Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

EH47; Now unless I dreamt it, was there not an interview for (?) news
where "Mr.Henry was commenting on the actual contents & said
CELTIC is 1 of the teams noted"? Sure it was just before its actual
release date, as a taster before publication! I actually think he was
outside his scope+ remit & he has not been seen for a bit. :eek:
OK, after searching on another laptop I have found the PDF for the " The Interim
Report of the Independant Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football" 15/6/2018.
It is 63 pages long, have read first 5 pages, no names, though that first part did have
a few words on Abuse being carried out while being abroad, so a big team then?

So this is the Document that Martin Henry mentioned Celtic (ONLY), but did not name any other team in the short interview, sorry dont have that, must be just before the Report date. Sure he had too try retracting the Celtic name the he was
not suppose too say? Also I dont think he has done ANYMORE tv slots?
Do I need too read the other 50 odd pages, or is it a waste of time.

So if no other teams are named by the report, was it a brain fart? :))

OK, after searching on another laptop I have found the PDF for the " The Interim
Report of the Independant Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football" 15/6/2018.
It is 63 pages long, have read first 5 pages, no names, though that first part did have
a few words on Abuse being carried out while being abroad, so a big team then?

So this is the Document that Martin Henry mentioned Celtic (ONLY), but did not name any other team in the short interview, sorry dont have that, must be just before the Report date. Sure he had too try retracting the Celtic name the he was
not suppose too say? Also I dont think he has done ANYMORE tv slots?
Do I need too read the other 50 odd pages, or is it a waste of time.

So if no other teams are named by the report, was it a brain fart? :))
You could just do a search for specific terms.

I truly hope, and expect that AG will be forthright and tenacious - Paxman style - with his platform questions to key ScotGov politicians, SMSM roustabout's, SFA and the 'club like no other' leaders. More power to his elbow in exposing this heinous-crime-club and giving peace and some kind of closure to all affected by this.

@Grigo Yossarian hope all is well, is there one point of contact going to Adrian so it’s well documented?
BB. Don't know why one point of contact is a good idea. After all, they are a "team". One point of contact would mean one person responding to messages which he/she may not know the answer to. Also, the time involved. One person responsible for answering emails etc could be a full time job. If it's spread among the team then the resources are not stretched. IMO

Nothing has been decided yet BB, but we do speak to victims pretty much every day, so we will continue to support them in any way we can.
It was more from the point of passing clear and concise timelines and records on as he’s obviously on the hunt for information. One area is the mountains and screeds of publications proving the same entity. The other is tying various ends together presenting the intrinsic web that’s there. Just hope it’s clear!

It was more from the point of passing clear and concise timelines and records on as he’s obviously on the hunt for information. One area is the mountains and screeds of publications proving the same entity. The other is tying various ends together presenting the intrinsic web that’s there. Just hope it’s clear!
We are very well organised in the background. There’s no worries on that front I can assure you.

BB. Don't know why one point of contact is a good idea. After all, they are a "team". One point of contact would mean one person responding to messages which he/she may not know the answer to. Also, the time involved. One person responsible for answering emails etc could be a full time job. If it's spread among the team then the resources are not stretched. IMO
You’re right. It is a full time job. I realised that on Christmas Day last year. We have different members working on various issues and we’re very well organised, and I can assure you nothing will be missed.

I don’t doubt that I was meaning more for ease of transfer of info, avoiding duplication and giving Adrian exactly what he needs. I only say that as there are screeds and screeds Of info and he’d need weeks to go through and makes sense of it
The information we have nobody has. I will be speaking to the appropriate journalists that require our information. I understand you’re point though.

Does he not need too watch what he is doing, with the" LIVE CASES"etc.
What happened to the 3x1hr Documentaries, will AG beat them too it? :confused: :))
I mentioned this previously in the thread. One of the researchers on Dan Gordon’s team was contacted at the start of the COVID pandemic.
We were told that this is still happening but for obvious reasons it was put on hold. We’re not sure if it’s complete as you’ll be well aware there have been more developments, especially in the past year. If we receive anymore information on this then it will be posted.

It's clear alright ..... And big,very big

Out of everybody that has failed those boys and their families that wee c**t is the one I hold the most hate for. It's unbelievable that a "justice" secretary has behaved the way he has. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

I will never understand why he has ignored the victims or their families. He hasn't even pretended to care about this issue. If he is so conflicted by this scandal because it is his favourite team, he should step down and let someone else take over, someone who does care about justice being done.

