Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Tell me how the f*ck abusing young boys gives them a sporting advantage?

Some folk need to wind their neck in, it’s about justice for the victims not stripping titles.
You've not really thought about this mate, If this had been known at the time do you think that sponsors would have thrown tens of millions of pounds at them which in turn enabled them to buy better players do you not agree with that

You've not really thought about this mate, If this had been known at the time do you think that sponsors would have thrown tens of millions of pounds at them which in turn enabled them to buy better players do you not agree with that

Absolutely, this is a point I made on Twitter last week. Of course it gave them a sporting advantage by keeping it quiet. Maybe not directly but if you look at it the other way, if they had not kept it quiet, it would have given them a disadvantage in that footballers and sponsors would have thought twice before having anything to do with them.

Have celtic made any official statement on this matter? The fans seem to be denying its has anything to do with them at all.

Absolutely, this is a point I made on Twitter last week. Of course it gave them a sporting advantage by keeping it quiet. Maybe not directly but if you look at it the other way, if they had not kept it quiet, it would have given them a disadvantage in that footballers and sponsors would have thought twice before having anything to do with them.

The deliberate cover-up at the Piggery should ensure they face both SFA and SPFL sanctions. Personally, I want them thrown out of Scottish football for good.

7 days since McCafferty was sentenced and still no comment from Shame FC

Wonder when the c.unts in the mhedia are going to start a campaign for Shame FC to issue an apology to the victims and the rest of Scottish football ??

Paul Murray was forced to apologise for our financial mismanagement wasn’t he?

Dave King apologised to Steve Clarke for the SFB chant

Yet this club who covered up 40 years of child sexual abuse and links to Barry Bennell and not a single comment from Shame FC

7 days since McCafferty was sentenced and still no comment from Shame FC

Wonder when the c.unts in the mhedia are going to start a campaign for Shame FC to issue an apology to the victims and the rest of Scottish football ??

Paul Murray was forced to apologise for our financial mismanagement wasn’t he?

Dave King apologised to Steve Clarke for the SFB chant

Yet this club who covered up 40 years of child sexual abuse and links to Barry Bennell and not a single comment from Shame FC

Both McCafferty and some of his victims were full -time employees at Piggery FC. They cannot hide behind the separate entity lunacy anymore.

It’s came out now and none of their sponsors have pulled out?

Your efforts are misguided.

It’s came out now and none of their sponsors have pulled out?

Your efforts are misguided.

Rubbish.

They are aware of these issues surrounding the scandal and the more people that comment on it directly to them - the greater effect.

Hundreds and thousands should be contacting them direct.

Stop distracting Bears who actually defend the club.

The jelly and ice cream brigade must be squirming with all this going on. The fervency in which they went after us over a financial anomaly probably seems a bit heavy handed now. I’ll bet more than a few are wishing they’d kept their mouths shut.

These are their sponsors/partners listed on the following web page.

http://www.celticfc.net/sponsors

Could anyone be bothered getting all the email address for the public relations departments for them? Just so that we can contact them en masse to say we will no longer deal with their company because of their association with a peadophile ring?

• NEW BALANCE

• DAFABET

• MAGNERS

• INTELLIGENT

• LADBROKES

• MR GREEN

• POWERADE

• SKY SPORTS

• BT SPORT

• EDEN MILL

• VPZ

• PES2019

• POL ROGER

• CLYDE 1

• NIRVANA EUROPE

• SCIENCE IN SPORT

• PRIMAL STRENGTH

• INDIGO COMMUNICATIONS

• SIMPLE GROUP

• https://www.gtomegaracing.com

On an associated matter I've seen it written that prospective managers should be advised what they are stepping in to if they come to the stad de saville.

Not point scoring. I am thinking about the victims and how they are currently being ignored. It's terrible. A step like this would be ....Retribution for their crimes. Likely all they will get.... apart from loads of fines.

It's a long shot. But. If managers refuse to consider the post it could surely then be obvious to the world exactly WHY they have refused.

A Club Like No Other - so very very true. Thank goodness.

I think the angle some have gone with for that is by remaining silent for years allowing these monsters to continue their abuse and hiding the truth from the kids parents, authorities and the wider public they effectively didn't have any issues when attracting young talented players to their academies, they didn't receive punishment from authorities which wouldve hindered their progress and they didn't have issues with regards to current/future investment due to their undeterred sponsors and shareholders
Exactly....they were all too quick to show us where they considered we gathered unfair advantage, mostly pish tbh. Tables are being turned now and they dont like it one little bit. The only way this will go away from them is if they come clean, apologise and compensate. Even the,n we will have long memories, but that will be our prerogative.

What's Alex Thomson of Channel 4 saying about all of this? Somebody ask him on twitter?

