before you proving this irrefutable bond and also to take into account the disgusting behaviour of the various boards who for unfathomable reasons failed these victims. There are many reasons why this has taken so long but the failings at board level have been the one constant for half a century. It has been possible from the first allegation to nip this in the bud. The boards have consistently chosen the same path and it has led us here. This is where 50 years of lies and cover-up has brought us and still they choose to claim that we have brought the wrong people to court.

I believe their directors held their own investigation and the verdict was a clean bill of health.
There's a surprise.

The thing is, why would you be carrying out an investigation concerning such a serious matter within a 'separate entity' ?
Why would you even be concerned what is going on within this 'separate entity' ?

It's lined up ready to go,once we get the go ahead...bear with us,it's worth it.
You shouldn't need to come on and explain this. Started as a couple of whispers, then drip, drip and now we're at the beginning of the storm.

So sit back, get your silk smoking jackets and cravat looked out with a cuban cigar and a glass of the finest brandy. Preferably on a lazy boy chair.

I believe their directors held their own investigation and the verdict was a clean bill of health.
There's a surprise.

The thing is, why would you be carrying out an investigation concerning such a serious matter within a 'separate entity' ?
Why would you even be concerned what is going on within this 'separate entity' ?
I’d say it’s because they have been trying their hardest to cover it up. The last internal investigation they had also found nothing, and that was before the perpetrators were caught.
I believe on both occasions there was no internal investigation.

I'm my head as the victims lawyer.
Celtic are claiming separation from a boys club that they fully endorsed, funded, advertised, facilitated, recruited for, promoted and finally covered crimes up for, for 50 years. This, Your Honour, is celtic for you. I ask that you take into account the mountain of evidence before you proving this irrefutable bond and also to take into account the disgusting behaviour of the various boards who for unfathomable reasons failed these victims. There are many reasons why this has taken so long but the failings at board level have been the one constant for half a century. It has been possible from the first allegation to nip this in the bud. The boards have consistently chosen the same path and it has led us here. This is where 50 years of lies and cover-up has brought us and still they choose to claim that we have brought the wrong people to court.
"unfathomable reasons" - aka 'to maintain and protect the GOOD [boak] name of Celtic'

They know what went on and have said nothing. I hope they do t crawl out of the woodwork when the walls come tumbledown and the victims get justice.

They'll be scripting their excuses as we speak.

"Ah hud ma suspicions, but withoot proof what cud ah do?

For some reason, I'm picturing Aitken saying this.

Yes, just a couple of shops along from the Granary pub.

I bought a Rangers scarf from it would you believe.
Many moons ago when I had no idea of its rancid connections.
I used to go in at lunchtime when I was at Shawlands Academy mid 80’s. Always remember it being an old guy that never said much but stared a lot. Shudder when I think about it now.

McStay played at Hamilton Thistle for years. Not sure how much of his youth was at CBC mate.

I’d say it’s because they have been trying their hardest to cover it up. The last internal investigation they had also found nothing, and that was before the perpetrators were caught.
I believe on both occasions there was no internal investigation.
I can just imagine their 'internal investigation' along the lines of

Kelly points finger and says........did you do it?

Naw

You?

Naw.

You?

Naw

OK, good.. No rancid perverts in here. Case closed.

Well, you get the picture.

Back