Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Today has been a major day for Spotlight in this whole process. We can’t divulge anything at the moment, and again we apologise for that.
Like I’ve said previously we try our best to keep this thread up to date as much as we can.
Today we’ve made a major breakthrough. This is purely down to the dedication of the Spotlight research team.
The truth will out.

For those of you that have contributed on this thread also. A vey big thanks from Spotlight and a happy new year.
The same Best Wishes to each and every member of Spotlight .
All the victims can rest easy ( easier - if that is possible ) knowing the great work that you are doing on their behalf .
This Must , and Will , be exposed to the world ..... It simply HAS to be .
Enjoy your New Year - You Deserve it .

To all involved with spotlight, to the families, friends and loved ones that went through this unbelievably heinous situation, I wish you all a prosperous new year, and I hope that 2022 will bring you all peace.

Stay safe and know we are all behind you, and hope that these 'people' are all brought to justice.

The stalling and denials have served the disgraceful behaviour of this club well up till now. The fact remains criminality took place, convictions have been made but the institution that is Celtic FC have not taken ownership of the problem.
The numbers involved is unprecedented in the world of sport, their time is now and true justice must prevail.
Other than the seniors not having died yet.
I guess dementia is a useful substitute.

Spotlight you are amazing. The work you have done is off the scale and highlights the lack of quality in our Government, law and SMSM. You should all be in the New Year's honours list for the outstanding work you have done in highlighting the horror being perpetuated by the separate entity. May your gargantuan efforts bear fruit for the victims in 2022. Thank you.

I send my thanks to all on FollowFollow who have supported the victims and given them the determination and strength to carry on and see those responsible held to account for their abhorrent behaviour towards children.

Thanks, everyone.

I hope 2022 brings justice to the victims and helps stop this abuse in sport and beyond.

You're a brave man in a world of cowards who won't stand up.

Happy 2022 Mr Woods

Strachan had already been convicted of child abuse prior to joining them TGF.

Supports your point.
What the truly horrific thing here is that as you say they knowingly employed aconvicted abuser
So many subsequent victims could have been saved from these animals
How hard must that be for victims & their families to take
And it also highlights what for me is not only an organised abuse ring being in place but also an orchestrated cover up by so many parties that to this day is still not getting the coverage it deserves if it weren't for groups such as Spotlight
The SFA report being such an example of an organisation still prepared to cover as best they can the crimes committed by 1 specific club.
This is where the American justice system must be highlighted at every opportunity to show that everyone & anyone connected to these Bheasts must pay for the crimes of these animals

What the truly horrific thing here is that as you say they knowingly employed aconvicted abuser
So many subsequent victims could have been saved from these animals
How hard must that be for victims & their families to take
And it also highlights what for me is not only an organised abuse ring being in place but also an orchestrated cover up by so many parties that to this day is still not getting the coverage it deserves if it weren't for groups such as Spotlight
The SFA report being such an example of an organisation still prepared to cover as best they can the crimes committed by 1 specific club.
This is where the American justice system must be highlighted at every opportunity to show that everyone & anyone connected to these Bheasts must pay for the crimes of these animals

Yes as you say even the SFA Review, which replaced the Review that the SNP Government did not do, was a whitewash.

So to this day, you are correct, it is still happening.

Further, look at the BBC treatment of Gordon’s interview with John Beattie ?

Look at McLaughlin’s article after the SFA Review ? Rangers, Thistle, Motherwell, Hibs all mentioned. However, Celtic BOYS CLUB then get a mention, despite many Celtic FOOTBALL CLUB employees being both paedophile abusers and enablers too.

And this is at least 50 years after the abuse started, and the cover up continues.

Yes as you say even the SFA Review, which replaced the Review that the SNP Government did not do, was a whitewash.

So to this day, you are correct, it is still happening.

Further, look at the BBC treatment of Gordon’s interview with John Beattie ?

Look at McLaughlin’s article after the SFA Review ? Rangers, Thistle, Motherwell, Hibs all mentioned. However, Celtic BOYS CLUB then get a mention, despite many Celtic FOOTBALL CLUB employees being both paedophile abusers and enablers too.

And this is at least 50 years after the abuse started, and the cover up continues.
You really need to wonder how many people have something to hide over this

And as we all know you have an entire fan base who simply refuse to even acknowledge any wrongdoing whatsoever whilst actually accusing victims, their families & anyone else brave enough to challenge them of being a bigot

It is really sinister

But due to the brave victims, their families & Spotlight these people must wake up each morning wondering if this is the day they will finally be exposed for what they really are as as a club & its fanbase for what they did & for that I am grateful

I send my thanks to all on FollowFollow who have supported the victims and given them the determination and strength to carry on and see those responsible held to account for their abhorrent behaviour towards children.

Thanks, everyone.

Gordon, like every decent adult in this country we all hope you get closure soon so you can start to concentrate on YOU and start to enjoy yourself rather than feel not believed.

