Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

that quote from me looks out of context from what you're saying. I just don't trust Thompson Solicitors getting results for the victims. Power to you.
Again I hope you don’t mind me asking. Is it Thomson you don’t trust, or solicitors in general? I’m genuinely interested in why you have that view? Solicitors gather evidence, and you’ll obviously be aware that this takes time. You’ll also be aware that this goes back a lot of years.
There are victims of all ages that Thompsons are representing that goes way back to the sixties.
This isn’t just about perpetrators. It’s also about apologists and enablers. They know who they are. Some may not be alive, and some are. They know we’re coming.
This all takes time. Maybe if there was a different political party running Scotland, then it would move a whole lot quicker?
The beasts at that club destroyed boy’s dreams, boys that loved football. Not just from one generation. Individuals also knew and said nothing.

There’s no such thing as a separate entity. They have no shame. The world will see that. When you hear the stories, it will live with you forever. All they wanted to do was kick a ball.
No club in the world has done what they have done. A club like no other.

Good luck to Thompson’s.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Opinions may vary on their qualities as footballers but nobody can deny they were motivators on the pitch.
I wonder, did McGarvey (St Mirren player on the day, but celebrated at the end with a Celtic top on) have any connection to their ‘club’?

You'll need to show me a pic of McGarvey celebrating. I reckon Jim Stewart would have ripped his head off. I remember that day as if it was yesterday and I was spewing for Doddie and Sandy. In all those 34 years iv never seen a pic of McGarvey in a Celtic strip other than when he played for them.

Separate entity?

79e54Vi.png

You'll need to show me a pic of McGarvey celebrating. I reckon Jim Stewart would have ripped his head off. I remember that day as if it was yesterday and I was spewing for Doddie and Sandy. In all those 34 years iv never seen a pic of McGarvey in a Celtic strip other than when he played for them.

After a half hour search I can’t find any pics, only references to him celebrating at their end with a Celtic scarf on. A buddies pal who was there confirms it but has no pics. I certainly do remember the scarf incident, I’ll stand corrected on the strip if nobody shows evidence otherwise.
Again, apologies for diverting this important thread.

Last edited:
They boast of a global brand and known the world over, when truly exposed for what went on for generations their will be no hiding place. The perpetrators and those that refused to act deserve all that awaits. The victims hopefully get the justice they seek, it's the least they deserve.
Wonder how good the Adidas 'morals' clause is?
They have chosen to ignore many warnings.
Griggo and many other will confirm.

Last edited:
After a half hour search I can’t find any pics, only references to him celebrating at their end with a Celtic scarf on. A jambo pal who was there confirms it but has no pics. I certainly do remember the scarf incident, I’ll stand corrected on the strip if nobody shows evidence otherwise.
Again, apologies for diverting this important thread.
Why would a jambo be there?

It's a strange one. A lot of guys I work with are fans of English clubs. Whenever the subject of Celtic's association with paedophiles crops up, most opt out of the conversation and are happy when the talk turns back to results and performances and managerial sackings and other more regular stuff. They'll shake their heads and tut-tut, but without real feeling. It's as if they're fearful of having their view of football as simply a sport sullied by having to think about the enormity of the scandal at Parkhead. Or maybe they attribute my disgust, as a Rangers fan, to bias, and deem it to be disproportionate.

I don't live in Scotland so am not best placed to comment, but from afar it doesn't appear that there is much condemnation of Celtic from fans of Scottish clubs - other than Rangers - either, let alone call for an independent investigation into the club's conduct.

Yet this, surely, is what is needed: a Westminster-led inquiry to shed light on not just the abusers and their crimes but also those, within and outside of the Celtic family, who actively, or by inaction, sought and continue to seek to cover them up or minimise their consequences.

Demotion? Expulsion from the professional leagues? Disbandment? Unlikely for the Establishment club. But, at the very least, Celtic's sanctimony should be stripped bare and their fans and fluffers left bereft of recourse to denial and deflection.

We all need spared from the insult of it, most especially the victims of abuse.
Ft Vatican

The St Mirren players were all happy as %^*& in changing room after game high fiving etc, Jim wasnt best pleased.

I know it is not directly linked to this thread, but i thought I would post this to get others to share.

That is a REAL horror film: I was so shocked I had to turn it off after no more than 30 seconds and to think that REAL PEOPLE posting in here had to live a life like that fills me with so much compassion I can't put it into words.
I defy any Revisionist Scumbag who has ever uttered or written the words "point scoring" in regard to this subject, to watch this film and ever utter these words again. These animal perpetrators of this repulsiveness have to allow their victims their day in court.
And tell this to your mates and tell them to get off the backs of the brave witnesses in here, they've suffered enough in the name of brother walfrid.

They walk amongst us.

That is a REAL horror film: I was so shocked I had to turn it off after no more than 30 seconds and to think that REAL PEOPLE posting in here had to live a life like that fills me with so much compassion I can't put it into words.
I defy any Revisionist Scumbag who has ever uttered or written the words "point scoring" in regard to this subject, to watch this film and ever utter these words again. These animal perpetrators of this repulsiveness have to allow their victims their day in court.
And tell this to your mates and tell them to get off the backs of the brave witnesses in here, they've suffered enough in the name of brother walfrid.

They walk amongst us.
You're 100% right - It really is horrendous ; I couldn't watch it right through either .
What the f-ck makes people want to do things like that ? The b-stards don't deserve to live .

The police, all over the country, seem to run scared of investigating CSA. I know of cases in Essex, Yorkshire & Lancashire where victims appear to have been let down. The police do have a difficult job and it was not made easier by Wiltshire police, aided by Tom Watson and Daily Mail, so enthusiastically jumping on the “Nick” bandwagon.

Hopefully the silence on their part of Police Scotland is because they are hard at work beavering away at investigation rather than brushing under the carpet.

Just a thought could a victim sue Torbett, for example, in a civil court for damages?

A campaign to shut them down should be happening.
Hopefully after all the documentaries are shown the public will be more aware of what went on and will be willing to sign petitions etc. to get them shut down.

I can't wait for this all to come out.

The only thing to bear in mind may be that if they are closed down too quickly the victims may not get the compensation they deserve if there is no entity left to sue.

Any lawyers on here know the process on how any cash and assets would be ring fenced if that is even a possibility?

Just heard James English saying to a Journalist called Sonia on his podcast that Gerry worked for Celtic and how much power and connections does Gerry really have at the top level and he mentioned the big peado ring that went on at the chamber of secrets, never thought I’d hear that.

English is a mentally challenged so never expected him to try and get her views on Gerry McCann with the Saville/Celtic connections.

Just heard James English saying to a Journalist called Sonia on his podcast that Gerry worked for Celtic and how much power and connections does Gerry really have at the top level and he mentioned the big peado ring that went on at the chamber of secrets, never thought I’d hear that.

English is a mentally challenged so never expected him to try and get her views on Gerry McCann with the Saville/Celtic connections.
James English has been openly critical of that clubs stance in the past.

Back