Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Grigo Yossarian, as a Fellow Rangers Supporter I just want you and your dedicated team to know that I truely believe that you all have the full backing of the biggest group of supporters in the land and we will be there for you if called upon.

Much appreciated mate.

We are a hardy bunch, and we try to ‘do our talking on the park’.

As BN94 Said yesterday, stay tuned as more news is coming very soon.

The denials and deflecting of accountability for decades is absolutely disgraceful
The late Jock Stein said " the clubs reputation must remain clean" ,who would have thought what we are witnessing half a century later would be unfolding.
For the footballing association, the government, the police and the judiciary? Why ?
Media ,politicians, press and clergy .(all played a part)
The governing body of the second oldest footballing association and one of the founders of UEFA, should hold there heads in shame.
What part did you play in this national scandal?
We have all been waiting a very long time for the truth to finally come out, won't bee long now.

The frustration and disbelief that I have felt for decades is unbelievable but sadly these feelings that I have experienced brings me to think, how must this have effected the many victims of the CSA.

What terrible lonely emotions the victims must have had to endure through all this time, I can't begin to imagine their pain.

Jack the finger wagger knows things and would have been there when Saville visited torbett towers.
I notice your man inside the door remembers his way to the door and remembers not to let people in who want to talk about CSA and obviously remembers not to answer questions about things he is supposed to not remember about . Is this the same guy "Kelly"?.... I canny remember ! :shh:

I notice your man inside the door remembers his way to the door and remembers not to let people in who want to talk about CSA and obviously remembers not to answer questions about things he is supposed to not remember about . Is this the same guy "Kelly"?.... I canny remember ! :shh:
That’s McGinn. We do know where Kelly lives though, and we have some associates that would like to pay him a visit. We will keep the thread updated on this.

Please delete if not appropriate but hopefully getting my hands on a copy of the paper that people say contains Billy McNeill’s testimony admitting the abuse was well known.

I have no idea if that’s true but that’s the reason I am trying to get my hands on it as it’s never been proven.

The well organised group of horrible people that have been protecting ce@#ic football club for decades have had it their own way for far too long. Now that they are finally feeling the heat and of course experiencing the stress that comes with protecting these sexual abusers for so long, then maybe just maybe they are beginning to accept that they are now fighting a losing battle, but before throwing in the towel one last aggressive effort by using strong intimidation tactics to stop the truth from coming out, this could make them even more dangerous.

For instance if they become desperate enough and start trying to apply threatening behaviour towards our beloved Spotlight Team then that just might ignite the strongest backlash that they have ever experienced which could eventually lead to their downfall. Then finally there will be no stopping this juggernaut that has been working tirelessly for such a long time now, so that the victims can finally get the justice that they fully deserve.

You poke a BEAR once too often, it will ultimately bite your head off.
We’re being led to believe that some high up individuals within that club are asking questions about Spotlight.
Spotlight will continue to state facts. Nothing will stop us.

Please delete if not appropriate but hopefully getting my hands on a copy of the paper that people say contains Billy McNeill’s testimony admitting the abuse was well known.

I have no idea if that’s true but that’s the reason I am trying to get my hands on it as it’s never been proven.

This has been covered on here several times.

Out of curiosity, why would you be wanting to get your hands on this?

Interesting. You mean the 'open secret' comment?

Many (myself included) have attempted to track this down without success.

This has been covered on here several times.

Out of curiosity, why would you be wanting to get your hands on this?
It’s often mentioned but for some reason the story/article has completely vanished off the face of the earth.

Just wanted to see if it can be found really, seems too important to just leave as is.

See with another one being uncovered is it possible there could be enough connected to that mob to release a set of top trumps cards

There is more than enough evidence out there that now proves Ce@#ic Football Club is the Paedophile Ring.

Spotlight must be so frustrated with all their fantastic efforts being totally ignored, Sturgeon can bury her head in the sand for as long as she wants but it will be recorded someday, that this sad woman will for ever be remembered as the person that held the position of First Minister in Scotland that was weak, and showed no remorse or compassion towards the victims of the largest child sex scandal in world football.

For her to publicly denounce the wrong doings and convictions of alleged witches from hundreds of years ago is laughable, what about what is happening here and now.

There is more than enough evidence out there that now proves Ce@#ic Football Club is the Paedophile Ring.

Spotlight must be so frustrated with all their fantastic efforts being totally ignored, Sturgeon can bury her head in the sand for as long as she wants but it will be recorded someday, that this sad woman will for ever be remembered as the person that held the position of First Minister in Scotland that was weak, and showed no remorse or compassion towards the victims of the largest child sex scandal in world football.

For her to publicly denounce the wrong doings and convictions of alleged witches from hundreds of years ago is laughable, what about what is happening here and now.
Sadly she won't be the only one who preferred to keep quiet

Interesting. You mean the 'open secret' comment?

Many (myself included) have attempted to track this down without success.
The quote below is a direct quote from the man voted by the Celtic fan’s as Celtic Football Club’s greatest ever Captain and a former twice time Celtic Football Club manager Billy McNeill.

