Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I’ve seen a few, let’s say disagreements on this thread recently.
Now of course we have certain apologist journalists here and the usual lurkers.
We also have genuine posters that have joined the thread that haven’t seen previous posts. It’s a massive thread so genuine questions will be asked.
The point I’m trying to make is let’s keep it on the subject of the thread and take personal differences elsewhere. Use the report button for the obvious apologist’s. Don’t engage would be my advice.
We’re touching a nerve.

I've said it a couple of times before mate but it's always worth saying again.

The work you and the rest of the team have done (and continue to do) must be a great comfort to the abused kids and their families.

They must finally feel like there are people fighting their corner.

My own small contribution is to help run my local youth football club and try to ensure it is run properly and free from these beasts.

So thanks again to you and the rest of the Spotlight team.

It is very much appreciated by all right thinking adults.

To be fair a large amount of the filth support don't know about the cbc scandal they think it's us trolling them the younger one's am speaking about they are told it's the H--s talking sh-- e they have covered it up so well over the years barely mentioned in the media circles . Has the filth got anything legal done so this can't be reported , when another one of them go to court it's always a football coach with us Neely & Dunn where mentioned as A coach & scout at Ranger's.

Bollox they don't know. They ALL fucking know but they're programmed to deny it.
And whenever you see any of them counter with shite about any former Rangers coaches tell them to take any evidence they have to the cops and stop posting pish on the internet in pathetic attempts to even things up.

The fact is THEY have 6 convictions - and more on the way - and victims numbering in the hundreds.

There is no valid "comparison" with any other club in world football to what went on at celtc park.
Never let them forget that.

Bollox they don't know. They ALL fucking know but they're programmed to deny it.
And whenever you see any of them counter with shite about any former Rangers coaches tell them to take any evidence they have to the cops and stop posting pish on the internet in pathetic attempts to even things up.

The fact is THEY have 6 convictions - and more on the way - and victims numbering in the hundreds.

There is no valid "comparison" with any other club in world football to what went on at celtc park.
Deflection, deflection,, they clutch at straws and look for and make up shit about other clubs doing the same thing,, no club in the world has done what they have done.

Yeah I agree with you but that the answer you get back off them but but but yous had neely I was in a heated debate with one of them yesterday I mentioned a couple of things that the spotlight group have uncovered & his reply was go & look at the league table you can't debate the cbc issue with them it's as if they all are masters at deflection & denial.

Yeah I agree with you but that the answer you get back off them but but but yous had neely I was in a heated debate with one of them yesterday I mentioned a couple of things that the spotlight group have uncovered & his reply was go & look at the league table you can't debate the cbc issue with them it's as if they all are masters at deflection & denial.

It's not a game mate. It's a serious situation when the guilty have effected so many young guys lives in such a terrible fashion. Don't think of it as a pissing-on exercise like who's team's won more cups or leagues.

If they can't accept the plain facts of the situation dont 'debate" it with them.
As previously stated, they ALL KNOW the truth of it.

Last edited:
Well our First Monster at Holyrood has a very poor memory too and she is at least 30 years younger.
Could we crows fund to pay Cellic back their money to allow a victim to give evidence?
The person who allegedly signed the NDA,should call their bluff and let celtic take them to court....then it will come out.
What is the details of the NDA?
why would the club ask someone to sign it?

That’s where you’re going wrong my friend, you’re discussing paedophilia and they are replying with recent football results, the 2 definitely don’t compare. I remember discussing this issue with you a number of months ago, keep strong brother don’t let their deflections get you down.

The person who allegedly signed the NDA,should call their bluff and let celtic take them to court....then it will come out.
If a child was abused and the parent signed the NDA then the child, now adult, should come forward.

The NDA is not applicable in that case

Spot on EH47.

From time to time we see these claims about former Rangers employees. There’s probably one, and I say probably despite him not being convicted, who carried out illegal acts while at Rangers.

So many others quoted by them, such as a former teacher of mine, are unsubstantiated & bullshit.

Get their evidence out, or STFU, because everything we post is corroborated & validated.

If we were to play their game we would be more than doubling our list.

Spot on EH47.

