Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This is the great frustration for me, the majority of us are not seeking vengeance against the filth as a club. Instead the majority of us would like to see the law applied proportionally to this hugely disturbing litany of evil which has blighted one club over all others.

These vile men raped and damaged mere children, kids who trusted them with their innocent hopes and dreams only to have them corrupted and destroyed. Why thus far have the Scottish courts, government, media and the majority of other clubs treated the perpetrators of these heinous crimes with kid gloves?

Rangers were ruthlessly defamed for the use of a legal tax avoidance scheme (retrospectively rendered no longer acceptable by HMRC). Add to this the fact that our club was left open to, by the lack of fitness for purpose of the checks and balances supposedly instituted by the governing bodies, to protect the club from such…A bunch of asset stripping crooks.

You’d think our club had done something vile and heinous given the reaction of all of the above constituents. Contrast that with the almost silence in regard to the filths utterly horrific history of child rape and abuse. The lenient sentences of the guilty, the systemic attempts to protect the filth by government and legal bodies.

I am hugely disappointed in my homeland and for anyone to suggest that my motives are anything other than the disgust and horror of a father (I have three sons for whom I’d kill to protect). I haven’t interacted with one filth supporter who shows any sense remorse for the victims or indeed anger at their club. Just deflection and counter claims regarding their favourite subject matter, Rangers.

These are fathers too, how did their moral compasses become so out of kilter? Why have they in my opinion, acquiesced in the protection of their clubs brand and therefore in protection of the perpetrators? I think the majority of us ‘decent’ human beings want to see justice seen to be done in favour of all of these victims of stolen childhoods, of dreams turned to nightmares.

No body or indeed institution, no matter how much it is loved or supported, no trusted officer of said organisations should be immune from the full force of the law. This, when they break the trust of the innocent, condemning mere children to an adulthood haunted by the dreams of what might of been and the nightmares of the base evil which was visited upon their vulnerable formative years.

I implore Scottish society, Government, legal bodies and media to fight for these lost childhoods, to put aside their tribalism and do what is right in the eyes of any decent society…Which is to properly punish the guilty, all constituents, from the perpetrators to those who covered up for them and by so doing set free at least some of the demons which haunt the many victims.
Very well said.

Oh come on, you do realise that teenager Jim Torbett was viewed as a football coaching guru at the time??????
The frustration for Spotlight is we can’t go back further. The list that Spotlight has clearly shows priests were involved throughout the decades. Those that follow us know we uncovered one of these priests.
We believe this goes deeper than anyone can imagine.
We often ask ourselves this.. If Spotlight hadn’t gone searching then this would have been buried forever. We’re nowhere near finished. Far from it.

This is the great frustration for me, the majority of us are not seeking vengeance against the filth as a club. Instead the majority of us would like to see the law applied proportionally to this hugely disturbing litany of evil which has blighted one club over all others.

These vile men raped and damaged mere children, kids who trusted them with their innocent hopes and dreams only to have them corrupted and destroyed. Why thus far have the Scottish courts, government, media and the majority of other clubs treated the perpetrators of these heinous crimes with kid gloves?

Rangers were ruthlessly defamed for the use of a legal tax avoidance scheme (retrospectively rendered no longer acceptable by HMRC). Add to this the fact that our club was left open to, by the lack of fitness for purpose of the checks and balances supposedly instituted by the governing bodies, to protect the club from such…A bunch of asset stripping crooks.

You’d think our club had done something vile and heinous given the reaction of all of the above constituents. Contrast that with the almost silence in regard to the filths utterly horrific history of child rape and abuse. The lenient sentences of the guilty, the systemic attempts to protect the filth by government and legal bodies.

I am hugely disappointed in my homeland and for anyone to suggest that my motives are anything other than the disgust and horror of a father (I have three sons for whom I’d kill to protect). I haven’t interacted with one filth supporter who shows any sense remorse for the victims or indeed anger at their club. Just deflection and counter claims regarding their favourite subject matter, Rangers.

These are fathers too, how did their moral compasses become so out of kilter? Why have they in my opinion, acquiesced in the protection of their clubs brand and therefore in protection of the perpetrators? I think the majority of us ‘decent’ human beings want to see justice seen to be done in favour of all of these victims of stolen childhoods, of dreams turned to nightmares.

No body or indeed institution, no matter how much it is loved or supported, no trusted officer of said organisations should be immune from the full force of the law. This, when they break the trust of the innocent, condemning mere children to an adulthood haunted by the dreams of what might of been and the nightmares of the base evil which was visited upon their vulnerable formative years.

I implore Scottish society, Government, legal bodies and media to fight for these lost childhoods, to put aside their tribalism and do what is right in the eyes of any decent society…Which is to properly punish the guilty, all constituents, from the perpetrators to those who covered up for them and by so doing set free at least some of the demons which haunt the many victims.
Well said Sir.

