Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Saw that mate and it is good to know that. Doesn't change the fact that national broadcasters are presenting the fallacy as a fact. It's disgraceful reporting. They ain't saying 'Celtic claim....', it's being put out there as fact!

Understand your point, but they’ve been in their pocket for years.

An objective judge will have a different view in our opinion.

Wonder if we'll see a more "in depth" follow up documentaries from daly,thomson and goldberg once this is over....tell the real story behind the abuse.
There should be many a journalist and politician hanging their heads in shame at ignoring the victims pleas for justice.

P.s...anyone got a reaction from dornan on this news ,it's close to home!

Last edited:
The point is why are Sky reporting this as a fact when it is central to the law suit? Who is feeding them that line? It is hugely prejudicial to the case that this is bring broadcast on national TV and radio. :mad:
Totally agree with this, yet victimised fc will claim the trial was prejudiced against them once it starts getting played out in the media

Understand your point, but they’ve been in their pocket for years.

An objective judge will have a different view in our opinion.
Thanks for your efforts mate and best of British with legal hearings.

Think I might take this up with Ofcom. They are reporting about a law suit involving CSA and are pushing views prejudicial to the case. It's massively irresponsible if not prejudicial. They are professional journalists and must surely be aware of that.

Hopefully justice will prevail above all else. Make no mistake this fight will be nasty, it will be ugly, there will be underhand and almost inhumane tactics used by the defence.

But hopefully, God willing, justice will prevail...

Huge respect to all the men and woman who have given their time to see this abhorrent investigation through to where it is today. Make no mistake the things they will have heard will live with them forever, but let's hope their hard work will pay off and they will deliver the justice the victims and survivors truly deserve.

Thanks for your efforts mate and best of British with legal hearings.

Think I might take this up with Ofcom. They are reporting about a law suit involving CSA and are pushing views prejudicial to the case. It's massively irresponsible if not prejudicial. They are professional journalists and must surely be aware of that.

Brilliant point BaBH.

Please let us know if you get a response ?

The world needs to know what’s happening at that club & within their cult.

We have some good bullets left to fire too.

From Donalda McKinnon to Steve Carson, those that have run BBC Scotland who have swept news just like Celtic FC, have no morals. To sweep news like this shows you their professionalism, or lack off. A disgusting organisation with history of this behaviour.
Not just swept it away, maybe even surpressed it

Whatever happened to Daly's documentary?

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

On 5/10/21 Sky News broadcast a report about a pending class action law suit in which multiple victims of child sex abuse will seek redress from Celtic Football Club.

Several senior associates of Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic FC claims to be a "separate entity' have already been convicted of offences relating to the child abuse that took place. The football clubs' 'separate entity' claim is highly contentious and the victims' pursuit of redress is likely to hinge on the courts' view of the evidence to substantiate or disprove their claim.

I was therefore shocked that Sky News concluded their TV report of the pending legal action with a statement to the effect that there is 'no affiliation" betwen Celtic FC and the Celtic Boys' Club. This prejudicial message is highly irresponsible and must have dismayed the child sex abuse victims who now seek legal redress.

It is a message Sky subsequently reinforced via their twitter feed with an article that commenced ;

"A number of senior figures at Celtic Boys Club, which was not officially connected to Celtic FC, have been jailed for sexual abuse".

Given the gravity of the pending law suit, I expect a national broadcaster to demonstrate awareness of the potential impact of their words and perspectives.

I am requesting that OFCOM investigate this matter. In my opinion, Sky should broadcast and publish a fullsome apology to the abused victoms of this scandal. They should also be forced to retract their statements relating to the denial of a relationship between Celtic and Celtic Boys Club as this will be tested in the courts as a crucial element of the pending law suit.

Broadcasters have a duty of care to victims of such grave offences to endure their reporting is accurate, balanced and sympathetic to the suffering the victims have already endured. It should not be prejudicial to legal proceedings.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

On 5/10/21 Sky News broadcast a report about a pending class action law suit in which multiple victims of child sex abuse will seek redress from Celtic Football Club.

Several senior associates of Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic FC claims to be a "separate entity' have already been convicted of offences relating to the child abuse that took place. The football clubs' 'separate entity' claim is highly contentious and the victims' pursuit of redress is likely to hinge on the courts' view of the evidence to substantiate or disprove their claim.

I was therefore shocked that Sky News concluded their TV report of the pending legal action with a statement to the effect that there is 'no affiliation" betwen Celtic FC and the Celtic Boys' Club. This prejudicial message is highly irresponsible and must have dismayed the child sex abuse victims who now seek legal redress.

It is a message Sky subsequently reinforced via their twitter feed with an article that commenced ;

"A number of senior figures at Celtic Boys Club, which was not officially connected to Celtic FC, have been jailed for sexual abuse".

