Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Quite an interesting approach to this story from a tabloid driven by generating clicks and click bait - they included alloa (and now dunfermline) in the headline. Not sure how that fits in with their usual operating model.

Also they were very clear in telling the readers that the alleged incidents did not happen at Celtic - not sure how they know that, but assuming they do it's odd their focus is on where the alleged incidents didn't take place rather than where the alleged incidents did take place.

As I said somewhere else, the media and written press could still report or have opinions on those who have already been convicted and their links to CFC surely? Could they not also discuss a number of alleged suspects who are still to go through court cases and are linked to CFC not by name obviously. Build a picture if you like.

Is that not what investigative journalism is all about in a free country? Hell, they don't even need to investigate, all the evidence they need has been uncovered by Spot Light.

Surprise surprise no mention in any other papers
What really gets me is, it is written by a trainee reporter. Looks like all the big reporters are either to scared to put their name to it, or have been silenced in some way.
Gordon will be glad that this reporter has came good and got some sort of story out.

My concern with part of it, it has went to privvy council, which includes sturgeon.

I really do hope that other reporters grow a back bone after reading this.

Well done to Gordon and spotlight for all you are doing. Even one little story like this can maybe help in the long run.

What really gets me is, it is written by a trainee reporter. Looks like all the big reporters are either to scared to put their name to it, or have been silenced in some way.
Gordon will be glad that this reporter has came good and got some sort of story out.

My concern with part of it, it has went to privvy council, which includes sturgeon.

Well done to Gordon and spotlight for all you are doing. Even one little story like this can maybe help in the long run.
I noticed that too. The tentacles are long and nefarious.

Maybe a wee thing for the spotlight team the guys email is Jordan.Shepherd@Reachplc.com,
Jordan Shepherd
Scottish Daily Express Reporter. Jordan is originally from the North East of Scotland. Moving to study Journalism at Glasgow Clyde College in 2017 before completing his studies at Edinburgh Napier. Jordan has an interest in crime, mental health and people-focused stories.

If he been allowed to run with story maybe if he had some more interesting fact that's been recovered, could be of interest

Ex-Pope Benedict failed to act over abuse cases - inquiry https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60070132
The Roman Catholic Cult have a lot to answer for and this vile football club is just one of them,
The power and influence it has is considerable with hardcore followers in every media and political organisation in the world not just Scotland,These radicalized individuals will fight tooth and nail to protect their own even when it is morally indefensible.

Quite an interesting approach to this story from a tabloid driven by generating clicks and click bait - they included alloa (and now dunfermline) in the headline. Not sure how that fits in with their usual operating model.

Also they were very clear in telling the readers that the alleged incidents did not happen at Celtic - not sure how they know that, but assuming they do it's odd their focus is on where the alleged incidents didn't take place rather than where the alleged incidents did take place.
What does “at Celtic” mean?
Not at their ground, training centre, during ”their” time?

Maybe a wee thing for the spotlight team the guys email is Jordan.Shepherd@Reachplc.com,
Jordan Shepherd
Scottish Daily Express Reporter. Jordan is originally from the North East of Scotland. Moving to study Journalism at Glasgow Clyde College in 2017 before completing his studies at Edinburgh Napier. Jordan has an interest in crime, mental health and people-focused stories.

If he been allowed to run with story maybe if he had some more interesting fact that's been recovered, could be of interest

Yes thanks, but we’re on it Scottie.

I've just e-mailed my MP.
Copy and paste to your elected officials.
Put the spotlight on them.

Hello Hannah,

Can you help? Will you explain to me why there has not been a Government sanctioned inquiry into the decades of child sexual abuse at Celtic Football Club.
It is utterly shameful that the victims of these crimes have been ignored by those who have a duty to protect them, and to have those responsible called to account for their crimes.

If the Scottish National Party are politically motivated in the application of the law in Scotland, as suggested in the media, then they are no better than the criminals who go unpunished. What have we become?

I look forward to your reply.

Mr Intrepid

The sad thing is as good as passing this over to Westminister sounds, they are somehow even more experienced in covering up these sorts of issues. The only people you can truly trust are the victims and their support network. It's a horrible world out there honestly.

The sad thing is as good as passing this over to Westminister sounds, they are somehow even more experienced in covering up these sorts of issues. The only people you can truly trust are the victims and their support network. It's a horrible world out there honestly.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a privy council meeting, watching Sturgeon trying explain why their own CSA enquiry excluded religious and sporting organisations, two top perpetrators you would imagine.

My concerns are certain former MPs, especially ones who, shall we say, are rumoured to be heavily involved in Rangers' problems 10 years ago, who retain enough political clout to be able to derail this.

That said, it was always obvious that outside influence and scrutiny was required here.

SNP and SFA - what do you have to hide?

Jordan Shepherd

Could an editor be using him to try to draw more information from Spotlight?

Having said that, I'm sure Spotlight know what they can reveal at this time.

Could an editor be using him to try to draw more information from Spotlight?

Having said that, I'm sure Spotlight know what they can reveal at this time.
Nothing leaves Spotlight unless to trusted individuals and the authorities. If any journalist plays foul with Spotlight then we’ll out them.
All our research is there for anyone to see. Journalists have approached us in the past asking if they can use this. We have no problem with that whatsoever but we are aware of the apologists amongst the press. Every last one of them.

As I said somewhere else, the media and written press could still report or have opinions on those who have already been convicted and their links to CFC surely? Could they not also discuss a number of alleged suspects who are still to go through court cases and are linked to CFC not by name obviously. Build a picture if you like.

