Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Still think scum fc will eventually settle out of court with a "not accepting full liability but feel we have an obligation due to the close links" type shoite statement.
The defence lawyers have pushed for this option from day one. Let's be honest, they are about money and have no genuine concern for the victims.
They will simply move on to other clubs.

Hope I am completely wrong but have a feeling that this is how things will pan out.

Still think scum fc will eventually settle out of court with a "not accepting full liability but feel we have an obligation due to the close links" type shoite statement.
The defence lawyers have pushed for this option from day one. Let's be honest, they are about money and have no genuine concern for the victims.

Hope I am completely wrong but have a feeling that this is how things will pan out.
There is more than one who won't be bought off I would think money is no use to some of the poor people who's life's have been ruined by this evil cult

I think the " can we settle out of court " bit has already passed

You are wrong.

It's not about money.

Five decades of abuse. Numerous coverups and lies about their own internal investigations.
Various club officials, managers and playing staff who knew.
The list goes on.
And they believe they won’t get a fair trial. A disgusting club that has been protected for too long. The truth is coming.

Despite yesterdays TV deal news & todays CMA news, there really is only one thing that should be being discussed these past few days.

Can't help but feel we play into their hands, lap up the convenient media storms drowning out the big story on Scottish football.

Despite yesterdays TV deal news & todays CMA news, there really is only one thing that should be being discussed these past few days.

Can't help but feel we play into their hands, lap up the convenient media storms drowning out the big story on Scottish football.
It happens every time. When a story breaks about that club then you will see certain apologist journalists with a big bad Rangers story the very next day.

If the mainstream media wasn’t acting solely in the interest of that bastardised club, public opinion would have finished it a long time ago.
The truth hasn’t been allowed to disappear for decades, it will eventually have to be shown.

I think the " can we settle out of court " bit has already passed
They can settle right up until the eleventh hour. I think there is a chance that this might happen as none of the sordid details will then be made public. It all depends what Thomsons and their clients are willing to accept.

Settling out of court is an admission of guilt. It will be interesting to see if they go down that road.
I can see why you would think that, but its absolutely not when you think what disclosures, regardless of any subsequent finding, would come out in the courtroom.

I can see why you would think that, but its absolutely not when you think what disclosures, regardless of any subsequent finding, would come out in the courtroom.
What I mean is the average person in the street will think Celtic must be guilty if they've paid off the claimants before the court proceedings start.

Isn't the burden of proof on the accused? If you can't prove you didn't do something and some proves you did then you're guilty? That seems pretty simple to me.
It's a civil hearing and there is no accused. Whilst it's obviously helpful and would strengthen any case outcome, there is, unlike a criminal trial, no need for corroboration. It's simply who the court believes and that must weigh heavily in favour of the victims.

Not suggesting for a minute it is on the part of the victims.
I am talking about the law firm who are ambulance chasers.
No worries mate, apologies if that was a bit short from me.

I don't think for a second the lawyers will have the final say.
For some victims, a financial pay off may be enough.
For others, they want the filth to suffer like the have, and rightly so.

What I mean is the average person in the street will think Celtic must be guilty if they've paid off the claimants before the court proceedings start.
Yeah, I get that and agree with you. What I mean is that it's nothing compared to a hearing running its full extent and all of the sordid details being released into the public domain, regardless of any later finding(s).

Compare to what light sentences they get up here .​

Paedophile football coach, 83, who abused eight boys as young as 11 over a period of more than three decades from 1966 until 2000 is jailed for ten years​

• Serial sex abuser Gerald Highgate, 83, was sentenced to 10 years behind bars
  • He was charged with 30 offences against eight boys between 1966 and 2000
  • One victim said: 'I hate you for abusing me. I loved football and you took that'
  • The 83-year-old appeared at Guilford Crown Court today for his sentencing

A paedophile football coach has been jailed for ten years after he abused eight boys, as young as 11, between 1966 and 2000.
Gerald Highgate, 83, who was a serial sex offender who carried out his abuse for more than three decades, appeared at Guilford Crown Court in Surrey today.
Victims said he had destroyed their childhoods and used their love of football against them.
Judge Micahel Hunter told the sex predator: ‘You groomed boys, possibly as young as 11, over a very long period from 1966 to 2000, a period of 34 years.
‘Had you admitted these offences and spared your victims from the trauma of coming to court and giving evidence in this trial, you would have substantially reduced your sentence.’

