Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Such a sad subject, but this is a brilliant graphic.

Don't know how often I've tried to raise awareness about what happened with people and their eyes glaze over. This lets people see instantly how long long, and how widespread the abuse was.

Rick Roberts gave us the idea, so respect to him, and our team member who turned Rick’s idea into the reality.

The bastards have no shame. That’s something I’ve witnessed a lot during this process.
We will fight till our last breath to let the world know what went on at that rancid organisation. No matter how long it takes.
Ignoring the shameless plug, it's quite a delicate situation with the Nevin's, is it not?

His Dad is guilty of facilitating the abuse by knowing about it and saying nothing, but on the other hand you've got someone as just a child at the time but who knew of it taking place and I'm guessing that support is crucial for the victims? There must be a ridiculous number of ex-CBC players that weren't abused but knew of it and can offer statements.

I guess that's a roundabout way of asking if you're getting the support of ex-players who weren't abused but knew of it? There must be so many and if that process is still new then it probably wouldn't be so wise to go after Nevin? That's all just a genuine question and not meant as advice at all.

Ignoring the shameless plug, it's quite a delicate situation with the Nevin's, is it not?

His Dad is guilty of facilitating the abuse by knowing about it and saying nothing, but on the other hand you've got someone as just a child at the time but who knew of it taking place and I'm guessing that support is crucial for the victims? There must be a ridiculous number of ex-CBC players that weren't abused but knew of it and can offer statements.

I guess that's a roundabout way of asking if you're getting the support of ex-players who weren't abused but knew of it? There must be so many and if that process is still new then it probably wouldn't be so wise to go after Nevin? That's all just a genuine question and not meant as advice at all.
I fully understand your post. I can’t divulge too much detail, but yes we are receiving support from ex-players.
We’ve also helped some come forward and will protect their identity no matter what.
We also know of some that knew and continue to this day to say nothing. This goes for ex-players all the way up to the highest level. We hold the evidence and it’s been handed to the correct people. Unfortunately we cannot release this at the moment due to upcoming cases.

I fully understand your post. I can’t divulge too much detail, but yes we are receiving support from ex-players.
We’ve also helped some come forward and will protect their identity no matter what.
We also know of some that knew and continue to this day to say nothing. This goes for ex-players all the way up to the highest level. We hold the evidence and it’s been handed to the correct people. Unfortunately we cannot release this at the moment due to upcoming cases.
Thanks for the response. In that case then I can fully get behind people giving Nevin it tight for his actions here. If his evidence is a 'nice to have' then %^*& him if he's still being this coy and self publicising. Sounds like he is at last chance saloon to either do right or remain on the wrong side of this when the dam bursts. He might want to think about that in his smug and righteous replies.

I'm struggling to understand what Pat Nevins justification was, or his dad's.

Imagine you/we/anyone saying "yes, we knew he was abusing children, while I played for *** Boys Team in 'my town', but because my dad was there he didn't touch me!

Did we phone the police, or report him? No, because he didn't touch me because my dad was there."

Or, now, imagine yourself as a parent and you know 100% that the coach of your kids team is a paedophile. You wouldn't stay silent.
Did nothing because like the rest he was scared of getting kicked out of celtic if he reported the abuse.

I have followed this site for a long time as I love the the content as it keeps me up to date without having to read the daily record etc.

Can I say I have been dropping in and keeping up with the progress of this as it is abhorrent that this has happened to any person never mind young children regardless of religious background.

The work done by spotlight is fantastic and the support they are also providing to families where I am sure many had lost hope of justice is amazing.

I am sure we all want to help as much as possible so I thought about a few ideas about physical action we could take.

Demonstrations and marches with placards saying justice for the abused kids as we are not singling anyone out but gets the word out on the streets.

Speaking to other clubs not involved and have every football crowd running banners about this also so it is seen on TV and if someone is connected to clubs in england get them to do it for so it starts spreading the word down south.

Petition for the UK government to do a external review into these matters as the evidence show they appear to extend into england and abroad.

I know its a lot of work, but it all goes to adding the pressure to have this dealt with properly. Just some ideas so everyone can help nationwide that is all I mean no offence to what has already been achieved.
End the silence,support the victims
Put that on the banners.

