Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Difficult to know where to start with this ?
In effect they're saying because there's been contributions to charity work - they'll ignore any other issues ?

I mean let's be honest - how can anyone even think like that - let alone go into writing with this response - and as a representative of a global brand ?
I suspect this is why many turned a blind eye for all the evil deeds of Savile - the fact that he was making millions for charities.

Hopefully, when all this is out in the open, the perpetrators, and those who protected and enabled them, will be viewed in the same way as Savile is today.

This was the piss-poor reply I received from Cadburys….

Dear BA

Thank you for your recent email regarding our partnership with Celtic FC.

We were very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding our collaboration with Celtic Football Club.

The key focus of the partnership is to help the Glasgow community through the club’s Foundation.
We created a Celtic Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, honouring the clubs greatest ever achievement, with all proceeds going directly to Celtic FC Foundation. This delivered:

• More than 11,000 hot meals served to frontline NHS staff
• More than 35,000 vulnerable families and individuals supported
• Assistance provided to more than 10,500 vulnerable pensioners
• 4,000 people facing homelessness supported

Please be assured your feedback has been duly noted our records and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Seán

Was the focus of the BBC and other charities to have a narrow interest in outcomes ? Money.

Were they blind enough not to concern themselves with Jimmy Savile's antics ? Did they listen to rumours about his sexual abuse of children ? I think they might have. They ignored it.

We know some people pointed his behaviour out but they were ignored.

So BA_Barracus you have done your duty.

So should Cadbury and Sean. Remove yourselves from Celtic. They are a poison. Money and chocolate comes second to childrens lives.

Maybe a prominent UK newspaper or journalist might want to ask why companies would want to associate with a club that danced on the grave of the Queen and both facilitated and covered up child abuse for decades? Now is the time. And the real story: just why are they so protected by both government and media in Scotland?
Spotlight are in no doubt whatsoever that they are being protected. We also believe the SFA are protecting certain individuals as their so called review wasn’t worth the paper it was written on.
A few journalists in Scotland are definitely interested, but until the court cases commence then we very much doubt you will hear anything.
We’ve had personal dealings with journalists in Scotland. I can honestly tell you that some are as committed to this as we are but they are tied to their editors, and more importantly their lawyers.
What that club has done in the past week is like I said in an earlier post. They have shown the world what they are. The world now needs to know their history on this subject.
Can I just add this, and some know this anyway. Those of you that want to get involved in contacting sponsors etc., then please feel free to use our research. We will also assist you if required.

Spotlight are in no doubt whatsoever that they are being protected. We also believe the SFA are protecting certain individuals as their so called review wasn’t worth the paper it was written on.
A few journalists in Scotland are definitely interested, but until the court cases commence then we very much doubt you will hear anything.
We’ve had personal dealings with journalists in Scotland. I can honestly tell you that some are as committed to this as we are but they are tied to their editors, and more importantly their lawyers.
What that club has done in the past week is like I said in an earlier post. They have shown the world what they are. The world now needs to know their history on this subject.
Can I just add this, and some know this anyway. Those of you that want to get involved in contacting sponsors etc., then please feel free to use our research. We will also assist you if required.

Protecting an ex Celtic and SFA Chairman.

Mr finger wagger

Thanks. There’s a story to be broken here. It will make that journalist‘s name. It would likely destroy any Scottish journalist‘s career. It‘s maybe more likely now the likes of The Mail will take an interest.

Last edited:
Thanks. There’s a story to be broken here. It will make that journalist‘s name. It would likely destroy any Scottish journalist‘s career. It‘s maybe more likely now the likes of The Mail will take an interest.
If a journalist was to take this subject on then we think it would definitely be a full time commitment.
Spotlight have actually handed more to certain journalists along with the authorities.
The timing in using this information is very important. If we were to release everything now, then the defence teams could claim their client isn’t receiving a fair trial due to recent press reports. The information is definitely in the correct legal hands. We can assure you of this.

If a journalist was to take this subject on then we think it would definitely be a full time commitment.
Spotlight have actually handed more to certain journalists along with the authorities.
The timing in using this information is very important. If we were to release everything now, then the defence teams could claim their client isn’t receiving a fair trial due to recent press reports. The information is definitely in the correct legal hands. We can assure you of this.
Sounds like you guys are keeping the most sensitive (but nuclear) material for selected eyes only?

The way it should be.

Sounds like you guys are keeping the most sensitive (but nuclear) material for selected eyes only?