I don't know the format for a class action type trial but are witnesses cited?
I would call the President of At Patrick's and asked who approached him and paid the £30k for them to rebrand from CBC to their current form and why they agreed if they were innocent and unaware of their history why become a new club there ain't no(white) smoke without fire.
Do they have a Club house and have kept records or trophies from their past as CBC?
I feel that there is more to St Pat's than meets the eye and their circumstance change.

What a well written post , says all
that needs to be said.

Scotlands Shame without a doubt.

The frustration for Spotlight is we can’t go back further. The list that Spotlight has clearly shows priests were involved throughout the decades. Those that follow us know we uncovered one of these priests.
We often ask ourselves this.. If Spotlight hadn’t gone searching then this would have been buried forever. We’re nowhere near finished. Far from it.
I can remember when I was younger that Hugh keevins had said cfc got priests to visit boys homes and tell the family that they shouldn't report it or talk about it, it makes you wonder is the lack of action from the SNP down to funds being paid to them to remove religious and sports clubs from investigation.

I can remember when I was younger that Hugh keevins had said cfc got priests to visit boys homes and tell the family that they shouldn't report it or talk about it, it makes you wonder is the lack of action from the SNP down to funds being paid to them to remove religious and sports clubs from investigation.
Hugh Keevins and the Scottish Media are an absolute disgrace they are complicit in this for not reporting the biggest sex scandal ever in not just British football but the World . I hope one day someone gets on that station and ask that Keevins why he chose to not report or talk about it . Now the question is Why ????? Is it not the case his Brother is a Priest ?? Despicable the whole lot of that Religion absolute disgusting they will get their justice and so will the poor victims

The biggest question is why have the Authorities (of any description) failed to do what you and your team have done? Dereliction of Duty or Professional Misconduct?

Friend of mine( one of them) and several others i knew used to get visits from the priest asking why they did not attend chapel that morning?

Such was that churches hold they made him go every week after the visit

Last edited:
Lets stop this trophy stripping nonsense.

Friend of mine( one of them) and several others i knew used to get visits from the priest asking why they did not attend chapel that morning?

Such was that churches hold they made him go every week after the visit
Up to at least before the war, (maybe continued after) children received punishment of beatings from teachers (face slaps, stomach/head punches) if they had failed to attend chapel.

If I as a very young boy in the late 70’s was hearing stories about the goings on at the Boys Club then of course Celtic knew about it.

And if I was hearing stories then so were the people running football teams, so were the police, so were news journalists, so were sports journalists.

The story was ‘out there’. It wasn’t a closely guarded secret.
I can remember the rumours back in the 70's

gn19.png

Cash for no questions?

There must be some ties to the places that are being exposed through the hearings within the CSA inquiry? Appreciate their remit is narrow but if your work ties in directly to what they are doing then surely it can't be ignored?

I want to see this rancid shower pay big time. They orchestrated our removal from the top tier to further their own gains. We were hounded by couch tax experts (we all know the story) and all along this scum were constantly ducking and diving to avoid justice. I hope these bastards pay big time and are tainted forevermore. The compliant media need a day of reckoning too.

Hugh Keevins and the Scottish Media are an absolute disgrace they are complicit in this for not reporting the biggest sex scandal ever in not just British football but the World . I hope one day someone gets on that station and ask that Keevins why he chose to not report or talk about it . Now the question is Why ????? Is it not the case his Brother is a Priest ?? Despicable the whole lot of that Religion absolute disgusting they will get their justice and so will the poor victims
It's the sanctimonious attitude and hypocrisy that I dislike. All for a football club.

Not sure how the timing of these things work. Thomson solicitors had applied for for authorisation to be appointed as the Representative Party in, and to bring, Group Proceedings against CELTIC PLC at the 16th of November and their AGM was the 17th. Possibly they could argue that until confirmation of proceedings has been confirmed they are under no obligation to report it. They can also be assured of the limited public exposure due to the imbalance of any decent normal media company in Scotland.

Not sure how the timing of these things work. Thomson solicitors had applied for for authorisation to be appointed as the Representative Party in, and to bring, Group Proceedings against CELTIC PLC at the 16th of November and their AGM was the 17th. Possibly they could argue that until confirmation of proceedings has been confirmed they are under no obligation to report it. They can also be assured of the limited public exposure due to the imbalance of any decent normal media company in Scotland.
That CEO never jumped ship as quickly for no reason. He wanted no part of the charade.

That CEO never jumped ship as quickly for no reason. He wanted no part of the charade.
The control and collusion they have with the media, SFA/SPFL and government to limit the public exposure isn't done with the CEO having any concern over his/her credibility or even legality.
When this is exposed it will not just be damning of that bastardised football team.

Even today the welfare of now adults that had to endure one of the most heinous crimes as children is put secondary to the standing and reputation of a f-ing football club. I'm a football fan but for f-sake that is sickening. Our country isn't normal.

"Litany of evil".

