Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I’ve said it before - Keevins knows what was going on.

An old school journalist who operated in the days when journalists had their ears to the ground for gossip and who had contacts within clubs. Keevins was best pals with Tommy Burns who was a big supporter of Frank Cairney.

The notion that Keevins hadn’t heard the rumours about CBC from the 70’s onwards is ludicrous.

The dogs in the street had heard the rumours. I was just a young kid but even I and my pals had heard the stories about CBC.
I agree. The fact he refuses to discuss says it all. I could not live with myself if I knew what he did.

Talking of the Elephant in the room. I believe it has now grown to a full herd, as the number of the guilty who have been called out by name have still to come out and try to sue the person/people making the allegation/s. Why don't they do this?

For me this says so much more. Imagine, the first one who steps out of the shadows to sue would bring the whole thing tumbling down on the others. There must be many folk in government, law, judiciary, msm, football and churches who cannot get 30 mins unbroken sleep without jumping out of bed sweating each time the doorbell/phone rings or a police car drives by with the siren going. Sweet dreams arseholes.

tick tock tick tock
Big Jock Knewco have a lot coming there way.

The more I think about it the more I believe that the Celtic Board only sacked Torbett in order to keep Jock Stein at the club. I think he would have gave them an ultimatum with "Him or me".

Now the fact that Jock Stein was so successful they had to. If Stein was a mediocre manager at the time I believe he would have been allowed to leave instead of "One of their own" even though Torbett was a sick bastard. These people have historically kept quiet and saved their own to save their own image.

For Jock Stein to have only been offered a job in the Celtic Pools after his spell as manager and Britain's most decorated stinks. I have never understood it and the usual "He didn't get a place on the board because he's Protestant" might be a reason. However I think the main reason was he was the one to act and get rid of a paedophile. I think the board already knew about it, some may even enabled it and if it weren't for Jock Stein would have carried on under the radar. They basically did a constructive dismissal on him because he opened the genie in the bottle.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more I believe that the Celtic Board only sacked Torbett in order to keep Jock Stein at the club. I think he would have gave them an ultimatum with "Him or me".

Now the fact that Jock Stein was so successful they had to. If Stein was a mediocre manager at the time I believe he would have been allowed to leave instead of "One of their own" even though Torbett was a sick bastard. These people have historically kept quiet and saved their own to save their own image.

For Jock Stein to have only been offered a job in the Celtic Pools after his spell as manager and Britain's most decorated stinks. I have never understood it and the usual "He didn't get a place on the board because he's Protestant" might be a reason. However I think the main reason was he was the one to act and get rid of a paedophile. I think the board already knew about it, some may even enabled it and if it weren't for Jock Stein would have carried on under the radar. They basically did a constuctive dismissal on him because he opened the genie in the bottle.

Getting rid of bawface would have kept the genie in...for a while.

The whole Torbett thing runs deeper..I am now convinced Torbetts business was being used to launder undeclared gate money and keeping him around was vital to that operation and Torbetts deviancy was tolerated to keep him sweet ...getting rid of bawface who of course knew all about Torbett and his penchant for wee boys was his price

We know this has been shown before but we have many new followers on Facebook and Twitter from around the world that haven’t seen it. This includes journalists.

BN - has info been sent to the following?

Home Secretary Priti Patel said some who had suffered child sexual abuse had told her they felt "let down by the state", and insisted she was "determined to put this right".

BN - has info been sent to the following?

Home Secretary Priti Patel said some who had suffered child sexual abuse had told her they felt "let down by the state", and insisted she was "determined to put this right".

