Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Remember the story of the Arms for the Contras, the US military were our purchasing toilet seats, toilet roll holders, for three thousand dollars. The money was being rerouted to the Contras for weapons. Seems like Celtic were doing something similar, £3k for a wee shield with a medal on it inscribe, best trainer u14's. Though this money was going into the Torbett slush or hush fund.
You thinking it was going the the IRA?

How much in total was the Trophy center paid by Celtc since it's inception? I think it was 1989. Not just the four years of £250,000 whilst in prison.

Something to keep your eye on in all this is Securities fraud. If it was serious enough that they had this investigation going on but did not disclose it as a potential liability that is a no no. And that is the most serious kind of crime, a crime against rich people. That will get you on the A train to prison real fast.

Something to keep your eye on in all this is Securities fraud. If it was serious enough that they had this investigation going on but did not disclose it as a potential liability that is a no no. And that is the most serious kind of crime, a crime against rich people. That will get you on the A train to prison real fast.

Couldn't remember mate but was it you who had made contact with lawyers in the USA?

everytime i see one of them lot bullshittin on twitter i politely inform them of their duties as a human being & 'fan' of their club that they should be calling them out for their cover-up of the attrocities but all i get back is neely, dunn, wallace and someone else, im never 100% on how to reply except saying prove it and showing the apology article via the press for neely accusations levied at the club

Anyone here an expert on the stock exchange?
Just went on and searched for Celtic to see if their share price had been affected by all of this and there is no data available for today. I’ve got some investments that update every 15 mins but don’t know enough about the wider stock market to know if the Celtic non activity is unusual? Or just wishful thinking that trading has been stopped?

I tried too mate. Weird. Are they on the full LSE or some smaller market ?

everytime i see one of them lot bullshittin on twitter i politely inform them of their duties as a human being & 'fan' of their club that they should be calling them out for their cover-up of the attrocities but all i get back is neely, dunn, wallace and someone else, im never 100% on how to reply except saying prove it and showing the apology article via the press for neely accusations levied at the club
They cannot believe that they are actually being widely criticised for something and they hate it as they are supposed to be perfect and untouchable. The only way they can get rid of the criticism is to drag us into it by any means necessary, they are fucking vile scum and it sickens me that I share this planet with the cunts

If it was all merchandising then £250,000 a year is not excessive, but doesn't take away the questionable business practice of trading with a known paedophile.
£1,000,000 is a tidy round sum of money. Pretty difficult to achieve when totting up 4 years worth of invoices and receipts I’d have thought. Some people think of hush money which is easy to believe as even the existence and reasons of these payments has been hushed up. Never questioned by any investigator neither police, HMRC, nor journalists.

Chalmers is the other Kopger. He was my school football team teacher & there was NEVER any issues or insinuations with the guy at our school.

D8DnDF5XUAAYKzR.jpg

So who else do we think was part of the paedophile ring that wasn’t necessarily involved in football? I know there’s possibilities of saville but I reckon there was more. Politicians? Senior members of the police? Is there more organisations not wanting a enquiry because they know they too were part of it

So there are only 2 outcomes to this farce? Celtic either admit liability and start a compensation fund, or they get sued and dragged through courts for months. It’s come too far to just die down and be forgotten about as most of them want.

Both are possible. In the Man City example, the compensation scheme that has been set up has been described as an "alternative pathway". The fact it exists does not invalidate the right of victims to pursue a civil case through the courts. There could be the situation where some victims choose to accept compensation and some choose to see the club in court.

I get that it was far more nuanced than my breakdown.

1 million pounds though, on football related miscellaneous.

Still more of a question mark than a full-stop surely?
It’s difficult to quantify because there could be a lot of merchandise and bits and bobs. The main question is why were they doing business with a man convicted of sexually abusing their young players. £1 or £1million, the amount doesn’t really matter, they continued to deal with the beast which kept the link and the door open for his return.

So there are only 2 outcomes to this farce? Celtic either admit liability and start a compensation fund, or they get sued and dragged through courts for months. It’s come too far to just die down and be forgotten about as most of them want.
It’s a bit of a rock and hard place scenario. Hopefully the rock falls on their napper.

So who else do we think was part of the paedophile ring that wasn’t necessarily involved in football? I know there’s possibilities of saville but I reckon there was more. Politicians? Senior members of the police? Is there more organisations not wanting a enquiry because they know they too were part of it

Not saying they are all involved, but a common denominator in all pics. No smoke & all that.

34gk4sx.jpg

34hj37l.jpg

zjf1n9.jpg

Its really simple, there’s no evidence that any issues of a sexual nature were raised at the time.

