Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Brother Crockett

Pleasing but surprised at Labour being the ones putting this motion in place., my respect to them both.
I still can't get my head round the Consevatives not wanting this, or supporting it, that was a chance to smash the SNPs reputation to smithereens.
The political fight is for working class/lower middle class vote. Right now that is between the SNP and Labour. The Tories smashing the SNP would simply hand the country (Scotland) back to Labour. There would be very few votes in it for them, and the net effect in Westminster wouldn't be great for a close election.

The SNP aren't great for Scotland, but the halcyon days of Labour laid he foundations for the RC control of he country.

okbear

Pleasing but surprised at Labour being the ones putting this motion in place., my respect to them both.
I still can't get my head round the Consevatives not wanting this, or supporting it, that was a chance to smash the SNPs reputation to smithereens.
UnionJock2, I think in the political world and when all the CSA was at it's peak, all Conservative politicians were public schoolboy types and potentially victims of some kind of abuse themselves whilst attending these schools. I'm not for a minute suggesting it was sexual abuse, but canings etc would have been common disciplinary practice.

In turn, some who've been abused, go onto abuse in their attempt to heal. It could be that, as well as this being rife within the Catholic Church, it was also rife within the political circles.

The likelihood of Monica Lennon knowing someone who has been abused in the Catholic Church environment, in my opinion, must be quite high, hence why she is speaking out about it.

Like most, I don't care which political party outs the abusers and ensures appropriate punishments are given, but we cannot have a political party involved in a cover up like SNP are just now, so good luck to any politician who wants to push this into the public domain and where it deserves to be.

unionjock2

The political fight is for working class/lower middle class vote. Right now that is between the SNP and Labour. The Tories smashing the SNP would simply hand the country (Scotland) back to Labour. There would be very few votes in it for them, and the net effect in Westminster wouldn't be great for a close election.

The SNP aren't great for Scotland, but the halcyon days of Labour laid he foundations for the RC control of he country.
I agree with what you're saying but with Independence looming over Scotland, they had an opportunity to do some damage regardless of how many votes they got.,but that's another topic altogether bud.

unionjock2

UnionJock2, I think in the political world and when all the CSA was at it's peak, all Conservative politicians were public schoolboy types and potentially victims of some kind of abuse themselves whilst attending these schools. I'm not for a minute suggesting it was sexual abuse, but canings etc would have been common disciplinary practice.
In turn, some who've been abused, go onto abuse in their attempt to heal. It could be that, as well as this being rife within the Catholic Church, it was also rife within the political circles.

The likelihood of Monica Lennon knowing someone who has been abused in the Catholic Church environment, in my opinion, must be quite high, hence why she is speaking out about it.

Like most, I don't care which political party outs the abusers and ensures appropriate punishments are given, but we cannot have a political party involved in a cover up like SNP are just now, so good luck to any politician who wants to push this into the public domain and where it deserves to be.
Well said sir, im not pushing a party, im just surprised that the Conservatives didn't go for it considering the SNPs target group.

sdp02

Interesting to see PJW mention humza on his YouTube channel. I know not about the cause however this guy has 2m following and can recognise him as a disgrace.
An interesting avenue to contact.

Billiericky

Humza Yousaf is MSP for Pollock. He is Justice Minister in the Scottish Parliament.

He refuses to involve himself, or his government, in a public inquiry into child abuse in Scottish football.

Like all MPs and MSPs his biggest fear is losing the support of those within his constituency party.

We need SNP sympathisers, supporters and activists to raise this matter at branch level, constituency level and National level.

He can ignore his enemies, he cannot dismiss his support with the same contempt.

He needs to be held to account.

Last edited:

sdp02

Humza Yousaf is MSP for Pollock. He is Justice Minister in the Scottish Parliament.

He refuses to involve himself, or his government, in a public enquiry into child abuse in Scottish football.

Like all MPs and MSPs his biggest fear is losing the support of those within his constituency party.

We need SNP sympathisers, supporters and activists to raise this matter at branch level, constituency level and National level.

He can ignore his enemies, he cannot dismiss his support with the same contempt.

He needs to be held to account.
He’s beyond useless, however useless makes him sound unaccountable for his actions. Hes went out his way to purposely ignore victims of CA at CFC and then managed to convince himself it racist abuse and removed himself from social media. Listen humza racism is not acceptable however CA is even worse. U woudnt wear a confederate flag? But a Celtic badge is acceptable?

BN94

Going by the correspondence that we’ve had with Humza then this individual has proved he’s not fit for purpose and should leave now.
For a long time now he has hidden behind any excuse that he can find. He has made no secret of his support for BLM. It’s just a shame that CSA victims that were connected to his beloved club mean nothing to him.

change consent