Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Kelly has too many links to be innocent in my opinion
He was in the perfect position to protect others as well
How far above Kelly do you go to get the Puppet Master? It has seemingly spread like a disease and people turned a blind eye to the disease, prolonged it, and ensured it's existence and acceptance. How high did it go? Which scum started it!
Far too easy to lay the blame at the door of Religion, names and convictions posthumously or not. Couldn't give a %^*& about Celtic and the 'Gers fans in it for themselves argument' The victims deserve names and convictions, retribution and compensation

This entire affair needs laid bare and when it is I think you will find that it will all make Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter look like a couple of pussycats

I would bet that nearly everyone at that club over the past 40 years knew that something was going on and their silence makes them all guilty in a way

Their disgusting fans will never accept that they have done anything wrong no matter the outcome

They will always try and make out they are the victims

It’s bloody amazing mate. A lot of bears have said this for years, but it’s so sinister when you get into it.
As for their fans, they just hate us & our club. No matter what our club does they’ll always find a new narrative to justify their unhealthy attitudes.

Is that actually the case though, legally? I know someone told him that but as far as I know it wasn't anyone with any legal qualifications.

That’s what I meant by what a dilema.
You’re just an ordinary guy, ok , one of a few, probably none of you have any experience of foreign laws and you find out that there is the possibility of 2 kids under your care being detained under protective custody.
I know I’d shit myself and get them all all to feck out of there and back home to their parents.
However, this is no excuse for he subsequent cover up. None at all. I don’t think all the staff were scummy bastards, all complicit in covering up a crime yes.
But then look at the list of those who must have known. We got all dewy eyed and applauded one a few weeks ago. FS , even Kenny Dalglish was at Celtic during the Torbett era. He probably knew also.
This whole feckin sick episode needs a thorough and proper investigation .
The way that lack of interest being shown in this up until now, suggests to me there were some high ranking people also involved.
Is it still going on?

The SNP won’t do a thing as they know they will lose far too many votes and probably kiss any shitty Indy hopes goodbye

There needs to be punishment from the UK government
We need to be getting MPs speaking about this in Westminster
Agreed Fraser. I’ve said it in previous threads. SNP taking no action in my eyes is purely for voting purposes. If they get their way with this independence shite then Scotland is going down a dangerous path purely because we have the poison of Irish republicanism in our country.

Remember watching that Oliver stone JFK movie?,when Costner is sat on the bench in the park and Donald Sutherland launches into his spiel? This is exactly what this is getting like. I'm ready to believe anything is possible here. Whether we ever find out how high this reaches is another matter. But someone or maybe a few people are going to take the hit for others here.

That’s what I meant by what a dilema.
You’re just an ordinary guy, ok , one of a few, probably none of you have any experience of foreign laws and you find out that there is the possibility of 2 kids under your care being detained under protective custody.
I know I’d shit myself and get them all all to feck out of there and back home to their parents.
However, this is no excuse for he subsequent cover up. None at all. I don’t think all the staff were scummy bastards, all complicit in covering up a crime yes.
But then look at the list of those who must have known. We got all dewy eyed and applauded one a few weeks ago. FS , even Kenny Dalglish was at Celtic during the Torbett era. He probably knew also.
This whole feckin sick episode needs a thorough and proper investigation .
The way that lack of interest being shown in this up until now, suggests to me there were some high ranking people also involved.
Is it still going on?

Great post mate.

When you think of this Thai Tims stuff, who would bring 30/40 kids to another continent for a football game ? Seems really weird & I really hope these wee babies haven’t been abused.

Good timeline of events here, an interesting part for me is 1989 The Trophy centre, I always wondered how the funds were raised to start that business. But it looks like it wasn't only Torbett who were in at the very start.

