Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

As been said before it's utterly shameful that this SNP Government values hooring itself for buying votes of a certain section of the community than Investigating what I'm sure will be the World's Biggest EVER scandal and disgrace in Sporting History.

Shameless b@stards.

So this cünt started and ran multiple companies with the head-paedo at his club, at the same time as he re-employed him with the knowledge that he was sacked the first time for abusing kids?

The picture of Kelly, Saville and O'Brien is looking less and less anecdotal by the day — this bastard is up to his eyeballs in it.

Could be totally wrong, but this looks like DR are prodding him in hope of getting a story because they know he was in on it.

So this cünt started and ran multiple companies with the head-paedo at his club, at the same time as he re-employed him with the knowledge that he was sacked the first time for abusing kids?

The picture of Kelly, Saville and O'Brien is looking less and less anecdotal by the day — this bastard is up to his eyeballs in it.

Could be totally wrong, but this looks like DR are prodding him in hope of getting a story because they know he was in on it.
They defo have loads more to drip feed and twist the knife

Looks like it indeed. I wonder if they already know the extent of this or are currently unearthing stuff as they dig.

is the door stopping of certain individuals a clue?

what of the other the one with the rolf harris beard?

someone said he'd all of a sudden disappeared from twitter a few months ago

Like I said on the other thread.
Maybe he drunk to much of the CENTENARY SCOTCH WHISKY LIMITED and can't remember being associated with Torbett.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC109377/CENTENARY-SCOTCH-WHISKY-LIMITED/companies-house-data;)
So he was director of at least two other companies with Torbett!!
That's incredible.
Is there a way to see when they got dissolved and whether Kelly was still involved after Torbetts convictions?
Kelly is up to his neck in this.

I think the man's an idiot don't know who is advising him or the club put he has put his feet right in it he must know there are records out there showing his involvement in The Trophy Centre where he was appointed on the very same day as Jim Torbett and 2 years later was joined by a family member of another director.
I think either A - The Police said no such thing or
B - They did say it ...... but it was in 1991
or C - He's a lying b#stard
There are 2 other companies of which he was a joint director with Torbett. Both posted on this thread.

So he was director of at least two other companies with Torbett!!
That's incredible.
Is there a way to see when they got dissolved and whether Kelly was still involved after Torbetts convictions?
Kelly is up to his neck in this.
The whiskey one was dissolved in 96 and Plan role in 92

99% sure this timeline of events is accurate:

1971 – Kelly appointed as director at Celtc
1976 – Torbett sacked at CBC for abuse allegations
1980 – Torbett returns to CBC
1989 – Torbett & Kelly start The Trophy Centre Ltd.
1989 – Torbett & Kelly start Centenary Scotch Whisky Ltd.
1991 – Torbett & Kelly start Planrole Ltd.
1991 – Kelly appointed as chairman at Celtc
1994 – McCann receives anonymous letters detailing abuse at CBC by Torbett and co., starts to ask questions
1994 – Kelly papped out of Celtc
1996 – Torbett charged

Much of this info has already been around for a while, but there's so much of it that it takes seeing it a few times before everything starts to click.

I think it's safe to say the chances of Kelly being innocent in this are pretty slim.

1994 – McCann receives anonymous letters detailing abuse at CBC by Torbett and co., starts to ask questions
1996 – Torbett charged

Much of this info has already been around for a while, but there's so much of it that it takes seeing it a few times before everything starts to click.

I think it's safe to say the chances of Kelly being innocent in this are pretty slim.
It’s staggering when you see it laid out like that, that’s just a 25 year period, makes you wonder how far back did this go, they don’t have skeletons in the closet they have a whole fecking graveyard.

1996 – Torbett charged

The other big elephant in the room here is the role of the media itself in the cover up.

When Torbett was banged up first time around that's when we learned he'd been re-employed by Kelly after being kicked out of the club by Stein in the '70s.

Surely that was the point to have an independent inquiry into whether there was any more to unearth at Celtic Park?

That it didn't really happen suggests the media are also culpable, and if that's true, we can assume they will continue to douse and deflect on behalf of Celtic now.