Not in my opinion

Pat Nevin has made a lucrative career riding on the coat tails of Celtic

He was protected during the early days of his career and he knew it. He father knew it. They have done nothing but condone it by not reporting it.

Their silence allowed the paedophiles at that club wreck the lives of others.

Scum, just scum.

Interview for the The Celtic Star Magazine by a Scotty Alcroft (March 2018).
A player by the name of Dougie McGuire who played about four games for them (I don't remember him). Anyway, straight from the horse's mouth.

gn20.png

Separate entity they claim, not according to Dougie McGuire.

Imagine being a journalist, politician, any influential person in Scotland who could report in it and help bring justice to those who deserve it.

On the spectrum of child abuse, the majority are on the side of being utterly horrified by it, then you have those subhumans who commit such horrible crimes. But one thing the Celtic boys club scandal is there’s a worryingly large amount of the population who may not commit it, but condone it.

Official club newspaper the Celtic View was the idea of future Celtic director and chairman Jack McGinn. Back in 1964 McGinn was working in the circulation department of Beaverbrook Newspapers and as a Celtic fan he was somewhat frustrated by the lack of coverage given to his club in the press.

Consequently, he developed the idea of the club having its own weekly paper which would be able to cover all Celtic related issues from match reports to supporters club’s functions.

The hope behind the plan was that the newspaper would not only allow Celtic to present their point of view but also to allow them to foster a much closer relationship with a support which had become rather disenchanted with the Parkhead board and then chairman Robert Kelly.

For a while it was a plan that worked a treat. McGinn took his idea to the club and the suggestion was endorsed by the board at their meeting in March 1965. Significantly this was the first meeting of the board attended by new manager Jock Stein.

Stein’s appointment had created a great sense of excitement and optimism among the followers of the Hoops and with Jock’s savvy approach to media matters McGinn could not have chosen a better time to launch the View.

With Celtic not yet in the final and having not won the Scottish Cup for more than a decade, Stein had promised McGinn that he would provide a picture of the team with the Cup for the first edition.

He proved good to his word and the first edition of the new club newspaper was published on August 11th 1965 with a picture of the Bhoys’ proudly displaying the cup on the front page.

*McGinn had been given a £600 loan by the club to start the paper but on the basis it had to be repaid in full by the end of the financial year*.

Launching at the birth of the club’s greatest era was a massive help to the early success of the View and McGinn quickly paid off the debt as early circulation figures averaged 26,000.

Although it unquestionably toes the party line on all matters Celtic, the View has covered all the club’s highs and lows since its inception. It remains a valuable source for historians of the club and is the best selling football club weekly publication in the UK.

But there have unquestionably been moments when it has been so far out of touch with the feeling of the hardcore support. Indeed for a long period it was a deservedly ridiculed publication.

During the late 80s and early 90s the Celtic View was christened ‘Pravda’ by some supporters (a term coined & popularised by fanzine Not The View reflecting on the old Soviet newspaper).

The board at the time - including Chairman Jack McGinn - blatantly used the paper for their own propaganda and to protect their own interests. The fans always expected and accepted that the View would look at matters through biscuit-tin green-tinted glasses.

But the level of spin and outright untruths that were now appearing in the paper was outrageous at a time the club was being driven to the brink of extinction. The board’s manipulation of the View was a significant factor in the success of the Celtic fanzine scene.

The loathing of what the club newspaper had come to represent is best summed up by the title of the most successful of these often excellent and proudly unofficial publications - Not The View.

Ive followed this thread since page one and im trying really hard to be measured and respectful in my replies but that is just downright disgusting and it absolutely turns your stomach thinking of a child safety seminar being hosted at that paedo ridden bucket of shite of a club after all thats went on there.

Disgusting
That’s the scummy bastards attempt at sportswashing their well known reputation as paedophiles/enablers/apologists. Shut the f&ckers down.