From time to time we see these claims about former Rangers employees. There’s probably one, and I say probably despite him not being convicted, who carried out illegal acts while at Rangers.

So many others quoted by them, such as a former teacher of mine, are unsubstantiated & bullshit.

Get their evidence out, or STFU, because everything we post is corroborated & validated.

GY, these journos you have spoken to - are they from out-with Scotland or have some of our locals grown a backbone?

Understood if you don't want to give the info out.

I'm new here but have been following this thread for a number of years. Can I ask a question?

Has anyone managed to follow the money in all of this. Has the relationship between Kelly, Whyte, McGinn and Celtic itself's relationship with the owner of the trophy centre and the multi million pound contracts there in been scrutinised seriously?

There must be a paper trail, accounts, contracts and such like. It seems to me and this is only my opinion that some people made a mint out those kids misery and have been left to live out their very comfortable lives in Glasgows leafy suburbia whilst been just as monstrous as the ones who committed the evil acts.

I agree with what you're saying, and am not having a go when I say this, but it's very easy for us who are not in their shoes to say they should come forward.

I can't even imagine what they've lived with and the fear they feel at what will happen to their lives should they come forward.

These victims up til now will have seen very little that encourages them that they'll be heard or taken seriously. The face a prospect of reliving their ordeal just to have it ignored or worse belittled.

I completely agree if more people came forward past those NDAs it would be massive, but I completely understand why people may be afraid to.

That's why I applaud the work of those in this thread for providing a space and reassurance to victims that they're not alone out there.

I really hope the Spotlight team is wary of these new journalists asking questions. This scandal is so deeply embedded in this country that there will be all sorts of individuals using dark arts to stifle and cover up that clubs crimes.
I think we can all be confident that the Spotlight guys are now very worldly-wise.

The involvement of local journos is a bit of a breakthrough(?) although it will be interesting to see what pressure is put on them (editors S.G. Holy Roman Empire etc) to keep it under wraps.

Outside of Scotland - Genie out the bottle.

I'm new here but have been following this thread for a number of years. Can I ask a question?

Has anyone managed to follow the money in all of this. Has the relationship between Kelly, Whyte, McGinn and Celtic itself's relationship with the owner of the trophy centre and the multi million pound contracts there in been scrutinised seriously?

There must be a paper trail, accounts, contracts and such like. It seems to me and this is only my opinion that some people made a mint out those kids misery and have been left to live out their very comfortable lives in Glasgows leafy suburbia whilst been just as monstrous as the ones who committed the evil acts.

One suspects that the "paper trail" went up in a blaze long before the formation of St Patrick's B.C.

I agree with what you're saying, and am not having a go when I say this, but it's very easy for us who are not in their shoes to say they should come forward.

I can't even imagine what they've lived with and the fear they feel at what will happen to their lives should they come forward.

These victims up til now will have seen very little that encourages them that they'll be heard or taken seriously. The face a prospect of reliving their ordeal just to have it ignored or worse belittled.

I completely agree if more people came forward past those NDAs it would be massive, but I completely understand why people may be afraid to.

That's why I applaud the work of those in this thread for providing a space and reassurance to victims that they're not alone out there.

If there was a team photograph of Celtic B.C. from 1991, published in the Celtic View and therefore in the public domain, that would make a very interesting study.

Spot on EH47.

Correst Grigo, I normally ask for proof yet to get any

I think there is one who would come forward but he thinks his family would disown him, and that's the type of people your dealing with - THEY HAVE NO SHAME

I think there is one who would come forward but he thinks his family would disown him, and that's the type of people your dealing with - THEY HAVE NO SHAME
That's incredibly sad.

Imagine a normal person's thought process if their family member had been sexually assaulted - you'd immediately want to kill the person responsible and you'd want, at the very minimum, for them to be jailed for child abuse.

These people don't give a f**k about the child. They're only worried about the good name of the institution that assaulted them.

I know what I'd be telling my family but appreciate it's not always that simple for victims.

Even a profoundly catholic country such as Spain and an area of many celebratory festivals for saints will prosecute the perpetrators of child abuse from "religious " schools and institutions why not Scotland ostensibly a protestant country ?
From today's paper in Granada note allegations are from 70's and 80's mainly.

