Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Has BN, Grigo and Spotlight confirmed this?

I know the guys said some journalists were interested.

I can confirm it cause I've tried him more than once. I don't think there is anybody that's in this country with any clout that's not been contacted

The Times

Marc Horne

A former manager of Celtic Boys Club who is accused of abusing teenagers told police he was hired directly by Jock Stein to produce players for the first team, contradicting claims that the two teams were “entirely separate”.

Frank Cairney, 87, is alleged to have committed sexual crimes against three boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

An examination of facts is taking place at Glasgow Sheriff Court after the former coach, from Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was deemed unfit for trial.

During the hearing, a police video taken after Cairney was arrested on August 14, 2019 was shown.

In it, he told Detective Constable Elaine Wood that he had been installed as head coach of Celtic Boys Club by Stein, then Celtic FC manager, in 1970. Cairney, who denies all charges, said: “[Stein] says ‘You will take the Celtic Boys Club under-16s.

I will put s-forms [schoolboy players] in there and you are responsible’. It was called Celtic Boys Club, but it was Celtic under-16s.”

The Scottish Champions argue that the boys’ club was a separate legal entity and that they are not culpable for abuse that took place there.

More than 20 former players for the feeder club have joined a separate class lawsuit against Celtic FC, which is proceeding at the Court of Session.

The claimants believe they are entitled to compensation from the senior club.

At yesterday’s hearing a 50-year-old man, who cannot be named, said he was abused by Cairney when Celtic Boys Club travelled to Aviemore for a friendly match and stayed in a hotel.

“He asked me to go to his room under the pretence of talking about the game,” he said “I stood up and he stood up and he touched my clothing and put his hand down the front of my clothing.”

He said Cairney then performed a sex act on him: “I was massively shaken, I told him to stop.”

He later recalled that Cairney sometimes drove him home from Barrowfield, the Celtic FC training ground used by the boy’s club. “A couple of times he would reach over and touch my groin area.”

Andrew Crosbie, defending, put it to him that he had never been alone with Cairney in Aviemore. He responded: “That’s a lie.”

Celtic FC has always insisted that the boy’s club was legally distinct. It has said: “Given the ongoing legal proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to provide any comment.”

The hearing, before Sheriff Tom Hughes, continues.

The Times

Marc Horne

A former manager of Celtic Boys Club who is accused of abusing teenagers told police he was hired directly by Jock Stein to produce players for the first team, contradicting claims that the two teams were “entirely separate”.

Frank Cairney, 87, is alleged to have committed sexual crimes against three boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

An examination of facts is taking place at Glasgow Sheriff Court after the former coach, from Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was deemed unfit for trial.

During the hearing, a police video taken after Cairney was arrested on August 14, 2019 was shown.

In it, he told Detective Constable Elaine Wood that he had been installed as head coach of Celtic Boys Club by Stein, then Celtic FC manager, in 1970. Cairney, who denies all charges, said: “[Stein] says ‘You will take the Celtic Boys Club under-16s.

I will put s-forms [schoolboy players] in there and you are responsible’. It was called Celtic Boys Club, but it was Celtic under-16s.”

The Scottish Champions argue that the boys’ club was a separate legal entity and that they are not culpable for abuse that took place there.

More than 20 former players for the feeder club have joined a separate class lawsuit against Celtic FC, which is proceeding at the Court of Session.

At yesterday’s hearing a 50-year-old man, who cannot be named, said he was abused by Cairney when Celtic Boys Club travelled to Aviemore for a friendly match and stayed in a hotel.

“He asked me to go to his room under the pretence of talking about the game,” he said “I stood up and he stood up and he touched my clothing and put his hand down the front of my clothing.”

He said Cairney then performed a sex act on him: “I was massively shaken, I told him to stop.”

He later recalled that Cairney sometimes drove him home from Barrowfield, the Celtic FC training ground used by the boy’s club. “A couple of times he would reach over and touch my groin area.”

Andrew Crosbie, defending, put it to him that he had never been alone with Cairney in Aviemore. He responded: “That’s a lie.”

Celtic FC has always insisted that the boy’s club was legally distinct. It has said: “Given the ongoing legal proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to provide any comment.”

So - hand-picked by Stein, 'instrumental' in bringing Burns to Parkhead as manager but that vile club still pretend he was just an independent character. Hell mend them and a curse on their house.

Very well done to everyone in Spotlight for standing up for the hundreds of victims.

Much like the recent Westminster intervention to the absolutely ridiculous GRR bill, why oh why can't the UK government step in and recognise the size of this organised crime gang.
i would suspect that Westminster have plenty skeletons in the cupboard in regards to similar matters,(and probably concerning some very rich and powerfully influential individuals) and so it will be convenient to look the other way

The Times

Marc Horne

And Tommy Burns directly recruited Andy Ritchie to run the boys club in 1994.

If it was a "seperate entity" then why the hell are staff from CFC negotiating terms and conditions of employment with a club that has nothing to do with them?

BB

I really do hope Adidas and co are watching this. They can't say weren't warned. And should they continue to provide sponsorship after the many cases against CFC they should hang their heads in shame.