Is that not what investigative journalism is all about in a free country? Hell, they don't even need to investigate, all the evidence they need has been uncovered by Spot Light.
More important issues to address apparently.

BBC Scotland have sanctioned a documentary on "questionable decisions" relating to U.S. import tax on a Scot's beer company ffs! To be fair, this clearly has far more reaching implications for our society than...... oh I don't know..... say the failure to highlight the lack of any government led enquiry into historical child abuse?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a privy council meeting, watching Sturgeon trying explain why their own CSA enquiry excluded religious and sporting organisations, two top perpetrators you would imagine.

My concerns are certain former MPs, especially ones who, shall we say, are rumoured to be heavily involved in Rangers' problems 10 years ago, who retain enough political clout to be able to derail this.

That said, it was always obvious that outside influence and scrutiny was required here.

SNP and SFA - what do you have to hide?
No need to imagine!

I’ve been in awe of the people on this thread for a few years now and I get the feeling that things are starting to come together for the long suffering victims in this whole dreadful saga. Justice and vindication for the survivors first and foremost and for the perpetrators and their enablers to be publicly held to account.

I will never understand how highlighting child abuse, and trying to get justice for the crimes committed against children, is somehow worse than the abuse itself. Do these people not have a moral compass? Honestly, I despair at the lack of values and morals at times.
thats the celtic way, could it be coming home to roost, and a smell of panic and fear, fair play to the Express for having the balls to highlight it, could there be some even in high places beginning to sense something beginning to brew, will not be surprised Kim jung Sturgeon having a word with reach plc to try and shut this down as she has control of other media outlets who are not shy reporting on the Maxwell case but ignoring closer to home

thats the celtic way, could it be coming home to roost, and a smell of panic and fear, fair play to the Express for having the balls to highlight it, could there be some even in high places beginning to sense something beginning to brew, will not be surprised Kim jung Sturgeon having a word with reach plc to try and shut this down as she has control of other media outlets who are not shy reporting on the Maxwell case but ignoring closer to home
I get the impression she won't be able to stop the release of information once the court cases are over. Pandora's box is about to be opened.

Said this for long and weary. Wrote to politicians about this for long and weary.

Getting really pissed off know with the lack of action by unionist parties on this catastrophe. Told them this is the easiest way to rid us of the SNP. Shame on them all, shameless cowards, guess that's why they are politicians.

Looks like demonstrations by the Rangers support is a way forward to embarrass these clowns in to some sort of action.

Good job Knewco Celtic were not involved in tax issues. Politicians would be all over them. NOT.
They were as individuals from the Boardroom down to the players with FITAS,,, Film Industry Tax Avoidance Schemes, they were at the time of use like EBT's legal loopholes and then they were outlawed and users chased for the missing funds. That is why Sutton was bankrupted after transfering his home to his wife as an asset dodge. Then of course there was Lennon's shady deals but the SMSM don't want to highlight that nor SSB....for two years .
Sorry derailing the thread.

But how come the U.S. legal system was able to deal properly with the Penn State case and apply the full weight of the law against the perpetrators there? It must surely be possible, given the weight and volume of evidence that exists against celt*c and their perpetrators that something similar will happen here. I know the U.S. is a very different country with a different legal system, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the U.K. legal system will punish that horrible club and their perpetrators accordingly.

Saw this earlier on Twitter.

It was from an earlier post on this thread. I wrote those bullet points a few days after the SFA report was released... It wasn't a list specifically about Celtic's crimes.. It was a list of things that were missing from the review/whitewash. There was more that I missed off, the main one being no mention of Hibs mentioning that an abuser has taken up another position in football working with children.

For an SFA report to miss these points, and to actually offer praise to Celtic, is as obvious an admission as possible that there was an unbelievable amount of corruption involved.

We now know the author of the report was a business partner of one of Scotland's worst ever paedophiles... a paedophile that had set up a boys club for Celtic after already being convicted of abuse. We know that clubs/a certain club were allowed to see the report before it was released. We know that victims statements and the horrific actions they bravely described weren't included in the report. We know that some of the authors/investigators had ties with Celtic and Celtics representatives in the SFA. We know that passages in the SFA charter were changed/removed which a certain club would have fallen foul of. We know the release of the report was delayed and delayed for longer than was feasibly possible for an honest investigation. We know that SNP politicians had a stock reply to any enquiry asking for help, that reply being to wait for the report. We know that there has been no help or support to victims from the Scottish Government since the release of the report. As soon as the report was released the BBC published an article mentioning Rangers but not Celtic, only Celtic Boys Club. It wasn't clear who wrote that article.

The dam has burst though, there has to be another inquiry, and hopefully some of you reading this will be spending the rest of your life watching your back behind bars.

Last edited:
As I have posted on here before and for the Lurkers and new members .....if you were to be sentenced to 5 years in Barlinnie would you prefer it to be for Tax Evasion of a Legal Tax Loophole or as a child sexual abuser of a boy(s) who only wanted to make it at a Club he/they
loved?

Or in simple terms do you condemn or condone Child Rape. or were you abused by the local Priest and just think it is a rite of passage from being a child to a man and normal?

For a Football Club fan base who are more interested in the rights of Palestinanians, Collecting for Food Banks, and the employment of personnel at your Club or the TAX affairs of your biggest opponent, why not the suffering of innocent children under the banner of YOUR Club.?
And why hand your Cash over to it every year in Season Tickets, European match tickets, strips and other merchandise, you then become an enabler and a denier with a complete lack of any moral compass or fibre.

Back