Also, what's Ill Phil's angle on it?

Hugh Keevins?
Chris Sutton?
Andy Walker?
Davie Provan?
Frank Mcavennie?
Gerry Colins?
Nil by Mouth?
Nicola Sturgeon?
Neil Lennon?
The SNP?
The SPFL?
The Labour Party?
The Tories?
Justice Minister Yousaf?
Anybody?

I asked about 50% of the people on that list on twitter. Not a single reply or acknowledgement

Had Mr & Mrs McCluskey known what had happened to their other son at CBC does anyone really think they'd have let their other son George McCluskey sign for celtc ??

worth noting george McCluskey played and scored/contributed in the 4-2 parkhead victory over Rangers that gave the song " 10 men won the league na na na na na " and also the Sc Cup victory in 1980

There's also the not so minor fact that CBC and by their linkage, CFC, had a duty of care to all young players involved in games AGAINST their boys club. Who know what risks these young boys were walking into whrn in the close company of those beasts

How do we think Fat Japanese and the clubs lawyers are going to play this one? With all the evidence there I’d be surprised if he isn’t being advised that the club are going to be liable and to accept their guilt. So are the conversations they are having more about the long game and damage limitation? There’s no way they think they can get away with this? What facts are there that prove they were a seperate entity apart from purely saying they were?

We all do.

If Celtic offer a big public apology to the victims, who then say they are satisfied with that as they have no desire to see their club destroyed financially, how many of us will feel similarly?

Be honest now.
Perverting the course of justice is not a decision taken by the victims and we all know that is one of the many charges that they should be answering to.

How do we think Fat Japanese and the clubs lawyers are going to play this one? With all the evidence there I’d be surprised if he isn’t being advised that the club are going to be liable and to accept their guilt. So are the conversations they are having more about the long game and damage limitation? There’s no way they think they can get away with this? What facts are there that prove they were a seperate entity apart from purely saying they were?

It appears the default legal stance was ‘admit nothing’ until such time as they can ascertain the magnitude of the case against them.

If it threatens to go all the way to the top of past regimes in terms of the cover up, I’d expect Lawwell and co. to then get on the front foot in publicly apologising for the actions of previous individuals (a very deliberate distinction they’ll be at pains to make) while looking to pap the victims off with some cut price compo.

It appears the default legal stance was ‘admit nothing’ until such time as they can ascertain the magnitude of the case against them.

If it threatens to go all the way to the top of past regimes in terms of the cover up, I’d expect Lawwell and co. to then get on the front foot in publicly apologising for the actions of previous individuals (a very deliberate distinction they’ll be at pains to make) while looking to pap the victims off with some cut price compo.

Likelihood of sanctions from the SFA?

They only need one like minded learned friend of the bar to rule they are indeed a separate entity and they get off scot free.
I think this is the angle they’re aiming for.

That would then leave them open to potential court cases involving other victims.
They are never going to admit guilt.

Non admission of guilt but then still be found guilty would lead to worse punishments? Isn’t that how it works it court

They’re going to argue in court that they’re a separate entity. That is their get out of jail free card as they see it.
They’re not going to do anything beforehand that could be viewed as an admission of guilt.

They’re going to argue in court that they’re a separate entity. That is their get out of jail free card as they see it.
They’re not going to do anything beforehand that could be viewed as an admission of guilt.

That is the only card they have in all this and yet it’s still been proven false from the evidence folk have provided in this thread. If there was any evidence to back up there seperate entity sh1te I’d imagine people would of had a sniff of it and it would be out on the public domain.

That is the only card they have in all this and yet it’s still been proven false from the evidence folk have provided in this thread. If there was any evidence to back up there seperate entity sh1te I’d imagine people would of had a sniff of it and it would be out on the public domain.

I think will go down Pacific Shelf route .

We all know what the damning evidence against them is, but this is an organisation that is run more like a mafia than a football club.
They have friends in high places including the justiciary and they will never admit to any guilt whatsoever in this matter.
Whether or not we can actually have a fair trial in this country involving them, I would seriously doubt.

We all know what the damning evidence against them is, but this is an organisation that is run more like a mafia than a football club.
They have friends in high places including the justiciary and they will never admit to any guilt whatsoever in this matter.
Whether or not we can actually have a fair trial in this country involving them, I would seriously doubt.

Yep they had various place men in our down fall , A club like no other indeed , but for all the wrong fucking reasons.

These are their sponsors/partners listed on the following web page.

http://www.celticfc.net/sponsors

Could anyone be bothered getting all the email address for the public relations departments for them? Just so that we can contact them en masse to say we will no longer deal with their company because of their association with a peadophile ring?