Also that fat cn't and every involved should hang heads in shame.

Oh and anyone to continues to fund/support them should hang heads.

Rod Stuart can f**k off too. Pr**k. Everyone involved and my ex-GF can get f***d too.

I really do hope Adidas and co are watching this. They can't say weren't warned. And should they continue to provide sponsorship after the many cases against CFC they should hang their heads in shame.

Also that fat cn't and every involved should hang heads in shame.

Oh and anyone to continues to fund/support them should hang heads.

Rod Stuart can f**k off too. Pr**k. Everyone involved and my ex-GF can get f***d too.
Adidas don't care. They still use child labour and sweatshops for their products. All about the money, but will post meaningless quotes on social media in PR exercises.

They will continue to fund separate entity fc as long as it is profitable.

A FORMER Celtic Boys Club manager indecently assaulted three young players while on duty, a sheriff determined.

Frank Cairney, 87, preyed on the teenage boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

Cairney struck in the Celtic Park shower room and dressing room of the club’s Barrowfield training ground.

The convicted sex offender also carried out his abuse on a team trip to Aviemore, Scottish Highlands, and in his car on numerous occasions.
Giving his verdict, Sheriff Tom Hughes said: “I took the view that the crimes charged were so closely linked by the character, the circumstances of their commission and in time as to bind them together as part of a single course of criminal conduct systematically pursued by Cairney.
“On the balance of probabilities, there are no grounds for acquitting Cairney and I make findings to that effect.

“The victims gave evidence on what must have been very difficult circumstances for them.

“They gave their evidence with great dignity and I hope they can put the circumstances of these offences behind them and start to move on with their lives.

“They are an example to others that it is possible to bring these horrendous crimes to the attention of the court no matter how long ago they occurred.
“These matters are always taken seriously by the courts and they should have the consolation of knowing that they came to court and were believed. I hope this is some consolation to them.”

Mr Allan did not move for sentence after the verdict and asked that the case be “deserted pro loco et tempore” due to the legal provisions of Cairney being unfit for trial.

He added: “This is on the basis of the medical reports before the court.”

Sheriff Hughes granted the motion which was not opposed by Mr Crosbie.

Mr Allan did not move for sentence after the verdict and asked that the case be “deserted pro loco et tempore” due to the legal provisions of Cairney being unfit for trial.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?
Asked the same thing in another thread.

They are utter scum for making these people have to stand up and relive these events again but they persist in the separate entity pish and now it appears to be coming back and biting them.

Yes mate, he is guilty but as unfit (ahem) to stand trial then no jail time as far as I know

Surely it cant mean they won't send him to prison?!

If this man is not sent to jail this will be one massive kick in the face to every victim of his.

So a Sheriff says he is guilty but yet he is unfit to be punished?! Surely not..

Bullshit !!! Let the basturd rot and eventually die in his pish stained prison cell!! Evil rancid kunt!!!

Surely it cant mean they won't send him to prison?!

If this man is not sent to jail this will be one massive kick in the face to every victim of his.

So a Sheriff says he is guilty but yet he is unfit to be punished?! Surely not..

Bullshit !!! Let the basturd rot and eventually die in his pish stained prison cell!! Evil rancid kunt!!!
Thats my understanding of it mate on what I have read , I could be wrong though

Individual fans have no sway when contacting "the football authorities".
However, a group of substantial shareholders in a Club from the same league (I think we know who I mean) should be able to rightfully contact the SFA / SPFL and ask them what punitive actions will be taken against a Club that has engaged in employing numerous child abusers (and re-employing them).

The question should be termed along the lines of:
"We can all agree that there is nothing more important to us than the safety of our children. .....
We have seen another Club actually ejected from the League system apparently on the basis of financial "fiddling".
Since child abuse is far more serious than that, will the SFA/SPFL take action to similarly punish a Club that has quite deliberately emplaced (sometimes known) child abusers into positions where they have attacked and molested children ?
Is Financial Impropriety worse than Child Abuse in the eyes of Scottish Football Authorities ?"

Individual fans have no sway when contacting "the football authorities".
However, a group of substantial shareholders in a Club from the same league (I think we know who I mean) should be able to rightfully contact the SFA / SPFL and ask them what punitive actions will be taken against a Club that has engaged in employing numerous child abusers (and re-employing them).

The question should be termed along the lines of:
"We can all agree that there is nothing more important to us than the safety of our children. .....
We have seen another Club actually ejected from the League system apparently on the basis of financial "fiddling".
Since child abuse is far more serious than that, will the SFA/SPFL take action to similarly punish a Club that has quite deliberately emplaced (sometimes known) child abusers into positions where they have attacked and molested children ?
Is Financial Impropriety worse than Child Abuse in the eyes of Scottish Football Authorities ?"

That horrible club have went way beyond bringing the game into disrepute. They were enablers and facilitators of serious criminal offences against children and other young people. They then deliberately covered up those criminal acts to " save the good name of the club. ". Police Scotland should be investigating their culpable behaviour.

Back