Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just a few weeks back, Prince Andrew attempting to have the case thrown out was an admission of guilt.

"Scared to face his day in court"

Bet it's a different story today.
I find it incredible that their defence is " We've lost documents, therefore let's just forget about the whole thing ".

I hope for once, our justice system proves itself worthy of being respected. I also hope that the victims/survivors and their families get their chance to expose the way that club has lied, and disowned them, and through MPs, denied and delayed them their right to challenge that club. I also hope that the sfa are exposed for the role they have played in this scandal too.

Disgusting organisations.

Yes, it’s the victims & their families that matter more than us.

We are just happy to see justice, and closure for these people who have suffered for years.
Spot on GY, this has never been about point scoring as some like to claim. Its about getting justice and hopefully some closure for all those that suffered abuse under that clubs watch.

Well done to all involved in this scandal

At least Lord Arthurson has shown some good morality here and done the right thing

Now it’s down to Thomsons QC to get the cases heard and get proper compensation and closure for the victims

The scum involved need to pay for their dirty deeds

Let’s see how the rest of the SMSM and broadcasters now report on this scandal

No doubt they will try and ignore it or minimise the negative exposure

The whole world should know about this disgusting Paedo ring and Bheast FC should be squirming

No wonder Dom McKay didn’t stay past his probation period. He must have seen this coming down the pipe and knew it was a PR disaster for “a club like no other”

It’s a disgrace they are protected time and time again

6 convicted and some jailed and new court cases pending

Time for these paedos and harbourers to pay for their vile crimes against young boys

I find it incredible that their defence is " We've lost documents, therefore let's just forget about the whole thing ".

I hope for once, our justice system proves itself worthy of being respected. I also hope that the victims/survivors and their families get their chance to expose the way that club has lied, and disowned them, and through MPs, denied and delayed them their right to challenge that club. I also hope that the sfa are exposed for the role they have played in this scandal too.

Disgusting organisations.

They will try any tactic they can to avoid accepting responsibility. The SNP and the SFA need to understand if they continue assist in the cover up they will also be held to account.

The media seem a lot more comfortable recently putting 2 and 2 together and putting things out into the public domain that might not have full answers yet.

Well done to everyone on here who has tried to support the victims, brilliant human beings.

I hope this is the start of the barriers falling well done to those supporting the victims.
The little I can do is to contact sponsors there is a list of emails in the thread.

I have again written to kasper.rorsted@adidas-group.com

email is as follows

I have emailed your organisation and yourself recently regarding your involvement with the above organisation. They are now to face court action over the allegations of paedophile rings ,collusion and cover up of crimes. Do you really want Adidas to be associated with their ongoing attempts to protect their paedophiles and prevent justice for the victims? Is this what Adidas stands for?

I enclose links to the media reporting this morning. In future these reports will also likely focus on those who financially support this rancid organisation.

I would appreciate a reply and hope you realise the seriousness of the allegations

Regards

Borderbluenose

I would encourage all to do the same. Since I sent the email other new organisations reporting send those links as well

I’ll be honest, I was one of the people who never used the CSA thing as a stick to beat them with, as much as I always hoped the victims would get justice. My thoughts being that nobody currently at Celtic was involved and a modern Celtic would surely never have let this happen.

Then the Leigh Griffiths stuff came out. They refused to condone it and still gave him a game. Absolutely disgusting. So, frankly, get it right up them. I hope the victims get the justice they deserve and Celtic have to go through a very expensive series of lawsuits that are incredibly damaging to their reputations.

I have to admit, I had a suspicion that the judge was going to rule in favour of Celtic. Despite the case against them being very strong and a clear link between the two you just cannot trust the Scottish justice system to do the right thing - especially when it comes to that club.

It is good that they've been given the permission to go ahead. However, I am sure Nicola and her SNP will be all over this to ensure it either doesn't progress or justice is not served.

Good luck to them all in getting the justice they deserve.

I have to admit, I had a suspicion that the judge was going to rule in favour of Celtic. Despite the case against them being very strong and a clear link between the two you just cannot trust the Scottish justice system to do the right thing - especially when it comes to that club.

It is good that they've been given the permission to go ahead. However, I am sure Nicola and her SNP will be all over this to ensure it either doesn't progress or justice is not served.

Good luck to them all in getting the justice they deserve.
I'm not sure they need to rely solely on Scottish justice now.

Massive well done to @BN94 @Grigo Yossarian
A great day for the survivors of that hellish institution.

I detest celtic football club and all they stand for. On this day my thoughts are with the victims of this horrible crime and the coverup enacted by that club and others including our government. What I want is for the victims to get the justice that they need. If that facilitates the destruction of that club, more the better, but justice has to be the main aim.

Why is it only 22 former players? and not the 100s involved?

Good to hear the victims will get their day in court.

Had the following response from BT

Thank you for your email regarding your concerns.

We understand that with regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic (which, relate to the period prior to 1997), we have been assured that they take these matters extremely seriously.

As you will no doubt be aware from their previous statements on the matter (the most recent being https://www.celticfc.com/news/17611/ and https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/february/Celtic-FC-Statement/), the Celtic is continuing to deal with these historic matters in a responsible manner.

They have assured us that they also remain fully committed to continuing to prioritise welfare and safeguarding protections for our young people, including working with the Scottish FA and other relevant stakeholders in the game.

Many thanks,

I hope this is the start of the barriers falling well done to those supporting the victims.
The little I can do is to contact sponsors there is a list of emails in the thread.

I have again written to kasper.rorsted@adidas-group.com

email is as follows

I have emailed your organisation and yourself recently regarding your involvement with the above organisation. They are now to face court action over the allegations of paedophile rings ,collusion and cover up of crimes. Do you really want Adidas to be associated with their ongoing attempts to protect their paedophiles and prevent justice for the victims? Is this what Adidas stands for?

I enclose links to the media reporting this morning. In future these reports will also likely focus on those who financially support this rancid organisation.

I would appreciate a reply and hope you realise the seriousness of the allegations

Regards

Borderbluenose

I would encourage all to do the same. Since I sent the email other new organisations reporting send those links as well
It doesn't take much imagination to see how it could be viewed as the sponsorship money input to celtic will be used to pay any results of the class action. Effectively the sponsors would be paying the cost of what celtic did. Fail to see how any sponsor can stand for that and there must be release clauses.

Back