• 1966: Celtic Boys’ Club is founded by Jim Torbett, who had previously been involved in Glasgow youth football.
  • 1968: Allegations of abuse begin.
  • 1970: Frank Cairney joins club.
  • 1976: Jock Stein ousts Jim Torbett as Boys’ Club general manager after allegations that boys were being sexually abused. Torbett is replaced by Frank Cairney. Hugh Birt (a photographer and Celtic associate) is made chairman.
  • 1978: Jock Stein leaves the club.
  • 1982: John Cullen joins the club as photographer.
  • 1985: Jock Stein dies.
  • 1989: Jim Torbett creates a new business – The Trophy Centre – alongside Honorary President of the Boy’s Club and Celtic board member, Kevin Kelly, plus Gerald McAleer, former youth player under Torbett, and Angus Yuile who was company secretary.
  • 1991: A youth team member raises allegations of abuse against Cairney that happened during a trip to New Jersey. His father takes him to Celtic Park to meet with new manager, Liam Brady, and chief scout, John Kelman. Brady approaches the board and demands Cairney leave the club. He resigns as general manager and part-time coach and the club announce this is due to ‘business commitments’. The boy is assured that his allegations would not affect his future career at the club. It was also agreed between Celtic, Brady, the boy and his parents that the police would not be informed. Signed statements were taken from four adults who were also on the New Jersey trip. They were all sworn to secrecy.
  • 1993: Torbett is asked back to the club to help them raise funds via memorabilia sales. He eventually also returns to the Boy’s Club.
  • 1994: Fergus McCann joins Celtic and immediately receives an anonymous letter detailing years of abuse at the club. Adamant the persistent rumours should no longer be brushed under the carpet, he calls in Torbett and asks him to meet with the club’s lawyers to sign an affidavit either admitting or denying claims of abuse which could then be passed to police. Torbett refuses.
  • 1994: Celtic fan, Gerry McSherry appears on a radio programme to question the transfer of a young player. Within days he received a number of calls making allegations of untoward behaviour at the Boy’s Club. McSherry began his own investigation.
  • 1994: New Celtic boss Tommy Burns attempts to bring Frank Cairney back to Parkstead. Fergus McCann refuses following outrage from fans in New Jersey.
  • Aug 1996: The Daily Record runs an expose on abuse at Celtic involving Torbett and Cairney. In the following days, former Scotland star Alan Brazil, David Gordon and John McClusky tell The Daily Record of abuse by Torbett when when they were members of the Celtic Boys’ Club. McSherry is contracted to The Daily Record. A further former player, Scott Sinclair, also comes forward claiming that Cairney would abuse boys in his van. Cairney refuted the allegations and denied knowing Sinclair. In response Sinclair handed a photograph to The Daily Record which was a picture of the whole team, including both Sinclair and Cairney.
  • Aug 1996: After the story broke, Burns rushed to Cairney’s home (a man he considered a close friend). He told waiting reporters “He has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man“. The following day, an angry McCann issued a statement to the press stating: “While I sympathise with Tommy Burns’ personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney, the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint“. In response, Burns said he had been misquoted and actually said: “He has my backing and I’m sure he will have the backing of several members of the first team who played for Frank at under-16 level“. Torbett went in to hiding at the home of two former youth players – William and Andrew Gilbert.
  • Aug 1996: A meeting between five men was held in Boston’s Airport where a secret deal was agreed allowing Cairney to resign immediately so as to avoid a police investigation. Celtic chairman, Jack McGinn, allowed Cairney’s written resignation to say it was for “business reasons”. The impromptu meeting consisted of Cairney, Jim McNally, Bill Gilfillan, John Gallacher and Willie Hampson.
  • Aug 1996: The Trophy Centre sponsors the Scottish Amateur Youth leagues.
  • Aug 1996: Brady agrees not to go to the police. He then went on to be head of the Arsenal youth team.
  • Oct 1996: Torbett charged with sex offences.
  • May 1997: Record team win Reporter of the Year award for investigations into sex abuse at Celtic Boys’ Club.
  • Aug 1997: The Court of Appeal lifted a gagging order that had banned the press from reporting on the court trial of Torbett and Cairney.
  • Nov 1998: Torbett stands trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court charged with molesting three youngsters in his care including Alan Brazil. He is found guilty and jailed for two years.
  • 2000: Torbett resigns as director of The Trophy Centre.
  • 2002: Cleaners find a bin bag full of obscene photographs of boys in a store room at Parkstead. John Cullen, club photographer, is immediately dismissed. He is subsequently found guilty of ‘lewd and libidinous’ behaviour. His lenient sentence causes outrage.
  • 2005: Kevin Kelly resigns as director of The Trophy Centre.
Further connections:

A number of photographs are freely available on the internet of Jimmy Savile and/or the Father O’Connell with different board members.

Celtic was also linked to the notorious St Joseph’s College Roman Catholic boarding school which was rocked by appalling allegations of abuse. It was run by the Marist Brother Order. Interestingly, the team Athletico Bilbao was started by former pupils of the college.

Reference:

Related

T
Well Done mate tremendous

Good timeline of events here, an interesting part for me is 1989 The Trophy centre, I always wondered how the funds were raised to start that business. But it looks like it wasn't only Torbett who were in at the very start.

