Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This thread for the most part has been great and the guys involved with Spotlight have been doing a fantastic job .
However we must be ultra careful with the posts.
This campaign must not be seen as an anti catholic thing or a vechicle for Rangers to gain some type of advantage.
This is not a Protestant v Catholic thing.
This is not a Rangers v Celtic thing.
This campaign, and the tremendous work done by folk on here is about one thing....getting justice for the folk who were abused and who had their lives ruined.
Please let folk think about that every time they post.
I think that perhaps the reason we have difficulty getting this mainstream and get more backing is that perhaps outsiders will see the campaign as some sort of pathetic Rangers v Celtic fans thing.
Let be smart and keep everything on focus.
BTW not having a personal dig at the two posts I highlighted . Just that they are the most recents examples of the type of post that, in my humble opinion, should perhaps not be made on such a serious issue.
This is way beyond religion it's good vs absolute evil in my opinion, how many people will be left aghast when these cases are done because lets face it this should have EVERYBODY up in arms regardless of football affiliations.
If we heard the age old rumours guaranteed all scottish football fans did too.

Is it not a sad and telling indictment on Scottish society that it took Alex Thomson from Channel 4 News to doorstep Liewell on the most horrific crimes against minors at Separate Entity FC. ? What is the point of Holyrood when MSP's remain silent on this gruesome scandal. ?

They are even worse than silent S. They continued to ignore victims, telling them they can’t comment until after the SFA Review, which was really a surrogate for the review they SHOULD HAVE DONE, but then ignored them after that review / whitewash.

Last edited:
They are even worse than silent S. They continued to ignore victims, telling them they can’t comment until after the SFA Review, which was really a surrogate for the review they SHOULD HAVE DONE, but then ignored them after that review / whitewash.

It is beyond sickening, G. Those responsible for the cover-up should also have been in the dock years ago, alongside the deviants.

Last edited:
It is beyond sickening, G. Those responsible for the cover-up should also have been in the dock years ago, alongside the deviants.
I said way back in this thread that in a way the ones who covered this up and those who continue to cover this up are worse that the abusers, the abusers are not wired right but those who cover it up make a conscious decision to do so knowing children have been raped and subjected to other forms of sexual abuse.
The enablers and ones who covered it up must face the full force of the law.

Means the company is liable does it not
So designed to sacrifice the club (company) to ‘protect the good name of the directors’ ?

I doubt an inanimate object is capable of making the heinous decisions to wreck the lives of so many young boys. That was done by twisted individuals hell-bent on their sordid pleasures at the expense of the innocence and futures of their prey.

Those bastards deserve to be brought to justice, custodial as required, and if it also means that the club has to be sacrificed under the terms of the document to provide the financial compensation to the victims then this would be just.

The victims deserve the fullest level of retribution for having their lives wrecked.

The current cricket racism news in Essex and Yorkshire is now seeing sponsors withdraw their funding as they don’t want to be associated with it. Where is the big outcry in the media and the withdrawal of sponsors from a club where children have been physically abused. It’s disgusting that this is still being fought, the media and people in power in Scotland are as sick as the perpetrators.

The current cricket racism news in Essex and Yorkshire is now seeing sponsors withdraw their funding as they don’t want to be associated with it. Where is the big outcry in the media and the withdrawal of sponsors from a club where children have been physically abused. It’s disgusting that this is still being fought, the media and people in power in Scotland are as sick as the perpetrators.
Despite being warned on more than numerous occasions by many,the paedo clubs sponsors still continue to turn a blind eye and bury their heads in the sand...just like the SNP govt,police scotland and media.
When the first domino falls in court,the cascade of bodies caught up in the momentum will be unstopable and many will be named and shamed by the rigbt people,at the right time.
No amount of deny and deflect tactics ,will stop this legal juggernaut .....roll on 2022 and beyond.

This is the reason for the silence. I’m sure Desmond part owns media companies and have no doubt he has put a lot of effort and pulled a lot of favours trying to protect his investment. The directors knowingly allowed children to be abused and the club is liable for that with the sfa. The football authorities must act on this when the class actions are completed or we need to be a visual and vocal about it until something is done. Tennis balls on the pitch is a good idea.