The Andalusian Prosecutor's Office investigates five cases of assault and sexual abuse of minors in religious institutions​

• The open cases correspond to Granada, Seville, Malaga, Cordoba and Ceuta.
The Andalusian Prosecutor's Office investigates five cases of assault and sexual abuse of minors in religious institutions

The Andalusian Prosecutor's Office investigates five cases of assault and sexual abuse of minors in religious institutions
GHFebruary 14, 2022 - 2:06 p.m.
FACEBOOK TWITTER WHATSAPP TELEGRAM flip board
The Superior Prosecutor's Office of Andalusia , Ceuta and Melilla has communicated to the State Attorney General's Office that it currently has five cases of investigation into assaults and sexual abuse of minors committed within congregations, schools or religious institutions.
The Prosecutor's Offices of Seville, Malaga, Granada and Córdoba have one case open each, plus another in the Ceuta Area Prosecutor's Office.
The one in Seville was presented on February 9 and the reported events date back to the 1970s.
On the other hand, in Cádiz, last week, the media spread another complaint filed in the San Fernand Courts or for events that occurred in the 1980s and, so far, it has not been forwarded to the Prosecutor's Office.

Hugh Knew just said on SSB that Cellic's pre tax profits added to the nest egg of guaranteed CL football next season and the £40M jackpot they will be glowing in the dark.
NO HUGH they could easily compensate their victims who were robbed of their innocence rather than expect any of the Scottish Government through the Nations taxes, Their Insurers again at the expense of other customers . But no mention of that Hugh eh?

Hugh Knew just said on SSB that Cellic's pre tax profits added to the nest egg of guaranteed CL football next season and the £40M jackpot they will be glowing in the dark.
NO HUGH they could easily compensate their victims who were robbed of their innocence rather than expect any of the Scottish Government through the Nations taxes, Their Insurers again at the expense of other customers . But no mention of that Hugh eh?

Was he close to the club?
Yes
Was he close friends with some figures within Celtic?
Yes

The mere fact that keevins has gone full omerta on even having a rational discussion on the subject and going as far as to threaten his resignation from radio clyde if its even brought up suggests he knows more.

What he does know the old rodent will take to his grave im afraid.

I still long for the day we get McGinn and Kelly in front of an independent inquiry, to say that they can't remember no doubt. I would also want to see McCann, Dempsey, White and Grant in front of an inquiry. The current board can recite the "separate entity" mantra all they want, but the links between the direct employees of that club ( scout, kit man, photographer) should really be sufficient to demonstrate the duty of care and the breach of that duty.

On a separate note given the view taken by court authorities in other jurisdictions about the status of an NDA in an assault case I just wonder whether there might be a victim out there willing to go on record where a parent signed the NDA because of the age of the victim?
Whoever is questioning them needs to set them up for the kill. Ask them about the successes back then first. Ask about the European Cup, ask about details about the seasons in which they revel in their success.

Then ask about the details about the abuse that was happening around the same time. And the lengths to which they assisted in covering it up. They may have been coached enough to deny remembering their successes but maybe their pride would over ride and they couldn't help themselves!

I see on the BBC Scotland web that they’re reporting that the monks at the a Christian Brothers in Falkland has been awarded £1.4m for the abuse at the hands of employees at the school.

I haven’t got a clue how to download it
One victim of these scum was awarded £1.4m. Surely this will open the floodgates for more Scottish victims. Also don’t know how to download text but easily found on BBC Scotland website. Harrowing detail.

I see on the BBC Scotland web that they’re reporting that the monks at the a Christian Brothers in Falkland has been awarded £1.4m for the abuse at the hands of employees at the school.

duplicate post. ignore.

Last edited:

If not relevant please delete. However if sums like this are being awarded then I think there will be a few sleepless nights from some over in the east end.

If not relevant please delete. However if sums like this are being awarded then I think there will be a few sleepless nights from some over in the east end.
Scandalous that the evil bastards tried to have the case dismissed because one of the abusers had died, Thankfully the Sheriff wouldn’t connive with their shameful plan. Christian Brothers? The irony.

