Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

In my opinion this goes up to the board and chairmen.
No doubt about that.
There is something in this thread that McGinn was told by a priest that something wasn’t right.
(I can’t remember the exact post but that was the jist of it.)

So the Scottish government decided to exclude sporting institutions from their inquiry into CSA - despite pleas before and during it to include it. An inquiry that appears to be still on going and were there has been multiple resignations from panel members who claimed their positions were untenable due to interference from the SNP government.

Instead the sfa have asked the survivors and their families to put their faith in the inquiry led by / paid by the SFA. In effect they are in part investigating themselves.

The sfa led enquiry took 5 years to complete. Lord alone knows why it took the sfa 2.5 years to go from in interim report to final report (but apparently it was so they could implement some of the recommendations of the interim report - any evidence of these being implemented?). There were many serious doubts and questions raised by many people and groups about the suitably of the person the sfa chose to lead their 'investigation'.

This report if I recall correctly was a actually shared with celtic before it was published and changes they wanted were implemented.

According to the article above

'In the majority of cases, the review found no one in the game had concrete evidence of abuse at the time but it said there were varying levels of suspicion that could have been acted on.'

How convenient.

Also according to the article above

'The Scottish Government will consider next steps when the final report is published.'

I don't trust either the SNP or the SFA to even remotely try and do the right thing for the victims, survivors or their loved ones.
Votes are at stake so they will continue to do nothing

No doubt about that.
There is something in this thread that McGinn was told by a priest that something wasn’t right.
(I can’t remember the exact post but that was the jist of it.)

McGinns brother was a preist

McGinns brother also kicked out P#2 from an Uddingston youth side 10 years before he joined Celtic.

Did it just slip his mind to inform Jack McGinn..his own brother that P#2 was a wrong yin?

McGinns brother was a preist

McGinns brother also kicked out P#2 from an Uddingston youth side 10 years before he joined Celtic.

Did it just slip his mind to inform Jack McGinn..his own brother that P#2 was a wrong yin?
The theme is there for all who want to see.
Disturbingly the pattern emerges from the theatre of screams, it's not an isolated case, the place is infested with paedophiles preying on the innocent people who wanted to just play football.
Decades of disgusting debauchery, covered up by equally disgusting organisations.
A club like no other indeed.

Last edited:
Votes are at stake so they will continue to do nothing
You would think that a party/Government who catered for EVERY citizen would gain more votes for their ultimate goal as showing the fair and progressive policies they would maintain for all, and encourage themselves as being a first choice.
Political parties used to categorize people based on status -
Labour - traditional working class (declining)
Conservative - the middle/rich bracket.
Lib/Dem - those not interested in Politics
Greens - sycophantic Natsi's and a waste of oxygen.
SNP - for the brainwashed xenophobic bigots.
However the lack of governance with Labour since Blair/Brown stepped down led to a lack of backing for Labour and the(working class )Scots then voted SNP as a protest vote. With the T.U. movement being strongly Catholic reps /shop stewards hereditary due to always being hard done to, comes natural to them.
Again as we see the mhedia controlled by SNP and they have brought their buddies into that clique over CSA.

In my opinion no political organisation wants to deal with this issue. In fact no organisation or potential guilty human being wants to deal with this because child abuse goes far too deep within every society in our world. It’s been going on for thousands of years but certain people have decided that in today’s society that enough is enough. Unfortunately the cowards concerned are now “on the run.” Personally, as someone who was abused as a child but who has taken the decision never to abuse anyone else, child or adult, I have absolutely nothing to lose. Why? Because I am honest. If anyone else reading this, who might feel pressured by society thinks that they are innocent then why not speak up? Unless of course you feel that you have something to hide.
Religious? What kind of a God do you believe in who condones abusing children?
Politicians? Who gave you the right to stand above the law?
The media? Who owns you that you find it ok to be silent on such matters?
I live in a tragic little country led,politically, by cowards but I will never stop doing what I do to help others who have asked for my help.

In my opinion no political organisation wants to deal with this issue. In fact no organisation or potential guilty human being wants to deal with this because child abuse goes far too deep within every society in our world. It’s been going on for thousands of years but certain people have decided that in today’s society that enough is enough. Unfortunately the cowards concerned are now “on the run.” Personally, as someone who was abused as a child but who has taken the decision never to abuse anyone else, child or adult, I have absolutely nothing to lose. Why? Because I am honest. If anyone else reading this, who might feel pressured by society thinks that they are innocent then why not speak up? Unless of course you feel that you have something to hide.
I live in a tragic little country led,politically, by cowards but I will never stop doing what I do to help others who have asked for my help.
Good post mate. Sorry to hear that you have had personal experience but well done with speaking out and helping others. Strength be with you.