A phrase so accurate I shudder at it.

I want to see this rancid shower pay big time. They orchestrated our removal from the top tier to further their own gains. We were hounded by couch tax experts (we all know the story) and all along this scum were constantly ducking and diving to avoid justice. I hope these bastards pay big time and are tainted forevermore. The compliant media need a day of reckoning too.
Spot on - 100% . A shower of utter despicable , depraved , sub human C-NTS .
All the media , police , judiciary , MP's , ex players and staff ( over the last 60 years ) and anybody else who is implicated should Never see the light of day again . SCUM - each and every one .....
Justice for the victims who have suffered for years is on the horizon , thanks to some excellent ( and relentless ) work by a small group of principled people .
Massive respect and kudos to Spotlight , and thankfully there is small mercies for the victims soon . God knows they have waited and suffered long enough to get to this point .

I have said it many times before and I will say it again, I just can't get my head around the fact that there is a lot of good parents out there that are smitten with supporting Ce#%ic fc. They will not accept the truth which has been blatantly obvious to others for many a year. The supporters do not ask questions and are not prepared to take the club to task, but Hey, just think, these foolish parents make it worse on themselves because they are happy to take their own children to the Paedo Dome, what the F#%k. I am truely lost for words.

Maybe I shouldn't bring this up but, it has been bothering me for a long time now, why has retired football players who have played in Scotland never talked publicly about what has been going on, remember they have been a lot closer to that horrible circle than we ever have. Makes me sick to the stomach, when ever I think of those poor little innocent children being subjected to such horrible acts. May God give them strength, justice and peace so that maybe just maybe they can go forward and get on with their lives. Eventual Closer would be seen as a miracle.

Firstly, I have to say that every time I look in on this thread Mr Woods and the Spotlight team have uncovered further evidence of the scale of this crime, each and every time I am humbled by the tenacity and personal bravery of those doing this work.
Secondly, if Mr Wood’s source is correct the action of de-listing Celtic F.C. might, finally, open wide the can of worms the Scottish mhedia and the Scottish Government have for so long sought to keep closed.
I am truly in awe of those who are fighting so hard to see justice done.

Was listening to a Podcast during the week , Where is George Gibney , 10 part produced by the BBC surrounding child abuse in Irish swimming , 3-4 of the coaches uncovered , the parallels with the Celtic case is unreal .

Terry, using your thought process and dates, in my opinion they should have reported the matter through their AGM and at the same time, informed the Stock Exchange.

If they haven’t done either, then the reports may be accurate and if they are de-listed, that could and should have massive implications for sponsorship removal and then the potential of Financial Fair Play in how they fund their horrendous club.

If they should have informed LSE and someone’s missed that, it’s the biggest own goal they’ve ever scored.

I hope it’s the start of them coming crashing down and the victims get the outcome they truly deserve.

Was listening to a Podcast during the week , Where is George Gibney , 10 part produced by the BBC surrounding child abuse in Irish swimming , 3-4 of the coaches uncovered , the parallels with the Celtic case is unreal .

Paedophiles go where they can get access to children unfortunately BS.

What’s different with Celtic compared to other sporting institutions is that they protected what was a paedophile ring.

Shame on them.

It's nothing to do with trophies!
First of all we wish this abuse had never happened. That would be the end of it.

It did happen, and the perpetrators of the crimes have to be punished. Some of them have, although in some cases leniently.

The victims have to be compensated. Both in terms of support and restitution for the misery they have suffered during their lives.

The corporate responsibility is Celtic’s, and they have to be punished for their failure to offer a duty of care. A duty of care to children and young people in their charge.

Did Celtic benefit from the Boy’s club? Did they revel in the Boy’s Club’s success? Did they benefit from a flow of young players that didn’t cost them a penny? Did they receive transfer fees for players who came through their Boy’s Club system?

Yes, Celtic benefited from the Boy’s Club and sexually abused them at the same time. An utterly abhorrent situation.

Should Celtic therefore receive a sporting punishment? Remember another club was prosecuted, for issuing side letters, and failing to investigate the suitability of an employee tax scheme. Their proposed punishment was the stripping of titles. A sporting punishment.

Should Celtic receive a sporting punishment ?

Last edited:
Maybe I shouldn't bring this up but, it has been bothering me for a long time now, why has retired football players who have played in Scotland never talked publicly about what has been going on, remember they have been a lot closer to that horrible circle than we ever have. Makes me sick to the stomach, when ever I think of those poor little innocent children being subjected to such horrible acts. May God give them strength, justice and peace so that maybe just maybe they can go forward and get on with their lives. Eventual Closer would be seen as a miracle.
Agreed. In my opinion the turning of blind eyes is just as criminal and those who have done so in this case, of which there are many, should be brought to task. No doubt the media will have to start reporting on these atrocities but who is going to point the finger at those in the media, and the government, who have chosen to pretend that nothing had happened?

Back