Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It would be a reasonable business decision if you are a sponsor to not rock the boat and let any current deal run its course - and cross fingers that the deal would be over before the manure hits the air mixer or at least maximise the deal until things change - then win good PR for then cancelling the deal.

Cynical but unsurprising.

Until this hits the headlines, not much may change re sponsors in the short term. But they may be disinclined to extend any sponsorship. Or they may be part of DD's empire anyway.
There is no commercial benefit in a company disassociating itself from celtic as they will not be truly toxic until guilt is crystalised through the compensation payouts.

They can then pull out with only positive PR for their brand.

Benny Rooney who managed Morton? Didn't the Morton player from the 80's, Ritchie, claim he was abused at Celtic too? These guys dragged these secrets around every club in Scotland
Andy Ritchie was brought in by Tommy Burns to run CBC and spoke of a "stench of evil" and "cutting the apron strings"

Andy Ritchie was aware and it seems to me only one man was targeted as an abuser.

Tells you everything you need to know about the SNP controlled police state called scotland.....utterly unbelievable and disgraceful,we are becoming the worlds shame thanks to kranky & co and the catholic cult.

Tells you everything you need to know about the SNP controlled police state called scotland.....utterly unbelievable and disgraceful,we are becoming the worlds shame thanks to kranky & co and the catholic cult.
Absolutely shocking. If there had been a plausible reason for this then they would surely not be secretive about it. Shameful yet absolutely predictable. I'm astonished that they can get away with not giving a reason, although admittedly I shouldn't be by now.

Absolutely shocking. If there had been a plausible reason for this then they would surely not be secretive about it. Shameful yet absolutely predictable. I'm astonished that they can get away with not giving a reason, although admittedly I shouldn't be by now.
100% agree mate, this just serves to highlight what Spotlight are up against in their campaign for justice and for the truth. F&ckin sickened by this.

Southampton FC left Bob Higgins free to abuse, reports finds https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-59417390
In its response to the report, Southampton FC said there had been a "complete institutional failure" on its part.
A statement said: "It is very clear that the club completely failed to protect so many young people from suffering abuse over a long period of time.
"This failure was then compounded by the complete lack of support for those boys who were brave enough to speak up about the abuse. There is no excuse for that.
"It cannot be possible that anyone could fail to regard any coach having so many children stay at their house or engage in so many extremely odd behaviours around children as highly unusual and inappropriate."

Southampton FC left Bob Higgins free to abuse, reports finds https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-59417390

'It said the board was made aware of a complaint against Higgins in 1979, shortly before he left the club for a period, but there was no detail available about its nature or the club's response.

The report also said a letter from the chairman'

We do know from the celtic view the nature of the celtics boards response from their 'investigation' in the early 80s.

In summary - There was no evidence to substantiate the allegations, the people accused were of excellent character, the allegations should be buried 'once and for all' and thinly veiled threats of legal action against anyone else who was thinking of speaking out.

'It said the board was made aware of a complaint against Higgins in 1979, shortly before he left the club for a period, but there was no detail available about its nature or the club's response.

The report also said a letter from the chairman'

We do know from the celtic view the nature of the celtics boards response from their 'investigation' in the early 80s.

In summary - There was no evidence to substantiate the allegations, the people accused were of excellent character, the allegations should be buried 'once and for all' and thinly veiled threats of legal action against anyone else who was thinking of speaking out.

It was those veiled threats of legal action that made a safe haven for those paedophiles and victims afraid to speak out.

Story in news this week about a paedophiles case being dropped because of a 30 year old letter claiming exemption from prosecution signed by lawyers at the time. Wouldn't be a surprise if this mob has a similar get out clause. They are devious and morally corrupt enough and don't really give a toss about what's happening.

Story in news this week about a paedophiles case being dropped because of a 30 year old letter claiming exemption from prosecution signed by lawyers at the time. Wouldn't be a surprise if this mob has a similar get out clause. They are devious and morally corrupt enough and don't really give a toss about what's happening.

He must have done some serious grassing to earn that.

Again, words can’t express how it must feel to be a victim of these bastards (not just at Celtic but all over)

How the snp as governing body are continuing to ignore this is unfathomable, one can only assume senior people within there are or were heavily backed by those who need these facts hidden.
Id go as far as saying that turkeys dont vote for Christmas

Again, words can’t express how it must feel to be a victim of these bastards (not just at Celtic but all over)

How the snp as governing body are continuing to ignore this is unfathomable, one can only assume senior people within there are or were heavily backed by those who need these facts hidden.
Look at their actions Cardinals allowed to go to Vatican extradite priests from Canada and let them go free actions speak louder than words

Do the Spotlight guys know if any of the Celtic Boys Club abusers included others that were any of the following

legal
police
politicians
clergy
celebrities
businessmen

Or are the known abusers exclusively directly connected to celtic?

Do the Spotlight guys know if any of the Celtic Boys Club abusers included others that were any of the following

legal
police
politicians
clergy
celebrities
businessmen

I think what they know in that respect should stay silent until required

Let those with guilt suffer the fear of what is to come

legal
police
politicians
clergy
celebrities
businessmen

I don't know if an open forum like FollowFollow is the right place to discuss such a sensitive subject.

But I'm sure the Spotlight guys would be happy to hear from anyone with something to share.

legal
police
politicians
clergy
celebrities
businessmen

37,133 and 37,136
I hope that answers your question Alvor.
Spotlight will always release what we can, when we can.
The most important issue in the coming weeks and months is the brave men coming forward.

Compare and contrast the retrospective independent inquiries from Man City and Southampton, the latter commissioned Barnados to look into the abuse at their club. Another certain club cannot even admit any failings
Your last point is the bit I really don’t get. They’ve had endless opportunities to try and do the right thing and refuse to. You can only speculate as to why and the difference between them, Man City and Southampton.

Your last point is the bit I really don’t get. They’ve had endless opportunities to try and do the right thing and refuse to. You can only speculate as to why and the difference between them, Man City and Southampton.

The only thing I can think of is that as well as the names already well known to us all to be involved there must be those out there that have still no be named (possibly well known people) & for that to continue they need to continue their stance / silence as they all need to protect each other for the cover up to continue

Just channel hopping on Netflix and came across “Spotlight “ the best picture at the academy awards, previously when I asked the young team on our bus if they had watched it, they looked at me with a vacant look, I done my best to explain what it was about and the connection to The Spotlight team on here. After that they intimated they were going to watch the film. What I am thinking now is do you think Rc’s know what this picture is related to and will not watch it?

Back