Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

They will on a sporting basis. You honestly think Lawell will give the SFA and SPFL permission to punish Celtic?
On what grounds are the SFA and SPFL going to take any action against Celtic FC ?
No higher than that, this has just started plenty more to come.
So So much more, sit back and watch it unfold!!

God will know!!

I don't mean to doubt you either mate - in fact I hope you are 100% bang on the money, but in failing to respond to Prod Wallace's question, I can't help but have my doubts:

Don't take this the wrong way man. But you have been blowing this trumpet on documentaries for long and weary. Pretty much the same post over and over.

We all want something to happen for the victims. Wanting something to happen however much we do, does not mean it will happen though.

So are your posts based on known first hand fact, or based on hope?

The investigation into a paedophile ring shouldn't be limited to football. Torbett's time as managing director of a charity for vulnerable young people should be in its scope too.
If not looked into by the police now then their must be a separate inquiry. How does a known paedophile get employed as managing director of a charity for vulnerable young people, was abuse going on while he worked there, did he bring in other paedophiles to the charity. Lots of questions need to be answered.

But what is a controlled governing body going to do about it?

This will be a "let's move on and learn lessons" response.

Even if Celtic pay through the courts, nothing is happening to them in a footballing element

The Governing body’s handling of it is negligible

Last edited:
No higher than that, this has just started plenty more to come.
So So much more, sit back and watch it unfold!!

I admire your optimism but here is the reality.
If they do not decide to go down the separate entity route, they will then stump up two bob compo to the victims and then we will see the biggest re-writing in this nations history.
We’ll be told that Celtic are an honourable institution standing up for the poor oppressed in society and how they have done the decent thing for the abuse victims and their families.
We’ll be told how awful it was that such a horrible crime could have occurred at such a proud noble Club such as Celtic and if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.
They will then have been the victims all along and the rest of this bigoted country will have disgraced themselves trying to profit from such heinous crimes.

I'd be amazed if Celtic face any sort of sanction for this other than £.

Here's whats going to happen.

Class action deal with Celtic paying the victims off.

SFA report issued tut tutting at a "different time" - new safeguards are ok but just in case here's a powerpoint to make sure this "never happens again" blah blah.

It will impact Celtic financially and their reputation will be dented to a wider audience.

But then the paid cheerleaders will fire up the positive spin on how they now have the bestest and safest yoof system in the multiverse and that will be that.
The SFA will say " tut tut " I don't think so mate they are in the middle of it as well

I admire your optimism but here is the reality.
If they do not decide to go down the separate entity route, they will then stump up two bob compo to the victims and then we will see the biggest re-writing in this nations history.
We’ll be told that Celtic are an honourable institution standing up for the poor oppressed in society and how they have done the decent thing for the abuse victims and their families.
We’ll be told how awful it was that such a horrible crime could have occurred at such a proud noble Club such as Celtic and if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.
They will then have been the victims all along and the rest of this bigoted country will have disgraced themselves trying to profit from such heinous crimes.
Mate I see this been taken out of the SFA's hands.
We're only getting started IMO!

Patrick McGuire references Mcafferty as one of the most prolific child abusers in the UK, yet Mcafferty (in his confession) hints at others being far worse abusers than him and that they should do the right thing and come forward.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and it's scary to think what will be found if you were to look under the bonnet. It should be a UK wide criminal investigation by the police.

Police Scotland say ''our investigations into McAfferty ceased with his conviction'' Seriously?
Its a cover up, and the problem is the molestors robbed the victims of having a normal childhood they basically destroyed their lives and their families.
Some of them are now deceased and Police Scotland have the gall to come out with a statement like that they should be totally ashamed of themselves, surely there are some clean cops in police Scotland with enough guts to take it on and do the right thing for these victims and their families.
They deserve more than a shuffle up and tightening of ranks to keep the damage to the very minimum.
They deserve real justice but can it happen in Scotland, does anyone in the corridors of power really care enough?