Given the gravity of the pending law suit, I expect a national broadcaster to demonstrate awareness of the potential impact of their words and perspectives.

I am requesting that OFCOM investigate this matter. In my opinion, Sky should broadcast and publish a fullsome apology to the abused victoms of this scandal. They should also be forced to retract their statements relating to the denial of a relationship between Celtic and Celtic Boys Club as this will be tested in the courts as a crucial element of the pending law suit.

Broadcasters have a duty of care to victims of such grave offences to endure their reporting is accurate, balanced and sympathetic to the suffering the victims have already endured. It should not be prejudicial to legal proceedings.
Nice work there. You obviously know your stuff. Good luck with it.

The fact that Sky are going down the separate entity road shows you there is still some frantic goings on in the positions of power at CFC with regards to this.

They are not for raising their hands and proclaiming "the game's up". Not yet anyway.

I'm not going to insinuate mr Dominic McKay seen this coming but it would be sage to assume he is feeling pretty content with his decision to leave that cesspit.

Great to see the case take a massive step forward today thanks to all the time and effort put in by BN94 , Grigo , the Spotlight team and others . I look forward to seeing those guilty of these heinous crimes and the many others involved in the cover up finally brought to account . Keep up the good work all .

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

Want to give this more that a like, well worded and to the point that these supposed journos are treading a fine line in the hope to get the scum off it on technicalities, cap doffed @Born a Barras Hick

Wonder if we'll see a more "in depth" follow up documentaries from daly,thomson and goldberg once this is over....tell the real story behind the abuse.
There should be many a journalist and politician hanging their heads in shame at ignoring the victims pleas for justice.

P.s...anyone got a reaction from dornan on this news ,it's close to home!
To busy telling his son not to testify.

You can almost understand their deluded, denial ridden stance with football related matters, the worst of sore losers exist in any walk of life.

I have never been able to grasp that there are 60k pond-life that fill a stadium every week, KNOWINGLY supporting a club and the people who want to forcefully, cover up a VIP paedophile ring purely to continue to see a daft football team compete for titles.

No title or club is worth putting before the wellbeing of children who are now scarred adults, it's absolutely harrowing.

The point is why are Sky reporting this as a fact when it is central to the law suit? Who is feeding them that line? It is hugely prejudicial to the case that this is being broadcast on national TV and radio. :mad:
It’s a report by the PA, meaning that it will be used by outlets other than Sky.

The wording is certainly strange for this type of article and I’d have expected something like “lawyers for Celtic claim” to have been added.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

Outstanding, mate.

It’s a report by the PA, meaning that it will be used by outlets other than Sky.

The wording is certainly strange for this type of article and I’d have expected something like “lawyers for Celtic claim” to have been added.
Missed that mate. Still they have an editorial responsibility to check the basic facts that they broadcast to the nation. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll expect that to be used to imply that Sky were not responsible. I won't let them off that easily.

More than 200,000 children sexually abused by French Catholic clergy, damning report finds​

A World Wide disgrace that would even disgust the Devil in Hell :mad: .

Missed that mate. Still they have an editorial responsibility to check the basic facts that they broadcast to the nation. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll expect that to be used to imply that Sky were not responsible. I won't let them off that easily.

They all are forgetting the passage in the SFA whitewash, sorry, report regarding shared heritage.

Shared heritage'​

Celtic Boys Club also featured in often distressing personal accounts of sexual abuse.
Celtic FC has previously said that while it shares "historic contacts" with the boys club, the two are separate organisations.
But the review concludes: "If the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable then when sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other.
"A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies."

I am sure this, and the barrowload of other discovered, connected evidence, will be highlighted when the time is right.

They all are forgetting the passage in the SFA whitewash, sorry, report regarding shared heritage.

Shared heritage'​

Celtic Boys Club also featured in often distressing personal accounts of sexual abuse.
Celtic FC has previously said that while it shares "historic contacts" with the boys club, the two are separate organisations.
But the review concludes: "If the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable then when sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other.
"A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies."

I am sure this, and the barrowload of other discovered, connected evidence, will be highlighted when the time is right.
Ah. Fantastic mate. I'll make use of that down the line. Many thanks.

I assume the court will demand to see Peter's elusive and mysterious "independent investigation".
It has now taken 4+ years, which is longer than the SFA inquiry into the whole of Scottish football took.

James Dornan very publicly asked Peter for clarity on his investigation, i.e. how and by whom. That was over two years ago. Perhaps someone on twitter could ask Dornan for an update on that.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

Cracking letter BABH.

On another thread recently I regrettably had a bit of a let’s say disagreement with a nationalist openly.
I don’t usually lower myself to their level but sometimes like you say they make your blood boil.
To put nationalist votes before humanity is criminal. They have let down each and every victim and family member and I hope that’s what they are remembered for along with their other failures.
I love my country. I fought for it, but I hate what it has become. It breaks my heart if the truth be told.
I’ve held and aimed a rifle. I never thought I’d want to do that in my own country. We need to rid Scotland of this poison.
Outstanding post mate. You are correct, with every word.