The other big elephant in the room here is the role of the media itself in the cover up.

When Torbett was banged up first time around that's when we learned he'd been re-employed by Kelly after being kicked out of the club by Stein in the '70s.

Surely that was the point to have an independent inquiry into whether there was any more to unearth at Celtic Park?

That it didn't really happen suggests the media are also culpable, and if that's true, we can assume they will continue to douse and deflect on behalf of Celtic now.

We live in a completely different society now, cover-ups like these can't be buried like they were 30-40 years ago.

I don't think they can deflect anymore, there is an element of covering their own arse here as they're obviously complicit in this by ignoring it for so long – but if they do something now they can say 'we did our bit!'.

1996 – Torbett charged

You can add Kelly resigning from trophy centre in 2005

In relation to Radio Clyde/Hugh Kevin’s closing the door on discussing the crimes and cover up at CFC/CBC.

He’s also determined to protect his close pal ‘the late, great Tommy Burns’.
The same 'late great' Tommy Burns who tried to bring paedophile Cairney back to CFC only to be slapped down by the bunnett

This 'relationship' between Burns and Cairney is another that needs thorough investigation?

Why on earth would burns attempt to bring back a man who was a suspected child abuser?

Was burns just naively loyal to his former coach?
Was burns aware of abuse during his time at CBC.... And did he report it?

And how did Fergus mccann become aware of Cairneys previous at CBC?
Obviously someone itk filled him in?

I have said on many occasions that Saint Tommy of Calton would have full knowledge of the child abuse at CFC/CBC. In other words, he knew.
He was part of the inner sanctum and creepily close to Frank Cairney. His defence of Cairney at the time of the ‘scurrilous accusation’ was naive and crass, and may have been the actions of a man who had been bullied and traumatised by the evil and domineering Cairney. Or perhaps it was something more sordid and sinister ?
Regardless of why Tommy Burns defended Cairney so vehemently, the history books will forever show him as a tainted man for his strong vocal backing of an evil monster. Fact.

And still the silence from Scotland's First Minister is allowed to continue unchallenged by any of the opposition parties.

She wasn't slow to speak out on behalf of Neil Lennon. This man of ' great dignity ' that went down like a monkey in a deckchair holding his face when the coin clearly hit his jacket.

During First Minister's Questions, Ms Sturgeon condemned the attack and said that Scotland must be united in stamping out all forms of bigotry.

She said: "I saw some of Neil Lennon's press conference and thought he conducted himself with great dignity.

"Nobody should have to suffer the abuse and the attacks that he has had to suffer.

The First Minister says no one should have to face the abuse Hibs boss Neil Lennon

"I unequivocally condemn anti-Catholic bigotry, anti-Irish racism, I condemn sectarianism in any shape or form and this government will continue to take the action we need to take to ensure that Scotland is a country that demonstrates zero tolerance of any of that kind of bigotry.

Sturgeon was playing up to the Catholic vote that she relies so heavily upon.
For her, there is no currency in condemning the child rape and the cover up that took place at Celtic Football Club. It's all about keeping the Catholic vote on-side.

Not condemning it makes her complicit in the cover up. That's what we're up against here.

Last edited:
We live in a completely different society now, cover-ups like these can't be buried like they were 30-40 years ago.

I don't think they can deflect anymore, there is an element of covering their own arse here as they're obviously complicit in this by ignoring it for so long – but if they do something now they can say 'we did our bit!'.

I think the concern is that there’s a conspicuous hesitancy from the media in general to actually do their bit and demand an extensive inquiry.

One or two have broken ranks, but the collective mood still feels like one of reluctance to really go on the front foot with this.

Perhaps once the trials begin in earnest that will change, but right now there’s still a sense of hoping it will all blow over.

1996 – Torbett charged

I would also put Stein leaves Celtic 1978

I have emailed the first minister and the party leaders - no reply. I emailed Douglas Ross MP and he did reply but because I am not in his constituency he can’t deal with it. He suggested I contact my own MP because I Iive in Northamptonshire. I have emailed David Mundell, the Scottish Secretary - no reply. I will contact my MP but doubt he will take any interest.