Last edited:
Mate I see this been taken out of the SFA's hands.
We're only getting started IMO!
Totally agree Robbie. Once it’s taken out of the SFA’s hands and the corrupt Scottish governments hands also then the ball will start rolling. One thing that was pointed out by a previous poster which is true is if this was Rangers then every other club would be complaining to the authorities along with Celtic and it would be all over the British press. So fck every other Scottish club for not standing with us against the vile that has gone on at cfc.

The SFA are up to their necks in it too. Referee who abused boys in Paisley and Glasgow was one of them. I am aware of one victim who is pursuing them through a lawyer for compensation.

The politicians want this swept under the carpet.
Your right mate. But people like us won’t allow this to happen. It can’t happen. This is why it needs to go international. But I don’t want it to stop at Celtic. I want previous SFA employees investigated also. Everyone who knew(and I believe there is a lot) should and will be brought to task. An inquiry will uncover the lot.

This is a con, designed to let the filth off the hook.

Maybe Dornan has forgotten his own party's outlook in looking into historical child abuse.

Religious and sporting organisations do not come under scrutiny.

So who's kidding who here?

I agree.

He is laying the cover for a scenario where the filth come out of this smelling of roses.

Keep pushing the line that celtic are not legally responsible.

celtic come out with a so called "charitable" fund of around £5m for victims of the convicted CBC scumbags and general abuse victims.

They will be hailed for this move but they will never say sorry to the victims but this will be ignored.

This must not be allowed to happen.

Personally I think Bheast FC are waiting to find out how the Steve Walters v Crewe Alexandra’s case goes.

If Crewe’s denial of liability because he delayed reporting the abuse holds any water in court, it’s safe to say that Bheast FC will use the same technicality to get off the hook.

But if the opposite happens they will no doubt have been advised to set up a victim fund with a cap on payments to minimise the loss and the press will paint them as hero’s.

Sickening!

To be honest, this thread is a bit like an HITC post. You read “MSP” then open with disappointment to find it’s Dornan who will do %^*& all.

My fear is Daly not doing a documentary fully exposing every link.

Look at the abuse he got from us when he did the one about ebts ect, he might think is it really worth it.

He has a moral obligation to do the documentary but if he doesnt do one i cant see anyone else doing one.

All the evidence is there, surely if he was doing one he would havr started it a while a go to come out at same time as last conviction?

Id rather it came out now, or maby hes waiting till after the cup final as to show a tiny bit of respect for the playing staff??

compensation is only the start, a full public enquiry preferably handled by English lawyers and legal entities as no one would trust a fucking thing any scottish enquiry would reveal!

it stuck with me at the time when the cun t snp said sports and religious groups would be exempt from any historical abuse inquiries ...this was clearly a signal to RC voters saying " its ok, your cult and club are safe from prosecution" it explains their silence on the matter since

So this rancid club so far has been involved in .....
multiple maybe running into 100's of the most disgusting crimes of child rape
paying hush money to families involved to keep " the good name of celtic clean "
possibly nay likely employees of club involved in the murder of a 15 year old boy
Internal cover up of said crimes lasting decades
Lies upon Lies Re; celtic boys club is/was a separate entity
Payment of £20k per boys club to change name to St.Pats
But don't worry The MSM, The Scot Government, The First Prime Minister , Radio Clyde are only interested if the face painter and newsagent got paid

Patrick McGuire references Mcafferty as one of the most prolific child abusers in the UK, yet Mcafferty (in his confession) hints at others being far worse abusers than him and that they should do the right thing and come forward.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and it's scary to think what will be found if you were to look under the bonnet. It should be a UK wide criminal investigation by the police.

The question there is: why isn’t there one already?

Four convicted child sex abusers at Celtic FC and its associated boys club and an obvious decades long cover up by the club to keep it under wraps.

That’s precisely the sort of crimes we have a police force to investigate.

So why aren’t they?

Could it be because it goes deeper?
Much deeper?

Links to Bennell and Savile and the latter’s connections with British establishment figures?

Is that what’s suppressing it?

I agree.

He is laying the cover for a scenario where the filth come out of this smelling of roses.

Keep pushing the line that celtic are not legally responsible.

celtic come out with a so called "charitable" fund of around £5m for victims of the convicted CBC scumbags and general abuse victims.

