Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Grigo Yossarian

That's encouraging GY, because to me it did seem like only bears were taking this on.

I'm still astounded that there is a child abuse ring bang to rights and most fans of other clubs are fine to just ignore it.

Let's be honest, you simply cannot be a fan of a club in this country and not be aware of this.
Yes, we feed in with others mate, who aren’t bears. We’re all bears on here obviously.

3600superally1968

There was a small piece in the record today linking Bennel and a paedo at CFC. Cross border links. All this info has already been posted on here. Bennel has at least admitted his guilt which saves the victims further time being exposed on the stand in Court.
I believe this bastard got 30 years so has nothing to lose.
Meanwhile in Scotland, paedos continue to deny and deflect. I don't know where I'm going with this rant, apart from the sentences handed out.

BigSteve

There was a small piece in the record today linking Bennel and a paedo at CFC. Cross border links. All this info has already been posted on here. Bennel has at least admitted his guilt which saves the victims further time being exposed on the stand in Court.
I believe this bastard got 30 years so has nothing to lose.
Meanwhile in Scotland, paedos continue to deny and deflect. I don't know where I'm going with this rant, apart from the sentences handed out.
Link anyone?

daviemc1872

Do you remember at the start of lockdown when Liverpool and Spurs fans effectively stopped their clubs putting staff on forlough? thats what proper fans do, when they see something wrong, they speak out and prevent it and this matter is far less serious than child abuse.

the beasts from the east, are up in arms about every injustice going apart from the ones they have committed on their own. the way they have acted over the years with this has got to be one of the most tragic sides to human nature when a football club and stopping your rivals being successful is more important than helping children who have had their lives ruined.

I shouldnt be surprised but I am.

Kbhblue

I think it’s possible the Roman church may be involved in this. We know CSA has been rampant in that organization for decades. They have also enjoyed the protection of local warlords, kings, and politicians, for most of their history. It seems possible that is who is really being protected. Even today many people of all walks of life put their faith and service to their church ahead of worldly affairs.

As we know celtc have enjoyed a very warm relationship with the religion of their founder throughout their history, and It stands to reason that a church would protect its loyal followers. Especially if there was an indiscretion that they themselves could be linked with.
They are undoubtedly involved with this. They will be all over this, which is the only thing which can explain the lack of action and justice from places where you would expect it e.g. a justice minister.

The money the Catholic Church have spent on defending child abusers is in the billions.

In 2018 alone they spent $300 million in the US on CSA cases. They also spent over $10 million on lobbyists to attempt to prevent victims of clerical sex abuse from suing for damages.

The money they get in tax breaks is in the billions. Estimates for PPP aid in 2020 alone range from 1.4 billion to 3.5 billion dollars. Truly phenomemal and scary numbers.

The Catholic Church will be fully aware how it will look to the world that a club formed for the benefit of the Catholic community was set up and ran by paedophiles... and the fact that at least 2 youth teams set up by the same club were also formed and ran by paedophiles.

At the end of the day, if you were abused by a priest or football coach as a child..... then as an adult you were sexually attracted to children and you couldn't contain your urges.... Where would you go to satisfy your desires?

Sadly for many children in Scotland you could join the Catholic Church or Celtic football Club.

Grigo Yossarian

They are undoubtedly involved with this. They will be all over this, which is the only thing which can explain the lack of action and justice from places where you would expect it e.g. a justice minister.

The money the Catholic Church have spent on defending child abusers is in the billions.

In 2018 alone they spent $300 million in the US on CSA cases. They also spent over $10 million on lobbyists to attempt to prevent victims of clerical sex abuse from suing for damages.

The money they get in tax breaks is in the billions. Estimates for PPP aid in 2020 alone range from 1.4 billion to 3.5 billion dollars. Truly phenomemal and scary numbers.

The Catholic Church will be fully aware how it will look to the world that a club formed for the benefit of the Catholic community was set up and ran by paedophiles... and the fact that at least 2 youth teams set up by the same club were also formed and ran by paedophiles.

At the end of the day, if you were abused by a priest or football coach as a child..... then as an adult you were sexually attracted to children and you couldn't contain your urges.... Where would you go to satisfy your desires?

Sadly for many children in Scotland you could join the Catholic Church or Celtic football Club.
Opus Dei. Gangsterism with a robe on.

CF3 Bear

Do you remember at the start of lockdown when Liverpool and Spurs fans effectively stopped their clubs putting staff on forlough? thats what proper fans do, when they see something wrong, they speak out and prevent it and this matter is far less serious than child abuse.

the beasts from the east, are up in arms about every injustice going apart from the ones they have committed on their own. the way they have acted over the years with this has got to be one of the most tragic sides to human nature when a football club and stopping your rivals being successful is more important than helping children who have had their lives ruined.

I shouldnt be surprised but I am.
Watch the film spotlight and you'll see it's in the nature. The organisation must be protected at all costs.

Bluenose Whistler

Any bears who are languages savvy when the east end mhob are interested in player X could they send something to them to let them know the sordid history of his prospective employer and why signing for them would be embarrassing and when they play in the CL qualifiers or alternative European arena then contact the opponent's supporters social media and let them know of their opponents and give the travelling scum disbelievers a 'warm' welcome!

