Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This op started 19th May 2019, pre-pandemic.
Before anyone asks me "what's your point"
My point is the beasts from the east clearly have the ability to kick this rotten can down the road, 3 years and counting.
You need to take into account the effect of covid on this too mate, it's beginning to show signs of moving now with the cases being mentioned in the last few months.
Hopefully the victims have their day with closure and the name of Celtic will forever be tarred with this cover up and a reputation totally destroyed.

The fact that Torbett got in as a 19 year old with no football experience says to me that it goes back further than him. Someone within celtic is likely to have placed him in that job.

Have also heard that Brother Walfrid was kicked out of Ireland. Unsure if true or if anyone knows the reasons.
I don't think you'd need to look much further than the then Chairman.

Who else would have sanctioned the setting up of a Boys Club?

As previously stated, AFAIK Neely didnt work with kids ever again after leaving Rangers. Take from that what you will.

It has also been stated on this thread that there is likely to be a well known former player who will come out as having been a victim of Neely and that certain well known Rangers did not cover themselves in glory in regards to the case.

We need to wait and see but as long as the club faces up to its obligations and any victim(s) get justice, that is paramount.

As previously stated, AFAIK Neely didnt work with kids ever again after leaving Rangers. Take from that what you will.

It has also been stated on this thread that there is likely to be a well known former player who will come out as having been a victim of Neely and that certain well known Rangers did not cover themselves in glory in regards to the case.

We need to wait and see but as long as the club faces up to its obligations and any victim(s) get justice, that is paramount.
RE: your last line. If this is the case then there wouldn't be any need for it to come out. The only reason it would come out is if it's not dealt with and they want to put pressure on the club to pay. So you have to expect that the club is already fighting it for reasons known only to them at the moment.

The fact that Torbett got in as a 19 year old with no football experience says to me that it goes back further than him. Someone within celtic is likely to have placed him in that job.

Have also heard that Brother Walfrid was kicked out of Ireland. Unsure if true or if anyone knows the reasons.
The religion of Torbett is significant as well. Apart from Stein no other non Catholic had had any control in the club during its previous 80+ years. Few have since.

Before I start I am not an SNP voter.

The SNP are a disgrace for not calling for a full investigation into this scandal but remember previous Scottish Governments and UK Governments have also failed to do an investigation into this.

That sets alarm bells off in my head that the head of the snake is far too important to be exposed and the ones getting convicted now are merely the bottom of the pecking order.

Let's hope the victims get the justice they deserve.

This op started 19th May 2019, pre-pandemic.
Before anyone asks me "what's your point"
My point is the beasts from the east clearly have the ability to kick this rotten can down the road, 3 years and counting.
We’re finding more even as I type this. What you have to understand is these things take time.
When we get a name then research has to be done, and please believe me covid didn’t help.
Another major stumbling block is the Scottish justice system along with certain apologists within the Scottish press and devolved government. I know you’ll agree that this has to be done properly with proper investigation and research.
This could go on for years to come with the amount of survivors coming forward. And remember we’re about to name another beast linked to that club.
Nobody is more frustrated than Spotlight on how long this is taking to get it out there. We’re finding more almost daily.
50 years of abuse and coverups. Who knows how long it will go on? One thing is certain though. Spotlight will find every last one of them along with the enablers. We still have more to release.

Sadly it’s not just trolls on twitter either. There’s Scottish media employees that’s only contribution was trying to engineer some sort of equivalent, as if that makes everything ok.
You can be sure they have been digging in order to bring Rangers into it. The best they have was Mark Daly who came up with this

Rangers abuse claim victim told to contact liquidators for compensation

Nothing in world sport is comparable to what went on at Celtic but this is how their mind works.

