Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Perhaps some courageous journalist could ask her why and the difference in not blocking Big Val re Goodwillie?
Apparently it's only selective degenerate behaviour the government wish to highlight? Ms Sturgeons own party is plagued with diseased deviants. Omitting sporting and religious groups from scrutiny should have had alarm bells ringing, however it is common knowledge that dioceses the length and breadth of the country is awash with paedophiles. The biggest scandal in sporting history being relatively ignored by all , why is this being allowed to happen without redress ?
The truth matters, the seriousness of this national disgrace affecting hundreds over decades is absolutely abhorrent.

To all the "journalists" reading this, how the f*ck can you sleep at night when you fail to do your job on such a serious issue? You are the only ones who can really get this out in the open, so why are you not doing it? Obviously to the one or two who are doing their bit, thank you and keep up the good work. The rest of you should hang your head in shame.

To all the "journalists" reading this, how the f*ck can you sleep at night when you fail to do your job on such a serious issue? You are the only ones who can really get this out in the open, so why are you not doing it? Obviously to the one or two who are doing their bit, thank you and keep up the good work. The rest of you should hang your head in shame.
They always shout about a free press!
Well it works both ways' they can't just pick and choose the stories that suit their agenda' I remember Hugh keevins saying that a newspaper mans job was to sell newspapers! No it's not its to investigate a story and report it without fear or favour

They always shout about a free press!
Well it works both ways' they can't just pick and choose the stories that suit their agenda' I remember Hugh keevins saying that a newspaper mans job was to sell newspapers! No it's not its to investigate a story and report it without fear or favour
Having worked in the industry a long time, and left some years ago, I can guarantee you that ‘controversial’ stories/subjects are only reported if the owners/editors of the newspapers concerned want to see the material made public.
If they have a vested interest in keeping something under wraps, they will do the bare minimum on that subject and try to ignore its existence if they can.
It is harder for them these days with social media but when it comes to legal matters, they always hide behind the ‘sub judice’ cloak.
And, as highlighted above, they are the first ones to scream ‘freedom of the press’ when they are being blocked from getting information they want to highlight something that suits their agenda.

@BN94, @Grigo Yossarian and all of the Spotlight team deserve medals for calling this out. Based on what we now know, it is without doubt the worst case of child abuse ever perpetrated in UK sport. Those who allowed this to happen - i.e. Celtic fc, its board of directors, the SNP/Green led Scottish Parliament and the vast majority of the press corps in Scotland will deserve everything they get when the truth finally comes out. Most importantly, I hope the victims get some solace following the horrible crimes they have been subjected to by those horrible people.

@BN94, @Grigo Yossarian and all of the Spotlight team deserve medals for calling this out. Based on what we now know, it is without doubt the worst case of child abuse ever perpetrated in UK sport. Those who allowed this to happen - i.e. Celtic fc, its board of directors, the SNP/Green led Scottish Parliament and the vast majority of the press corps in Scotland will deserve everything they get when the truth finally comes out. Most importantly, I hope the victims get some solace following the horrible crimes they have been subjected to by those horrible people.
Worst case in WORLD sport,puts penn state in the lower league.

Celtic didn’t just allow it to happen Bluenote, they hid it & ultimately caused more children to be abused mate.

We have proof.

Russell Findlay, MSP seems to be prepared to confront the SNP over their corruption. He’s in the news today exposing Keith Brown’s failure to have had any discussions over the Kinahan OCG threat.

He may be receptive to Spotlight’s concerns over the SNP’s tacit support for abusers.
I hope sincerely that you are right. Every effort to confront the SNP over their corruption is most welcome.

Celtic didn’t just allow it to happen Bluenote, they hid it & ultimately caused more children to be abused mate.

We have proof.
The perpetrators, the club and the multitude of others complicit in the perverting of the course of justice hopefully will be exposed. As with Savile, death will not exonerate/absolve their behaviour. Reference to the similarities of Penn State case are interesting ,dementia? unable to testify? What is unfolding should shock the world . Concealing and suppressing the truth should not be an option? but hear in Scotland things are done differently. Oh for an investigative "journalist of distinction ".
Non disclosure agreements can buy you time ? The clock is ticking and the fallout of this scandal is enormous, the victims and those affected deserve justice and truth.

All this damning evidence and yet this Club continues to operate and prosper! They have gotten away with it for years and nobody in the UK (never mind Scotland) want to help these guys out with fighting for justice. I absolutely despise this Country and wished I had got out years ago. Absolutely sickening.

This thread never fails to shock me.

An avalanche of evidence. Met by a wall of silence

The wheels of justice are slow at the best of times but when there's active barriers being put in place, it's horrific for victims of crime.

It's weird seeing the different attitudes to paedophiles in this country when it comes to your average case.

There's rightful outrage about it, there's parents showing huge concern for their chilldren, vigilante facebook pages being set up and your typical social media response to "lynch the bastard"...then when it comes to this case, there's a dampening of "you're just point scoring" among many.

The perpetrators, the club and the multitude of others complicit in the perverting of the course of justice hopefully will be exposed. As with Savile, death will not exonerate/absolve their behaviour. Reference to the similarities of Penn State case are interesting ,dementia? unable to testify? What is unfolding should shock the world . Concealing and suppressing the truth should not be an option? but hear in Scotland things are done differently. Oh for an investigative "journalist of distinction ".
Non disclosure agreements can buy you time ? The clock is ticking and the fallout of this scandal is enormous, the victims and those affected deserve justice and truth.
Well written as always, but the question is, is it not time to up the anti. Listen fellow Bears, I hate and despise everything about that rancid club ( they continue to laugh at our being ) but to be fare their support group think nothing of showing their frustrations by conducting demonstrations or displaying banners at games, is it at all possible that the scum of the earth is actually showing us a way to bring this whole sordid affair to a close.

Our beloved Spotlight Team have done such an incredible job but do they not now need the support, help and strength from the biggest support in the country, enough is enough.

I do not want to put a dampener on things but be honest, are we not expecting the next court hearing for the child sex abuse scandal to be delayed again, (again, again, again and so on) ENOUGH, deal with this now the evidence is overwhelming and for God's sake give the victims justice that they so richly deserve.

Back