Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

If it was a seperate entity then under what or whose authority was Stein acting by when he threw P#1 out of a club P#1 supposedly formed and managed?

How can you fire someone from a company you seemingly have no jusisdiction over?

Kicked out on whose authority?
Brought back on whose authority?
Was Stein actually still in place when the beast came back?

And the biggest mystery of all: Why, after four decades, do those and other key questions remained unanswered?

As a new member on here ( albeit I have supported Rangers since my first game in 1956 ) I see that jf1690 says that the only thing that would take this investigation forward is a protest at the Scottish Parliament.
I have written and emailed scores of Parliament Members,( as have numerous folk on here ) to no avail.
If a protest at the Scottish Parliament is what it would take, THEN let us arrange one. If you feel that is a step too far( excuse the pun ) maybe one at Ibrox would be a start.
One who has lived with the trauma for over 60yrs

@BN94 On one of your last reports, it states the investigating officer was John Boyd. He was part of ACPO. After Savile, and later the introduction of the Bichard report. It noted failings behind ACPO / database of information.

Have you been able to access reports from Detective Inspector Boyd into the investigation? Or is it locked and not to be seen by FOI requests?

He was made an Honorary Vice President of Celtic Boys Club along with Stein in 1978 - Spotlight have shown this.

Yes.

I'm just saying that Daley reported that he returned to the club in 78. As in physically returned.

Which is quite different from being awarded an Honorary position.

As a new member on here ( albeit I have supported Rangers since my first game in 1956 ) I see that jf1690 says that the only thing that would take this investigation forward is a protest at the Scottish Parliament.
I have written and emailed scores of Parliament Members,( as have numerous folk on here ) to no avail.
If a protest at the Scottish Parliament is what it would take, THEN let us arrange one. If you feel that is a step too far( excuse the pun ) maybe one at Ibrox would be a start.
It's jf1960 mate but easy mistake to make lol
The numbers of letters,emails sent to MSP's must run into thousands I kid you not

It is now known they re-employed a convicted abuser & the SFA & SPFL have appeared to have still taken no action against the club with regards to this matter.
The only comment I have actually seen from Scottish football's governing bodies was one which praised them for the child protection policies they now have in place.
I wrote to them both specifically asking about this matter (re-employing an abuser) and like all my other enquiries have had no reply.
But, the issue here is why these 2 organisations seem to be trying to protect 1 particular club as their inaction can only be seen as an attempt to protect them.
Surely there must be people wothin both organisations with some sort of moral compass that can no longer sit back & do nothing with the evidence that is now in the public domain & make a stand against what can only be describes as a cover up between the club & the governing bodies running Scottish football???

I admire your enthusiasm but I don't think a protest at Ibrox or one seen to be by a collective of Rangers fans would do proper justice to this cause, besides the fact we all know how that would be skewed negatively in certain media.

Earlier in the tread someone mentioned having looked in on Kerrydale street and noting that the more rational on there where asking “where’s the money gone”?
Given the number of victims of Child abuse who are seeking redress from that Club, I wonder if the Sols acting on the victims behalf could protect their Clients’ interest by seeking an injunction to freeze the Club’s assets, preventing the movement of available monies to “safe havens”?

It's jf1960 mate but easy mistake to make lol
The numbers of letters,emails sent to MSP's must run into thousands I kid you not
very sorry for my mistake. I honestly have written to Chief Inspectors. leaders of all parties, justice secretaries. C of E Ministers, C of Scotland and to be honest I am at a loss what to do next.On a more positive note if I can help in any way please ask

Ive said it before P#2 knows he is destined to die behind bars and is trying every trick in the book to remain free for as long as possible.
The beasts may die before receiving justice but the club that harboured them and continued to cover it up over decades will still be there.
They will try every trick in the book before they admit full liability. They should be punished along with their employees over the years who decided to say nothing.
I would even go as far as removing the statues of those who knew.

The beasts may die before receiving justice but the club that harboured them and continued to cover it up over decades will still be there.
They will try every trick in the book before they admit full liability. They should be punished along with their employees over the years who decided to say nothing.
I would even go as far as removing the statues of those who knew.

After what they have done...the whole club needs removed mate

Om whether McNeil knew or not here are 3 things that have been written about or happened in the media regrading Charlie Nicholas

1 He stated in a Sky memorial piece re McNeil that he went to visit his mother before signing for the scum as a boys player that he would be "protected" if he signed CN's words
2 Recently CN stated that Desmond phoned whist he was at Sky about comments he made regarding the scum and to behave
3 Not that long afterwards pulled as a Sky employee

Not saying there are related but do suggest McNeil knew what was going on as did his mother 2 and 3 suggest CQT have a long reach

Om whether McNeil knew or not here are 3 things that have been written about or happened in the media regrading Charlie Nicholas

1 He stated in a Sky memorial piece re McNeil that he went to visit his mother before signing for the scum as a boys player that he would be "protected" if he signed CN's words
2 Recently CN stated that Desmond phoned whist he was at Sky about comments he made regarding the scum and to behave
3 Not that long afterwards pulled as a Sky employee

Not saying there are related but do suggest McNeil knew what was going on as did his mother 2 and 3 suggest CQT have a long reach

Charlie Nicolas had a brother who played for CBC.

Is this what McNeil could have been referring to?

Charlie Nicolas had a brother who played for CBC.

Is this what McNeil could have been referring to?
He was saying tat only McNeil's guarantee of protection and not be exposed to certain people persuaded Mrs N to allow him to sign as a youth for CC. The other points are assumptions on my part about what DD would chide Charlie about except a reference to the boys club same as he did with Daly. Then he and others lost their roles under a Celtic supporting sports editor

Why is this Toytown Parliament deflecting and backing 16% of Scotland's Population by removing Sporting &Religious investigation in the report...nothing to favour the Catholic vote more I think of high profile Catholics involved which they are covering up.But Why & Who?....so much for a Scotland open to all!

