Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This is intersting. It's quite often the case that a FoI request will come back with "we don't have that information" and it's an easy get out to shut things down for many matters.

However, when it opens you up to looking negligent or that you've possibly lied in other responses given, it doesn't have the same outcome that they'd like i.e. "gonnae just stop asking us about that?"

The Scot Govt failure to answer honestly the FOI requests re the CBC child abuse should be escalated to the UK Govt

It’s time the SNP led Scot Gov was forced to answer questions under oath by an external police force as PS is not trustworthy given the SNP grip on PS

The failure to answer questions on the child abuse at CFC is an utter disgrace

Time these bastards were held to account

The SNP are up to their necks in this. How can any adult act the way that they and many others have done, when kids have been abused. There is no excuse big enough. Don't give me the line about saving the good name of so and so coz their names are already dirt if you put that above children. Phuckin monsters the lot of them

Considering that a family member was involved in the previous reporting of the abuse (her uncle IIRC), if anybody should have been motivated to do the right thing then it should have been her.

Her failure to include football clubs is akin to withholding information in order to prejudice an investigation.

Considering that a family member was involved in the previous reporting of the abuse (her uncle IIRC), if anybody should have been motivated to do the right thing then it should have been her.

Her failure to include football clubs is akin to withholding information in order to prejudice an investigation.

Yes, Iain Ferguson is her uncle & was the lead guy in those 1996 articles by the Daily Record LTD.

The express really going for the jugular, much like Marc Horne at the Times did before and as others should have / should be.

Well done the Express
I think everyone knows the seperate entity ' 'argument' is absolute nonsense - a claim they have been clinging onto for many, many years.

I suspect SOME elements of the media were truly astonished and appalled that celtic are putting their survivors through this and then turning up in front of a judge and putting forward a 'defence' of we have absolutely nothing to back up that claim (despite using it for Years!) so please dismiss this case as we won't be able to get a fair trial (translate to we won't be able to defend that claim).

Truly breath taking, an absolute slap in the face the survivors as well as a showing utter contempt for the law and to top that they tried to use this abomination of a game in Australia to try and 'bury bad news'

I can only think that Celtic want to drag out this thing as long as humanly possible as they are hoping paedophiles connected to their club both known and as yet unknown will die to celtics obvious advantage.

I can only think that Celtic want to drag out this thing as long as humanly possible as they are hoping paedophiles connected to their club both known and as yet unknown will die to celtics obvious advantage.

And/or drag it out so that Kevin Kelly and Jack McGinn in particular do not have to give evidence in court or at an independent public inquiry or at least appear there

On that piece in the Record regarding the shameful pact made in a Boston Airport i found this interesting.

After that meeting I immediately contacted Celtic, but it was the Glasgow Fair and I had a terrible job trying to get a hold of people.

"I tried Jack McGinn, Jimmy Farrell (Celtic directors), but could not get them. I then phoned Sean McMullen and Bobby Creilly, two other boys' club officials.

Why would he be phoning Celtic & 2 Celtic directors if it was a seperate entity and nothing to do with Celtic FC?

The general thought of their fan base is that there are 22 cases to answer to and Celtic have £5.5 million put aside for this.

Rubbish!
The "general thought" of their fan base is the whole thing is a complete fallacy dreamed up by the hun media to besmirch their good name because they're top of the league.
There's not one shred of evidence that I've ever seen that a single one of the sleazy badtards has ever conceded what in fact went on.
Not a fucking single one.

Rubbish!
The "general thought" of their fan base is the whole thing is a complete fallacy dreamed up by the hun media to besmirch their good name because they're top of the league.
There's not one shred of evidence that I've ever seen that a single one of the sleazy badtards has ever conceded what in fact went on.
Not a fucking single one.
OK if you say so mate. I'm just saying what I've seen , whether you believe it or not is up to you.

Another thing that does not add up?

Jock Stein was a football manager.

Jock Stein i very much doubt would have had the power to hand out personal permission to use the club name and crest in such a willy nilly fashion to a complete stranger to himself after just one meeting?

Did Stein speak to someone higher up the chain first before Stein sealed the deal?

At least this sort of thing is now seeing the light of day.
Question being when will tha bastards cave in and start addressing the issue?

