Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Serious question to the filth who read these threads. (Hope it never happens) but if your own kids were sordidly abused by a paedophile, would you feel sick to your stomach, desperate with guilt because you failed your kids. Would you go after the beast with everything you have or would it be in your DNA to brush it under the carpet and refuse to talk about it?

Tommy Burns played for Eastercraigs AFC in 1969/70.
During my time there around 1975 when Burns was breaking into the Celtic first team , SFA linesman and Eastercraigs Committee member Hugh Stevenson told me Tommy Burns was a very good friend of his , well nothing wrong with that .
Thing is we now know Stevenson was a paedophile on an industrial scale but he was also a lone wolf who never had any friends.

Last edited:
5 confirmed abusers working at the same place at the same time. Clearly an organised ring was in operation.

There’s the grounds for a public enquiry right there. Why would there not be?

Rhetorical question

It also begs the question asked before?

How did an unqualified 19yo manage to set up a boys club on behalf of one of the biggest clubs in Britain (1967 European winners), giving him access to children?

He may have been the first one publicised, and convicted. But maybe someone already there saw an opportunity to take advantage, and invited their friend to set up a boys club. Maybe there was more than one already there.

Had an interesting conversation with a dim friend of mine last night.

I put to him a simple question: How could celtic sign Simon Donnelly then played him in a boys club that apparrently has nothing to do with celtic?

One he could not...or would not answer.

Think i slapped a wee nerve there?

During my time there around 1975 when Burns was breaking into the Celtic first team , SFA linesman and Eastercraigs Committee member Hugh Stevenson told me Tommy Burns was a very good friend of his , well nothing wrong with that .
Thing is we now know Stevenson was a paedophile on an industrial scale but he was also a lone wolf who never had any friends.
I told Police Scotland about this when I gave them a statement about Stevenson in 2016 but I have heard nothing since.
You might get more joy when Bernard Higgins retires. I find if you copy in a few people in your email, then it is more difficult for them to ignore the question.

Has anybody listed the celtc players who boycotted the celtc boys club trophy and medal presentations way back , and have they been challenged publicly as to their reasons why they backed a known paedophile in protest..... I would imagine they are unwilling to be interviewed and the press conveniently haven't gone near them , they're refusing as are the rest of the cult to even talk about it . Macari who alluded to it has decided to remain quiet. There is something very wrong that this , and the rest of their atrocities remain unreported in our country.
Some people/Institutions and authorities seem to have a lot to hide.

Last edited:
Has anybody listed the celtc players who boycotted the celtc boys club trophy and medal presentations way back , and have they been challenged publicly as to their reasons why they backed a known paedophile in protest..... I would imagine they are unwilling to be interviewed and the press conveniently haven't gone near them , they're as unwilling as the rest of the cult to even talk about it . Even Macari who alluded to it has decided to remain quiet. There is something very wrong that this and the rest of their atrocities remain unreported in our country.

I know it won't happen with the SNP but a law needs to be passed that makes it illegal to NOT inform the authorities if a person KNOWS that there is abuse of children taking place. So if it comes out later that someone knew and said nothing, all of them along with the perpetrator can be booked.

As others have said, it's criminal that you can be called up for singing songs but can get away with performing, condoning or covering up child abuse. Sickening.

I know it won't happen with the SNP but a law needs to be passed that makes it illegal to NOT inform the authorities if a person KNOWS that there is abuse of children taking place. So if it comes out later that someone knew and said nothing, all of them along with the perpetrator can be booked.

As others have said, it's criminal that you can be called up for singing songs but can get away with performing, condoning or covering up child abuse. Sickening.
SFA in their previous policies, changed during the notorious inquiry, quoted this in their legal guidelines.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

They will even remove extracts from legal guidelines to protect that bastardised football team.

SFA in their previous policies, changed during the notorious inquiry, quoted this in their legal guidelines.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

They will even remove extracts from legal guidelines to protect that bastardised football team.
That's right! I forgot about that. If it ever gets done, it needs to be retroactive. But we all know we are fighting an uphill battle currently.

We need to get some blue bloods in Hampden. Souness, McCleish, etc. Only problem with that is they'll start screaming bloody murder if they were to take over and then go after the Separate Entity FC.

Alarm bells started ringing when the Government decided that the RC Church & sporting organisations would not come under the child abuse inquiry that they opened , that in itself is damming when even x managers mentioning in their autobiography's that something was going on Macari even mentioned that he didn't know how to handle it , the Scottish Government, Justice system & Scottish media have a lot to answer for , keep up the good work you's are the only hope the survivor's have as the people in position in Scotland don't seem to care , Well done .

As far as Im aware they didnt specifically exclude any organisation. That would have been too obvious. What they did do was restrict the inquiry to residential settings.

Perhaps someone can confirm this? I think its important to be accurate when discussing this as there are many people out there only to happy to use inaccuracies as a way to counter criticism of the inquiry.

Happy New year to all bears, i haven t been on for a wee while, but i try to keep up, it gladdens me to see the men and woman on here working so hard, to bring men of evil to justice and those who enable and facilitate them as well,
i wish you success in the future, and i salute the efforts and success you have already achieved in outing corrupt people in power, and giving hope to the many victims, keep going you are true Heroes,

I told Police Scotland about this when I gave them a statement about Stevenson in 2016 but I have heard nothing since.
Have you got proof that Stevenson was a good friend of Burns. I have been trying to connect Stevenson to the Celtic group without anything solid.
PM me if you don’t want anything put up on the thread.

Had an interesting conversation with a dim friend of mine last night.