All of his virtue signalling, about every conceivable issue, outwith our country i may add, is just a deflection from his failure to implement any productive policies as justice minister. He is out of his depth, and he knows it.

Once the full scale of this scandal comes out, questions will be asked about the role he has played in this, and so far, it's not looking good for him, or for the government.

I will never understand why he has ignored the victims or their families. He hasn't even pretended to care about this issue. If he is so conflicted by this scandal because it is his favourite team, he should step down and let someone else take over, someone who does care about justice being done.

All of his virtue signalling, about every conceivable issue, outwith our country i may add, is just a deflection from his failure to implement any productive policies as justice minister. He is out of his depth, and he knows it.

Once the full scale of this scandal comes out, questions will be asked about the role he has played in this, and so far, it's not looking good for him, or for the government.

It’s not only the justice secretary but the whole of the Scottish Government. It is absolutely down to politics. They rely on the Irish Catholic support to cling on to power and as long as they rely on that they will do every they can to protect the Irish Catholic Football Club playing in Scotland and that is regardless of the team any of them support

If this had been a traditionally Unionist club such as Rangers there is absolutely no doubt an SNP led Scottish Government would have handled it completely differently

It’s not only the justice secretary but the whole of the Scottish Government. It is absolutely down to politics. They rely on the Irish Catholic support to cling on to power and as long as they rely on that they will do every they can to protect the Irish Catholic Football Club playing in Scotland and that is regardless of the team any of them support

If this had been a traditionally Unionist club such as Rangers there is absolutely no doubt an SNP led Scottish Government would have handled it completely differently
Was going to like this post but obviously it is the truth and the truth sometimes is unpalatable thank fexk wee stompy never had any children fear for useless's

If evidence could be found that people in Govt deliberately ignored this scandal to protect votes, it would be enough to bring the whole rotten lot down.

What more evidence do you need?

There have been several criminal convictions with abusers being sent to jail.

Yes it's clear to us but that wouldn't stand up in court. You would need a whistle blower or copy of minutes that said they deliberately chose to ignore this story.

Imagine for one minute that Rangers were the club attempting to keep a lid on a paedophile ring of some 50 years standing operating within the club, and the internet was awash with celtc fans demanding that Rangers were brought to book.
What would his (and the rest of the Scottish mhedia's) response be?

It's only Rangers fans who are publicising this because - shamefully - everybody, repeat everybody - else in Scottish society is turning their back on it lest it upset the very perverts who are the perpetrators of this evil.

The guy is a complete nonentity and should be treated with the contempt he has worked so hard to deserve.
He's just another who will crawl back under his stone when people will rightly ask "how did this whole sordid business remain a secret for so long? What were the mhedia doing?"

And he calls himself a Christian too. He disgusts me.

Last edited:
A “rock for let” absolute glorious Mr Woods,we’re right next to you shoulder to shoulder pal.

Next couple months are going to be interesting and the time to compromise and reflect heartache for survivors has long since passed.

I know certain politicians look in here and journalists,your all going on the “wall of shame” !

Take a ticket and wait at the end of the quee you dirty scumbags who are solely here to suppress and muddy waters,to protect church and club.

Absolute filth.

Has Spiers ever written a damning article on this scandal? I only ever see him comment on, and spread misinformation about Rangers fans.

I can say with absolute certainty that our fans are not gloating or excited about this. We are angry about what is possibly the biggest cover up in world sport. Journalists up here ignore the fact that fans of either club have friends or relatives who have been affected by this. So to any journalists looking in again and questioning the motivations of our fans, I ask that you look at the bigger picture.

This scandal goes way beyond football allegiances.

A “rock for let” absolute glorious Mr Woods,we’re right next to you shoulder to shoulder pal.

Next couple months are going to be interesting and the time to compromise and reflect heartache for survivors has long since passed.

I know certain politicians look in here and journalists,your all going on the “wall of shame” !

Take a ticket and wait at the end of the quee you dirty scumbags who are solely here to suppress and muddy waters,to protect church and club.

Absolute filth.
Never a truer word said. In the next couple of months there is going to be a lot of movement on this issue. You and me both know we can’t go any further on this due to legalities.
This, along with journalists outside Scotland waiting to take the story worldwide.
The SNP had their opportunity to do something about this but chose to ignore it. Even one of their MSP’s accusing us of bigotry. I’m not exaggerating here. It’s absolutely frightening that these individuals run our country. Corrupt to the core.

Back