The way it should be.
As you well know Jim, we state facts. We also do all our own investigation work. We don’t just sit behind a keyboard. Many journalists have approached us for permission to use our research. We never say no.
We’ve had a few that have taken an interest in Spotlight. Our reply from day 1 has always been the same, and will always remain the same..
“Spotlight are not the story”
On social media you will see constant denial from the apologists. You will see them doing one thing and one thing only. Defend their club.
They will also abuse victims and their families openly on social media. Again defending their club.
My point is.. We’re talking about child abuse over decades. Multiple victims of a ring that has many connections all leading to the Catholic Church and that club. Are you telling me that Jimmy savile was in and around that club because he was an avid Celtic supporter?
It goes back further than what we know. Proving it is a different matter.
What has the club and their self proclaimed “charitable” support done for the the people who suffered proud to wear their colours? Deny and deflect.
This isn’t point scoring. 5 decades. Many of us played in this era when boys were being abused. Many of these bastards linked to that club knew it was safe.
Many enablers, whether ex-players, managers, Press individuals, politicians.., the list goes on all knew.
We want to track every last one of them down. We have the respect of some very good people.
The most important thing of all?
Justice for the survivors, and the gentlemen who suffered that are no longer with us.
An inquiry is the only way to bring the people who knew to answer questions under oath. There are many.

As you well know Jim, we state facts. We also do all our own investigation work. We don’t just sit behind a keyboard. Many journalists have approached us for permission to use our research. We never say no.
We’ve had a few that have taken an interest in Spotlight. Our reply from day 1 has always been the same, and will always remain the same..
“Spotlight are not the story”
On social media you will see constant denial from the apologists. You will see them doing one thing and one thing only. Defend their club.
They will also abuse victims and their families openly on social media. Again defending their club.
My point is.. We’re talking about child abuse over decades. Multiple victims of a ring that has many connections all leading to the Catholic Church and that club. Are you telling me that Jimmy savile was in and around that club because he was an avid Celtic supporter?
It goes back further than what we know. Proving it is a different matter.
What has the club and their self proclaimed “charitable” support done for the the people who suffered proud to wear their colours? Deny and deflect.
This isn’t point scoring. 5 decades. Many of us played in this era when boys were being abused. Many of these bastards linked to that club knew it was safe.
Many enablers, whether ex-players, managers, Press individuals, politicians.., the list goes on all knew.
We want to track every last one of them down. We have the respect of some very good people.
The most important thing of all?
Justice for the survivors, and the gentlemen who suffered that are no longer with us.
An inquiry is the only way to bring the people who knew to answer questions under oath. There are many.

I dont think they are going to actually tell the truth...not even in a courtroom.

CFC are over in Oz right now for the Sydney cup, I have been in contact with the organisers to ensure they are aware of the club they are promoting, I also contacted my local MP as the government is supporting these games, the please feel free to make contact yourself -

sam.thompson@sen.com.au

info@venuesnsw.com

arthurs@nsw.venueslive.com.au

I really hope to God that with all the hard work, stress and no doubt tears that has gone into this so far you guys can inflict a huge irrepairable crack in the Dam that has held this sordid story back for all these years.

Once the Dam bursts i have no doubt that most of the enablers will go into self preservation mode and start throwing each other under the bus.

It beggars belief to think that still to this day there is people in prominent positions doing their very best to keep these horrific crimes sealed up all for the benefit of a Football Club.

Each and every member of the Spotlight team deserve enormous credit for giving up their time to keep the pressure on those responsible. I cannot imagine some of the stories you lot have been told from those brave men who have suffered far too long.

We can only hope that justice will prevail and those responsible for these crimes aswell as the people who have kept quiet or helped facilitate know that their time is well and truly up.

Tic Toc, Tic Toc. Your time is up Scum.

P2 was Cairney he walked away as the evidence was insufficient,he denied knowing my brother and this was after my brother provided a team photo that he was in with Cairney.

Everyone at the court back then felt the judge,jury was inept,this was later found to be true as more evidence was produced and the b astard received a jail sentence,however, a short jail sentence.

As he continues to skip trial after trial our fear is that the b astard will die first before serving a proper jail sentence for his crimes.

P2 was Cairney he walked away as the evidence was insufficient,he denied knowing my brother and this was after my brother provided a team photo that he was in with Cairney.

Everyone at the court back then felt the judge,jury was inept,this was later found to be true as more evidence was produced and the b astard received a jail sentence,however, a short jail sentence.

As he continues to skip trial after trial our fear is that the b astard will die first before serving a proper jail sentence for his crimes.
I said this before and got pilloried for it, but it bears repeating again: these men will face Christ at the throne of judgement and they will answer - as we all will - for their crimes. Whoever might evade justice on this earth will not evade that reckoning. It’s why we need a Saviour.

CFC are over in Oz right now for the Sydney cup, I have been in contact with the organisers to ensure they are aware of the club they are promoting, I also contacted my local MP as the government is supporting these games, the please feel free to make contact yourself -

sam.thompson@sen.com.au

info@venuesnsw.com

arthurs@nsw.venueslive.com.au

I thought Sydney Cup was during the WC? Or are they just over promoting it

Back