It is now known they re-employed a convicted abuser & the SFA & SPFL have appeared to have still taken no action against the club with regards to this matter.
The only comment I have actually seen from Scottish football's governing bodies was one which praised them for the child protection policies they now have in place.
I wrote to them both specifically asking about this matter (re-employing an abuser) and like all my other enquiries have had no reply.
But, the issue here is why these 2 organisations seem to be trying to protect 1 particular club as their inaction can only be seen as an attempt to protect them.
Surely there must be people wothin both organisations with some sort of moral compass that can no longer sit back & do nothing with the evidence that is now in the public domain & make a stand against what can only be describes as a cover up between the club & the governing bodies running Scottish football???

Remember the SFA President’s club got rid of a paedo & said nothing.

So Hibs have a bit of blood on their hands with respect to Neely TGF.

Why is this Toytown Parliament deflecting and backing 16% of Scotland's Population by removing Sporting &Religious investigation in the report...nothing to favour the Catholic vote more I think of high profile Catholics involved which they are covering up.But Why & Who?....so much for a Scotland open to all!

I can't think of another word at 2.40am than conspiracy.

If you are going to look into child abuse, then places like sport clubs (which have children) and religious organisations (which also have children in BBs etc) should be high on the list.

I checked the Times and the Herald in the Mitchell over a decade ago because this kept cropping up.

Reading through the reports of the Torbett trial the most striking thing was the level of support he got from Celtic directors, especially Michael Kelly.

They backed Torbett to the hilt.

I am convinced I read the quote from McNeill. I’m sure it was in the Sun. McNeill had a relationship with them for years and I‘m sure they went to him for quotes when the scandal broke (96) or Torbett’s trial.

I am convinced I read the quote from McNeill. I’m sure it was in the Sun. McNeill had a relationship with them for years and I‘m sure they went to him for quotes when the scandal broke (96) or Torbett’s trial.
I've said this before .I've read McNeils quote.
And it will turn up sometime. I'm sure of that.
And he'll mend the rancid bstards when it does

We’ve searched in all the right places, even the Mitchell library. Some of our press contacts have stated to us that they believe it was never said.
This doesn’t mean that we believe it was never said, and if it was then it’s been hidden well. It won’t surprise us in the slightest if it’s been covered up.

What ?
I played with Stephen up till he joined sellik, i was always of the impression he only got signed due to his brother.
Fuuuukkk me this is a shock didn't know he was dead
Paul Borland, Charlie McGuinness, Gary Campbell, Paul McGrillen and Stephen Nicholas were all ex Celtic Boys Club players and tragically took their own lives.
I’m not for one minute saying they were all victims but that’s only the players I can think of right now and it’s a lot for one club - There is quite possibly more.
Former players of McCafferty at youth level in West Lothian have also taken their own life including the player that called Celtic around the time of the Lawrence Haggart murder to tell them about McCaffertys abuse.
Obviously McCafferty was suspect in that botched investigation.
It would spread there wasn’t good communication regarding McCaffertys abuse as he returned to work at Hibs and Falkirk.

I knew Pai
Paul Borland, Charlie McGuinness, Gary Campbell, Paul McGrillen and Stephen Nicholas were all ex Celtic Boys Club players and tragically took their own lives.
I’m not for one minute saying they were all victims but that’s only the players I can think of right now and it’s a lot for one club - There is quite possibly more.
Former players of McCafferty at youth level in West Lothian have also taken their own life including the player that called Celtic around the time of the Lawrence Haggart murder to tell them about McCaffertys abuse.
Obviously McCafferty was suspect in that botched investigation.
It would spread there wasn’t good communication regarding McCaffertys abuse as he returned to work at Hibs and Falkirk.

I knew Paul McGrillen vaguely since we both came from Govanhill.

He was younger than myself and we travelled in different circles but we were on nodding terms.

A very quiet boy....just liked his football and was not into the usual teenage stuff drink/drugs/gangs etc

Last edited:
I knew Pai

I knew Paul McGrillen vaguely since we both came from Govanhill.

He was younger than myself and we travelled in different circles but we were on nodding terms
It’s tragic how many took their own lives and as I say I’m not saying they were victims BUT they were all coached by paedophiles with some being coached/scouted by as many as 4 paedophiles during their time in the youth system.
My guess would be that there are more as there are plenty players that we will never hear about.

A properly run investigation would uncover the scale of suicides

I should have been clear in my post about the suicides.
Stephen Nicholas’s death has not been confirmed as suicide with the cause being alcohol related.
Brian McLaughlin was another ex Celtic Boys Club player who tragically took his own life.

There will certainly be many many tortured minds due the scale of abuse.

I should have been clear in my post about the suicides.
Stephen Nicholas’s death has not been confirmed as suicide with the cause being alcohol related.
Brian McLaughlin was another ex Celtic Boys Club player who tragically took his own life.

There will certainly be many many tortured minds due the scale of abuse.

I was gonna comment on that mate

The report i heard was he was found dead in his house in Govan.

There was no mention of suicide or suspicious circumstances.

I was gonna comment on that mate

The report i heard was he was found dead in his house in Govan.

There was no mention of suicide or suspicious circumstances.
As I said mate there is no evidence to suggest these early deaths are as a result of abuse however they were coached by many peadophiles who were abusing many players at that time.

Jim McCaffertys victim John Gaffney (from his time at Fauldhouse) drank himself to death but this was as a result of the abuse he suffered.

I would doubt any club in the world has such a high rate of early deaths due to suicide and addiction.
I would suspect some are as a result of abuse

Back