Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The lives ruined by the vile crimes at Celtic must be staggering.
Drug and alcohol addiction as a result of abuse, shattered mental health and sadly many suicides.
I wonder just how many victims there were and how many suicides that we won’t have heard off yet.
A disgrace of an organisation
Drug and alcohol addiction as a result of abuse, shattered mental health and sadly many suicides.
I wonder just how many victims there were and how many suicides that we won’t have heard off yet.
And a more than possible murder of a young lad

And a more than possible murder of a young lad
That case definitely needs looked at again
At the time of the investigation Jim McCafferty was a suspect but he wasn’t a known abuser at the time of the murder
We now know McCafferty was a serial abuser
Haggart was coached by McCafferty, his boys club secretary was Strachan and he was apparently murdered by another abuser in Beattie.
These young players were surrounded by beasts

I watched the NOW TV documentary called "Outcry" this weekend which is about a massive CSA cover-up and framing of a young US footballer. The team who dealt with this event would be a dream team to have investigate the cfc east-end crime scene. It was a relentless pursuit of the real criminals, those who bent every rule to frame an innocent young man.

Outcry
Showtime sports
Bat Bridge Entertainment

Yes they are a disgrace Coop,but don't think the abusers stop at celtic, there are many more "shadow" people involved in this scandal.

Yes they are a disgrace Coop,but don't think the abusers stop at celtic, there are many more "shadow" people involved in this scandal.
Of course not these vile b@stards have managed to infiltrate many organisations
The clear difference at Celtic is the fact that they knew about it and did nothing
No other organisation in the world (other than a certain religious organisation) would take a child abuser (Torbett) back after him having to leave for abusing children
They tried to take Cairney back after abusing children and they took Strachan into the Edinburgh boys club AFTER his first conviction.
From 1966 to 1998 the leadership of Celtic FC were aware of abuse and failed to stop it so they are every bit as responsible for the abuse as the perpetrators.
No other sporting organisation in the world has had 9 (most likely more) child abusers

That case definitely needs looked at again
At the time of the investigation Jim McCafferty was a suspect but he wasn’t a known abuser at the time of the murder
We now know McCafferty was a serial abuser
Haggart was coached by McCafferty, his boys club secretary was Strachan and he was apparently murdered by another abuser in Beattie.
These young players were surrounded by beasts
And we know McCafferty phoned the boy early that afternoon before his death that night

From the 3 photos of the CBC teams if memory serves did they not have their own badge so the strips would be made bespoke by umbro etc on ra hoops (sic) CRSmith added as main sponsor of parent club without consent that would infringe copyright and IP surely? So why would that be done for a separate entity without devaluing the name of the scum who do love self promoting and being besties of everyone.

Revisiting Lawrence Haggarts death.
There's a few things don't sit easy with me.
That is one enquiry that needs further investigation.
Was he silenced?
Why was his feet burned?
Was it a message to the other kids?
Murdered to protect more powerful people?
McCafferty involved?
Who else was involved?

What was the relevance of the number '110' written in ink on both his palms and carved into his shoulder (with a key or similar)? That was clearly a message and somebody somewhere knows what it means.

What was the relevance of the number '110' written in ink on both his palms and carved into his shoulder (with a key or similar)? That was clearly a message and somebody somewhere knows what it means.
I’ve always thought it was a religious reference. Possibly Psalm 110 but I don’t know enough to put it in context. It would be interesting to see who amongst the suspects was particularly religious and devout enough to know or have an interpretation.

Seems the club like no other think they have the power to make the truth what they want.
It's as if they have no case to answer, the ignorance and arrogance displayed is truly shocking. Long overdue that they are forced to face the shocking reality of what happened to many victims in their care.

An arrogance that stems from them thinking they are above the laws of the country, and that they don't apply to them.

Seems the club like no other think they have the power to make the truth what they want.
It's as if they have no case to answer, the ignorance and arrogance displayed is truly shocking. Long overdue that they are forced to face the shocking reality of what happened to many victims in their care.
If it was left to the SMSM, with one very honourable exception, then this matter would of course be dead and buried. It almost defies belief that no journo has ever asked how this internal investigation is progressing. It's like it's some insignificant matter which shouldn't be brought up.

Fortunately the team on here have broadened the scope of this disgusting story and the questions are coming from non Scottish journos although of course Marc Horne must escape any criticism as he has been on their case for a long time now.

Scotland as a country should be embarrassed at the wilful cover up which is taking place.

I've had a wee search about this numbers significance. Apparently it represents the result of a life of holiness and virtue that ends under painful conditions. But it is glorifying for the soul of the person himself.
Also 110 is the number of wounds made by the crown of thorns worn by Christ and the number of times he was brutally pushed.
110 is mentioned 5 times in the Bible.

From the 3 photos of the CBC teams if memory serves did they not have their own badge so the strips would be made bespoke by umbro etc on ra hoops (sic) CRSmith added as main sponsor of parent club without consent that would infringe copyright and IP surely? So why would that be done for a separate entity without devaluing the name of the scum who do love self promoting and being besties of everyone.

Even more simply than that, would be interesting to see exactly who Umbro invoiced for those strips...

Even more simply than that, would be interesting to see exactly who Umbro invoiced for those strips...
It would also be interesting to know the wording the CR Smith sponsorship contract to see if the deal covered the first team alone, or Celtic sides at every level.