All we can say is we have been in contact with Westminster. My original contact was with Nadhim Zahawi who is now the Covid minister.
The main reason I contacted him was we were getting no reply from the SNP at the time. He contacted the Scottish under qualified government and I had a reply within days.
We do know that certain survivors have also been in contact with Westminster. The reply that I received was they supported our fight but couldn’t act professionally due to the devolved situation. I didn’t accept that, and that’s when we set about proving cross border links with perpetrators at Celtic and beasts down south. This is still ongoing and we can’t really speak about this at the moment.
It was also around this time that I made contact with a certain journalist and the authorities in Kearny New Jersey which we are led to believe the investigation is still ongoing.
We strongly believe that more will come out reference New Jersey. Well we know it will but again we can’t really speak about this.
We are now entering the stage of the court cases with new charges coming to certain known perpetrators linked to Celtic and also another alleged perpetrator Lyness Malley and we believe there are more to be tracked down and we are making progress, but again we are limited on what we can say.
This battle has been hard and frustrating. We are up against a Scottish government riddled with Celtic apologists. All I can say is highly influential people are taking notice due to the efforts of Spotlight.
One thing that has to be remembered is the press are restricted by law on what they can print but that’s only at the moment. Spotlight have uncovered a certain issue that will completely blow the separate entity claim out the water once and for all. It’s all about timing and certain legalities.
For the lurkers. Don’t under estimate Spotlight. We have found certain individuals that some thought were hidden forever. We’ve got everything on them. Even the places they visit etc. We will hunt you down.

All we can say is we have been in contact with Westminster. My original contact was with Nadhim Zahawi who is now the Covid minister.
The main reason I contacted him was we were getting no reply from the SNP at the time. He contacted the Scottish under qualified government and I had a reply within days.
We do know that certain survivors have also been in contact with Westminster. The reply that I received was they supported our fight but couldn’t act professionally due to the devolved situation. I didn’t accept that, and that’s when we set about proving cross border links with perpetrators at Celtic and beasts down south. This is still ongoing and we can’t really speak about this at the moment.
It was also around this time that I made contact with a certain journalist and the authorities in Kearny New Jersey which we are led to believe the investigation is still ongoing.
We strongly believe that more will come out reference New Jersey. Well we know it will but again we can’t really speak about this.
We are now entering the stage of the court cases with new charges coming to certain known perpetrators linked to Celtic and also another alleged perpetrator Lyness Malley and we believe there are more to be tracked down and we are making progress, but again we are limited on what we can say.
This battle has been hard and frustrating. We are up against a Scottish government riddled with Celtic apologists. All I can say is highly influential people are taking notice due to the efforts of Spotlight.
One thing that has to be remembered is the press are restricted by law on what they can print but that’s only at the moment. Spotlight have uncovered a certain issue that will completely blow the separate entity claim out the water once and for all. It’s all about timing and certain legalities.
For the lurkers. Don’t under estimate Spotlight. We have found certain individuals that some thought were hidden forever. We’ve got everything on them. Even the places they visit etc. We will hunt you down.
You are doing Gods work. If you ever need anything from an American(not subject to British Court restrictions). I am your guy.

Fantastic to read this keep up the fight for Justice

This is a very encouraging update BN94. You guys certainly know how to go about this and I would also like to take my hat off to you and your very able colleagues.

Brilliant work and thanks for the update.

Are the outside contacts (other than UK gov) aware of just how obstructive SG is in all of this?

Well done guys, considering how hard this must be to put it all together. You get the feeling that they are trying to string this cover up out for as long as possible, in the hope that those involved will pass away, and it can be covered up forever.
I really hope you do get justice for those people who have suffered horrific abuse.

I got talking to a guy a while back in the hairdresser, I was reading some of the spotlight stuff on my phone, we got into a discussion about it, he wasn't aware of any of it and was absolutely appalled at the Scottish government. It turned out he was actually a cousin of Priti Patel and suggested I should get in touch with her and make her aware. I hadn't a clue how to do this or even if it would do any good. Wish I had now.

@BN94 I don’t have access to the 1996 Torbett court trial but if Kellys testimony under oath said he was unaware of any historical claims of abuse has he committed perjury ?

Surely the 1986 Celtic View article re the “scurrilous rumours” when Kelly and McGinn categorically denied any rumours had any substance

I would think Kelly has lied in court re previous allegations of child abuse

Maybe that would be a way of forcing Kelly to be interviewed by PS as to whether he has committed perjury ?

@BN94 I don’t have access to the 1996 Torbett court trial but if Kellys testimony under oath said he was unaware of any historical claims of abuse has he committed perjury ?

Surely the 1986 Celtic View article re the “scurrilous rumours” when Kelly and McGinn categorically denied any rumours had any substance

I would think Kelly has lied in court re previous allegations of child abuse

Maybe that would be a way of forcing Kelly to be interviewed by PS as to whether he has committed perjury ?
The same Police Scotland who told the forgetful Mr Kelly to "stick to his story"

Now that is what you call a statement of intent. BN and the rest of you guys are doing an incredible job. A job that Polis Schotland should be doing. I've been following this thread from the start and I honestly cannot believe the progress that has been made. Keep fighting the good fight lads.