• 1966: Celtic Boys’ Club is founded by Jim Torbett, who had previously been involved in Glasgow youth football.
  • 1976: Jock Stein ousts Jim Torbett as Boys’ Club general manager after allegations that boys were being sexually abused. Torbett is replaced by Frank Cairney. Hugh Birt (a photographer and Celtic associate) is made chairman.
  • 1989: Jim Torbett creates a new business – The Trophy Centre – alongside Honorary President of the Boy’s Club and Celtic board member, Kevin Kelly, plus Gerald McAleer, former youth player under Torbett, and Angus Yuile who was company secretary.
  • 1991: A youth team member raises allegations of abuse against Cairney that happened during a trip to New Jersey. His father takes him to Celtic Park to meet with new manager, Liam Brady, and chief scout, John Kelman. Brady approaches the board and demands Cairney leave the club. He resigns as general manager and part-time coach and the club announce this is due to ‘business commitments’. The boy is assured that his allegations would not affect his future career at the club. It was also agreed between Celtic, Brady, the boy and his parents that the police would not be informed. Signed statements were taken from four adults who were also on the New Jersey trip. They were all sworn to secrecy.
  • 1993: Torbett is asked back to the club to help them raise funds via memorabilia sales. He eventually also returns to the Boy’s Club.
  • 1994: Fergus McCann joins Celtic and immediately receives an anonymous letter detailing years of abuse at the club. Adamant the persistent rumours should no longer be brushed under the carpet, he calls in Torbett and asks him to meet with the club’s lawyers to sign an affidavit either admitting or denying claims of abuse which could then be passed to police. Torbett refuses.
  • 1994: Celtic fan, Gerry McSherry appears on a radio programme to question the transfer of a young player. Within days he received a number of calls making allegations of untoward behaviour at the Boy’s Club. McSherry began his own investigation.
  • 1994: New Celtic boss Tommy Burns attempts to bring Frank Cairney back to Parkstead. Fergus McCann refuses following outrage from fans in New Jersey.
  • Aug 1996: The Daily Record runs an expose on abuse at Celtic involving Torbett and Cairney. In the following days, former Scotland star Alan Brazil, David Gordon and John McClusky tell The Daily Record of abuse by Torbett when when they were members of the Celtic Boys’ Club. McSherry is contracted to The Daily Record. A further former player, Scott Sinclair, also comes forward claiming that Cairney would abuse boys in his van. Cairney refuted the allegations and denied knowing Sinclair. In response Sinclair handed a photograph to The Daily Record which was a picture of the whole team, including both Sinclair and Cairney.
  • Aug 1996: After the story broke, Burns rushed to Cairney’s home (a man he considered a close friend). He told waiting reporters “He has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man“. The following day, an angry McCann issued a statement to the press stating: “While I sympathise with Tommy Burns’ personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney, the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint“. In response, Burns said he had been misquoted and actually said: “He has my backing and I’m sure he will have the backing of several members of the first team who played for Frank at under-16 level“. Torbett went in to hiding at the home of two former youth players – William and Andrew Gilbert.
  • Aug 1996: A meeting between five men was held in Boston’s Airport where a secret deal was agreed allowing Cairney to resign immediately so as to avoid a police investigation. Celtic chairman, Jack McGinn, allowed Cairney’s written resignation to say it was for “business reasons”. The impromptu meeting consisted of Cairney, Jim McNally, Bill Gilfillan, John Gallacher and Willie Hampson.
  • Aug 1996: Brady agrees not to go to the police. He then went on to be head of the Arsenal youth team.
  • May 1997: Record team win Reporter of the Year award for investigations into sex abuse at Celtic Boys’ Club.
  • Aug 1997: The Court of Appeal lifted a gagging order that had banned the press from reporting on the court trial of Torbett and Cairney.
  • Nov 1998: Torbett stands trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court charged with molesting three youngsters in his care including Alan Brazil. He is found guilty and jailed for two years.
  • 2002: Cleaners find a bin bag full of obscene photographs of boys in a store room at Parkstead. John Cullen, club photographer, is immediately dismissed. He is subsequently found guilty of ‘lewd and libidinous’ behaviour. His lenient sentence causes outrage.
Further connections:

A number of photographs are freely available on the internet of Jimmy Savile and/or the Father O’Connell with different board members.

Celtic was also linked to the notorious St Joseph’s College Roman Catholic boarding school which was rocked by appalling allegations of abuse. It was run by the Marist Brother Order. Interestingly, the team Athletico Bilbao was started by former pupils of the college.

