Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

You would hope any settlement includes them taking full responsibility and a proper apology G, not some ‘expressing sorrow’ nonsense.

Unless they are bribing lawyers and courts, then I can’t see anyway Celtic come out of it without holding their hands up. They should have bit the bullet a long time ago and saved the victims further heartache and delay, especially in light of so much overwhelming evidence. Their flimsy defence has already been exposed by Roddy Dunlop.

If I am guessing right in terms of what some of the stronger evidence might be, then they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Whatever happens, the truth will come out.
Roddy Dunlop is actually appearing on their behalf.

You would hope any settlement includes them taking full responsibility and a proper apology G, not some ‘expressing sorrow’ nonsense.

Unless they are bribing lawyers and courts, then I can’t see anyway Celtic come out of it without holding their hands up. They should have bit the bullet a long time ago and saved the victims further heartache and delay, especially in light of so much overwhelming evidence. Their flimsy defence has already been exposed by Roddy Dunlop.

If I am guessing right in terms of what some of the stronger evidence might be, then they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Whatever happens, the truth will come out.

I think the apology might be as big an issue as the money D, because that is the point that they finally accept responsibility, thereby hopefully putting sponsors in a very difficult position.

The club are a disgrace & im still convinced that they will have to be absolutely dragged to that apology.

In the interim, good people will hopefully continue to drag their name into the media as much as possible.

At what point does someone in authority contemplate that this is way beyond a civil case and send in the Big Court?

What has been described in this thread is serious crime. It's not even negligence, there is active participation by those in power at the club (maybe not actual physical participation but definitely in the protection/ cover-up of the perpetrators and gagging of victims)

At what point does someone in authority contemplate that this is way beyond a civil case and send in the Big Court?

What has been described in this thread is serious crime. It's not even negligence, there is active participation by those in power at the club (maybe not actual physical participation but definitely in the protection/ cover-up of the perpetrators and gagging of victims)
If found in favour of the Pursuers, then any compensation payments will amount to many millions. Whilst it might seem unpalatable to some, this is a far more effective way of bringing that club to its knees, than any criminal trial against individuals.

They can settle right up until the eleventh hour. I think there is a chance that this might happen as none of the sordid details will then be made public. It all depends what Thomsons and their clients are willing to accept.
They’d be admitting guilt if they settle and it’d open the flood gates

more accurately

the main aim of Celtic Boys Club East was to attract victims to be repeatedly sexually abused under the guise of finding players for Celtic FC.

Was it an random accident so many paedophiles ended up at Celtic FC or more realistically an organised network colluded to make this theirs
Where there is one you can bet there are others.

I'm still shocked to this day that Saville is perceived as a lone wolf but you can bet your life he had a huge network of contacts and enablers at his disposal.

So you can bet these scumbags had their own network that they used.

The truth is coming and I have faith the judicial system won't ignore it any longer.

Legally they wouldn't. Morally, well thats a different story. Settling prevents evidence being put into the public domain.
Even by parties (Spotlight) that are not signed up to non-disclosure? Assuming of course that the victims would not object.

Perhaps Spotlight need to reconsider their title - Floodlight might be more appropriate.

Don't know the ins and out of law, so this is maybe a question rather than a statement

If the Pusruers win the civil case, would there be a ramping up of pressure to open a proper criminal case on the matter? Or would it be done?

The whole drift of Queer Theory and the normalisation of the LGBT agenda is towards the legalisation of paedophilia and the right of the child to have ‘consensual’ sex with whomever they choose. This is precisely what the Scottish education system is being geared towards. It is what our children are being indoctrinated into. They are being demoralised and the coming generation will not have ethical defences of their forebears. Everyone, Anyone is just part of this dialectical process that is subverting morality, society and culture. That is not a popular view round here, but is nevertheless true. We are part of the problem, reinforcing the system that may very well find a pretext to let Celtic off the hook for their vile abuse. The whole thing has to be considered as a system and we all have to play our part in dismantling it while there is still time.

A Spanish Communist politician recently asserted that boys and girls have the right to have sex with whoever they like. The same people are in our government now. NOW. The industrial scale abuse of children is nothing to them if suppressing its knowledge or accountability advances their agenda.