• NEW BALANCE

• DAFABET

• MAGNERS

• INTELLIGENT

• LADBROKES

• MR GREEN

• POWERADE

• SKY SPORTS

• BT SPORT

• EDEN MILL

• VPZ

• PES2019

• POL ROGER

• CLYDE 1

• NIRVANA EUROPE

• SCIENCE IN SPORT

• PRIMAL STRENGTH

• INDIGO COMMUNICATIONS

• SIMPLE GROUP

• https://www.gtomegaracing.com
Just sent this to ladbrokes now owned by GVC

As a shareholder in GVC I am shocked that we sponsor the above named football club who have over the years systemically covered up child abuse on a substantial scale even reemploying staff who had been found guilty of said abuse. the fact there has been no statement of remorse or empathy for the victims make this even worse. I would like to know GVC's standpoint with this given that some of the documented abuse occurred in Boston USA a market they are trying to increase brand awareness. Given Penn State and the view of Americans there I suggest GVC act quickly distancing themselves from this entity

Can someone please clarify what their separate entity claim is based on?

What is the significance of what McCann did in 1994? Did they have a company change again in 2001?

How many trophies have they won by virtue of the fact that they’ve been spending money that might otherwise have been lost to fines / compensation?

This should be a FIFA matter aswell as a matter for the courts.
or from playing players who came through Celtics Boys club / the Celtic youth system whose parents would not have let them near the place if the truth was not suppressed. To say nothing of the transfer fees they made / saved.

Last edited:
Agreed.

As far as stripping of titles is concerned, someone said in a different thread, their cover-up has given them an unfair playing advantage for the last 40-odd years.

I was thinking about that, and had a wee look at their trophy total. Let's be conservative and go back only as far as 1991, to the cover-up of Frank Cairney's assault on a young boy when the Boys Club were playing in a football tournament in New Jersey. Since then, they've won 15 league titles (giving them access to lucrative Champion's League games), 9 Scottish Cups and 9 Scottish League Cups.

How many of the players who contributed to winning those 33 trophies would have signed for a club knowing it had facilitated child abuse?
that certainly a line we should be looking to push as much as we can, we all remember the shite thrown at us(and still getting used against us) in regards to ebts,the line being pushed was we woul;d never have been able to get the players we did, and therefore possibly wouldn't have won what we won,, all bollocks of course but maybe time to start returning the serve

Rubbish.

They are aware of these issues surrounding the scandal and the more people that comment on it directly to them - the greater effect.

Hundreds and thousands should be contacting them direct.

Stop distracting Bears who actually defend the club.
So stating that celtic gained a sporting advantage by raping children and they should be stripped of titles is supporting the club? Supporting the victims? What an insult.

Their sponsors are there now and they will be there at the start of the season, no matter how many mental emails from Rangers fans they get.

Try and carry yourself a bit, there are real victims here and there are folk shouting about Rangers and Stripping titles. Its not about Rangers OR title stripping and anyone who is making it about that is seriously not right. Grown men salivating at the situation.

Crispy Bacon
Celtic football club covered up for peadophiles.....no question
Celtic football club are still trying to cover it up
In my opinion they should be open to sanctions as this cannot be accepted in a civilised society....it is immoral and utterly shameless
No thought what so ever for any victims
I want justice for the victims but I also want every perpetrator and enabler brought to justice.......from the top of that club to the very bottom
I am not salivating but I think it very important for people and groups who have committed crimes to be brought to justice and punished

Crispy Bacon
Celtic football club covered up for peadophiles.....no question
Celtic football club are still trying to cover it up
In my opinion they should be open to sanctions as this cannot be accepted in a civilised society....it is immoral and utterly shameless
No thought what so ever for any victims
I want justice for the victims but I also want every perpetrator and enabler brought to justice.......from the top of that club to the very bottom
I am not salivating but I think it very important for people and groups who have committed crimes to be brought to justice and punished
I agree there should be sanctions if you read through my previous posts.

Jailtime isn’t enough justice for the fowl crimes that were commited under the name of Celtic, make no mistake, but shouting about sporting advantages is classless dirge.

Last edited:
I think the argument is more of a financial advantage, which in turn leads to buying better players
Would sponsors have touched them if they had known about the cover up
Would players have signed for them if they had known about the cover up
You also have to remember the shit that was flung our way by this lot
It is a natural reaction to want retribution against a club that has actively tried to finish us for tax avoidance, a club like no other, thank god
I am in no way forgetting the victims in this, just trying to give you my thoughts

The Fhilth have covered up
are covering up and wil continue to cover up till Plod and the authorities come knocking on their door,The evidence is clearly there but the appetite to go for them doesn't seem to be.

Latest posts

Back