Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

EH47

A question above all else that I do not understand. If any other business was attacked with such strong claims of being linked to paedophilia. Why are they themselves not taking legal action?
The cats now out the bag.
They are now very much in the containment phase, and trying to manage the fallout as best as they can.
This is why they have a PR company working on their behalf falsifying and inventing spurious reports and spreading them among bheast fans knowing they will enthusiastically spread malicious stories about other clubs involvement in similar.
They will also be desperate to try to buy off some of the more financially challenged victims with bargain basement settlement payments that would possibly slup under the public's radar.
The are being coached on an ongoing basis by the very people who invented these black arts, namely the catholic clergy, who have honed their expertise in such matters for centuries.

DadoBear

If the penalty for tax mismanagement was demotion to league 2 then what should the punishment for decades of facilitating paedophilia, child rape and buggery. Add to that causing continued suffering to the survivors by employing delaying and obfuscation tactics to further put off the inevitable reputational melt down. Surely the only fitting punishment is expulsion? I can honestly say that if the situation was reversed I would not be back at Ibrox until the club had made a serious attempt to hold their hands up and make good on their responsibilities to the victims. And that doesn’t include issuing mealy mouthed statements from the Legal dept expressing “regret”, I know plenty of tims and I’m astonished at how they can just park this issue to the back of their tiny brains. I hope their corporate downfall coincides with us getting our 55th and send the scum back to the Republic of Ireland that they love so much.

marmaladebear

If the penalty for tax mismanagement was demotion to league 2 then what should the punishment for decades of facilitating paedophilia, child rape and buggery. Add to that causing continued suffering to the survivors by employing delaying and obfuscation tactics to further put off the inevitable reputational melt down. Surely the only fitting punishment is expulsion? I can honestly say that if the situation was reversed I would not be back at Ibrox until the club had made a serious attempt to hold their hands up and make good on their responsibilities to the victims. And that doesn’t include issuing mealy mouthed statements from the Legal dept expressing “regret”, I know plenty of tims and I’m astonished at how they can just park this issue to the back of their tiny brains. I hope their corporate downfall coincides with us getting our 55th and send the scum back to the Republic of Ireland that they love so much.
This is true. In any normal society any organisation doing what they have done would be dissolved completely and be no more. All its so called achievements in the relevant times would be expunged from the record books and it would be impossible for it to have any place in society, even in any resurrected form. Also those that back the organisation would be treated the same as holocaust deniers, for they are of the same mindset, and be ostracised from decent humanity. This will be difficult because so many of the so called elite in our country are deviants. They have never wanted the ordinary people to know what they get up to.

ghoulishworm

I'm quite sure I've read on here from other posters that the people of the Republic of Ireland have no time for the plastics and support Man.U. over celtic.

EH47

Imagine for a moment or two the response of the tarrier fans, their horrible club's officials, their ex-players, their showbiz friends, their mhedia friends - radio, TV, newspapers, bloggers, all round general apologists, various SNP politicians of all levels, rank and file Scottish Natsi party members, and last - but not least - the actual football administrators of the SFA and SPFL, if it was US who had set up and run a boys club with the express aim of turning it into a paedophile ring to be supplied with a never-ending queue of young laddies who only wanted to play fitba, most of them for the team they loved.
You know who they all are - they were very vocal back in the day and still are at the slightest opportunity. (Yet now, to a man and woman, they have uttered not a single word in condemnation at the goings-on at the Knew Camp.)
Just remember all of the above in 2012, and since, sticking it to us whenever the opportunity presents itself, because we used a legal tax system for some players.

Now imagine how much worse would have been their rabid, hateful, self-righteous outpourings if we had been raping kids going back as long as FIFTY YEARS, and doing our utmost to suppress and deny it now, with the help of a shameless, mercenary PR outfit.

They are the scum, and don't let them forget it, especially if they start havering about "point scoring".

Thor

Celtc are sitting on Pandoras box, and it's bursting at the seams. They know when it open's there will be no end to what is inside.
Of this there’s is no doubt. However my only issue is there isn’t the same bloodlust as there was for us back in 2011/12 by the media in this country. They are doing everything they can to hide what has happened and the media are complicit in this cover up of the more and more things that are being uncovered.
Your normal person in the street has no idea about this!
Hopefully once the documentaries etc come out it’ll help the victims get justice.

DadoBear

Like we've said for years : Big Jock Knew, yet not one of our so-called investigative journalists has ever seen fit to shine a light on this.
Shame on them, shame on Scotland.
Exactly mate, would love to see them asked directly at one of press conference “love ins” their thoughts on the fact that so many young kids were preyed upon by a group of peados at CBC whilst following their dreams to play for Celtic. Watch TLB and the fat slugs discomfort as they cut the press conference short with no comment. You would think in a decent civilised society these questions would be perfectly reasonable. Not one of the Scottish press pack would have the balls to ask the obvious questions.

Brant Hurley

COVID-19 has postponed Qualified One-way Cost Shifting to year end, effectively recessed the courts & delayed justice for the victims of decades-long child abuse.

Meantime with no remorse, shame or apology Celtc publicise missing kids? Why not compensate the living victims of their own affiliates! The height of hypocrisy.

Grigo Yossarian

Exactly mate, would love to see them asked directly at one of press conference “love ins” their thoughts on the fact that so many young kids were preyed upon by a group of peados at CBC whilst following their dreams to play for Celtic. Watch TLB and the fat slugs discomfort as they cut the press conference short with no comment. You would think in a decent civilised society these questions would be perfectly reasonable. Not one of the Scottish press pack would have the balls to ask the obvious questions.
That's it gone public in Michigan for ONE PAEDOPHILE, yet this embarrassing country ignores
a whole paedophile ring mate.

Coop1872

Surely making the point about the farcical nature of their 'separate entity' claim ? If they are arranging the kids passports at the club ?????
It does that but that's not what the tweet is about. Why did the SFA order Celtic to cancel the trip, what were the reasons given which Gordon now doubts and what does Gordon believe was the real reason?