The most significant thing any of us can do is find out exactly what our children are being taught about sex and identity and challenge the lies they are being told. We are ultimately responsible for our children‘s learning, not the State or the teacher.
The "normalisation" of gays and lesbians.
Aye, that will be it. :rolleyes:

It happened in USA with the Penn State case Jim.

I forget the actual detail but this was for one paedophile’s activity, Jerry Sandusky.

Just checked & 3 Penn State officials were charged in a criminal court, and Penn State were fined 60m USD.

Why shouldn’t Celtic be subjected to this ? More paedophiles, it happened over a longer time.

Followed this for a long time,A slow burner as the say but the Spotlight team have doggedly kept digging and kept things close to their chest,Hopefuly their hard work and persistence will pay off and the victims will get the justice they deserve.
We always said from day one that this would be a marathon, as you well know.
Someone asked me privately today what keeps you all going.
The answer is simple.
Each member of Spotlight knew exactly what we were getting involved in. We knew from day one that we’d be accused of point scoring etc.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
We’ve all experienced every emotion imaginable listening to the accounts of the brave men that have came forward, and also the brave men that haven’t but have put their trust in Spotlight.
Spotlight stand with them. It’s heartbreaking what went on. We do it for them. For justice, and for the world to know that it was allowed to continue. And the reason it was allowed to continue?..
“To protect the good name of the club”

Last edited:
The "normalisation" of gays and lesbians.
Aye, that will be it. :rolleyes:
Aye, it will. You have no moral basis to argue otherwise. You can assert what you like. And roll your eyes, for all that proves. So can I. But you cannot refute the thesis morally or rationally. And that normalisation was always intended to lead us where we are now, with all moral categories broken down, and on the cusp of introducing consent for children. It will happen, it’s only a matter of time. we are experiencing a dialectical process that has gradually demoralised our society. You likely haven’t considered why your beliefs on sexuality are diametrically opposed to those of your great grandparents. Were they wrong too? You have been conditioned. We all have.

Last edited:
It happened in USA with the Penn State case Jim.

I forget the actual detail but this was for one paedophile’s activity, Jerry Sandusky.

Just checked & 3 Penn State officials were charged in a criminal court, and Penn State were fined 60m USD.

Why shouldn’t Celtic be subjected to this ? More paedophiles, it happened over a longer time.
Thanks Grigo.

Just wondering if Scots law will allow it. I'm pretty sure it works in reverse i.e. a criminal conviction can lead to a Civil case for compensation.

Aye, it will. You have no moral basis to argue otherwise. You can assert what you like. And roll your eyes, for all that proves. So can I. But you cannot refute the thesis morally or rationally. And that normalisation was always intended to lead us where we are now, with all moral categories broken down, and on the cusp of introducing consent for children. It will happen, it’s only a matter of time. we are experiencing a dialectical process that has gradually demoralised our society. You likely haven’t considered why your beliefs on sexuality are diametrically opposed to those of your great grandparents. Were they wrong too? You have been conditioned. We all have.
Should we bring back slavery? Your great great grandparents probably thought nothing of it.
Your post is pathetic and insulting. Trying to link homosexuality to child abuse.

Lounge surely for this crackpottery? Time and a place etc

The worry is they will be found to have lacked responsibility for the boys club and will say so sorry for not noticing what was happening and that will be that.
I know you really cant believe the above but can you see the scum paying out millions to the abused as they would not have the cash to pay a reasonable amount to each victim without going bust.
Can you see the scum going bust or is it just us that gets that treatment.
I do despair how this will end and pray we get the right result and finish them for good.

Whilst accepting that those abused do not receive justice?

There is no certainly no fairness, in that option at all.
It's not fair at all no.
Think of the whole situation this way though. There is a staggering amount of irrefutable, documentary evidence , published by Celtic themselves, that shows the links between the boys club and the club proper. In any clear and proper mind, they are one and the same.

