Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

why would certain MSP's want to distance themselves from this scandal leaving them in career suicide when the news breaks, the nation would then see them and their agenda and decide not to vote them back in especially if they were of decent moral fibre and found this aiding and abetting totally abhorrent.

why would certain MSP's want to distance themselves from this scandal leaving them in career suicide when the news breaks, the nation would then see them and their agenda and decide not to vote them back in especially if they were of decent moral fibre and found this aiding and abetting totally abhorrent.

One MSP dissapeared like a fart in the wind after an inital fishing trip swathed in faux pas concern then admitting to hearing and knowing certain things ....and still he placed his own son in danger of being abused.

Absolute pondlife

Unfortunately some of the parents are brainwashed by that disgusting cult. It helps when there is a compliant media as well. You only need to look at the Leigh Griffiths article. In the article it stated parents weren’t happy with the child due to her ‘flirty texts’ with Griff. No Leigh Griffiths was asking for naked photos of a child. Absolutely disgusting and no wonder why these paedophiles in this country feel like they can get away with it. If that was my kid The last person who’d be the victim would be the paedophile FS!

Press propaganda.

When was the last time Celtic were asked how their enquiry (which started c2017) is coming along? or if it is complete? or when it is due? or why it's taking so long? or if it even exists?

Presumably Celtic have been silent on the issue as even a simple answer to any one of those questions would no doubt see them digging themselves deeper into the hole they've already dug.

It's astonishing that no media or politicians follow up on this.

Can anyone recall anyone asking them about it since Lawwell first mentioned it (at least 2 years ago IIRC)?

The silence from Police Scotland who should be demanding a copy, as this report may contain evidence of possible criminality is another absolute disgrace.

From the herald, 1996

CELTIC Football Club yesterday set up a free telephone hotline to help people involved in the incidents of alleged sex abuse at the boys' club during the 1970s.

Trained counsellors will be available all week to provide support and guidance for individuals and their families.

Managing director Fergus McCann said yesterday that ``many'' people had been affected by ``the recent focus surrounding alleged events in the early 1970s'

Why would Celtic do this in 1996 for people they say they now have no responsibility for and were part of a seperate entity to them?

A full independent enquiry carried out by an organisation outwith and with no links to Scotland must take place immediately. I would suggest such an enquiry should be undertaken by the Metropolitan Police and it should report directly to the UK Government. This is the biggest paedophile ring ever in world sport and a lot of its members and crimes have been uncovered by a group of hard working conscientious amatures.
It's time for professional investigators to become involved and take this to the next level, I'm sure after the Met interviews the Spotlight team they would be well equipped to unearth even more of the abusers, enablers and those guilty of facilitating the covering up of these horrendous crimes against children.
When a proper enquiry does take place a lot of people will be shitting themselves and I have no doubt these will include Priests, Politicians, Police Officers and many more. The amount of evidence uncovered by the Spotlight team should not be underestimated and I'm sure there will be new names coming out in due course along with the evidence to send them down. Scotland is becoming a refuge for paedophiles, the sentences handed out to those responsible for child rape is embarrassing in this country.
These children (and that's exactly what they were) deserve justice, and it's time it was delivered. Celtics victims have more dignity and honour than anyone at Celtic. Let's also remember those who because of the horror they were made to endure took their own lives and are no longer with us and will never see justice. Their only crime was to want to play for the club the loved, To the survivors of the horror, you have my admiration and you are an inspiration to us all for the way you have fought for justice in a dignified manner and have not let yourselves be bullied into giving up. To the Spotlight team I say thank you, you have showed there are things more important than what football team you support.
To those at Celtic both past and present I say, stop torturing the victims and come forward and give a truthful account of what you know. These were children for Christs sake.

A full independent enquiry carried out by an organisation outwith and with no links to Scotland must take place immediately. I would suggest such an enquiry should be undertaken by the Metropolitan Police and it should report directly to the UK Government. This is the biggest paedophile ring ever in world sport and a lot of its members and crimes have been uncovered by a group of hard working conscientious amatures.
It's time for professional investigators to become involved and take this to the next level, I'm sure after the Met interviews the Spotlight team they would be well equipped to unearth even more of the abusers, enablers and those guilty of facilitating the covering up of these horrendous crimes against children.
When a proper enquiry does take place a lot of people will be shitting themselves and I have no doubt these will include Priests, Politicians, Police Officers and many more. The amount of evidence uncovered by the Spotlight team should not be underestimated and I'm sure there will be new names coming out in due course along with the evidence to send them down. Scotland is becoming a refuge for paedophiles, the sentences handed out to those responsible for child rape is embarrassing in this country.
These children (and that's exactly what they were) deserve justice, and it's time it was delivered. Celtics victims have more dignity and honour than anyone at Celtic. Let's also remember those who because of the horror they were made to endure took their own lives and are no longer with us and will never see justice. Their only crime was to want to play for the club the loved, To the survivors of the horror, you have my admiration and you are an inspiration to us all for the way you have fought for justice in a dignified manner and have not let yourselves be bullied into giving up. To the Spotlight team I say thank you, you have showed there are things more important than what football team you support.
To those at Celtic both past and present I say, stop torturing the victims and come forward and give a truthful account of what you know. These were children for Christs sake.
Silence is no longer an option