I put to him a simple question: How could celtic sign Simon Donnelly then played him in a boys club that apparrently has nothing to do with celtic?

One he could not...or would not answer.

Think i slapped a wee nerve there?
They just can’t handle it, nor defend it.

Likewise, if they defend Jock Stein by saying he kicked Torbett out in 1974, it raises the following questions that they are unable to answer:-

1) How could someone from CFC kick out someone from CBC if they had no authority on CBC?

2) When the same one was brought back a few years later, why did Jock Stein say and do nothing?

Likewise, if they defend Jock Stein by saying he kicked Torbett out in 1974, it raises the following questions that they are unable to answer:-

1) How could someone from CFC kick out someone from CBC if they had no authority on CBC?

2) When the same one was brought back a few years later, why did Jock Stein say and do nothing?

Two very good questions...particularly the second one?

Was Stein hamstrung from orders above?

Why did stein even tolerate having him around..like many others...knowing what P#1 had done?

This used to be the "boast" about him kicking them out as if he done a good thing. They do not "boast" about that fact now. Strange that....

5 confirmed abusers working at the same place at the same time. Clearly an organised ring was in operation.

There’s the grounds for a public enquiry right there. Why would there not be?

Rhetorical question
An absolute determination to treat them as individuals rather than as a paedophile ring.
Incredible. I would hope the victims' lawyers make this point at their hearings.

We mentioned recently that Spotlight had made a major breakthrough down to the efforts of our researchers.
Today has been another important day. Again I apologise that we can’t give anymore information at this point. What I can say is things are definitely moving forward.
It does frustrate us that we can’t give anymore information out, but I know that every single person that’s followed this understands.
The important thing to remember is that apologist’s are doing everything they can to stop Spotlight. They will go to any length to stop the truth coming out. These people hold positions in the Scottish government and also certain corners of the press that will attempt to deflect the truth.
All we ask, and I know we’ve said it previously is please be patient.
We will answer any questions that we can.

We mentioned recently that Spotlight had made a major breakthrough down to the efforts of our researchers.
Today has been another important day. Again I apologise that we can’t give anymore information at this point. What I can say is things are definitely moving forward.
It does frustrate us that we can’t give anymore information out, but I know that every single person that’s followed this understands.
The important thing to remember is that apologist’s are doing everything they can to stop Spotlight. They will go to any length to stop the truth coming out. These people hold positions in the Scottish government and also certain corners of the press that will attempt to deflect the truth.
Keep up the efforts, you have been rolling a snowball uphill, and you are nearing the crest,and the world will hear the crash when it is pushed over.

Today has been another important day. Again I apologise(1) that we can’t give anymore information at this point. What I can say is things are definitely moving forward.
It does frustrate us that we can’t give anymore information(1) out, but I know that every single person that’s followed this understands.
The important thing to remember is that apologist’s are doing everything they can to stop Spotlight. They will go to any length to stop the truth coming out. These people hold positions in the Scottish government(2) and also certain corners of the press(3) that will attempt to deflect the truth.
(1) Not a problem, we are not entitled other that to know this is an on-going campaign for justice.
(2) WOW, absolutely disgusting.
(3) Well, that's a surprise!

Once this is over I hope you (plural) reveal who (2) and (3) are?

As far as Im aware they didnt specifically exclude any organisation. That would have been too obvious. What they did do was restrict the inquiry to residential settings.

Perhaps someone can confirm this? I think its important to be accurate when discussing this as there are many people out there only to happy to use inaccuracies as a way to counter criticism of the inquiry.

The Enquiry was into the abuse of children in care.

There were several exclusions which included "...children using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis;..."

This has been interpreted as excluding Celtic Boys Club (sports club) and Roman Catholic schools (faith based organisation)."

The enquiry has a more specific remit, and that is the abuse of children in residential care.

So the enquiry will not consider the abuse of children in schools, hospitals, armed forces, living with adoptive parents and others.

The enquiry is not an all out search into every location where children were abused.

In Spotlight we trust. The job you do is exceptional and we await the day when all of your efforts are acknowledged and accepted. Thank you for your perseverance and commitment in light of the negativity and hostility you must receive on an hourly basis.

There were several exclusions which included "...children using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis;..."

This has been interpreted as excluding Celtic Boys Club (sports club) and Roman Catholic schools (faith based organisation)."

The enquiry has a more specific remit, and that is the abuse of children in residential care.

So the enquiry will not consider the abuse of children in schools, hospitals, armed forces, living with adoptive parents and others.

The enquiry is not an all out search into every location where children were abused.
What I can’t get round my head is imagine making anyone or anything “exempt “ from a child abuse enquiry

It just smacks of a cover up in the first place

Leave no stone unturned and get it all out , just what exactly are they hiding and why ?

Maybe we need to add quite a few verses to our song BB ?

Hay
Kelly
McGinn
Burns

And more, of course.
And all the press of the time as well. We'd need the full 90 minutes to get all the names of those who could have stopped this immediately with phonecalls to the Police or exposed it with articles into a chant.

Growing up in East Kilbride, I knew throughout my years at Secondary school in the late 80s and early 90s that if you joined the CBC their was a fair chance you would be abused.

I knew it, my friends knew it and I even remember a PE teacher making a remark to a boy who had a chance to go for a trial.

If all the journalists who were prevalent in that era are trying to tell us that a Rangers supporting boy who spent all his free time divided between his Commodore 64 and playing football at Brancumhall pitches was more ITK about the inner workings of Celtic than they were, then they are either admitting to a shocking level of incompetence or blatant liars.

Thanks for that. I think its important to be accurate when challenging those defending this inquiry. "Children in Care" it is then.

Back