Gerald Highgate, 83, (pictured) was jailed for ten years today at Guilford Crown Court after he was charged with 30 offences against eight boys, as young as 11, between 1966 and 2000
Highgate, who coached at the Surrey club’s Chipstead FC and Bletchingley Rifle Club, where he carried out 30 offences against eight boys.
He was convicted after a six-week trial.
Catherine Donnelly for the Crown told the jury: ‘Highgate appears to have been adept at grooming both adults and children and appears to have conducted himself in this way over a significant period of time.
‘On occasion he would use money and treats as a way of placating the children or rewarding them for allowing him to abuse them.’
Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward.
One of Highgate’s victims read out his impact statement to the court, stating he had felt anger, shame and disgust ever since the abuse began.
He told the court: ‘Ultimately, I hate you for abusing me. I loved football and you took that from me.
‘I have lived with what you did for all these years. I only hope I can get the justice I deserve, and I can move on.’
Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward. Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate

Police believe there could be many more victims of Highgate who are yet to come forward. Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate
Other victims said they had struggled with relationships throughout their lives after suffering at the hands of Highgate.
Another man said: ‘The stigma of being abused has affected me in so many ways and I have only really come to terms with it in later life.’
Guildford Crown Court heard how parents looked up to him as a respected figure in the community.
Judge Hunter described Highgate’s offending as a serious breach of trust.

He said: ‘The boys were in your care, you were looking after those boys as members of the junior team of which you were the leader, mentor and coach.
‘Many of those boys looked up to you. Certainly, many of the parents admired, respected and looked up to you.
‘In some cases, they were seriously mistaken.’
Highgate pushed his hearing aid through the toughened glass panels of the dock at Guildford Crown Court before being told he was sentenced to a total of ten years in prison for 30 offences against eight boys.
Definitely something sinister going on when you compare the sentences given out in England compared to our justice system.
Scotland it seems is where you want to be if you are a paedophile. It's sickening.

What happens if they don't accept it. Will it go to a full court trial at that point?

It will be a civil case, and yesterday was one of the parts of the process.

As CDC alluded to, it will be settled on the basis of balance of probabilities, not beyond reasonable doubt, so a lower proof threshold than a criminal case.

If Celtic think they can do a Sturgeon & say they don’t remember 50 times they are seriously in the scheisse.

No worries mate, apologies if that was a bit short from me.

I don't think for a second the lawyers will have the final say.
For some victims, a financial pay off may be enough.
For others, they want the filth to suffer like the have, and rightly so.
If an extraordinary settlement is offered in advance of any proof hearing there is no way that it would be allowed to proceed, regardless of how victims feel.

They can settle right up until the eleventh hour. I think there is a chance that this might happen as none of the sordid details will then be made public. It all depends what Thomsons and their clients are willing to accept.
Say that did happen, could Spotlight (and others involved), publish all the details they have investigated and found - a lot of the stuff that they have passed to the lawyers.

Say that did happen, could Spotlight (and others involved), publish all the details they have investigated and found - a lot of the stuff that they have passed to the lawyers.
It all depends on what is agreed between the parties (in the civil action). If there is a settlement, then I reckon there will also be non-disclosure attached to it.

The Usual Suspects.

Record, BBC Scotland, Radio Clyde, STV.

Totally ignored it AFAIK.

All part of the cult.
Yet look at the absolute bloodlust from about 2010 to 2013 about our club. It was an absolute witch hunt and played their part in getting lies and the narrative out there. Unfortunately we only need to look to the last couple of weeks especially with the likes of Clyde to the agenda driven narrative the push. Zero mention about the disgusting sectarian banners and songs about the Queen and Royal Family. Yet they ran with the Kyle Lafferty story hourly over two days and even had Nil by Mouth on to comment on these anti-Irish and anti-catholic comments. Disgusting but while we still have Rangers fans downloading and using Clyde’s media partners then nothing will change. It really is a disgusting organisation and Rangers would do well to remove media access to them.

Yet look at the absolute bloodlust from about 2010 to 2013 about our club. It was an absolute witch hunt and played their part in getting lies and the narrative out there. Unfortunately we only need to look to the last couple of weeks especially with the likes of Clyde to the agenda driven narrative the push. Zero mention about the disgusting sectarian banners and songs about the Queen and Royal Family. Yet they ran with the Kyle Lafferty story hourly over two days and even had Nil by Mouth on to comment on these anti-Irish and anti-catholic comments. Disgusting but while we still have Rangers fans downloading and using Clyde’s media partners then nothing will change. It really is a disgusting organisation and Rangers would do well to remove media access to them.

Agree Thor.

Meanwhile the biggest crime in sporting history is ignored by some.

Many have also ended their lives early because they couldn’t cope.

Celtic, The SFA, The SNP & the SMSM all have blood on their hands mate.

A lot of the victims are determined to get their apologies CDC, so I’d guess it would need to be a big big settlement to quieten them.

Celtic might deem that worthwhile to keep sponsors on board ?
Yes, it would have to be.

I only read what I see in the various Spotlight articles and from those I can fully understand the feelings of real hurt and injustice that must exist in the minds of these poor victims. I wish them all every success in their quest for justice and being heard and believed in a court must play a huge part in that.

Back