Reference:

Related

T
Outstanding post;)

One of them was being threatened and had excrement etc shoved through his door for trying to report it.

People ie heavies turning up at his work place.

For trying to protect children. Disgusting mate.I grew up in one of the worst parts of Glasgow but don’t know one person that wouldve done that.

Reactions: TQ3
I'm sure we could split certain events over a period of days and all research and chip in?

For example, despite following all this since the 80's I never knew the following until half an hour ago.

Gerry McAleer, a former youth player under Torbett, dismissed any allegations against Torbett. McAleer was accused by the prosection of being “paid off” as he was, by that point, appointed business partner of Torbett at The Trophy Club.

Gerald McAleer,again last year defended JT in court as a witness for the defence,another lying creepy bastard that knows exactly what’s going on here.

His soft spoken well mannered bullshit fooled nobody,involved with takings from all the shops and privy to the books.

“Him and others would regularly work till 7-8 bells most nights as orders were constant and busy,also a key holder and would lock up.”

Said by the man himself under cross examination by the Lady Advocate.

And his working colleague Anne (McGinn) Dunne was the secretary the same shop,can’t remember the date’s they stated they started etc,would transcripts be available,anybody know?

Gerald McAleer,again last year defended JT in court as a witness for the defence,another lying creepy bastard that knows exactly what’s going on here.

His soft spoken well mannered bullshit fooled nobody,involved with takings from all the shops and privy to the books.

“Him and others would regularly work till 7-8 bells most nights as orders were constant and busy,also a key holder and would lock up.”

And his working colleague Anne (McGinn) Dunne was the secretary the same shop,can’t remember the date’s they stated they started etc,would transcripts be available,anybody know?

Didn’t I read that Kelly’s wife was involved under her maiden name BB ? Would Anne be his wife ?

Further connections:

Reference:

Related

T
Great post - Thankyou

Really heartened to see posters actively working together to provide real insight into this whole sordid and disgusting affair.

The abuse happening is despicable. As evidence and insight builds the use of enablers in positions of power is a further sickener and unbelievably sinister.

Child abuse is a crime that steals the confidence, hope and soul of a young person.

I hope with everything I have that those involved in this are held to account and every single adult impacted gets their day in court, to watch those who used their power for evil crumble.

Be sure to spread findings on social media, use #celticknew.

No point scoring
No sporting rivalry
Justice, answers and closure for the victims and their families

For trying to protect children. Disgusting mate.I grew up in one of the worst parts of Glasgow but don’t know one person that wouldve done that.

Yep. Was involved in youth football and he left obviously because of that. Was involved in a local club of my hometown and he told the story of it and all that happened. It was years after it. But I remember being about 17/18 at the time hearing it.

Wasn't till i saw the name and I asked if it was same one. And this guy was as red hot a Celtic man you could of got. He was ashamed with what was going on.

Funnily enough mate I was reading about them earlier I think I googled Trophy Centre Directors and those names and dates are on it

https://scepticpeg.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/celtics-seedy-past/
Another link and the name of Kelly comes up everywhere there needs to be a public enquiry before this guy departs us, he has a wealth of information and is pivotal to everything that happened.

You read the bit about them going to the non existent tournament & they were phoning home giving results ?
And Tommy Burns claimed he’d scored v Real Madrid ?

Pumping lies into young kids at that age :mad:

Sordid mate.

Have a look at Lawwells shenanigans at Mining Scotland...behind the scenes dealings with Labour energy minister Brian Wilson,and the tub of lard from Coatbridge. Fucking Monktonhall colliery with the loss of 500 jobs ,secret government bail outs,taxpayers footing the bill,and Lawwell,Wilson and Reid all walked away and reunited at the piggery. Not got all the facts but something stinks

https://footballtaxhavens.wordpress...came-insolvent-went-into-liquidation-in-1997/

You read the bit about them going to the non existent tournament & they were phoning home giving results ?
And Tommy Burns claimed he’d scored v Real Madrid ?

Pumping lies into young kids at that age :mad:

Sordid mate.
So ,if they weren't destroying Real Madrid and others,what the hell were they doing. Who funded these trips to here there and everywhere?

Have a look at Lawwells shenanigans at Mining Scotland...behind the scenes dealings with Labour energy minister Brian Wilson,and the tub of lard from Coatbridge. Fucking Monktonhall colliery with the loss of 500 jobs ,secret government bail outs,taxpayers footing the bill,and Lawwell,Wilson and Reid all walked away and reunited at the piggery. Not got all.the facts but something stinks

Was that the Brian Wilson who was a Celtic director?

Back