Those responsible for the worst cases of abuse in the sporting world deserve all that is coming there way. The sexual assaults, molestation and psychological damage caused repeatedly by organised paedophiles. The colossal mistakes are horrendous and the victims are many, spanning over five decades. Whoever decided to take the stance of silence and denial must have a perverse behavioural problem.
The club like no other is indeed just that,internal investigation? Police omitted from day one, lawyers and insurers contacted?
Their arrogance is abysmal and sickening, they think they are above the law, aided by governments,football authorities and governing bodies.
Hopefully there day is indeed coming.
Not just their reputation, but the reputation of all who sponsor them.
Exempt from responsibility since 1888 ?

Is it not a sad and telling indictment on Scottish society that it took Alex Thomson from Channel 4 News to doorstep Liewell on the most horrific crimes against minors at Separate Entity FC. ? What is the point of Holyrood when MSP's remain silent on this gruesome scandal. ?
The MPs stance over this scandal has been disgraceful. They have ignored victim/ survivors. They have refused to comment on it, and have hidden behind what is frankly, a disgraceful review from the sfa.

Just who are the MPs representing? It's citizens who have suffered abuse, or those who perpetrated and continue to cover up this scandal.?

The disgraced O'Brien and Winning accompanied by Lord Mcconnel and Alex Salmond have/had influence on the public perception of abuse ! When Lord Reid added his tuppence worth with his connections is there any wonder society wonders how high this scandal goes ?
Governments decided to exempt sporting and religious groups from csa cases(how fitting).
A disgraceful national scandal within a so called civil society, that no one has an appetite to address.
Accusations of bigotry and point scoring when the subject is raised, hopefully common decency and justice will eventually prevail.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned previously and don't want to derail the thread closer to home, but there looks to be another Penn State type sex abuse scandal in US college football.

Don't know how to post the link but read on the CBS Sports website that Michigan head coach Bo Schembechler did nothing despite complaints that the team doctor was sexually abusing male athletes under the guise of medical treatment in the 1970s and 80s.

Worst of all, it's alleged Schembechler's own son went to him to say he had been abused and got punched in the mouth and told to keep quiet by his own father!

A statue of Schembechler outside the stadium has been defaced with red paint including the graffiti 'Bo Knew'.

Basically, everyone keep your mouth shut to protect the good name of the team/organisation and turn a blind eye and let the abuser carry on abusing.

Where have we heard that before?

Edit:
Initial allegations surfaced in 2018, the defacing of the statue happened over the last few days. I'm quite an avid follower of US sports but I don't remember hearing much about this compared to Penn State.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned previously and don't want to derail the thread closer to home, but there looks to be another Penn State type sex abuse scandal in US college football.

Don't know how to post the link but read on the CBS Sports website that Michigan head coach Bo Schembechler did nothing despite complaints that the team doctor was sexually abusing male athletes under the guise of medical treatment in the 1970s and 80s.

Worst of all, it's alleged Schembechler's own son went to him to say he had been abused and got punched in the mouth and told to keep quiet by his own father!

A statue of Schembechler outside the stadium has been defaced with red paint including the graffiti 'Bo Knew'.

Basically, everyone keep your mouth shut to protect the good name of the team/organisation and turn a blind eye and let the abuser carry on abusing.

Edit:
Initial allegations surfaced in 2018, the defacing of the statue happened over the last few days. I'm quite an avid follower of US sports but I don't remember hearing much about this compared to Penn State.

Spotlight are on it Mr B, thanks.

The disgraced O'Brien and Winning accompanied by Lord Mcconnel and Alex Salmond have/had influence on the public perception of abuse ! When Lord Reid added his tuppence worth with his connections is there any wonder society wonders how high this scandal goes ?
Governments decided to exempt sporting and religious groups from csa cases(how fitting).
A disgraceful national scandal within a so called civil society, that no one has an appetite to address.
Accusations of bigotry and point scoring when the subject is raised, hopefully common decency and justice will eventually prevail.
The 16% hold much greater sway than their low population would suggest.

I have been doing some early Christmas Shopping, so to help get myself into the spirit of things, I listened to some Christmas Carols, as I began to gift wrap the presents that I had just purchased.

I also had a wee dram or two to help me get through this arduous task. This got me thinking about how much children look forward to this time of year however it brought a tear to my eye as I started to think about, how do the parents from the dark side sell this time of year to their children knowing full well that this is supposed to be about glorifying the birth of a child (Our Saviour) and yet they refuse to accept what has happened for many years at the PaedoDome.