You can be sure they have been digging in order to bring Rangers into it. The best they have was Mark Daly who came up with this

Rangers abuse claim victim told to contact liquidators for compensation

Nothing in world sport is comparable to what went on at Celtic but this is how their mind works.
He also found a small extract in a Rangers magazine and used that to claim we covered up how Neely left. The actual inquiry used his article as fact.
The engineering that went on to find equivalence has done the complete opposite of what the inquiries true intentions should of been, to find facts to allow victims justice.

He also found a small extract in a Rangers magazine and used that to claim we covered up how Neely left. The actual inquiry used his article as fact.
The engineering that went on to find equivalence has done the complete opposite of what the inquiries true intentions should of been, to find facts to allow victims justice.

That’s seven CONVICTED paedophiles now that we’re associated with Celtic. Two were used in the review.

Rangers had two associated with us who never got to the court. None convicted.

I’m not suggesting that these guys were innocent, Neely & Dunn sound dodgy as hell, but the fact is that convicted paedophiles at Celtic were ignored while unconvicted potential paedophiles who had time at Rangers were used.

The SFA Review was a fabricated whitewash.

The SFA should intervene immediately, starting by revoking Ce@#ic's Licence to operate as a football club. There has been more than enough evidence put forward into the public domain over the years, so the time to act is well overdue, no more excuses.

Therefore in my opinion if protecting innocent children is anything to go by then the powers at be should stand up right now to protect their wellbeing, a full public enquiry is an absolute must so what are they waiting for.

it is pathetic! Instead of focusing on their own club they are trying to make a comparison with Neely!

Whenever they make mention of Neely or any other past employees of ours they ike to fantasise as having been up to no good, tell them that it is their lawful duty to take all the information they have to the cops, instead of repeating baseless pish ad nauseum on websites or elsewhere.

RE: your last line. If this is the case then there wouldn't be any need for it to come out. The only reason it would come out is if it's not dealt with and they want to put pressure on the club to pay. So you have to expect that the club is already fighting it for reasons known only to them at the moment.

do the club not have a difficulty dealing with oldco issues? My understanding of debt arrangements, and companies is that if you pay an old debt then you open yourself to every other debt from the previous business. Almost like you’ve created your own precedent for others creditors to claim on.

Whenever they make mention of Neely or any other past employees of ours they ike to fantasise as having been up to no good, tell them that it is their lawful duty to take all the information they have to the cops, instead of repeating baseless pish ad nauseum on websites or elsewhere.
Exactly what I do.

I agree with them that if Neely and Dunn had perpetrated such acts they should be properly exposed and all the evidence they obviously have at their fingertips should be presented to the police forthwith. And I promise I'm 100% behind them....

ALWAYS disappear, get angry and aggressive and right on with old "point-scoring" argument.

Exactly what I do.

I agree with them that if Neely and Dunn had perpetrated such acts they should be properly exposed and all the evidence they obviously have at their fingertips should be presented to the police forthwith. And I promise I'm 100% behind them....

ALWAYS disappear, get angry and aggressive and right on with old "point-scoring" argument.

I really think some of the semi educated amongst them are beginning to realise how big this could be and the possible "reaper cushions" to come.

I’m 47 years old now and heard all my life about the CFC/CBC Open secret about the bheasts. 2022 and it’s no secret but a disgusting fact of the horrors of that club. Yet government silence and SFA whitewashing the issue. It’s a national and worldwide disgrace and needs to be treated and told. What a terrible country Scotland is. :mad::mad:

just read the story, and this paragraph nails it.

The survivor says he believes that the refusal was down to the SNP being unwilling to alienate their voter base and has accused them of putting votes before the survivors of abuse receiving justice.

He continued: "The reason is that the Scottish National Party, whether it's John Swinney, Nicola Sturgeon or anyone else. These people are terrified of being seen to support the victims of the Celtic Boys Club.

"Because if they are seen to be supportive in any way of us at all, they are of the opinion that it will affect their votes badly.
And this is the truth of the matter.

Couple of things about the "Police" aspect. Is it common practice for Police to tell some to refer to their statement rather than stick by it as suggested? The difference is a play on words be Kelly. I don't know if this would be common practice from the Police to advise.