There's not much room left I would imagine but I think there are lots of things coming out in the open and also a lot still getting hid under the magic carpet and I can see it all beginning to feel the strain from the hidden secrets that lay beneath it and what a pile of lies and cover ups will come pouring out when the truth finally emerges from the depths of depravity and justice is served at last . Keep up the good fight lads !

There's not much room left I would imagine but I think there are lots of things coming out in the open and also a lot still getting hid under the magic carpet and I can see it all beginning to feel the strain from the hidden secrets that lay beneath it and what a pile of lies and cover ups will come pouring out when the truth finally emerges from the depths of depravity and justice is served at last . Keep up the good fight lads !
You’ve followed this for a long time Alex. Whatever is under their carpet Spotlight will find it.
You know that we have more, and you also know when the time is right we will open fire.

Now people are getting on Nevin’s back for that one line.
‘I knew the individual who was a predatory paedophile there. He didn’t trouble me as my Dad did the training sessions & games. I was never in danger others were’
He does not say that he knew the nonce was a nonce, at that time (when he was being coached). Neither does he say his father knew at that time.

Perhaps celtic lawyers will try to argue the following:

1. The Celtic yts players were in a different legal entity from 'celtic'.

2. The Celtic ground staff youth were in a different legal entity from 'celtic'.

3. The Celtic boys club players were in a different legal entity from 'Celtic'
They may argue this. But you’ll see from previous Spotlight posts that players were ‘S’ formed by the club then put straight into the boys club. That’s just one example of no separate entity.

They may argue this. But you’ll see from previous Spotlight posts that players were ‘S’ formed by the club then put straight into the boys club. That’s just one example of no separate entity.
Plus , who paid all the travelling expenses , boarding expenses around Europe and America and who paid for all those expensive Boy's Club uniforms ? Not many Boy's Clubs could afford such luxuries as CBC . Did the Mammies and Daddies all chip in to pay for it all ?

Plus , who paid all the travelling expenses , boarding expenses around Europe and America and who paid for all those expensive Boy's Club uniforms ? Not many Boy's Clubs could afford such luxuries as CBC . Did the Mammies and Daddies all chip in to pay for it all ?

Must have been a lot of bag packing fundraising at Presto, and bottle stalls.

There are many instances where the separate entity is a lie as you well know.
Five decades this has been going on. Let that sink in. How many victims?
In all that time individuals employed by that club from top to bottom knew and said nothing.
Young boys proud to wear the colours are now having to stand against the club they love to get justice.
Also other victims that support Rangers and other clubs that put the love of football before anything else, and joined that club also in the belief it would further their career only to be preyed upon. And believe me I’ve heard the stories. I will never share them.
I’ve heard them in great detail. It’s stuff you couldn’t imagine. How these bastards operated has to be known though. How the club said nothing also has to be known.
Take a wee moment at some point and think about these boys. Some no longer with us. And some getting on with their lives with their own families now.
And that club has the audacity to stand against them in court.
And politicians turn a blind eye.
I’m proud of Spotlight.

In all that time individuals employed by that club from top to bottom knew and said nothing.
Young boys proud to wear the colours are now having to stand against the club they love to get justice.
Also other victims that support Rangers and other clubs that put the love of football before anything else, and joined that club also in the belief it would further their career only to be preyed upon. And believe me I’ve heard the stories. I will never share them.
I’ve heard them in great detail. It’s stuff you couldn’t imagine. How these bastards operated has to be known though. How the club said nothing also has to be known.
Take a wee moment at some point and think about these boys. Some no longer with us. And some getting on with their lives with their own families now.
I’m proud of Spotlight.
Keep going Sir.

I’m proud of Spotlight.

Here here. Some job you and the others are doing mate.

came up on my twitter someone had liked it but any reason why ''Gerry McSherry'' is on twitter running his mouth about 'Walter Smith knew' and faux child abuse victims?

I’m proud of Spotlight.
Well said BN !

Totally agree. Must have been a hard decision. Especially with his high profile. On the other hand, what about the "normal" people who were abused. I reckon it's harder for them to come forward for various reasons.
It’s equally hard mate as each of them will be having the same nightmares night after night, those beasts didn’t know which ones would come good at football but looked at the guys who didn’t have a dad or a male influence guiding them

Back