So the Scottish government decided to exclude sporting institutions from their inquiry into CSA - despite pleas before and during it to include it. An inquiry that appears to be still on going and were there has been multiple resignations from panel members who claimed their positions were untenable due to interference from the SNP government.

Instead the sfa have asked the survivors and their families to put their faith in the inquiry led by / paid by the SFA. In effect they are in part investigating themselves.

The sfa led enquiry took 5 years to complete. Lord alone knows why it took the sfa 2.5 years to go from in interim report to final report (but apparently it was so they could implement some of the recommendations of the interim report - any evidence of these being implemented?). There were many serious doubts and questions raised by many people and groups about the suitably of the person the sfa chose to lead their 'investigation'.

This report if I recall correctly was a actually shared with celtic before it was published and changes they wanted were implemented.

According to the article above

'In the majority of cases, the review found no one in the game had concrete evidence of abuse at the time but it said there were varying levels of suspicion that could have been acted on.'

How convenient.

Also according to the article above

'The Scottish Government will consider next steps when the final report is published.'

I don't trust either the SNP or the SFA to even remotely try and do the right thing for the victims, survivors or their loved ones.

Last edited:

Jock Stein i very much doubt would have had the power to hand out personal permission to use the club name and crest in such a willy nilly fashion to a complete stranger to himself after just one meeting?

Did Stein speak to someone higher up the chain first before Stein sealed the deal?

In my opinion this goes up to the board and chairmen.

The Scot Govt failure to answer honestly the FOI requests re the CBC child abuse should be escalated to the UK Govt

It’s time the SNP led Scot Gov was forced to answer questions under oath by an external police force as PS is not trustworthy given the SNP grip on PS

The failure to answer questions on the child abuse at CFC is an utter disgrace

Time these bastards were held to account
The UK government are better at coverups than the SNP. Would be no use asking them. Though they could use it as a convenient dead cat to distract from their own issues.

So the Scottish government decided to exclude sporting institutions from their inquiry into CSA - despite pleas before and during it to include it. An inquiry that appears to be still on going and were there has been multiple resignations from panel members who claimed their positions were untenable due to interference from the SNP government.

Instead the sfa have asked the survivors and their families to put their faith in the inquiry led by / paid by the SFA. In effect they are in part investigating themselves.

The sfa led enquiry took 5 years to complete. Lord alone knows why it took the sfa 2.5 years to go from in interim report to final report (but apparently it was so they could implement some of the recommendations of the interim report - any evidence of these being implemented?). There were many serious doubts and questions raised by many people and groups about the suitably of the person the sfa chose to lead their 'investigation'.

This report if I recall correctly was a actually shared with celtic before it was published and changes they wanted were implemented.

According to the article above

'In the majority of cases, the review found no one in the game had concrete evidence of abuse at the time but it said there were varying levels of suspicion that could have been acted on.'

How convenient.

Also according to the article above

'The Scottish Government will consider next steps when the final report is published.'

I don't trust either the SNP or the SFA to even remotely try and do the right thing for the victims, survivors or their loved ones.
The whole set up is an absolute disgrace.

Just one cover up after another.

All of this to protect a football club which in turn keeps the nats core support on board.

The UK government are better at coverups than the SNP. Would be no use asking them. Though they could use it as a convenient dead cat to distract from their own issues.

Well maybe they would at least comment on it and install a proper independent inquiry and not the whitewash SFA kid on one

The fact Sturgeon Useless Swinney Dornan have ignored and blocked victims and their families is astonishing

I’d rather the UK Govt took over as the SNP led jumped up councillors have zero empathy or concern for victims and their families

The UK Govt might not be the best but phuck me I’d rather they took over as this mhob in Holyrood are doing more to cover up the CSA at Parkpaed than they are to get the truth out

He certainly did BB.

Fz3T6Fp.jpg

The U.K. government is at least further distanced from the events which the “Scottish Government” seem so keen to kick into the long grass.
At U.K. Level the vested interest is diluted so it makes good sense to ask them to review.
There’s nothing Political about asking the U.K. Government to push for an independent enquiry, it simply makes good sense.

I'm positive the finalised SFA report actually praises the Bheasts for the child protection procedures they have in place.

So, not only did the report go to extreme lengths to avoid commenting specifically on the scandals that took place at that club within theor report, it then uses the report to specifically praise them.

That's how far this disgrace has went.

Back