Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

is there any kind of figures as to what the scum are going to have to pay out, and does this increase when denying and sweeping under the carpet..ballpark figure?

No matter what happens there will be one day when Spotlight will release everything.
What we will never divulge is anything we’ve been told by survivors or families. That goes without saying.
It’s been a long fight. I think it has to be said it’s been too long.
We’re going nowhere. We’ll continue and release what we can when the time is right.
I have no doubt in that.

Another story from a more responsible Nation who are properly reeling in sexual abuse on young athletes exposed to misuse of power and then covered up

Was just reading about this. It’s a real shame our own country doesn't take the protection of children quite so seriously. As I see it there is no real deterrent for abusing kids, covering it up or reoffending, really is a sad state of affairs. We can moan about SNP but every party up here has aided the cover up over the years, it really is scandalous that noone seems to give a %^*& about all the children who were abused. I hope this changes for the sake of those affected but I really cant see it.

What really frustrates me is that if you ask for justice for those affected, you’re accused of trying to point score because you are a Rangers fan. I genuinely think this is beyond the realms of football and as a parent this really boils my piss. No worse crime than one against children imho.

$500 million ring fenced to be payed to the victims of Nasser in American gymnastics now that is proper compensation bring on the New Jersey PD.Think he also got enough life sentences that he'll never be free EVER!!!
Mentioned similar a few pages back barubear. I think lawyers should be pushing for money ring fencing at celtc before it is hidden away. A call for this would escalate public knowledge of crimes committed at that den of shame.

Mentioned similar a few pages back barubear. I think lawyers should be pushing for money ring fencing at celtc before it is hidden away. A call for this would escalate public knowledge of crimes committed at that den of shame.
The stadium has already been safeguarded by transferring ownership, these scum have known for years what's coming and have done enough to save the brand unfortunately.

Another story from a more responsible Nation who are properly reeling in sexual abuse on young athletes exposed to misuse of power and then covered up

We’re going to use this to highlight the difference between Scotland & elsewhere CoG.

Following on from a few of the comments, I don't believe that there would be much help, if any at all, coming from any members of any British government or Scottish administration. No matter what political party they belong to it is my opinion that they all have far too much to lose once enquiries into child molestation begin. Let us also not forget that politicians also protect others in "high places" as well as, of course, low places. The molesting of children is not something new and many have abused their positions to facilitate as well as take part in such behaviour. Some of the incidents that I have heard from fellow survivors have been absolutely horrific and have involved senior members of the community who were trusted but ranks were closed to prevent the truth coming out.
Having said that and knowing what I know I have full respect for Spotlight who must have been really up against it. Well done to that team and I look forward to your successes.

Before any replies to the post, please keep in mind that survivors view this thread. Thanks..

This sounds different to me, in spite of Gordon's tweet I see shared here today.

Yes, he still didn't bother to turn up. But its progressed from a pre trial to an actual trial date by the sounds of it?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited:
We are delighted to see that Spotlight now has 7,000 followers.

Thanks to everyone on here & elsewhere who has passed on our pursuit and, as BN94 said earlier today, we will not stop until we get the result that REALLY MATTERS.

JUSTICE

How do I follow Spotlight and can I recommend it for others to join?

Hopefully 2022 brings the justice that the victims seek?
Scotland has a duty of care ?
I agree with you Huckleberry and hopefully we will see justice for the victims and survivors. Scotland should have a duty of care especially with a political leader who refers to herself as “The Chief Mammy” in respect of children. What kind of “mammy” stays silent when children’s lives are being destroyed? Those children are adults today but still deserve more than the chief mammy and her hangers-on are giving them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately if and when sceptic are brought to account you can be sure the punishment given out will be astonishingly lenient. It makes me sick to the stomach but I just know they will practically walk away from it with a derisory poultry fine and incredibly low payments to the victims. SWEEP SWEEP NICOLA STURGEON NOTHING TO SEE HERE

I agree with you Huckleberry and hopefully we will see justice for the victims and survivors. Scotland should have a duty of care especially with a political leader who refers to herself as “The Chief Mammy” in respect of children. What kind of “mammy” stays silent when children’s lives are being destroyed? Those children are adults today but still deserve more than the chief mammy and her hangers-on are giving them.
The kind of mammy who is part of a cult relying on a bigger cult for power

Unfortunately if and when sceptic are brought to account you can be sure the punishment given out will be astonishingly lenient. It makes me sick to the stomach but I just know they will practically walk away from it with a derisory poultry fine and incredibly low payments to the victims. SWEEP SWEEP NICOLA STURGEON NOTHING TO SEE HERE
There is so much wrong with that

The failings of past administrations and sympathetic parties, apologists and charlatans is intolerable.
The inaction at Celtic and there stance of denial and deception is quite unbelievable
However the priority will always be the victims, it's about them and the mistreatment at the hands of this institution and it's associates.
Accountability and responsibility should be determined by an independent inquiry, a scandal of this magnitude must be heard.

The failings of past administrations and sympathetic parties, apologists and charlatans is intolerable.
The inaction at Celtic and there stance of denial and deception is quite unbelievable
However the priority will always be the victims, it's about them and the mistreatment at the hands of this institution and it's associates.
Accountability and responsibility should be determined by an independent inquiry, a scandal of this magnitude must be heard.
Excellent post Huck

Seriously, is that what you think?

If we have to demonstrate outside the kiddy on parliament, these bastards will not get away with anything.

I have sent an email to Clare Haughey Minister for Children and Young People high lighting my concerns about the lack of action from the Scottish Government the department that she is the head of regarding the abuse carried out at Celtic Football Club( I had to spell it out correctly seeing it was in an email instead of saying them 19th Century Terrorist Bastards ). I pointed out all the paedophiles that had been jailed and said that there was more to come. I expressed my concern saying that lawyers were playing for time in the hope that all that would be called to give evidence would either be dying or have dementia.Just another one that will cross me off her Christmas list

I'm sure the survivors and their families will really appreciate your prediction.

It’s getting to the stage now that the courts are hoping these kunts die before any trial is faced.

What a kick in the teeth to many who have had their hopes and dreams shattered by these monsters.

I fully understand that this forum is about opinion. We fully accept that, but this is a thread like no other.
I would like to remind you and some others that survivors view this thread and these sort of posts aren’t nice to read.
Now you could be right, but we have enough of these sort of posts from the apologist lurkers and also the apologist journalists that DO post on this thread.
Please could we keep this in mind. These brave gentlemen need our support and not negative messages.
I agree the Scottish justice system really needs looking at, and that the under qualified political leaders in Scotland are probably the main cause for this being no further forward. We believe that some need questioning under oath.
Spotlight will continue to fight for justice.
In the meantime we wish Frank Cairney the best of health until this trial, and when justice is served then let’s hope his dying day is behind bars where he belongs.

Last edited:

AGAIN?!?!

They must be praying that Covid gets him.

Back