They will be hailed for this move but they will never say sorry to the victims but this will be ignored.

This must not be allowed to happen.

It had to happen I suppose. You and I, one time being in agreement.

But I still see the filth setting up a charitable fund as ropey. Setting up such a fund would be an admission of guilt on their part (My opinion) and that is not what separate entity fc want to do. That would lead to wider charges and claims.

In the bigger picture we need to look at the scumhole we live in and change the landscape.

Modern day Scotland is a land that frowns upon legal tax loopholes, but indulges sellik minded carnage.

Michelle Gray has already called Dornan out anyway.

He states his boy was in CBC and that if anything was going on there like it used to then he would have removed him immediately.

When Michelle pressed him on what exactly he knew she did not get another reply.

I don't trust the wee bald headed f*cker at all, if he's calling it out something is definitely amiss.

Four convicted child sex abusers at Celtic FC and its associated boys club and an obvious decades long cover up by the club to keep it under wraps.

So why aren’t they?

Much deeper?

Links to Bennell and Savile and the latter’s connections with British establishment figures?

These are the obvious questions people get accused of point scoring for when they highlight them. These crimes go way above sporting rivalry and its actually a national scandal the government arent as much as acknowledging it, never mind opening a full blown independent enquiry on it.

The full Times article on post #27 above

Is it me that’s concerned the the joint investigation doesn’t mention police in Scotland and England getting involved

It only mentions the English FA and SFA and I have zero trust that the SFA will fully disclose the connections between McCafferty and Bennell

These crimes are criminal acts so why are the police not investigating the links between McCafferty and CFC and Bennell and Crewe and so called tournaments and trips

Looks like another carve up here

These were my first thoughts too.

You'd like to think the police are also on top of things, but who knows.

Shame FC issued an official statement requesting an investigation into our Euro licence last November

On this basis Dave King and Rangers should also issue a statement asking for an investigation into Shame FC and the 6 convicted paedos at CFC and CBC and who knew and who covered it up

Time to get dirty here

The vermin wanted us dead and I want them demoted to bottom tier and fined and guilty people jailed for aiding and abetting the paedos
Fukin forgot about that

Some times you have to get dirty to get even

I don’t remember seeing this about US lawyers looking to sue Celtc

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...frank-cairney-paedophile-child-abuse-america/

The US law firm said: “We’re interested in having a conversation with survivors of the abuse about how we could help them.
“We would definitely be in their corner.”
A spokesman for Celtic FC said: “We would not make any comment.”

Compensation for 1victim in the USA would dwarf the entire uk compensation amount

Its alleged that some of these abhorrent acts took place on American soil when the Boys Club were in the USA. The American police and lawyers should have acted by now.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/amp/...Truth...-a061256232?__twitter_impression=true

The Boy Haggerty the Celtic youth player was anybody found guilty ??

Surely with what has been uncovered this case should be looked into ?

Another beast called Brian Beattie.

That murder is one of the dodgiest things I’ve ever heard about in my life.

Has Humza Shite reared his ugly face in this sordid sordid sordid CRIME yet. Has jimmy Krankie torn herself away from independence to mention anything yet on this SORDID SORDID CRIME!

Interesting,very Interesting Check right hand column don't know how to make it bigger or easier to read sorry

Good to see it is making front page news. Long may this continue this needs to remain front and centre in the press. How this has been ignored for over 40 years shames alot of institutions in this country and i include the police in this, they knew and done %^*& all as well.

Gerald King, 66
The former Celtic Boys Club chairman avoided jail in January despite being convicted of abusing four boys and a girl at a Glasgow primary school in the 1980s. He was found guilty of using lewd and libidinous practices towards his five victims between 1984 and 1989.

Found guilty of Abuse of 5 children and avoided prison but spit on a priests robe and you get 10 months jail time

Words fail me .....

It truly is vile, even the sentences hande out to the beasts are beyond parody.