It seems a bit strange that Chris McLaughlin from the BBC should attempt to report upon this matter in a rather understated manner, which attempts to direct us towards the corporate and administrative distances between Celtic FC and Celtic's Boys Club.

It is probably not so so strange when we consider the following:

Is that THEE McLaughlin ? The Lesbian Maker ?

Is that THEE McLaughlin ? The Lesbian Maker ?

As BN94 says, we do not know if it is the same McLaughlin.

In a wholly private capacity, however, I am a suspicious that a Chris McLaughlin should complain to IPSO regarding the Sun newspaper's publication of an article that referred to a CBC abuser as "Celtic coach".

It could be a remarkable coincidence that a guy called Chris McLaughlin, who happens to be a reporter, who rather randomly supports Celtic and who works for the BBC, today attempts to create a bit of a distance between Celtic FC and Celtic FC's Youth Team.

I am happy to apologise to every non biased, honest Scottish reporter named Chris McLaughlin

I am smelling shite, Grigo.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

Might be worth asking Sky the same questions sir, have they Sky, decided there was no affiliation, or were they told that. In which case could they balance up their claims by saying, the victims of the abuse refute that claim, and CBC was indeed affiliated to Celtic FC.

Crimes have been committed against children over many years and many knew what was going on and did and said nothing and went as far as to cover incidents up and further enable these abusers to continue. Some at the club even took directorships in P#1s trophy company and then rewarded themselves by giving a contract to P#1s business to supply CFC with his tacky plastic trinkets and reaped the rewards while knowing full well what was going on at CBC.

These men must be pulled in and interviewed by the police under caution.
I understand where you are coming from but they can just no comment the police. As is their right.

You can almost understand their deluded, denial ridden stance with football related matters, the worst of sore losers exist in any walk of life.

I have never been able to grasp that there are 60k pond-life that fill a stadium every week, KNOWINGLY supporting a club and the people who want to forcefully, cover up a VIP paedophile ring purely to continue to see a daft football team compete for titles.

No title or club is worth putting before the wellbeing of children who are now scarred adults, it's absolutely harrowing.
They dont get anywhere near 60k every game..

As BN94 says, we do not know if it is the same McLaughlin.

In a wholly private capacity, however, I am a suspicious that a Chris McLaughlin should complain to IPSO regarding the Sun newspaper's publication of an article that referred to a CBC abuser as "Celtic coach".

It could be a remarkable coincidence that a guy called Chris McLaughlin, who happens to be a reporter, who rather randomly supports Celtic and who works for the BBC, today attempts to create a bit of a distance between Celtic FC and Celtic FC's Youth Team.

I am happy to apologise to every non biased, honest Scottish reporter named Chris McLaughlin

I am smelling shite, Grigo.
It’s 100% the lesbian turner! This guy is as dangerous as they come - an utter scum bag. He is vile!

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

This is how you call it out.

This is how you contribute in putting a stop to the false narrative being peddled across the city.

There are clearly many of these people working away in the background doing their utmost to suppress the truth, it seems Sky are infested with them.

Inspiring work indeed, done swiftly and eloquently worded. All credit to the poster. I'd hope this will serve as an example of what you can do and encourage others to get involved.

%^*& all will happen.
Thanks for that input. Let’s all just Fck off then and shut the thread. I’ll contact the victims today and tell them they’re wasting their time and we’ll let Celtic walk away unscathed.
Listen, mate.. Victims and families view this thread.
Please can I remind yourself and others to have a wee think about this before posting negativity. It’s the last thing they need right now during this battle. I’ll tell you something else. You’ve seen nothing yet. Please don’t derail the thread. Thanks mate.

That’s a pretty staggering stance that sky are taking to try and distance the very obvious and proven link between CFC and CBC as well as the plethora of evidence that supports the idea that they were in fact one and the same thing.

Any major media outlet that decides to take this stance at this stage really wants to be closed down once it’s proven that this was indeed the case that they were in fact linked in every way possible. Sky taking the stance in support of the club that’s enabled and facilitated paedophiles and the systemic abuse of children for 5 decades is nothing short of a National scandal and that outlet should feel the wrath of the public once these class action suits are over with.

It was an open secret for many years, and now with the multitude of documents evidencing the fact that these crimes were happening and not just some horrible rumour, so for any media outlet to side with the football club rather than the victims really should see the end of that organisation as a viable media option, as well as a credible service that’s available to the paying public.

The victims are the ones who should be getting the full support of everyone, not just of those who are willing to risk everything to help them fight for the justice they deserve.

Back