However, despite this, and probably on the advice of various legal teams, Celtic have stuck to their ridiculous claim of separate entity. Now, either you buy into the claims that they are protected by the snp government, the police, the press etc etc , in which case celtic know they will get off.
Or. There is a legal technicality, loophole or call it what you will that they are certain will vindicate their defence. If there was any doubt at all, they would have reached settlement long ago for a much smaller amount and a lot less negative press, limited as that has been imo.

I sincerely hope all the above is wrong, because I want them battered financially and their reputation and brand in the gutter. I will not pretend I only care about justice for the victims. That sounds callous and child abuse is a horrible thing, but I do not know any of them and in all honesty do not understand how a wad of cash equals justice or takes away the pain that the victims will undoubtedly feel.

That's my honest opinion fwiw and is not meant to offend or upset folk.

The worry is they will be found to have lacked responsibility for the boys club and will say so sorry for not noticing what was happening and that will be that.
I know you really cant believe the above but can you see the scum paying out millions to the abused as they would not have the cash to pay a reasonable amount to each victim without going bust.
Can you see the scum going bust or is it just us that gets that treatment.
I do despair how this will end and pray we get the right result and finish them for good.
People at celtic fc signed and put young vulnerable boys into celtic boys club knowing full well their was a good chance that they would raped or abused or both.
They knew all right from the top of that rancid club right down to the official club photographer at the bottom.

It's almost as if he's trying to derail the thread with his disgusting comments.
His bigoted crap demeans the great work highlighted by the Spotlight guys.
He should have the decency to remove his nonsense.

All for free speech and allowing alternative views be aired so they may face ridicule, but there's a time and a place. And unfortunately, we're not helping either by replying

Lounge surely for this crackpottery? Time and a place etc
If you really cannot see the connection between the Sexual Revolution and the difficulty the victims of childhood sexual abuse have getting justice in Scotland today then, really, that’s on you. The points I raise are material to this case. They are the social and political context. Call it carckpottery. Call it what you want (and I’m not the only crackpot at least one other person agrees with me). But in calling it out you haven’t engaged with any of the substantive issues I raised. Why not try? In the Lounge, of course.

For Celtic it is all about the brand. The only reason they are not admitting anything is the brand.
For them "fhuck the abuse." That is the least of their problems. They don't care about the victims. They really, really don't as they are a business
If Celtic lose this case the brand is f.ucked and as a result so are the football club.

Adidas, Nike etc over the years have only dealt in bottom line. Cash.
If Celtic are found to be complicit then the big guns walk to maintain their reputation and their next kit will be made by Premark.

more accurately

the main aim of Celtic Boys Club East was to attract victims to be repeatedly sexually abused under the guise of finding players for Celtic FC.

Was it an random accident so many paedophiles ended up at Celtic FC or more realistically an organised network colluded to make this theirs
This also applies to the main boys club. Why was it started? Who wanted it? The guy who’s said to have started it looks the furthest thing from a football coach you could get and a big football club just gave him use of their name, colours and facilities?

We always said from day one that this would be a marathon, as you well know.
Someone asked me privately today what keeps you all going.
The answer is simple.
Each member of Spotlight knew exactly what we were getting involved in. We knew from day one that we’d be accused of point scoring etc.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
We’ve all experienced every emotion imaginable listening to the accounts of the brave men that have came forward, and also the brave men that haven’t but have put their trust in Spotlight.
Spotlight stand with them. It’s heartbreaking what went on. We do it for them. For justice, and for the world to know that it was allowed to continue. And the reason it was allowed to continue?..
“To protect the good name of the club”

The persistent hard work, due- diligence, loyalty and dedication that has been applied for many years by the whole of the Spotlight Team whilst engaging in fighting the good fight for the victims, has to be admired and some. Well done to you all.

I can only imagine what your efforts fighting for justice must mean to these individuals, without your continued actions and support, I fear that the victims would have been on their own and the whole sordid affair would have been buried. True Justice must prevail.

Last edited:
Aye, normalising all crimes is on the horizon. Murder the lot.

For homosexuality to be "normalised" consent had to be given by all parties involved and over a certain age. It is no comparison.

Can't see children being able to give consent to sexual activity etc.

Back