However, taking his words at face value is also giving him credit for telling the truth. Refer to point one in your post when he is clearly lying. That would suggest he is answering point two in way to deflect it from him.

Merely an observation rather than a post based on any procedural knowledge.
If he is speaking truthfully (never trust anyone of their ilk) then it is extremely concerning but not surprising that Police Scotland would give advice to a potential suspect at all.

They are there to establish the truth, not influence the course of justice by giving advice to suspects of criminal activities.

I wonder what the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee SNP supporters think about it. Do they condone the paedophilia for the sake of SNP votes, or do they (as they should) condemn Celtic for it? Or is SNP just a big cult, protecting their own, just like the catholic church does?
I think they put independence above all else. Their lack of interest is a national shame.

why would a separate entity write this in their official press release?

0_JS182658681.jpg
The position here is that whether a separate entity or not, in a legal sense, it is abundantly clear that Celtc controlled the boys club and evidently saw itself as such, given that they felt they were able to police it and investigate any complaints.

That they supposedly investigated complaints and decided there was no case to answer, means that the boys club was theirs and part of their family.

Saying now that it’s nothing to do with them holds no water.

That’s seven CONVICTED paedophiles now that we’re associated with Celtic. Two were used in the review.

Rangers had two associated with us who never got to the court. None convicted.

I’m not suggesting that these guys were innocent, Neely & Dunn sound dodgy as hell, but the fact is that convicted paedophiles at Celtic were ignored while unconvicted potential paedophiles who had time at Rangers were used.

The SFA Review was a fabricated whitewash.
The SFA after the Channel 4 documentary put out a statement quoting that the findings in that documentary was out with the scope of the inquiries TORs. It was done not for allowing victims of this heinous crime to get answers and justice but to protect one bastardised football team.

The SFA after the Channel 4 documentary put out a statement quoting that the findings in that documentary was out with the scope of the inquiries TORs. It was done not for allowing victims of this heinous crime to get answers and justice but to protect one bastardised football team.

Yes it was Terry Munro.

Disgusting, another postponement without redress. How long are the good people of Scotland going to let this fiasco continue.

Justice for the poor victims is Paramount, God knows how these people must feeling right now, do they live in a society that does not give a flying FU@# I truely hope not for their sake.

I am disgusted ashamed and saddened to be Scottish but this is not over. I believe that the victims of these heinous events will get justice no matter how long it takes. What a disgrace.

The person that wrote this below has obviously been ill informed by one of that lot. Maybe they need to be told the truth.

I don't see what offence he can take to the comments he's shown,it's all true.

Their PR machine keeps working away.

'Glasgow derby rivals' - Didnt have to go too far to confirm exactly what the person who wrote the 'ange home coming article' is all about!

Or this

'Glasgow derby rivals' - Didnt have to go too far to confirm exactly what the person who wrote the 'ange home coming article' is all about!

Or this

I never had my doubts as to what he is.

An absolute crank ready and waiting to write anything to deflect the attention away from their shame.

Pope Francis has said sorry to the Indigenous people in Canada for the abuse they suffered at the hands of catholic clergy in their schools!
How many times have they apologised
Over the years?
Saying sorry and promising to learn lessons makes everything alright. How that evil cult is still allowed to operate worldwide I’ll never know. Well actually I do know, it’s because they’re very rich and powerful off the backs of the hundreds of millions of believers of their bullshit mumbo jumbo.

It is written by a guest.

100% a Knewconian.
Biggest LIE was that the scum apologised they DID not they only 'regret'
Perhaps Gordon (Woods) could contact that rag and put them right on a hell of a lot of their libellous trash.
No mention of these jolly craicsters and their anti British (Commonwealth) hatred and support for a Republican terrorist group with songs and chants every week and their obnoxious ultras.
Must be the Australian version of the Celtic View.

Back