Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The BBC has shelved plans to highlight Scottish cases in a primetime series exposing sexual abuse in football, leading to anger from survivors.

Last week a report commissioned by the Scottish FA found that paedophiles infiltrated the national sport with ease and preyed on vulnerable boys and teenagers for more than three decades.

The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football called on clubs, including Celtic, Rangers and Hibernian, to provide compensation and issue a “clear and unreserved” public apology to the dozens of victims who endured “incalculable” suffering.

Researchers working on a BBC 1 documentary series travelled to Scotland to speak to survivors of abuse at Celtic Boys Club after several senior figures at the feeder team were convicted for molesting young players.

The show claimed that the series, entitled Football’s Darkest Secret, would shine a light on historical abuse “all across the country”. However, only English testimony will feature in the three-part programme, which is directed by the Bafta-winning filmmaker Daniel Gordon and will be shown later this year.

“We were delighted when we heard the BBC were interested in telling our stories,” said one Scottish-based survivor, who asked not to be named. “We felt that at last, after everything we have gone through, our voices would finally be heard across the whole of the UK.

“When I heard that our contributions weren’t going to be used it felt like I had been punched in the stomach. We have been let down once again and it’s hard to take.”

A spokeswoman for the programme stressed that a BBC Scotland investigation, entitled Football Abuse: The Ugly Side of the Beautiful Game, first screened fours years ago, would be repeated next month.

A source close to the production said: “As part of the initial extensive research for the Football’s Darkest Secret project conversations were held with ex-Scottish players. None of them were interviewed on camera.”

A press release for the documentary states: “The series will examine abuse that has taken place in youth football all across the country, from Manchester to Newcastle, Crewe to Southampton.

“Three years in the making, Football’s Darkest Secret is the definitive account of this dark chapter in English football and the ensuing attempts to seek justice decades later. The series aims to shine a light on the damaging ripple effect caused by child sexual abuse and offers a unique insight into the way it impacts survivors and their families.”

The Scottish FA-commissioned report found that known paedophiles had worked together to groom boys and trafficked them over borders, within the UK and overseas, for abuse.

One of them (also involved with Celtic boys club) filmed himself raping his 5 month old god son and uploaded it on the computer. Was caught when the computer went for repair with the USB stick in it. The fact the USB stick was left in it in the office speaks to how comfortable they were doing it with the other people in the office imo.
Dirty fukin scum
Me, denut the cunts

This news is rather difficult to take in. It really emphasises the power that these people have. Let's hope that Adrian Goldberg can get the story out there. It's the least that the victims deserve. Another kick in the teeth for them but as BN94 pointed out a couple of days ago, if the BBC don't mention CFC that that is a story in its own right. Hopefully an explanation will be forthcoming. The Times has made a start.

This news is rather difficult to take in. It really emphasises the power that these people have. Let's hope that Adrian Goldberg can get the story out there. It's the least that the victims deserve. Another kick in the teeth for them but as BN94 pointed out a couple of days ago, if the BBC don't mention CFC that that is a story in its own right. Hopefully an explanation will be forthcoming. The Times has made a start.
This really must be horrendous for the victims. This is yet another opportunity to fully expose this scandal and those that are in a position of authority appear to be doing their upmost to keep the scandal suppressed.

I think it's quite clearly people at the BBC in Scotland have something to hide or they are hiding something for people they know . Only reason it could possibly be .
Remember that Gordon Woods interview with John Beattie was pulled, some slag called Claire ???, related to someone at the paedodome made sure it was not broadcast, if my memory serves me correctly

Gutted for those who opened up their lives for the cameras and the world,only to be kicked in the teeth again.
Hopefully,the scottish part of dan gordans series will be shown seperately,perhaps it has been ommitted due to up and coming criminal cases?.
But then again,there's the most likely explanation,that the paedohuts legal advisers,combined with their extensive contacts in the sports governing bodies and media circles,have played a part in it not being aired....who knows?.
Good thing,there are more broadcasters than the bbc available to source.

This whole episode has been a travesty, I refuse to believe that one football team can be as powerful that they can distort humanities true feelings regarding a situation that enabled children to be sexually abused unnecessarily. The truth has got to come to the fore eventually and no amount of corruption will be capable of stopping it.

The victims that occurred at our club requires an inquiry that’s fit for purpose. Unfortunately they will not see the animal convicted so it’s imperative that they get an inquiry that will find facts to allow them to take our club to court and hold them vicariously liable. Us as fans are not the important people here but we have a right to know the truth also, the inquiry, the media and SFA have perverted the truth for their own agenda more interested in finding similarities between us and them, obviously failing miserably to do so.

Their victims will hold that club for a greater charge, there was nothing vicarious about how they acted.

Shocking from the BBC, even by their standards.

Probably best skipping the BBC Scotland complaints procedure, no doubt you will get some sort of crappy reply.

Therefore, can someone from Spotlight or representing the survivors, politely contact the following asking why this has happened:-

tim.davie@bbc.co.uk

The title of the email should probably read along the lines of ‘Why is the BBC facilitating the cover up of Child Sex Abuse in Scotland’?

Be interesting to see what sort of reply you get.

Thankfully i have never been the subject of CSA but that decision has left me sick to the pit of my stomach and seething with anger.

I cannot begin to even comprehend how Gordon and the other souls who did experience the horrors of CSA must feel.

Someone, somewhere with a bit of clout must surely be able to ask and get an explanation.
The fact the BBC have replaced it with that Mark Daly prog from 4 years ago is simply sinister.

Dornan will ask but will probably be silenced in due course

Surely the makers of the documentary must be asking questions also. This is censorship from the highest end of broadcasting.

Utter, utter disgust.

A travesty that the BBC can’t fund or even have the decency to have some respect for the victims in Scotland to air a nationwide doc regarding this.

One can only assume the Scottish part has been pulled because it’s still a live situation essentially.

There’s court cases pending, there’s an east end club still hiding the realities of a ring that was facilitated by the powers that be there, and there’s still clubs (including rangers I might add) that have to find it within themselves to apologise and give respect to the victims themselves.

What I’ve found since this report, that lets be honest has recycled a rather large amount of newspaper articles for its content, is that we are seeing the real point scorers come out to play.

One can only hope that there’s someone brave enough out there who can and will bring everything to light. There’s victims who deserve some apologies and redress.

Let’s see who’s got balls big enough to do it.
We know there’s plenty of the Timmy twitterati who like to shout out loud about what’s went on, and still not addressing their own clubs issues properly.

Shocking from the BBC, even by their standards.

Probably best skipping the BBC Scotland complaints procedure, no doubt you will get some sort of crappy reply.

Therefore, can someone from Spotlight or representing the survivors, politely contact the following asking why this has happened:-

tim.davie@bbc.co.uk

The title of the email should probably read along the lines of ‘Why is the BBC facilitating the cover up of Child Sex Abuse in Scotland’?

Be interesting to see what sort of reply you get.
I have emailed Tim Davie asking why this has been omitted from the documentary and who was responsible for taking the decision. I have also asked him to do the honourable thing and ensure the voices of the most important people the survivors is heard. Won't hold my breath.

I have emailed Tim Davie asking why this has been omitted from the documentary and who was responsible for taking the decision. I have also asked him to do the honourable thing and ensure the voices of the most important people the survivors is heard. Won't hold my breath.
I have just emailed TIm Davie as well. I hope more do but keep it civil and to the point, it is the survivors you are representing.

Back