Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Ive posted this before.

Raises a lot of questions too?

Burns offered the job to Andy Ritchie with a wage of £100 pw ...who paid Ritchies wages if CBC was a seperate entity?

Burns described it as a "web of evil" confirming there was more than one and the existince of a paedophile ring operating at Celtic.

In the coming months, or maybe a bit longer people will see how deep this really goes. People will also see who knew.
People need to understand that there are a lot of cases to hear.
We try our best to keep the thread updated, but please understand that on certain issues we can’t say what we know. It has to remain strictly confidential.
The apologists will continue to deny and deflect, and we know you visit this thread. Our only message to you is we know more than what you know.
Can we also say again to the posters following this thread… Some questions we cannot answer due to the ongoing legal process. We’re not ignoring your questions. We just can’t answer them at this moment in time.

In the coming months, or maybe a bit longer people will see how deep this really goes. People will also see who knew.
People need to understand that there are a lot of cases to hear.
We try our best to keep the thread updated, but please understand that on certain issues we can’t say what we know. It has to remain strictly confidential.
The apologists will continue to deny and deflect, and we know you visit this thread. Our only message to you is we know more than what you know.
Can we also say again to the posters following this thread… Some questions we cannot answer due to the ongoing legal process. We’re not ignoring your questions. We just can’t answer them at this moment in time.
How many of them who are guilty as hell have passed away I also thought this was part of their plan natural wastage you could say,these people will never be held accountable.

Not sure, but Insurance companies do exactly the same for claims over a certain value as there is a link between having a poor credit score and fraudulent activity.

Shouldn’t credit check anyone unless they’ve agreed.

In the event of starting a policy then making a claim there’ll no doubt be a clause taht states ‘on claim we will credit check you’.

Should never just be done

How many of them who are guilty as hell have passed away I also thought this was part of their plan natural wastage you could say,these people will never be held accountable.
“these people will never be held accountable.”

We’ll see. Obviously the club want nothing more than for them to pass away. There’s a hell of a lot going on in the background that people don’t know.

Shouldn’t credit check anyone unless they’ve agreed.

In the event of starting a policy then making a claim there’ll no doubt be a clause taht states ‘on claim we will credit check you’.

Should never just be done
You could be right mate, I work in insurance but not this area, what I can tell you though is that on calls some use polygraph style voice tech to see if they get a reading to suggest you might be lying. They don't accuse you there and then but it will trigger a deeper assessment of the claim if something triggers.

You could be right mate, I work in insurance but not this area, what I can tell you though is that on calls some use polygraph style voice tech to see if they get a reading to suggest you might be lying. They don't accuse you there and then but it will trigger a deeper assessment of the claim if something triggers.
Do they need to tell customers they are conducting these voice tech scans on their calls ?

“these people will never be held accountable.”

We’ll see. Obviously the club want nothing more than for them to pass away. There’s a hell of a lot going on in the background that people don’t know.
I just keeping thinking at some stage they will do the right thing.
Front up to the abuse and try and allow the individuals some kind of closure.
However every time it seems they just seem to postpone it, at some stage they will have to address it.
Do you feel it is just the financial impact that scares them ?

However every time it seems they just seem to postpone it, at some stage they will have to address it.
The will fight until the end. There’s no doubt about that.

Sky sports news just did a very small piece regarding the Celtic paedophile ring. Only about a few minutes but better than nothing. I'm adamant that if this happened at any other sporting institution in the UK then the issue would of been brought to task decades ago.

Seen this on Twitter from Sky Sports. Good to see the case being highlighted.

"This is because documents which would be key to their case that they boys club and Celtic FC were different entities were missing."

By missing, I take it they really mean non-existent?
Basically going with a "the dog ate my homework" defence, that didn't carry water in second year Modern Studies, in a high profile trial regarding the systematic abuse of children.

They literally do not have a shred of decency or shame.

This will never happen as they have been absolved from the local representative of the Lord God himself. The perpetrators already have made peace for their sins, apparently.
It is all about the money. The root of all evil.

It’s been frightening seeing the reaction on social media.

Baseless conspiracy theories about Gough, Walter, Souness all openly spread now but the victims are receiving threats and abuse for linking genuine issues together with evidence.

I just don’t understand how football can come before something like this, it’s an awful world.

It’s been frightening seeing the reaction on social media.

Baseless conspiracy theories about Gough, Walter, Souness all openly spread now but the victims are receiving threats and abuse for linking genuine issues together with evidence.

I just don’t understand how football can come before something like this, it’s an awful world.
They have a track record of trying to rewrite history.

There are sick people who will enable paedophiles to do what they want and spend eternity defending them.

The truth will out.

Compare to what light sentences they get up here .​

Paedophile football coach, 83, who abused eight boys as young as 11 over a period of more than three decades from 1966 until 2000 is jailed for ten years​

• Serial sex abuser Gerald Highgate, 83, was sentenced to 10 years behind bars
  • He was charged with 30 offences against eight boys between 1966 and 2000
  • One victim said: 'I hate you for abusing me. I loved football and you took that'
  • The 83-year-old appeared at Guilford Crown Court today for his sentencing

A paedophile football coach has been jailed for ten years after he abused eight boys, as young as 11, between 1966 and 2000.
Gerald Highgate, 83, who was a serial sex offender who carried out his abuse for more than three decades, appeared at Guilford Crown Court in Surrey today.
Victims said he had destroyed their childhoods and used their love of football against them.
Judge Micahel Hunter told the sex predator: ‘You groomed boys, possibly as young as 11, over a very long period from 1966 to 2000, a period of 34 years.
‘Had you admitted these offences and spared your victims from the trauma of coming to court and giving evidence in this trial, you would have substantially reduced your sentence.’

Gerald Highgate, 83, (pictured) was jailed for ten years today at Guilford Crown Court after he was charged with 30 offences against eight boys, as young as 11, between 1966 and 2000
Highgate, who coached at the Surrey club’s Chipstead FC and Bletchingley Rifle Club, where he carried out 30 offences against eight boys.
He was convicted after a six-week trial.
Catherine Donnelly for the Crown told the jury: ‘Highgate appears to have been adept at grooming both adults and children and appears to have conducted himself in this way over a significant period of time.
‘On occasion he would use money and treats as a way of placating the children or rewarding them for allowing him to abuse them.’
Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward.
One of Highgate’s victims read out his impact statement to the court, stating he had felt anger, shame and disgust ever since the abuse began.
He told the court: ‘Ultimately, I hate you for abusing me. I loved football and you took that from me.
‘I have lived with what you did for all these years. I only hope I can get the justice I deserve, and I can move on.’
Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward. Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate

Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward. Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate
Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate.
Another man said: ‘The stigma of being abused has affected me in so many ways and I have only really come to terms with it in later life.’
Guildford Crown Court heard how parents looked up to him as a respected figure in the community.
Judge Hunter described Highgate’s offending as a serious breach of trust.

He said: ‘The boys were in your care, you were looking after those boys as members of the junior team of which you were the leader, mentor and coach.
‘Many of those boys looked up to you. Certainly, many of the parents admired, respected and looked up to you.
‘In some cases, they were seriously mistaken.’
Highgate pushed his hearing aid through the toughened glass panels of the dock at Guildford Crown Court before being told he was sentenced to a total of ten years in prison for 30 offences against eight boys.

Back