So this rancid club so far has been involved in .....
multiple maybe running into 100's of the most disgusting crimes of child rape
paying hush money to families involved to keep " the good name of celtic clean "
possibly nay likely employees of club involved in the murder of a 15 year old boy
Internal cover up of said crimes lasting decades
Lies upon Lies Re; celtic boys club is/was a separate entity
Payment of £20k per boys club to change name to St.Pats
But don't worry The MSM, The Scot Government, The First Prime Minister , Radio Clyde are only interested if the face painter and newsagent got paid

It is vile, i can only hope when the documetaires are aired when ever that may be. That the above INSTITUIONS start commenting and condeming Beasts r us FC

It’s strange that the Times seems to be the only publication willing to report on this in any sort of detail.

I am sure the Sun ran with it online. The DR seem to be reporting on it as well with keith macelod piece last week. I would like to know what Russell Findlay and Anna Smith have got to say on this now.

These journos along with others exposed this in the 90's with some fairly hard pieces in there rags.

I am utterly disgusted at the lack of written media coverage the entire sordid affair as been given. The victims have been severly let down and left to rot.

So why aren’t they?

Much deeper?

Of course this goes much deeper how else did saville get the back door keys to the hospital etc it is frightening when you consider the connections that beast had.

It had to happen I suppose. You and I, one time being in agreement.

But I still see the filth setting up a charitable fund as ropey. Setting up such a fund would be an admission of guilt on their part (My opinion) and that is not what separate entity fc want to do. That would lead to wider charges and claims.

In the bigger picture we need to look at the scumhole we live in and change the landscape.

Modern day Scotland is a land that frowns upon legal tax loopholes, but indulges sellik minded carnage.

That's where the celtic unique brand of charitable magic comes in - they will make it very very clear they are not responsible but are doing this off their own backs as a gesture of goodwill to the victims.

They will try to play the good guy card here but never will you hear an apology from them.

I am sure this is a stunt they will try and pull if they can cover their arses from a legal perspective.

As an aside I am sure I saw a couple of pigs fly by my window when I type I agree in reply to your post.

Lets not kid on you f*cking mess.

The only reason you are doing this is an olive branch to Celtic in fear that it all comes crumbling down on them for their arrogance in the cover up.

This was called on here when this chunt first popped up about this.

The reason you should be calling for this is for moral and for the victims of these scumbags, not because your son once played for them.

mentally challengeds deluded mind this mob are honestly not right in the head.

Lets not kid on you f*cking mess.

The only reason you are doing this is an olive branch to Celtic in fear that it all comes crumbling down on them for their arrogance in the cover up.

This was called on here when this chunt first popped up about this.

The reason you should be calling for this is for moral and for the victims of these scumbags, not because your son once played for them.

mentally challengeds deluded mind this mob are honestly not right in the head.

This .... it's offering Celtic an 'out'.

They put up some money, makes them look good and everyone says they are doing the decent thing. In return, what actually happened and how Celtic management enabled it gets swept under the carpet once again.

Glasgow Celtic the worlds most successful peadophile club 50 years and still getting away with it.
What really boils my blood is that as far back as 1972,European youth tournament,co hosted by Celtic boys club and Eastercraigs,these creeps Torbett,Hugh Stevenson(deceased syfa referee and coach at Eastercraigs)All took part in tournament at some point.The blessed Tommy B had spells with both clubs,many other players who went on to represent Celtic FC,played for both just coincidence maybe.All trophies supplied by one trophy centre! Make of it what you will.

This .... it's offering Celtic an 'out'.

They put up some money, makes them look good and everyone says they are doing the decent thing. In return, what actually happened and how Celtic management enabled it gets swept under the carpet once again.

This is the very worst case scenario.

Sad but true.

What really boils my blood is that as far back as 1972,European youth tournament,co hosted by Celtic boys club and Eastercraigs,these creeps Torbett,Hugh Stevenson(deceased syfa referee and coach at Eastercraigs)All took part in tournament at some point.The blessed Tommy B had spells with both clubs,many other players who went on to represent Celtic FC,played for both just coincidence maybe.All trophies supplied by one trophy centre! Make of it what you will.
Over a third of their existence has been tainted by child abuse and I would hate to think what the priest that founded them was up too,He might have had ulterior motives.

Back