Hideyorii

According to Gerry McSherry; lifelong Celtic supporter, there were 14 (that's fourteen) Paedophiles working out of Celtic FC. I reckon about less than half that number have received the piddling jail sentences that "Scottish" judges deem adequate for this heinous crime against children.
Now I don't think that Police Scotland started with the worst and worked their way down the list, if this is so then there are bigger child sex predators to be prosecuted yet! If it hadn't been for the PSNI then McCartney could still be at it.Thankfully this degenerate will never be in the position to haunt any other children's lives again. If Gerry McSherry knows of 14 peadophiles at Celtic FC, then McCartney knows a damn sight more.
Police Scotland should be leaning on McCartney, he really has got nothing to lose and a talk with a RC priest who respects the rule of Law in this country and has any sanctity for his religion, coupled with a Rottweiler Detective with the will to unearth the depraved crimes against children endemic at Celtic Park should go a long way to help these victims and families.

tottie beck

Too the lost generations that only wanted to live the dream,and the decent people who fight their corner, may justice prevail. Shame on the parties who knew and did not act, may you rot in hell.
It struck me watching the Daly film how all the pedophilia preceded the demise of our national team. Who knows how many great players we lost to these animals? It could be that Scotland’s current place in the basement of European football is because of these beasts. A lost generation indeed

Lurgan Loyal

According to Gerry McSherry; lifelong Celtic supporter, there were 14 (that's fourteen) Paedophiles working out of Celtic FC. I reckon about less than half that number have received the piddling jail sentences that "Scottish" judges deem adequate for this heinous crime against children.
Now I don't think that Police Scotland started with the worst and worked their way down the list, if this is so then there are bigger child sex predators to be prosecuted yet! If it hadn't been for the PSNI then McCartney could still be at it.Thankfully this degenerate will never be in the position to haunt any other children's lives again. If Gerry McSherry knows of 14 peadophiles at Celtic FC, then McCartney knows a damn sight more.
Police Scotland should be leaning on McCartney, he really has got nothing to lose and a talk with a RC priest who respects the rule of Law in this country and has any sanctity for his religion, coupled with a Rottweiler Detective with the will to unearth the depraved crimes against children endemic at Celtic Park should go a long way to help these victims and families.
Take it you mean Jim McCafferty re the PSNI ?

GourockBlue50

Official Ticketer
I actually don't think there is a chance in hell they WON'T 'win' the league this year. Look at what the cabal just got away with. They are going to be fully emboldened to bend whatever rules need to be bent and to make up and manipulate the entire setup to ensure that the scum are in first place at whatever time they decide to call the league.
I agree with you. There will be no 25 point deductions when the programmes are aired about their secrets. They will get away with murder aided and abetted by their chums in the SFA / SPFL.

Last edited:

KYBear_74

It struck me watching the Daly film how all the pedophilia preceded the demise of our national team. Who knows how many great players we lost to these animals? It could be that Scotland’s current place in the basement of European football is because of these beasts. A lost generation indeed
Exactly! This thread is huge now but, not to steal any thunder, I posted similar months ago.

Imagine what the state of Scottish football would be today had those scum not been allowed to propagate their vile behaviors and influence on our game. How many players have they ruined? How many great players could have been world class had their youth coaches not be disgusting little 'men'?

Same in England I guess but here its infected the entire game from the children (most tragically and heinously) to the very top management (SPFL, SFA).

When you're enabling and hiding the most disgusting and evil thing that you can do in life, what's manipulated and corrupt handling of league management in comparison?! That's easy for this lot.

tottie beck

Exactly! This thread is huge now but, not to steal any thunder, I posted similar months ago.

Imagine what the state of Scottish football would be today had those scum not been allowed to propagate their vile behaviors and influence on our game. How many players have they ruined? How many great players could have been world class had their youth coaches not be disgusting little 'men'?

Same in England I guess but here its infected the entire game from the children (most tragically and heinously) to the very top management (SPFL, SFA).

When you're enabling and hiding the most disgusting and evil thing that you can do in life, what's manipulated and corrupt handling of league management in comparison?! That's easy for this lot.
Scotland won the under-18 Euros in the early 80s. An achievement regarded so highly the coach of that team was given the job as manager of the National team, despite the fact he had never managed a men’s team in his life. However, since then the Scottish game has fallen off a cliff. It looks like what happened not only wrecked human lives but also destroyed us a footballing nation. Everyone said the fact we no longer producing as many great footballers was because kids weren’t playing as much football as they did previously. It was blamed on computer games and other distractions. Now we are starting to see the real reason why youngsters shunned the game.

nemessis

I agree with you. There will be no 25 point deductions when the programmes are aired about their secrets. They will get away with murder added and abetted by their chums in the SFA / SPFL.
That's why these organisations are bursting at the seams with one kind, it's totally against their percentage of population and not just by chance, we need to address this strongly and positively.
They have an assymetrical power structure on the executive committee's at the SPFL and SFA it is religious discrimination at the very least and must be called out.

Last edited:

47blue

I strongly believe both Police Scotland and the judiciary both have questions to answer on their handling of the paedophile pandemic in Scotland. Desperately slow to act and far too lenient. Something stinks.