Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Imagine living with that your whole adult life.

Probably went from confident and cocky young talented footballers to withdrawn and angry young men.
The consequences of this scandal will run long into the memory of the sporting world, those affected still with us are deserving of much better, those no longer here must never be forgotten.
The generations of young footballers abused at the hands of Celtic FC are a national tragedy waiting for justice.

The guy that can’t remember anything about the past?

It’s absolutely shameful..
Experience tells us that forgetfulness is a trait among child abusers. Their response is often to scream “liar!” as loud as they can. What a pathetic defence. During the police investigation into my claims he screamed it as loud as he did when I was 4 years old. I invited him to sue me. He didn’t and still won’t even though he knows I have a book coming out which he’s terrified of.
Think about it. If someone accused me of something that I didn’t do I would hound them to the end of the earth for it, as would most decent people.
All these people want is for it all to go away and include enablers and protectors in that.
It needn’t have happened in the first place if they had managed to keep their genitalia away from children.
I, again, wish massive success to all those involved, victims, survivors, their loved ones and the Spotlight team.

Scottish Sun now running the story..

Not one for usually saying this but everyone should give this link a hit, the more hits the higher it will stay in the limelight.

Anecdotally how many may there realistically be?

Almost impossible to tell I know as many have never shared their horrific trauma and others won't come forward, but how many may end up getting the justice they deserve? And how many may miss out?
In all honesty it’s hard to tell. Only this morning we’ve been speaking with another survivor that’s coming forward.

Last edited:
BBC Scotland has just featured a charming wee story with a Primary three wee boy who is petitioning Holyrood for free water bottles.
The first minister did not miss the photo opportunity.

Well, First Minister, close your eyes and imagine that wee boy was just a few years older and full of excitement at signing for Celtc Boys Club

It´s a class action law suit, so obviously the money means something along with justice of course.
Ok...so you're in their shoes,you've been sexually abused,raped and grew up with that sordid thought eating away at you inside for decades,not being able to confide in anyone from your parents,your wife,your kids,your friends,making you depressed or suicidal....what price do you think that life of anguish is worth?.....you can't put a price to it.

Ok...so you're in their shoes,you've been sexually abused,raped and grew up with that sordid thought eating away at you inside for decades,not being able to confide in anyone from your parents,your wife,your kids,your friends,making you depressed or suicidal....what price do you think that life of anguish is worth?.....you can't put a price to it.

If you think the lawyers and victims aren´t going into it with a price in mind you don´t have an understanding of how this works.

I´m not suggesting the money makes up for it.

To be fair, I don't think he's saying the money will make everything better.

I think his point is legally what is is they're looking for in the court. "Justice" is fine, but what is justice defined as in this case. Usually there would be a monetary value attached to the proceedings.

I don't think he's trying to understate what happened to those poor victims.

At last the wheels are turning thanks in a massive part to Spotlight who from it's inception have been themselves harassed and abused online. When it comes down to it when a wrong has been committed justice is a jail term or monetary award, I believe that every surviver would have just wanted a normal life but had this stolen from them by evil and a club that protected that evil and a government that protected that club. This horrendous story should have stopped many many years ago but previous governments and owner's of that club buried it in the hope that the survivors would give up or worse. We can all be sure going by their past behaviour that the only thing that this evil organisation cares for is money and with that in mind I hope every surviver comes forward for their pound of flesh and that this sporting disgrace of a club is eventually closed down.

BBC Scotland has just featured a charming wee story with a Primary three wee boy who is petitioning Holyrood for free water bottles.

Well, First Minister, close your eyes and imagine that wee boy was just a few years older and full of excitement at signing for Celtc Boys Club
Before I retired I worked with care experienced kids. The chief mammy never missed a chance to include them in her photo shoots. I always walked away and left them to it because these poor kids thought that pathetic excuse for a human being was going to stand up for them. She didn’t. It was all just an excuse for photos.
If the first minister would like to challenge me on this I am more than happy to accommodate her.

I’d suggest that while the money may be meagre compensation for the abuse suffered by victims, a guilty verdict that comes along with it will be the main focus and goal. Compensation can be paid by insurers and may cost short to mid term cash issues for them. A guilty verdict’s a tarnish that will never go away

And as a wee encore:

I bet Mark Hollinshead has a story worth telling that would embarrass a few rats over at the Knew Camp.