When all this finishes there won’t be anyone who will ever say anything again other than you and your fellow teammates are brave upstanding individuals .

Good luck my friend for 2022 and I hope it will be the year burden of the weight you all have on your shoulders disappears

Last edited:
Another element that boils my piss, is the complete APATHY from all the other football clubs in the SPFL.

In any normal country, the members clubs would demand an independent inquiry after that excuse of an effort from the SFA.

I hate each and every one of the clubs that choose to ignore this travesty. It's CHILDREN for God's sake.

REDEEM yourself Scotland.

It's generous of CR Smith to sponsor Celtic FC at the time, at whatever cost... but then also sponsor this supposedly unrelated, and separate entity, Celtic Boys Club.

I'm guessing they must have made separate payments to separate bank accounts for this unrelated club.

Or were Celtic Boys Club just wearing Celtic FC strips, which is clear in many photos?

Again, this time it's generous of Celtic FC to allow an unrelated and separate entity wear their strips and say now that they were never linked, nor part of the same structure.

Providing Celtic FC coaches to this separate entity... well, their charity and generosity knows no bounds.

Had an exchange with that vile scum supporter Gianni Capaldi earlier on Instagram where he claimed that the CSA are just “allegations” and haven’t been proven. Had to set him straight. Says it all though, the majority of the scum fans will be totally ignorant of the actual truth and numbers of genuine convictions that have materialised. And they won’t ever read up on it even when this goes mainstream and compensation is eventually paid out.

Had an exchange with that vile scum supporter Gianni Capaldi earlier on Instagram where he claimed that the CSA are just “allegations” and haven’t been proven. Had to set him straight. Says it all though, the majority of the scum fans will be totally ignorant of the actual truth and numbers of genuine convictions that have materialised. And they won’t ever read up on it even when this goes mainstream and compensation is eventually paid out.
can you share?

Thanks, everyone.

All i can say is I marvel at your (and the other victim's) strength to go through what you have to to try & get some form of justice & closure.

The folks on here (& beyond?) that are involved with/support Spotlight deserve a lot of plaudits for the work they are doing in assisting to these ends.

Here’s Francis Moore - called Father Paul for some reason. The beast died but has now also been declared bankrupt with debts of over £500,000.

Quite how a priest can amass such a level of debt is one thing but the thing that struck me was the paragraph below which exemplifies the attitude towards CSA in Scotland. It took 19 years and an MSP’s intervention to get the bastard investigated.

The allegations against the sex offender were first raised in 1996 but it was not until 2015 that a major cop probe was launched after former top cop and former Labour MSP Graeme Pearson flagged the matter in Parliament.

Switzerland, France and Portugal the latest countries to discover some of the extent of abuse carried out. In Canada the Church filing for bankruptcy to evade compensation claims. The Boston globe exposed the Worldwide problem within the Catholic church community.
The wealth and assets at their disposal? It has paid out multi millions "yes" ,is it enough?
The lengths this organisation is prepared to go to save face is quite unbelievable and unforgivable. Appalling behaviour and a tsunami of victims.
An all familiar similaritie pattern emerges .

Allegations. There have been convictions.

Either he is wilfully blind or his moral code is nonexistent. The attitude of their fans towards this is disgraceful. They are quick to highlight any perceived injustices involving football, and are quite vocal about politics and issues that don't affect them, yet they have taken the same stance as their club by denying and deflecting any conversation around this scandal.

This scandal isn't about football. It is about young kids being abused and being ignored by the authorities put in place to protect them. It is a scandal that should make every citizen of our country angry. Every one of us should be questioning why the systems of justice, law, social care and child protection, failed these victims/survivors. We should also be questioning the insidious nature of the role MPs, the government and the media have played in this too.

Their fans like to think they hold a moral superiority over other fans, all the while ignoring the dark shadows cast by their club.

Either he is wilfully blind or his moral code is nonexistent. The attitude of their fans towards this is disgraceful. They are quick to highlight any perceived injustices involving football, and are quite vocal about politics and issues that don't affect them, yet they have taken the same stance as their club by denying and deflecting any conversation around this scandal.

This scandal isn't about football. It is about young kids being abused and being ignored by the authorities put in place to protect them. It is a scandal that should make every citizen of our country angry. Every one of us should be questioning why the systems of justice, law, social care and child protection, failed these victims/survivors. We should also be questioning the insidious nature of the role MPs, the government and the media have played in this too.

Their fans like to think they hold a moral superiority over other fans, all the while ignoring the dark shadows cast by their club.

Im not on Twitter but I guess #GianniCapaldisupportspaedophilia would get his attention.

There is another year gone with pretty much a media blackout of a gift of a story.
Media in general is controlled by the Carholic Church. Rare for it to be independent except in USA where it is dominated by another agenda now. Which makes the inroads by Gordon and Spotlight even more remarkable. Hope 2022 brings some success in their efforts and some easing of the pain for the victims

Here here SaB.

Back