Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Is Penfold meant to be up in Court as a witness of some sort then?

I've seen it alluded to a couple of times but was never sure of how serious his knowledge might be.

I would be making sure Audit Scotland checked his expenses claim forms post 07/03/2022 as we know what he is is like!
Has a habit of making up false claims ....Lothian Buses, Rangers players sing song, offering help to abuse victim pre election then blocking him post election, receiving (his own) abusive email, vandalism by a set of one out of four supporters groups in his midden over a weekend vanadalising his named sign outside his bolt/hidey hole etc , etc.
Would not trust him as far as I could throw the fat lump....he ain't Bobby Sands weight is he?
Or was that anti Irish Republican Catholic Terrorist hate speech?
It would be by next week if not, if only he was fit to work.
Hope it is nothing too minor Mr Dormant or perhaps KARMA!

Haven't read the report for some time, but the SFA seemed to be setting themselves up as the fall guy here, and accepting blame for CSA cases on behalf of all football clubs.
All blame and liability then to be evenly distributed around every club.

I'm sure they aired a proposal at one point of a fund that every club would pay into to cover subsequent compensation claims.

Can't remember exactly how I came across this but I am 100% positive this was the case.
Which as you say, seems to be their helpers promoting the "its every clubs issue" mantra with the sole aim of helping the Bheasts moving forward

If you look back at the Review, they used 2 of 6 convicted paedophiles at Celtic as examples, yet used an example at Rangers who hadn’t been convicted.

They claimed they didn’t have proof that Hibs knew about Neely, and they did. SFA President Petrie of Hibs.

I’ll let you do the maths, as they say.
The defendant in this class action is very clearly named. The SFA won't be getting any pennies to pay any bill from other clubs.

If you look back at the Review, they used 2 of 6 convicted paedophiles at Celtic as examples, yet used an example at Rangers who hadn’t been convicted.

They claimed they didn’t have proof that Hibs knew about Neely, and they did. SFA President Petrie of Hibs.

They can’t get away with that. No other club would agree. This is systematic abuse at one club and one club only

As we all know Hibs passed Neely on to Us with obviously a good reference having parted company due to gross misconduct. Does this not break employment law and should Hibs be due in court?

The defendant in this class action is very clearly named. The SFA won't be getting any pennies to pay any bill from other clubs.
Good, as it should be.
Its the fact they promoted the " fund" concept as a way of saying this is everyone's problem to try & deflect from a clear paedophile ring & a certain clubs involvement just shows the lengths they are prepared to go to

Is Penfold meant to be up in Court as a witness of some sort then?

I've seen it alluded to a couple of times but was never sure of how serious his knowledge might be.

No mate. His son played for them back in that peak paedo time & he’s made comments that he knew something wasn’t right but he didn’t realise the magnitude of it.

He’s just another apologist but I don’t see any reason to think he’ll be called.

Good, as it should be.
Its the fact they promoted the " fund" concept as a way of saying this is everyone's problem to try & deflect from a clear paedophile ring & a certain clubs involvement just shows the lengths they are prepared to go to

They have M.O. for this....the " but look at theim" and its no just us excuses will arise in the case..stand on me!

Only one club fired & rehired a known abuser

Only one club gave employment to a convicted abuser.

Only one club lied in at least two(and these are documented) cases of the reasons why these beasts left with thier integrity intact and no police involvement.and had the audacity to use the same lie twice of "pressure of work".

Only one club a multitude from Steins time to Burns of managers that knew and did nothing to stop the abuse.

Have you guessed who it is yet?

Anyone?

People of a catholic persuasion think more of there cult than they do of anyone who was raped molested and abused mentally and physically by their priests men of god my arse not one of there priests imo is a good man either was a predator or an enabler or at best turned a blind eye . What happened to when i was young in govan and penilee seeing priest walking the streets to drop in on the bead rattlers you know what families wont let the bastards through there door .

No mate. His son played for them back in that peak paedo time & he’s made comments that he knew something wasn’t right but he didn’t realise the magnitude of it.

He’s just another apologist but I don’t see any reason to think he’ll be called.

Yeah, I knew the background to his "involvement"

Just wondered if there was a link to his new absence and what was going on.

Under what grounds would the SFA accept full responsibility for the enablers and harbourers?
Not having a suitable fit & proper test in place that could open up floodgates we could sue them for not not fully investigating White the carpet bagger and his dodgy financial dealing background and letting him get the keys to Ibrox.
Murray can sell the Club to him but the SFA are responsible to let him take over , Putin has financial resources would he pass the fit & proper test Mr Petrie?

Under what grounds would the SFA accept full responsibility for the enablers and harbourers?
Not having a suitable fit & proper test in place that could open up floodgates we could sue them for not not fully investigating White the carpet bagger and his dodgy financial dealing background and letting him get the keys to Ibrox.
Murray can sell the Club to him but the SFA are responsible to let him take over , Putin has financial resources would he pass the fit & proper test Mr Petrie?
An argument for another day.

His comments were he knew what was going on but if he knew how bad he would have said something...personally I think that is worth a call.

Well done Jordan Shepherd, well done spotlight.

dog-bone-safety-thumbnail-1440x792.jpg

Haven't read the report for some time, but the SFA seemed to be setting themselves up as the fall guy here, and accepting blame for CSA cases on behalf of all football clubs.
All blame and liability then to be evenly distributed around every club.
All the clubs would then hopefully resign from the SFA and start their own league.
I know it won't happen but that's what they should be doing.

If the snp and sfa weren’t nervous before,they also should be looking over their shoulders now.amazing work as ever team.
No chance these complicit rats are nervous.

They had the chance to sanction a proper investigation but excluded sports clubs to ensure they didn't lose votes from their republican chums.

And the Chief Mammy couldn't give a stuff; but see if you were a witch in the 16-1700's, well she'd be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

Not surprising really, I would expect more again unfortunately.
There’s definitely more. We know of some that haven’t come forward. This can be for many reasons. One gentleman that we spoke to said he has grown up children now and couldn’t put them through it. That has to be respected.
The damage that these bastards have caused is horrific, and that club have quite simply turned their back on these brave men. There will be more to come out. We guarantee this.

Have been AWOL on FF past month or two, so apologies for missing the fitba chat.

But I just want to say this past week has given me a little glimmer of hope this country isn’t completely corrupt. The effort and time the Spotlight folk have put in to simply get some closure for the victims is beyond admirable.

C*ltic have to atone for their crimes, and their fans have to go through a period of self reflection like we had to. In saying that bumping your tax is completely and morally different from child trafficking.
If that club are to survive then it needs guttted from bottom to top, compensation should only be the start.

The politicians and medias head should roll also as much as C*ltic. Anyone who’s worked in either industry knows the kind of information they sit on. To them it’s just content to use for whenever an agenda suits them.

In a way I hope everyone can move on.

Or just raze Parkhead to the ground and be done with the pantomime.

Back