As a childhood survivor of CSA (childhood sexual abuse) i can't read the thread much as its a trigger but i have to intervene on this..

People in this thread know my history (abused at 8 went on for ten years, trafficked drugged molested by multiple men as part of a paedophile ring nothing to do with celtic to be clear). Now im unable to have kids and have to use a catheter to urinate and have been left with horrible mental and physical scars including being sectioned multiple times due to the extent of the mental impact its caused ) . I know there are other victims. I wrote a big post on it a few months ago, but suffice to say its ruined my life. Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the first time i was hurt. It never escapes you.

I just want to salute you @BN94 and your team . When i was at my lowest you made me feel i was among friends.

I think the idea of stickers is awful. I dont want to fall out with anyone, but seeing a sticker about child abuse stuck on bins reduces it and in reality i dont think you will achieve anything. At worst you could trigger a victim seeing the sticker. I dont want to fall out with anyone over this. Please just let @BN94 and his team do their amazing work.

Seeing a sticker about child abuse on a bin could trigger a victim into self harm or traums, to illustrate if something comes on the news about savile, it immediately truggers me to the point i have to smoke or take a prescribed valium to calm down.

For the sake of survivors we as a community and a club are better than that, we are the people, please dont go down this path. It wont acheive anything good, Just let spotlight do their work and ensure justice is done, for people like me, and those who didnt make it through.

We are the people, lets keep our dignity, and not result to this. We are better., bigger and bolder than that.

Let spotlight do their work and have patience. Justice will come, i never got any justice, let spotlight do their work to help those effected achieve theirs. putting stickers around glasgow does nothing to acheive that.

Thank you.

As a childhood survivor of CSA (childhood sexual abuse) i can't read the thread much as its a trigger but i have to intervene on this..

People in this thread know my history (abused at 8 went on for ten years, trafficked drugged molested by multiple men as part of a paedophile ring nothing to do with celtic to be clear). Now im unable to have kids and have to use a catheter to urinate and have been left with horrible mental and physical scars including being sectioned multiple times due to the extent of the mental impact its caused ) . I know there are other victims. I wrote a big post on it a few months ago, but suffice to say its ruined my life. Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the first time i was hurt. It never escapes you.

I just want to salute you @BN94 and your team . When i was at my lowest you made me feel i was among friends.

I think the idea of stickers is awful. I dont want to fall out with anyone, but seeing a sticker about child abuse stuck on bins reduces it and in reality i dont think you will achieve anything. At worst you could trigger a victim seeing the sticker. I dont want to fall out with anyone over this. Please just let @BN94 and his team do their amazing work.

Seeing a sticker about child abuse on a bin could trigger a victim into self harm or traums, to illustrate if something comes on the news about savile, it immediately truggers me to the point i have to smoke or take a prescribed valium to calm down.

For the sake of survivors, please dont go down this path. It wont acheive anything good, Just let spotlight do their work and ensure justice is done, for people like me, and those who didnt make it through.

Thank you.
Thank you for your honesty, Sir Walter. You speak from experience and it is humbling to read that. I wish you strength. You're very brave.

For the sake of survivors we as a community and a club are better than that, we are the people, please dont go down this path. It wont acheive anything good, Just let spotlight do their work and ensure justice is done, for people like me, and those who didnt make it through.

We are the people, lets keep our dignity, and not result to this. We are better., bigger and bolder than that.

Let spotlight do their work and have patience. Justice will come, i never got any justice, let spotlight do their work to help those effected achieve theirs. putting stickers around glasgow does nothing to acheive that.

Thank you.
Well said, hopefully your very valid points are listened to.

For the sake of survivors, please dont go down this path. It wont acheive anything good, Just let spotlight do their work and ensure justice is done, for people like me, and those who didnt make it through.

Thank you.
No matter how bad you think things are in your life ( work , money , other half etc. ) , posts like this make you realise what really is important and what really does matter in life ; Truly Humbling .
I sincerely hope that you , and all other people in similar circumstances , eventually get the answers and closure that you all deserve . Easy for me to say - I know , but I really hope that justice prevails ; And that your health and life improves accordingly . I cannot comprehend that human beings can do this to each other - words fail me . Take care of yourself - Please .