Countless innocent little kids who only had one dream, a dream to play for them, only to have their lives ruined. Merry Christmas to the depraved adults from the East, if only they all truely realised what it really means to have children and how important it is to protect them from harm.

My take on this is simple, Children must be protected at all cost or what's the point. Ooch! noo that I have got that oot of my system I'm away tae have a nither dram. A Very Merry Early Christmas to all the Bears.

Their sponsors have been warned
More than once
It would be a reasonable business decision if you are a sponsor to not rock the boat and let any current deal run its course - and cross fingers that the deal would be over before the manure hits the air mixer or at least maximise the deal until things change - then win good PR for then cancelling the deal.

Cynical but unsurprising.

Until this hits the headlines, not much may change re sponsors in the short term. But they may be disinclined to extend any sponsorship. Or they may be part of DD's empire anyway.

I have been doing some early Christmas Shopping, so to help get myself into the spirit of things, I listened to some Christmas Carols, as I began to gift wrap the presents that I had just purchased.

I also had a wee dram or two to help me get through this arduous task. This got me thinking about how much children look forward to this time of year however it brought a tear to my eye as I started to think about, how do the parents from the dark side sell this time of year to their children knowing full well that this is supposed to be about glorifying the birth of a child (Our Saviour) and yet they refuse to accept what has happened for many years at the PaedoDome.

Countless innocent little kids who only had one dream, a dream to play for them, only to have their lives ruined. Merry Christmas to the depraved adults from the East, if only they all truely realised what it really means to have children and how important it is to protect them from harm.

My take on this is simple, Children must be protected at all cost or what's the point. Ooch! noo that I have got that oot of my system I'm away tae have a nither dram. A Very Merry Early Christmas to all the Bears.
It's incredible mate it really is, there are people out there who are willing to take the horrors of what they seen and knew to their grave and for that Shame on Them

Edit:

That’s it up on Spotlight, with our comparison of their behaviour to Celtics Mr B.

The contrast is stark.

The MPs stance over this scandal has been disgraceful. They have ignored victim/ survivors. They have refused to comment on it, and have hidden behind what is frankly, a disgraceful review from the sfa.

Just who are the MPs representing? It's citizens who have suffered abuse, or those who perpetrated and continue to cover up this scandal.?
When Spotlight first started the SNP refused to engage with us. I personally contacted a certain MP in Westminster that promised me I would have a reply within 48 hours.
I got the reply within 24 hours. It was a standard reply, but it showed that the SNP chose to ignore this subject. You’ll obviously know as you follow this that I’ve said it before.. Certain individuals within that party must answer questions under oath.

Thank you mate, and thanks to you & many others for helping us with evidence we can use to expose & illustrate this.

On the one hand, it is depressing that there is so much evidence out there but on the other hand, at least we know that the Spotlight team are fighting for the victims and survivors here in Scotland unlike so many in positions of authority who have scandalously abandoned their legal and moral responsibilities.

Yet the SNP pretend to care about children and young adults,Their hypocrisy is disgusting.

Given the exposure and payouts that we have seen world wide from these abuse rings which seem to mainly involve the Roman Catholic Church is Scotland the last 'cover up country'? From our 'free press' media, to the police, the judiciary, and our government it seems protecting the guilty and 'the church' is far more important than giving a voice to those that suffered at the hands of these 'state sanctioned' abusers.

(edited as I prefer to use the term survivors rather than victims, however with this there are those that have passed without their voices ever really being heard or believed by those who had the power and obligation to take action.)
We joke about celtic's media influence but the muted coverage to date, considering the probable outcome, has been nothing short of bizarre.

This will turn out a global news story.

Those responsible for the worst cases of abuse in the sporting world deserve all that is coming there way. The sexual assaults, molestation and psychological damage caused repeatedly by organised paedophiles. The colossal mistakes are horrendous and the victims are many, spanning over five decades. Whoever decided to take the stance of silence and denial must have a perverse behavioural problem.
The club like no other is indeed just that,internal investigation? Police omitted from day one, lawyers and insurers contacted?
Their arrogance is abysmal and sickening, they think they are above the law, aided by governments,football authorities and governing bodies.
Hopefully there day is indeed coming.

Exempt from responsibility since 1888 ?
Once this is fully exposed I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this spans a lot longer the 5 decades.

Their actions or non actions so far would certainly suggest the latter, it really does make you wonder just what it is that they are afraid of.

Back