Spotlight are aware of another beast linked to the club. An ex-scout.
Unfortunately he’s in the Far East, but we’re led to believe there’s an extradition case going on at the moment.
We know exactly who it is, and his name has appeared in some of our research. Unfortunately if we name him publicly then we will be in trouble. We also know the press are gagged on this.
The day may come where we will name him but not at this stage.

Good grief. That's verging towards the outer limits of depravity. These people need to be held to account in very short order.
That's how abusers work. They will use every trick, every deceit, every possible method of manipulation under the sun to enable their abuse. It is textbook stuff. There is no doubt in my mind that abusers were drawn to CBC precisely because of the environment where parents and victims would be cowed into silence for fear of reprisals and then later drawn because of the tolerated "open secret" of abuse.

Whilst I totally agree with the context of this post, I’m not convinced the Met are the force to investigate this. One of their Assistant Commissioners is the ex, and first, Chief Constable of Police Scotland.
When you watch dramas like four lives and Anne, confidence in Police investigating Police isn’t there, that’s why the Independent Police Investigation organisations were set up in the devolved government areas of the UK.
If any type of proof of Police failure can be identified, these organisations need to conduct the enquiry but the problems in Scotland lie with the beliefs of the investigators and the lack of desire to punish their own.

Could this be one of spotlights hidden gems coming to fruition?
Seems like it. He is named in a clip above. Been hearing about this one in the Far East for a while. Another to add to their list, theyll soon have a full team. What a disgusting place that club must have been during these years. It chills me to the bone when I think of the amount of lads that went through their boys clubs. A hell of a lot not here now to tell their story. It just gets worse as it goes on.

And another tracked down by Spotlight..

A former youth coach with links to Celtic and Alloa Athletic has been charged in connection with allegations of sexual abuse against young boys.

Mark McAuley, 31, of Dunfermline, Fife, is facing nine charges involving four children. He is accused of sexual offences against two boys under the age of 13 and two other youths under the age of 16.

McAuley’s online CV states that he was an international coach with the Celtic Soccer Academy, which is part of the Premiership club and teaches children to “learn to play the Celtic way”.

Photographs posted online by the academy in 2019 show him working with young boys and girls, wearing Celtic FC training gear, at club-sanctioned training events held in Sweden, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

McAuley also helped to train young players at Alloa Athletic between December 2018 and March 2020.

The League One club stressed his role as a coach with their youth academy had been voluntary and unpaid. Ewen Cameron, the club secretary, said: “Mr McAuley had been vetted and cleared in line with all of the club’s established child safeguarding policies prior to his appointment and at no time had the club any reason to doubt the probity of his conduct as part of his duties.”

It is alleged that McAuley repeatedly pinned a child down, put his hand under their trousers and touched their genitals. He is also accused of asking a child to remove his clothing and inviting them into his bed while he wore only his underwear.

McAuley also faces three charges of sending a sexual communication to a child, one of causing a child to hear a verbal sexual communication and another of causing a boy to look at a sexual image.

The alleged offences are said to have taken place at addresses in Dunfermline, Edinburgh and Tain in the Highlands, as well as in a vehicle on the A9 and elsewhere, between February 2016 and August 2019. McAuley, who previously ran a children’s football coaching business in the Highlands, pleaded not guilty to all charges when his case was called at Inverness sheriff court late last year. Sheriff Margaret Neilson adjourned the case until next month and released McAuley on bail.

It is alleged that McAuley repeatedly pinned a child down, put his hand under their trousers and touched their genitals. He is also accused of asking a child to remove his clothing and inviting them into his bed while he wore only his underwear.

McAuley also faces three charges of sending a sexual communication to a child, one of causing a child to hear a verbal sexual communication and another of causing a boy to look at a sexual image.

Celtic FC did not respond to a request for comment. Its website says: “We are committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults from all forms of harm and actively promote the creation of a positive, safe and supportive environment.”

Back