“It (Torbett’s crimes) was an open secret at Parkhead”

Billy McNeil, Evening Times 13th November 1998

He was speaking after the FIRST time Celtic Boys Club Jim Torbett was convicted for his demonic crimes against young boys.

Taken from this article

The quote below is a direct quote from the man voted by the Celtic fan’s as Celtic Football Club’s greatest ever Captain and a former twice time Celtic Football Club manager Billy McNeill.

“It (Torbett’s crimes) was an open secret at Parkhead”

Billy McNeil, Evening Times 13th November 1998

He was speaking after the FIRST time Celtic Boys Club Jim Torbett was convicted for his demonic crimes against young boys.

Taken from this article

Mate this was discussed above...there is no online or written quote to McBungle ever saying this.

There is no evidence and no point in regurgitating rumour.

That mobs legal strategy for the victims of THEIR paedos is similarly as cynical as tactics used by shipyards defending Asbestos claims such as John Brown who employ delaying tactics trying to bury it in adjournments and delays, hoping the witnesses, victims and perpetrators will die before justice is served. Also knowing any compensation paid to the family of a deceased victim of child rape is considerably less.
Keep at them Spotlight.

Its one of those rumours that have circulated for years re McNeil.

As you said there is no source to prove he ever did or didnt utter those words.

Unless there is catagorical proof he did.. i say its no more than rumour
Did he not say it in court during Torbett's original trial? Is so, it should be fairly easy to get a transcript of the trial

She will say she is very sorry for what happened to the victims and apologise sincerely to the victims on behalf of the snp ..... in 400 years time , watch this space and see if I am right .

Not just her though, our pathetic media who refuse to highlight the subject

She will say she is very sorry for what happened to the victims and apologise sincerely to the victims on behalf of the snp ..... in 400 years time , watch this space and see if I am right .

How all branches of government have chosen to handle these revelations over the last few years is a dark dark stain on our nation. Worse still those who vote and elect these people sit idly by doing and saying nothing. Affordable iPhones and other shiny baubles seem far more important to most people.

Mate this was discussed above...there is no online or written quote to McBungle ever saying this.

There is no evidence and no point in regurgitating rumour.
Worse than that. Bringing rumour and innuendo does nothing but undermine the good work done by the Spotlight team.
I have said before, I get the impression that folk are deliberately trying to do just that. Stick to the facts. That is what will get the victims justice.

How all branches of government have chosen to handle these revelations over the last few years is a dark dark stain on our nation. Worse still those who vote and elect these people sit idly by doing and saying nothing. Affordable iPhones and other shiny baubles seem far more important to most people.
I am truly amazed at the lack of sympathy shown by the government and media news alike , you would think that the suffering those young lads suffered would create demands for full scale enquiries as to why it was all covered up . What exactly is being covered up and why is the big question we all want an answer to .

Worse than that. Bringing rumour and innuendo does nothing but undermine the good work done by the Spotlight team.
I have said before, I get the impression that folk are deliberately trying to do just that. Stick to the facts. That is what will get the victims justice.
To be fair, I think this rumour started as an honest mistake, where part of the article was quoted as part of a bigger spiel which then also included the part about what was said under oath, not making it clear that the under oath quote was separate from the article. If that makes sense So it looks like the under oath part was never in the media. But was it actually said in court? - this remains unverified.

Do court trials in Scotland have a 'recorder' someone who would sit and type witness or lawyer questions/ answers in the event to confirm what was said/replied etc, and if so for how long would this 'record' be kept on file and where?
Thinking if a defendant was to put in a plea and their brief wanted a transcript of the trial to review and submit in mitigation for a re-trial.

I am truly amazed at the lack of sympathy shown by the government and media news alike , you would think that the suffering those young lads suffered would create demands for full scale enquiries as to why it was all covered up . What exactly is being covered up and why is the big question we all want an answer to .
I think we should organise a march/gathering at either Holyrood or the SFA offices and get banners made demanding a public enquiry into the scum scandal.

We would probably need to do it while something else was on or the MSM would just ignore us. We should do it under the spotlight banner or it will just be rolled out as point scoring by the Rangers support.

Would probably need to do it on a Saturday when folk are off work and we don't have a game on.

Paedophile A starts celtic boys club and then Paedophile A recruits Paedophile B and then Paedophile B recruits Paedophile C - clearly nothing here for a public enquiry to start investigating.

The only other point to this is, while we can say Paedophile A starting the boys club is JT, a 19yo unknown at the time, who was the one that gave him permission to start the club in Celtcs name and gave themselves access to kids?

Was a Kelly "Paedophile A minus 1"?

I think we should organise a march/gathering at either Holyrood or the SFA offices and get banners made demanding a public enquiry into the scum scandal.

We would probably need to do it while something else was on or the MSM would just ignore us. We should do it under the spotlight banner or it will just be rolled out as point scoring by the Rangers support.

Would probably need to do it on a Saturday when folk are off work and we don't have a game on.
Nope bad idea, a bunch of Rangers supporters turning up would be manna from heaven for them.

It would need to be representatives of family, child protection agencies things like that, that would be very good indeed.

Back