Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

EH47

Likewise the only comment I've seen is that Mark Hollinsheads illness with covid19 was part of the reason... strange for the CEO to take such a 'hands on' approach with a client...

Unless of course the end of any involvement is also a smoke screen..as Mark has said himself..." “Hollicom’s network of influencers and contacts, across all media channels, is unrivalled in the public relations industry and that experience and knowledge will make a key difference for clients both existing and new. "

Fair possibility that Hollicom are still representing the tarriers but are getting sensitive to the negative connotations they may be experiencing as a result of it being known.
They must by now know "where the bodies are buried" so celtc will be more than keen to keep them close...at any price.

Div1872

SNP Govt covering up paedos and now prepared to pay out compo to victims to keep their silence

The vast majority of victims were abused at CBC and CFC so why are the Scot Govt not wanting to pursue the guilty and the enablers

I’m hate the way this country is being run

It’s a phucking scandal

I hope Kim Leslie has other CSA clients and she persuaded them to reject the NDA’s and let the victims get closure and proper compensation and the guilty humiliated and pursued by the law

ekr true blue

Not saying am right but reading through all this am surprise there has not been a organised demonstration ( not a football colours thing ) but people flighting for the victims rights a march from city chambers right up to doors of septic park am sure if it a successful and well supported march then people would have sit and take notice

just a thought
Excellent idea... Some form of march with placards and banners stating the massive cover up. Bring it right out in the open because believe me not a lot of people outside of football even know about CBC and the ring of abuse...a national scandal...

Gloucester Bear

The wording of the bill would suggest this could not be applied to Celtic's boys club (or religious organisations) if the scottish government tried to extend this to them it would be an outrage in any event, but especially after specifically excluding them from the 'enquiry" - that said the whole bill is vile.

Southernlion

The wording of the bill would suggest this could not be applied to Celtic's boys club (or religious organisations) if the scottish government tried to extend this to them it would be an outrage in any event, but especially after specifically excluding them from the 'enquiry" - that said the whole bill is vile.

I am glad that you pointed that out. Having read it I am of the opinion that it will aid victims in that they can be anonymous and not have to face the abusers in court.
I do think that the organisations enabling the abuse should not be let off the hook regarding redress and presumably the opposition at Holyrood will file an amendment

The 290 Duke

I posted elsewhere. His son was a dealer. Fact
Mosson, convicted housebreaker. Fact.
What more do we know about this guy?
My mate is his neighbour.
He says Mosson is forever getting work done on his house.
Is that a freeby by GCC ?
Mosson has a few skeletons in his cupboard...
His son is a big supporter of the IRA. Slashed years ago he's easily recognisable. His daughter is Kirsten Mosson. She flirted with politics for a while. Well known in Scotstoun.

Sancus

This bill if passed will be the biggest scandal ever, it's like awarding the abusers. I cannot believe any sane person would back this
It’s effectively paying hush money to the victims.

Only it’s not the perpetrator paying the money, it’s the Government. The very people who should be protecting children are prepared to pay money to keep the abusers out of jail. Corrupt, criminal and sinister.

EH47

It’s effectively paying hush money to the victims.

Only it’s not the perpetrator paying the money, it’s the Government. The very people who should be protecting children are prepared to pay money to keep the abusers out of jail. Corrupt, criminal and sinister.

No, even worse, it's actually the taxpayer who will be paying for it.
Taxpayers, which includes all the abused themselves and their families and friends among them.
And all to let the guilty off the hook and to protect the catholic vote
Just how fucking sick is that?

Gloucester Bear

I am glad that you pointed that out. Having read it I am of the opinion that it will aid victims in that they can be anonymous and not have to face the abusers in court.
I do think that the organisations enabling the abuse should not be let off the hook regarding redress and presumably the opposition at Holyrood will file an amendment
To be honest all I really did was repeat what 'spotlight' said - but why are the Scottish government putting forward legislation that could allow abusers to get off scot free and potentially open a door to bogus claims?!

Snakehips

Excellent idea... Some form of march with placards and banners stating the massive cover up. Bring it right out in the open because believe me not a lot of people outside of football even know about CBC and the ring of abuse...a national scandal...
I would go further and get people to form a ‘ring’ around Holyrood.

That will get their attention.

Diocletian

Funnily enough none of his grandkids played for CBC or CFC

Ol grandpa Jack must have kept them away
I'm sure his boy is a complete weirdo who used to come into the pubs in Dumbarton, pile a wad of money into the puggies, then go away again without buying a drink or talking to a single person. Not all there I think. Maybe that wasn't even him, but I remember people telling me who he was and seeing him doing it in the pub nearest their house among others.

change consent