I’d suggest that while the money may be meagre compensation for the abuse suffered by victims, a guilty verdict that comes along with it will be the main focus and goal. Compensation can be paid by insurers and may cost short to mid term cash issues for them. A guilty verdict’s a tarnish that will never go away
There are no guilty verdicts in civil cases.
Without any doubt, the scum’s lawyers will soon want to negotiate a settlement before this gets to court.
I suspect many of the victims will be prepared to accept what would be an awful lot of money for them without having to go through the trauma of standing before a court and saying what happened to them.
They would face the ordeal of being questioned by the lawyers for the scum in the court room and that’s a horrible prospect for anyone.
The good news is that I suspect the leading campaigners will not agree to a settlement without the scum admitting culpability as well as paying agreed damages.
The good news about class actions is that there is power in groups.
The not so good news is that if a majority want to settle out of court then sometimes the whole story is never actually told.
What is almost certain now is that the scum will be paying multi millions in damages as well as multi millions in legal fees.
I only hope, for the sake of the victims who were affected, that the campaigners can initiate an action in the US courts in respect of the allegations that relate to abuse in New Jersey.

The precedent was set last month 1.4 million per victim.

Just worth noting that case whilst a precedent, is also the highest amount ever paid out.

I couldn't possibly claim to know enough as to whether it would be similar, more or less, but just pointing out that's the highest amount on record in Scotland paid to one individual i believe, so may be a high end figure.

Just worth noting that case whilst a precedent, is also the highest amount ever paid out.

I couldn't possibly claim to know enough as to whether it would be similar, more or less, but just pointing out that's the highest amount on record in Scotland paid to one individual i believe, so may be a high end figure.
That's what the solicitors should be aiming for at least.

What is certain is that the scum’s lawyers want to keep it in the Scottish courts as damages awards seem to be lower in Scotland.
The option will exist if the damages are considered too low, if the victims agree, to go to the UK supreme court on the basis that Scottish justice is iniquitous in comparison to what would be the case elsewhere in the UK.

Yesterday NIcola sturgeon on behalf of the scottish government gave 'a formal apology to people accused of witchcraft between the 16th and 18th centuries, many of whom were executed'.

There are no guilty verdicts in civil cases.
Without any doubt, the scum’s lawyers will soon want to negotiate a settlement before this gets to court.
I suspect many of the victims will be prepared to accept what would be an awful lot of money for them without having to go through the trauma of standing before a court and saying what happened to them.
They would face the ordeal of being questioned by the lawyers for the scum in the court room and that’s a horrible prospect for anyone.
The good news is that I suspect the leading campaigners will not agree to a settlement without the scum admitting culpability as well as paying agreed damages.
The good news about class actions is that there is power in groups.
The not so good news is that if a majority want to settle out of court then sometimes the whole story is never actually told.
What is almost certain now is that the scum will be paying multi millions in damages as well as multi millions in legal fees.
I only hope, for the sake of the victims who were affected, that the campaigners can initiate an action in the US courts in respect of the allegations that relate to abuse in New Jersey.

Negotiating points for a settlement:

* Payments and schedule
* Statement of culpability and apology
* Fate of other victims, perpetrators not in class action
* Confidentiality clauses - can the victims tell their stories in books/press.
* Plan going forward to avoid repeat.

The hollicom news put a pretty big smile on my face.
Too me that is a massive pat on the back to all the people who are involved in fighting this disgusting stain on scottish society,
I would normally feel sorry for somebody losing their job,
but in this case i rejoice in the demise of these enabler's,
" i was only doing my Job" doesnt cut it , when your job is too cover up the biggest paedophile scandal in World sporting history and invent lies about people who wish to expose the vermin, and i hope the directors of this putrid company lose everything,homes marriages the lot for that is nothing to what the survivors lost and can never have back, once again well done to those involved fighting the sick barstats

Yesterday NIcola sturgeon on behalf of the scottish government gave 'a formal apology to people accused of witchcraft between the 16th and 18th centuries, many of whom were executed'.

Priorities eh?

It's easy to apologise to victims of something that happened 500 years ago and nobody can account for it now...but we have real current day victims of heinous crimes looking for help now being met with silence.

Maybe they'll get an apology for the neglect of this issue in 2522 at this rate.

Headlines in Australia should read Australian Soccer welcomes worlds biggest Child Abuse Club. For 50 plus years rape and abuse of children by beasts has been going on in the club and covered up by enablers at all levels.Welcome Celtic FC.
I wouldn’t be surprised if by the time they get to Australia if the shit has hit the fan they will be vilified everywhere they go

Lets hope

Back