The Christian Brothers sect, which ran St Ninian's at the time of the abuse, tried to have the civil action thrown out as the death of Brother Ryan meant they could not investigate AB's allegations.
But Sheriff Christopher Dickson dismissed this argument and ordered the Christian Brothers to pay £1.39m in damages in recognition of the lifelong impact on AB, including on his ability to work.

Scandalous that the evil bastards tried to have the case dismissed because one of the abusers had died, Thankfully the Sheriff wouldn’t connive with their shameful plan. Christian Brothers? The irony.

The Christian Brothers sect, which ran St Ninian's at the time of the abuse, tried to have the civil action thrown out as the death of Brother Ryan meant they could not investigate AB's allegations.
But Sheriff Christopher Dickson dismissed this argument and ordered the Christian Brothers to pay £1.39m in damages in recognition of the lifelong impact on AB, including on his ability to work.
Maybe their long game of death and "can't remember" (at convenient times) is not going to wash.

They should be worried.

We investigated the Trophy Centre financials mate.

Unfortunately, a full audit would really be needed to get more data, but we did look.

Maybe their long game of death and "can't remember" (at convenient times) is not going to wash.

They should be worried.
I was delighted the Sheriff dismissed this line of defence. They wanted the case thrown out because one the abusers had died - as if all the evidence rested on this one dead guy! There will be a stack of evidence and testimony from the brave survivors who came forward to tell their stories.

Imagine 70 years ago if someone had said “oh, Hitler’s dead so no point in the Nuremberg trials”.

A desperate and risible defence from people who know the net is closing.

It would be very just indeed if the recent settlement became the benchmark for future payments and all the avoidance and obfuscation tactics, used to frustrate the victims of Celtc boys club, served only to bring their compensation awards under this new level of payment.

Last edited:
One suspects that the "paper trail" went up in a blaze long before the formation of St Patrick's B.C.

If there was a team photograph of Celtic B.C. from 1991, published in the Celtic View and therefore in the public domain, that would make a very interesting study.
If you read through all 783 pages of this thread you’ll see there’s 100s of evidence in the public domain linking the two “entities”

If you read through all 783 pages of this thread you’ll see there’s 100s of evidence in the public domain linking the two “entities”
Worryingly generations have known, many who could have prevented the disastrous escalation of victims.
Which brings the question why ? The institute that is Celtic FC is responsible for the misery inflicted on the vulnerable people that entrusted themselves to their care.
The answers are there ,just no appetite to produce them, no accountability or responsibility. Utterly shameful.

I really hope the Spotlight team is wary of these new journalists asking questions. This scandal is so deeply embedded in this country that there will be all sorts of individuals using dark arts to stifle and cover up that clubs crimes.
Spotlight won’t go public with the apologists that have approached us in the past. Some of them also on here pretending to be something else. We know exactly who they are, and that includes within the press.
In the coming weeks you will see some more movements reference the press in Scotland. Not all of them are apologists but we’re well aware of the ones who are.
Some journalists have also asked to do something on Spotlight. In each case we have declined and will continue to do so. The simple reason is Spotlight are not the story.

Spotlight won’t go public with the apologists that have approached us in the past. Some of them also on here pretending to be something else. We know exactly who they are, and that includes within the press.
In the coming weeks you will see some more movements reference the press in Scotland. Not all of them are apologists but we’re well aware of the ones who are.
Some journalists have also asked to do something on Spotlight. In each case we have declined and will continue to do so. The simple reason is Spotlight are not the story.
Service Not Self is a well-known motto in my family. Kudos, as always.

‘Spotlight is not the story‘. This is exactly what the apologists and journalists looking for a cheap story just don’t get. The victims need justice. Every single one from every organisation that has hidden and enabled these creatures. That’s the the story. Thats the headlines. To many people in power not willing to stick their necks on the line.

It would be very just indeed if the recent settlement became the benchmark for future payments and all the avoidance and obfuscation tactics, used to frustrate the victims of Celtc boys club, served only to bring their compensation awards under this new level of payment.
It's a bit more than the £100k the Scottish govt would like to pay out on behalf of abusers for it to go away (and coincidentally that BBC Scotland have chosen to promote on their news program tonight). But still nowhere near enough to compensate victims for what has happened imo.

Last edited:
Back