Thank you.
God bless you

Thank you.
I hope yourself and all the other survivors someday finally find peace and restitution from these evil rodents

I also the agree on the stickers...tacky and demeaning of a just cause

No matter how bad you think things are in your life ( work , money , other half etc. ) , posts like this make you realise what really is important and what really does matter in life ; Truly Humbling .
I sincerely hope that you , and all other people in similar circumstances , eventually get the answers and closure that you all deserve . Easy for me to say - I know , but I really hope that justice prevails ; And that your health and life improves accordingly . I cannot comprehend that human beings can do this to each other - words fail me . Take care of yourself - Please .
Will do.

The post wasnt intended to be a look at me thread or to try and gain sympathy although support from posts like yourself mate are amazing.

My broader point is i think that although the ideas of stickers is well intentioned, and I dont want to criticise anyone for doing it. Its not the right avenue to go down. It could well lead us down a path we dont want to go down.

I cant stop anyone doing what they want, i just hope my posts are considered by those going down this path from a victim point of view.

I understand the impatience of some, truly get it., but trust me @BN94 and spotlight have got this in hand. These things take time. Political, media engagement and building an evidence base is the way to go down. No matter how much Celtic try and resist the dam is going to burst, It might not happen today or tomorrow but it will happen.

I have been in conversation with @BN94 and trust me, him and his AMAZING team have this covered, Those guys are the real heroes in this fight.

Just give them time, if you want to do something get on twitter and retweet spotlight and help get the voice out there to as many media political people and involved parties who can help the cause., That is far easier and will acheive far more

Have patience brothers. Their time will come.

Thank you.

You’ve shown quite incredible strength to survive what you’ve told us on here Sir Walter.

Massive respect to you, and sincere best to you.

You’ve shown quite incredible strength to survive what you’ve told us on here Sir Walter.

Massive respect to you, and sincere best to you.
And my sincerest respect to you and all your hard work

Keep fighting the good fight. As i said above there are ways to get involved without resorting to this.

i hope when justice prevails i can buy you and your team a pint

Till that day you have my every support mate

Any my sincerest respect to you and all your hard work

Keep fighting the good fight.

i hope when justice prevails i can buy you and your team a pint

Till that day you have my every support mate

Sir Walter,

We all look up to you, and Gordon Woods & so many others who fight these memories every day.

We are not the heroes, you guys are, and anything we can do to help you, we will do.

We won’t give in.

Thank you.
You’ve shown huge bravery to post your experiences on a public forum, that takes some serious guts and I’ve got to be honest, I felt choked up reading that and I’m quite hard when it comes to emotions.

Your a very inspiring individual, merely by posting your past issues and experiences. It just gives a glimpse into how these poor kids, like you would have, been feeling at that precise moment.

I hugely admire your honesty and integrity.

Class act sir. Please keep well and god bless.

Sir Walter,
We all look up to you, and Gordon Woods & so many others who fight these memories every day.

We are not the heroes, you guys are, and anything we can do to help you, we will do.

We won’t give in.

I know you wont mate.

I cant do much but offer words of encouragement.

I have every faith in you and your team.

No surrender isnt just a phrase for the rangers, its about us as a community

I know you and your team will never surrender

That will do me

You’ve shown huge bravery to post your experiences on a public forum, that takes some serious guts and I’ve got to be honest, I felt choked up reading that and I’m quite hard when it comes to emotions.

Your a very inspiring individual, merely by posting your past issues and experiences. It just gives a glimpse into how these poor kids, like you would have, been feeling at that precise moment.

I hugely admire your honesty and integrity.

Class act sir. Please keep well and god bless.
Well said mate.

I know you wont mate.

I cant do much but offer words of encouragement.

I have every faith in you and your team.

No surrender isnt just a phrase for the Rangers, its about us as a community

I know you and your team will never surrender

That will do me

The team have been working since this morning on things, and this is just a normal day for them.

Incredible team.

But you and others like you motivate them & inspire them.

Thank you for your kind comments, but we all know who our respect goes to Sir Walter.

Back