Most Boys clubs just wear generic strips. Those that do have sponsors are usually funded by a local business not a national glazing firm

I've had a wee search about this numbers significance. Apparently it represents the result of a life of holiness and virtue that ends under painful conditions. But it is glorifying for the soul of the person himself.
Also 110 is the number of wounds made by the crown of thorns worn by Christ and the number of times he was brutally pushed.
Now, who do we know that played for them and managed them that was "holier than thou"?

Of course not these vile b@stards have managed to infiltrate many organisations
The clear difference at Celtic is the fact that they knew about it and did nothing
No other organisation in the world (other than a certain religious organisation) would take a child abuser (Torbett) back after him having to leave for abusing children
They tried to take Cairney back after abusing children and they took Strachan into the Edinburgh boys club AFTER his first conviction.
From 1966 to 1998 the leadership of Celtic FC were aware of abuse and failed to stop it so they are every bit as responsible for the abuse as the perpetrators.
No other sporting organisation in the world has had 9 (most likely more) child abusers

Are there 9 named now?

Watching Andy Woodward on BBC this morning on Victoria Derbyshire...this lad is the English version of Gordon Woods.
Is she one worth making aware at the disgraceful inactions of every authority up here.
Andy is on talking about the delayed FA child abuse review sounds awfy familiar. He thanked her for all her help over the last 4 years.

Watching Andy Woodward on BBC this morning on Victoria Derbyshire...this lad is the English version of Gordon Woods.
Is she one worth making aware at the disgraceful inactions of every authority up here.
Andy is on talking about the delayed FA child abuse review sounds awfy familiar. He thanked her for all her help over the last 4 years.
Just watched that there UJ. English FA constantly delaying. Andy is looking well and finished off with saying they just want the ‘honest truth’.

The Inaction against, and leniant sentences handed out to, these beasts is the biggest scandal in our lifetime.

If you walk into a bank with a replica firearm and steal £10,000 then you would get 10 years+.

If you ruin a childs life then you may not even go to jail!

The lack of will to punish these crimes comes from the very top and it sickens me.

Money is more important than Children. How sick is that?

The Inaction against, and leniant sentences handed out to, these beasts is the biggest scandal in our lifetime.

If you walk into a bank with a replica firearm and steal £10,000 then you would get 10 years+.

The lack of will to punish these crimes comes from the very top and it sickens me.

The difference to what Bennell recieved compared to the scum up here is incredible. Hopefully the guys on here can keep pushing and it becomes a national , even worldwide story which brings proper justice to those who committed the crimes and closure for those affected by them.

Some of your high up Judges are probably at it aswell, therefore they can relate to someone abusing children. A rich Judge can't relate to anyone having to go and rob a bank for a "measly" £10,000.

Perhaps this poor lad was victim no 110

The difference to what Bennell recieved compared to the scum up here is incredible. Hopefully the guys on here can keep pushing and it becomes a national , even worldwide story which brings proper justice to those who committed the crimes and closure for those affected by them.

As far as I understand the problem sits with the justice system in Scotland, the options a judge has at hand when determining a sentence are quite limited and lenient towards paedos. Its not helped either by having a Yousless justice minister, the system needs an overhaul and a clearout.

This absolute clown never ceases to shock me. How dare he talk about the safety of children. What about the children of the past that you have continually let down and had no communication whatsoever with them or their families.
This individual has to removed from office. He clearly doesn’t want to stand against his beloved club. I’ll leave it there.

This absolute clown never ceases to shock me. How dare he talk about the safety of children. What about the children of the past that you have continually let down and had no communication whatsoever with them or their families.
This individual has to removed from office. He clearly doesn’t want to stand against his beloved club. I’ll leave it there.

He truly is a vile, disgusting, hypocrite.

I actually surprise myself that I detest this paedo harbourer supporter more and more with each passing day, but I do.

The old saying, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem and this ignorant idiot is certainly a problem. How can a justice minister continually ignore victims that have, for the lack of a better term, been banging on his door with bare knuckles asking to be heard but not even given the vindication that they EXIST. It sickens me to the pit of my stomach that this government put in position to protect and serve us wont even give the victims the time of day. Not one moment to say, we care! and we are on your side, nothing!

The old saying, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem and this ignorant idiot is certainly a problem. How can a justice minister continually ignore victims that have, for the lack of a better term, been banging on his door with bare knuckles asking to be heard but not even given the vindication that they EXIST. It sickens me to the pit of my stomach that this government put in position to protect and serve us wont even give the victims the time of day. Not one moment to say, we care! and we are on your side, nothing!

Everytime this moron opens his mouth he puts his foot right in it.

Giving plenty of people ammunition in this campaign like Michelle Gray.

Shameful he's a Justice Secretary.

As far as I understand the problem sits with the justice system in Scotland, the options a judge has at hand when determining a sentence are quite limited and lenient towards paedos. Its not helped either by having a Yousless justice minister, the system needs an overhaul and a clearout.

The Justice minister should be the first to go in any overhaul. A disgraceful position to take on this scandal, ignoring pleas from victims/survivors and their families. Zero responsibility towards people who have been affected by the action of a club he supports.

In a position that far exceeds his abilities. He is always quick to say he won't be silenced on social media , while silencing and ignoring critics of his government and their handling of this scandal.

The Justice minister should be the first to go in any overhaul. A disgraceful position to take on this scandal, ignoring pleas from victims/survivors and their families. Zero responsibility towards people who have been affected by the action of a club he supports.

In a position that far exceeds his abilities. He is always quick to say he won't be silenced on social media , while silencing and ignoring critics of his government and their handling of this scandal.
A position that far exceeds his ethics and morals.

Back