Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I applaud the fantastic work which the Spotlight team continues to do in exposing the hypocrisy which surrounds the organisation at the centre of this scandal. Can I ask one question, do you have contact with the brave man that is Hugh Birt? This man was strong enough to raise this with the board at that time and suffered the consequences. He deserves a lot of praise in my eyes. His experiences tie Kevin Kelly into a lot what was going on there, in my opinion, he is surely a person of interest.

I applaud the fantastic work which the Spotlight team continues to do in exposing the hypocrisy which surrounds the organisation at the centre of this scandal. Can I ask one question, do you have contact with the brave man that is Hugh Birt? This man was strong enough to raise this with the board at that time and suffered the consequences. He deserves a lot of praise in my eyes. His experiences tie Kevin Kelly into a lot what was going on there, in my opinion, he is surely a person of interest.
I'm not 100% but I think Hugh Birt has passed on.

Unbelievable. This scandal just seems to confirm our worst fears with every passing bit of information that is uncovered.

That club should be shut down.
Completely agree they should be shut down in fact if it was any other club in Scotland they would be. Credit to those bringing this to light because with every passing day this scandal gets more and more harrowing and unfortunately there's likely much more and much worse to uncover, it really is time the silence is ended and get these monsters brought to justice.

Hugh is no longer with us I believe. Are you maybe thinking of Gerry McSherry?

Willie Haughey bought the land that Celtic Park sits on for £1,000. Remarkably low - why?

All very dodgy, like all of the land goings on in that area.

Hugh is no longer here, which is a pity as he appears to be quite unique where that club’s concerned
When are the two door stepped ex directors who suffer from loss of memory on certain subjects going to be dragged into the dock
This really isn’t hard, the very fact they refuse to answer anyone who asks tells you everything
If someone accused you of being responsible for covering up the most hideous crime known to humanity, would you shut your door and walk away if you were not guilty
You would be demanding the truth and a chance to clear your name
Unfortunately we have had two governments and a Football Association who are happy to keep it quiet
Governments infiltrated by beast apologists and a football body who had one of them at the top
It really must be torture for the families who are suffering knowing this is being covered up to appease certain people and a certain football club
Disgusted by the lot of it and I am just an onlooker
Wtf is going on as it’s not very hard and there is a very easy path to take if justice wants to take it, start with the two who have selective memory loss

Really? Who was charged and what with?

Some of the abused, as well as the abusers, have since died since the original arrests in 2018. As in the Celtic case, the tactics seem to be kicking the can down the street until the abusers pop their clogs.

Absolutely Jacobite.

There’s no doubt with those relationships Strachan didn’t know Henry. His partner became secretary of that company on the exact day that Henry became a director. We have the documents.
That is truly disgusting mate. It shows the disgrace that Scotland has become. Surely many people in positions of power (politics and media, as well as potentially other fields) will be aware of this.

The snp must answer to sweeping this away.

That is truly disgusting mate. It shows the disgrace that Scotland has become. Surely many people in positions of power (politics and media, as well as potentially other fields) will be aware of this.

I echo your thoughts.

But this one’s for the lurkers who support Celtic who will come on here to view this thread.

You are responsible. You facilitated and enabled a widespread board cover up. There’s good people on this thread who have fought for the victims justice, but they where always up against the “you’re just point scoring, football rivalry gone too far nonsense”

Imagine a prominent Celtic supporter or supporters club applied pressure on their board. Imagine season ticket holders boycotted until justice was provided. Imagine shareholders questioned at an AGM.

The simple facts are that you lurkers, wether it be lifelong fans who have pumped thousands of pounds into Celtic, or even just bought the off strip or match day ticket and remained silent. You facilitated this cover up. You are responsible.

If the Celtic support applied pressure on their board to do the right thing justice may have been for years ago, some who unfortunately passed May still have been here to get justice. Some may not have lead a tortured existence for as long.

I echo your thoughts.

But this one’s for the lurkers who support Celtic who will come on here to view this thread.

You are responsible. You facilitated and enabled a widespread board cover up. There’s good people on this thread who have fought for the victims justice, but they where always up against the “you’re just point scoring, football rivalry gone too far nonsense”

Imagine a prominent Celtic supporter or supporters club applied pressure on their board. Imagine season ticket holders boycotted until justice was provided. Imagine shareholders questioned at an AGM.