The base line with all of this is the connection with the Roman Catholic Church. It has been proved to be involved in the cover up of peodofilia time and time again. Celtic's involvement comes as no surprise, given it's background.

The most disturbing thing of all is the Scottish political and the medias lack of interest to help the victims of Celtic. Why are they not doing anything?

Last edited:
The base line with all of this is the connection with the Roman Catholic Church. It has been proved to be involved in the cover up of peadiofiloa time and time again. Celtic's involvement comes as no surprise, given it's background.

The most disturbing thing of all is the Scottish political and the medias lack of interest to help the victims of Celtic. Why are they not doing anything?
Self interest. Simple as that.

An awful lot of people have enabled both the abuse and the decades of cover-ups.

To the amazing Spotlight Team, BN94 and Grigo Yossarian, has there been any attempt to have copies of what was said by Jim McCafferty when he handed himself into the Police.

Would I be right in saying that if he was confessing his sins, naming names and describing the horrible events that he was involved in, then surely the Police would be recording everything that he had to say.

This was a man that appeared on social media before he went into the Police Station baring his soul to all and sundry, looking for some kind of redemption and forgiveness.

My apologies to you all if this has already been covered, your relentless efforts are incredible, stay strong and I am confident sometime soon you will win this fight for Justice.

Fantastic words RD.

If only the world could read this.

He certainly did BB.

Fz3T6Fp.jpg
That's interesting as have never seen these details on how CBC started.

Was Mount Youth a new club started by the person redacted in green above?

Was there anyone else involved in starting Mount Youth?

Are any of the Mount Youth players still around and were any abused?

Did the person in green know any of Celtic officials before asking them about starting CBC?

On a side note, who started the Trophy Centre business and did it start up before CBC?

I'm positive the finalised SFA report actually praises the Bheasts for the child protection procedures they have in place.

So, not only did the report go to extreme lengths to avoid commenting specifically on the scandals that took place at that club within theor report, it then uses the report to specifically praise them.

That's how far this disgrace has went.
That could be why there was a delay in publishing the final report - allow celtic to say they have put procedures in place and put a positive spin on it for them.

We always try to keep the thread up to date as much as we can. Yesterday Spotlight had another major breakthrough going forward.
Again, we apologise that we can’t go into too much detail, but we can assure you that it’s in the correct hands.
You will also see more coming out in the press in the near future.

'Frank Cairy' - oh dear.
As some of you know, I worked in this business for a long time.
It is likely a genuine inputting error but could have happened at Thompsons end or that of the Daily Record.
If it was an error by the paper, the advertiser will get a re-print free of charge with the correct spelling in another edition.
Newspaper errors tend to work in favour of advertisers rather than against them.
If there was incorrect spelling in copy received from Thompsons then the law firm will have to bear the cost of a re-print in another edition with the correct spelling.

As some of you know, I worked in this business for a long time.
It is likely a genuine inputting error but could have happened at Thompsons end or that of the Daily Record.
If it was an error by the paper, the advertiser will get a re-print free of charge with the correct spelling in another edition.
Newspaper errors tend to work in favour of advertisers rather than against them.
If there was incorrect spelling in copy received from Thompsons then the law firm will have to bear the cost of a re-print in another edition with the correct spelling.
Absolutely. If its a newspaper error then having it repeated free of charge could work in the Solicitor's favour. Two for the price of one, if you like.

If it’s the newspaper’s fault then the person who typed it should have their hard drive checked, these small issues happen often even in the PF office , then again it could be a genuine mistake

I wouldn’t trust the DR as far as I could throw them mate.

CDC has contacted them, so it will be resolved now, but there’s no way they are getting out of this on a technicality if we can help
It.

I'm positive the finalised SFA report actually praises the Bheasts for the child protection procedures they have in place.

So, not only did the report go to extreme lengths to avoid commenting specifically on the scandals that took place at that club within theor report, it then uses the report to specifically praise them.

That's how far this disgrace has went.
Haven't read the report for some time, but the SFA seemed to be setting themselves up as the fall guy here, and accepting blame for CSA cases on behalf of all football clubs.
All blame and liability then to be evenly distributed around every club.

Last edited:
Back