With Neeley the issue that was raised was verbal abuse of a kid who happened to be a policeman’s son, he was fired and according to Rangers the police were informed. Now the Mark Daly documentary he did said the police have no record of this, which sounds ‘bad’, but how long do the police keep records of verbal abuse that no charges were raised over? Certainly not 20 years on which is when Daly asked.

There is also the story about the guy looking for compensation that was referred to the liquidators, now I personally thought that was dealt with shabbily, however the issue wasn’t raised at the time(not unusual of course), the accused is dead and was never convicted of anything whilst alive. No company, be it Rangers or the Samaritans is going to pay out money in those circumstances as they would open themselves up to anyone making the same claims. The difference with what Celtic are facing is that there are umpteen convictions, all of people working for them at the same time.

What they are deliberately ignoring is that its not about the fact these peple worm their way into organisations, as it can happen anywhere, the reason they’re up shit creek without a paddle is that not only was it raised at the time, they held ‘investigations’ and accused those raising it of spreading scurrilous rumours. They sacked a guy for being a sex case, didn’t tell the cops and then re-employed him.

Next time any of them confront you with this just tell them to show you proof that Rangers ignored it and swept it under the carpet, they won’t be able to because it didn’t happen.

The way I read it was that the guy was only concerned about the boys . But what a terrible choice to have to make. Leave them alone over there or bring them home to their mum and Dad. I know what I’d have wanted if I was one of them.
Sorry have to totally disagree with that. He used the boys as an excuse to allow Cairney to get out of the states without the police arresting him.
He knew Cairney would have been in an American prison where he would have got a hefty sentence and Celtics name would have been linked worldwide to the filth that went on. That was his motivation not the boys imo.

Its really simple, there’s no evidence that any issues of a sexual nature were raised at the time.

With Neeley the issue that was raised was verbal abuse of a kid who happened to be a policeman’s son, he was fired and according to Rangers the police were informed. Now the Mark Daly documentary he did said the police have no record of this, which sounds ‘bad’, but how long do the police keep records of verbal abuse that no charges were raised over? Certainly not 20 years on which is when Daly asked.

There is also the story about the guy looking for compensation that was referred to the liquidators, now I personally thought that was dealt with shabbily, however the issue wasn’t raised at the time(not unusual of course), the accused is dead and was never convicted of anything whilst alive. No company, be it Rangers or the Samaritans is going to pay out money in those circumstances as they would open themselves up to anyone making the same claims. The difference with what Celtic are facing is that there are umpteen convictions, all of people working for them at the same time.

What they are deliberately ignoring is that its not about the fact these peple worm their way into organisations, as it can happen anywhere, the reason they’re up shit creek without a paddle is that not only was it raised at the time, they held ‘investigations’ and accused those raising it of spreading scurrilous rumours. They sacked a guy for being a sex case, didn’t tell the cops and then re-employed him.

Next time any of them confront you with this just tell them to show you proof that Rangers ignored it and swept it under the carpet, they won’t be able to because it didn’t happen.
You could show them the same as we do of them of photos of those convicted from Ibrox or Rangers and the numerous newspaper cutting of said accused appearing at court.
But unfortunately as far as I know none exist I'm no Colombo but even he would struggle to get a conviction with absolutely not one piece of evidence or you could just tell them to Fvck Off

cheers tags, much appreciated

It’s difficult to quantify because there could be a lot of merchandise and bits and bobs. The main question is why were they doing business with a man convicted of sexually abusing their young players. £1 or £1million, the amount doesn’t really matter, they continued to deal with the beast which kept the link and the door open for his return.
why did they do any business with the trophy centre in the first place? According to legend,Stein physically threw torbett out of Celtic in the early 70s,and the trophy centre business didn't start till 1980. Why would anyone deal with a known offender?. Off the record,everyone knew what he was and what he did. That picture going around showing McNeill,Stein and Torbett at a function is from around 75/76 a good three years after he was booted out,and 4 years before the trophy centre began.

You could show them the same as we do of them of photos of those convicted from Ibrox or Rangers and the numerous newspaper cutting of said accused appearing at court.
But unfortunately as far as I know none exist I'm no Colombo but even he would struggle to get a conviction with absolutely not one piece of evidence or you could just tell them to Fvck Off

If there was any evidence of Rangers covering anything up it would have been exposed by now.

Very good point... It is all sinister to say the least, however you cut the figures and look at it.

I’m Colombo. I found no link. Just one more thing, this big jock fellow did know.

£1,000,000 is a tidy round sum of money. Pretty difficult to achieve when totting up 4 years worth of invoices and receipts I’d have thought. Some people think of hush money which is easy to believe as even the existence and reasons of these payments has been hushed up. Never questioned by any investigator neither police, HMRC, nor journalists.
It could be processed in a multitude of ways.

Easily accounted for as a four year contract in some way.

Back