The simple facts are that you lurkers, wether it be lifelong fans who have pumped thousands of pounds into Celtic, or even just bought the off strip or match day ticket and remained silent. You facilitated this cover up. You are responsible.

If the Celtic support applied pressure on their board to do the right thing justice may have been for years ago, some who unfortunately passed May still have been here to get justice. Some may not have lead a tortured existence for as long.
Totally agreed. There is no such thing as a decent Celtc fan. They all know about this and choose to support their rancid club in this knowledge.

Yes, there’s a major implication that his choice was tactical WD.

Then the result of the review made that much stronger, not forgetting the SNP had originally avoided sports clubs.

Truly disgraceful. How can you call it an ‘independent’ enquiry, when the accused get to doctor the findings?! That’s before you get to the bent (pardon the pun) appointment of it’s leader.

You’re right, the team have been working on something today on this subject. The SFA are a disgrace.

But let’s not forget their SNP / SMSM partners, who are all culpable.

My apologies if the gentleman has passed on, he must have had some story to tell. I was aware Gerry McSherry had much to say on the subject having named I believe 14 known pedophiles at that club, is he able and willing to assist the Spotlight team?

As others have said Mr Birt passed away in 2013. He was a man of integrity.

Gerry McSherry pushed hard to continue Mr Birt’s pursuit, and we were told contacted Jim Farry at the SFA many years ago for example, but we are not in contact with him. We do believe that some victims & victims families have been in contact with him.

I get it. I will be patient.
It’s a big thread and obviously posters can miss things. It’s a good question mate, and I’ll answer any question that I can.
I know you’ll understand that there are some questions that we can’t answer as I said on the previous post. We’ll always answer what we can.
I mentioned this on a previous post a few weeks ago. This goes for anyone that comes on the thread. Please don’t hesitate to ask us anything. We may not answer straight away but we always aim to answer any questions.

Hugh is no longer here, which is a pity as he appears to be quite unique where that club’s concerned
When are the two door stepped ex directors who suffer from loss of memory on certain subjects going to be dragged into the dock
This really isn’t hard, the very fact they refuse to answer anyone who asks tells you everything
If someone accused you of being responsible for covering up the most hideous crime known to humanity, would you shut your door and walk away if you were not guilty
You would be demanding the truth and a chance to clear your name
Unfortunately we have had two governments and a Football Association who are happy to keep it quiet
Governments infiltrated by beast apologists and a football body who had one of them at the top
It really must be torture for the families who are suffering knowing this is being covered up to appease certain people and a certain football club
Disgusted by the lot of it and I am just an onlooker
Wtf is going on as it’s not very hard and there is a very easy path to take if justice wants to take it, start with the two who have selective memory loss
Our dear leader claimed to have forgotten FIFTY things in seven hours. The country is corrupt.

Believe it or not, JL this has been rumbling along on various versions of FF for more years than I can remember. Since Spotlight picked up the mantle and done their incredible work over the last few years it is nearer than ever to finally bringing justice to the people who have been sidelined by those who should know better.
The Spotlight team have shone a light on places that will have repercussions across the whole of Scottish society, and several other countries. In my mind, this has never been closer to getting the exposure that should have happened decades ago.

Hat off to your diligence gents.

I’ve said before, but just to reiterate, I don’t ever want this to be about so-called “points scoring”.

The people - media, politicians, religious leaders, Celtic fans, whoever - who attempt to derail the astonishing work done by the Spotlight team are doing it for total self interest. There’s a helluva lot these people want to remain hidden and forgotten about. We owe it to the victims to keep going

I’ve said before, but just to reiterate, I don’t ever want this to be about so-called “points scoring”.

The people - media, politicians, religious leaders, Celtic fans, whoever - who attempt to derail the astonishing work done by the Spotlight team are doing it for total self interest. There’s a helluva lot these people want to remain hidden and forgotten about. We owe it to the victims to keep going
This is way beyond points. Anybody claiming point scoring is purely trying to silence the issue. The same ones will also say people who talk about it and raise concerns are “disgusting” and “love talking about abuse”. It is all trying to shame people into silence in a time when other countries are trying to bring the issue out the shadows to protect their children.

Back