I have emailed the first minister and the party leaders - no reply. I emailed Douglas Ross MP and he did reply but because I am not in his constituency he can’t deal with it. He suggested I contact my own MP because I Iive in Northamptonshire. I have emailed David Mundell, the Scottish Secretary - no reply. I will contact my MP but doubt he will take any interest.
What should I be asking my MP to do, I don't live in Scotland but would contact my MP if it would help the victims get justice.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about Daly's one I was away when McCafferty got sentenced was there not one on that night featuring The Gray Family and others , the other one the main one is a few months away yet I believe.

I don’t recall a documentary. If you mean by a documentary, a half hour or one hour dedicated programme then I have not seen it.
There were interviews as part of the news report but no special programme as far as I recall.

What should I be asking my MP to do, I don't live in Scotland but would contact my MP if it would help the victims get justice.

Ensure that a proper enquiry is held into the reported paedophile ring throughout UK that seems to include Celtic, Southampton, Crewe & possible others ?

Abuse of children is one of thee worst crimes a person can commit & for large businesses to hide such behaviour is a disgrace.

They are all in denial. Westminster has to intervene.

I don’t recall a documentary. If you mean by a documentary, a half hour or one hour dedicated programme then I have not seen it.
There were interviews as part of the news report but no special programme as far as I recall.
I don't know mate I thought Daly's has still to come out but people saying to me it was on if it was just an extended news report I can't see him leaving it as that it's part his story

In relation to Radio Clyde/Hugh Kevin’s closing the door on discussing the crimes and cover up at CFC/CBC.

I have said on many occasions that Saint Tommy of Calton would have full knowledge of the child abuse at CFC/CBC. In other words, he knew.
He was part of the inner sanctum and creepily close to Frank Cairney. His defence of Cairney at the time of the ‘scurrilous accusation’ was naive and crass, and may have been the actions of a man who had been bullied and traumatised by the evil and domineering Cairney. Or perhaps it was something more sordid and sinister ?
Regardless of why Tommy Burns defended Cairney so vehemently, the history books will forever show him as a tainted man for his strong vocal backing of an evil monster. Fact.

Karma has a funny way of payback.

Just a thought. Would it be reasonable to list all the MSP/Police/MSM etc that have been contacted and perhaps illustrate their lack of response also, and then continue to communicate this to all and sundry via twitter/email/facebook to show them up for what they are? A continual barrage of asking them what they are going to do and when they will do it. This may leave a trail that can be used into shaming them for any future employment when the dam breaks. It may also spur others into doing something about this case for fear of getting their name shamed.

Just a thought. Would it be reasonable to list all the MSP/Police/MSM etc that have been contacted and perhaps illustrate their lack of response also, and then continue to communicate this to all and sundry via twitter/email/facebook to show them up for what they are? A continual barrage of asking them what they are going to do and when they will do it. This may leave a trail that can be used into shaming them for any future employment when the dam breaks. It may also spur others into doing something about this case for fear of getting their name shamed.
I've sent emails to every MSP's in Scotland with exception of any SNP ones what I don't understand is why some say we can't reply cause you don't stay in our area but others do

I've sent emails to every MSP's in Scotland with exception of any SNP ones what I don't understand is why some say we can't reply cause you don't stay in our area but others do
As much as Adam tomkins is applying pressure,his boss must call this out in open parliament,useless and sturgeon would then have to open there wired mouths.the dogs on the street have known for years what's been going on.I feel so sorry for the victims that the very people who took the oath to protect them,couldn't give a dam.There will be books on this one day and history wont be kind to them.

I believe if you are not a constituent they do not need to respond, however if you write to them as a non constituent in their capacity as minister for whatever they have to respond.So for example I could write to Maree Todd as an MP & she does not need to respond, but if I write to her in her capacity as Minister for Children regarding child abuse she is duty bound to respond.If I recall correctly there is an MP email address & a ministerial email address.
So best if everyone write to their constituency MP & then the specific minister in their ministerial capacity. If you want to write to Useless & you are not a constituent, email him in his ministerial capacity.

Back