Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

f_celtic20fanm_37e142a.jpg

maybe we can ensure they match up

images

Celtic not mentioned once in her reply
No , She doesn’t mention Celtc in her reply but she does mention “ experiences of sexual abuse in Scottish Football “ Now I wonder what football team or teams she can be referring to with that statement . It makes out we are all in it together but which team is the guilty one ? I know one thing as far as Rangers FC., are concerned the verdict is NOT GUILTY !

Anyone know when the SFA report is due?

A public enquiry will hopefully happen but can't until after the report is published.Guys close to this who have been supporting the victims/families have had replies back from over 50 MSP's from the 3 main parties.
I’ve done a wee bit of homework Haining. I live in England obviously. Originally from Glasgow mate. But I’ve been asking councillors down here who are in the know about politics obviously. Now obviously we have the devolved government and that seems to be the stumbling block when it comes to Westminster being involved. The reply I got from nadhim zahawi basically outlines that.
But I keep being told down here that if an inquiry is launched then it opens the doors for the press down here and also politicians to get involved at Westminster. Hopefully professor Thomkins carries this through.
It’s actually criminal in my opinion that the snp have done nothing. But I can’t give up. And not because it’s Celtic. It’s because this has happened in my country. And that club choose to protect their finances rather than hold their hands up. I don’t want to go on but I want you to know like others that we are doing our best down south to spread the word and contact as many officials as possible.
I’m confident we will get justice for the families and victims. Even though it gets frustrating sometimes I am confident that justice will prevail.

I’ve done a wee bit of homework Haining. I live in England obviously. Originally from Glasgow mate. But I’ve been asking councillors down here who are in the know about politics obviously. Now obviously we have the devolved government and that seems to be the stumbling block when it comes to Westminster being involved. The reply I got from nadhim zahawi basically outlines that.
But I keep being told down here that if an inquiry is launched then it opens the doors for the press down here and also politicians to get involved at Westminster. Hopefully professor Thomkins carries this through.
It’s actually criminal in my opinion that the snp have done nothing. But I can’t give up. And not because it’s Celtic. It’s because this has happened in my country. And that club choose to protect their finances rather than hold their hands up. I don’t want to go on but I want you to know like others that we are doing our best down south to spread the word and contact as many officials as possible.
I’m confident we will get justice for the families and victims. Even though it gets frustrating sometimes I am confident that justice will prevail.

Agree bn.

We can never stop until we get justice. I know I won’t.

Just a wee thing I did which may help some ?

Apart from the obvious of making it non Rangers v Crime Scene FC, I’ve sent a letter on behalf of a relative & their friends. They are all pensioners, but want this Independant Inquiry.

Just think it’ll come over hard to ignore with all of them signing that one letter. Gets a message over about the public at large rather than us bears.

I’m hopeful on the response. It’s in Glasgow East constituency too.

Well played mate.I think at this moment it's just a case of letting time play out in regards to the SFA's report being published and Thompson's serving the papers.

I genuinely believe Celtic are in the process of hanging themselves unless they make a series change of direction.

My thoughts are, if shame fc are to be brought to book then a big part of it will be their arrogance
They have had a succession of sympathisers in government
People shouting about the scum loving SNP should not forget that before them we had the scum loving Labour Party
They have the GCC to a man
They also control the footballing authorities
They have now brought in a PR company
The beasts, just like their support feel they are untouchable
They also lack honesty and are bereft of any compassion
This is why I do not think they will make a serious change of direction Haining 84, they are comfortable with what they are doing
They are indoctrinated ..
I have worked with all different nationalities and all different religions
My main observations being Muslims are prepared to die for the cause
Catholic’s are prepared to lie for the cause
Disgusting as the last line was, it is sad fact and a total indictment on the cult and the depths to which they are prepared to sink

My thoughts are, if shame fc are to be brought to book then a big part of it will be their arrogance
They have had a succession of sympathisers in government
People shouting about the scum loving SNP should not forget that before them we had the scum loving Labour Party
They have the GCC to a man
They also control the footballing authorities
They have now brought in a PR company
The beasts, just like their support feel they are untouchable
They also lack honesty and are bereft of any compassion
This is why I do not think they will make a serious change of direction Haining 84, they are comfortable with what they are doing
They are indoctrinated ..
I have worked with all different nationalities and all different religions
My main observations being Muslims are prepared to die for the cause
Catholic’s are prepared to lie for the cause
Disgusting as the last line was, it is sad fact and a total indictment on the cult and the depths to which they are prepared to sink
Unless forced to the Catholic cult will admit nothing unless brought in front of the courts. That’s been proved worldwide even in recent years.
We have to class Celtic part of that cult as they have promoted and stood by that belief since 1888. They have had convictions and then tried their hardest to distance themselves from it with the falsehood of separate entity.
This isn’t my view. It’s fact.
And then a 2 year internal inquiry and appointing hollicom? And a chairman that refuses to speak to a professor of law?

Where's the lawyer or solicitor that was all over the TV and radio who was representing the victims? Was he not saying he would press ahead with court proceedings if they didn't admit blame and compensate the victims.

I take it he doesn't actually give a %^*& about justice and just wants compensation paid so he can get his cut.

Where's the lawyer or solicitor that was all over the TV and radio who was representing the victims? Was he not saying he would press ahead with court proceedings if they didn't admit blame and compensate the victims.

I take it he doesn't actually give a %^*& about justice and just wants compensation paid so he can get his cut.

unfortunately these things will drag on

Reply from Adidas

Shop Customer Service <service@onlineshop.adidas.co.uk>
To:R.K.

‎9‎ ‎Jul at ‎14‎:‎40

Dear R.K.,

Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club. Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.

We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand. As policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.

We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.

We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Kind regards,
adidas Team​

That may be unfair on the law firm. Do you want them to take a half baked case to court? Or indeed a single case when for all you know, they are building a class action.

See Response from my local English Westminster MP- (Pretty high up within the Conservative Party)

For your information

On my original letter which was pretty long not just emphasised the Child abuse issues and historical background.
I also stated how getting an independent enquiry would lose the Irish Republican vote for the SNP and effectively kill the chance of Indref2 stone dead – this what the reference is to Part Politics is.

I had also requested for Ruth Davidson & Adam Tomkins be contacted directly.

Thank you for your very powerful letter on this terrible issue, which I have read very carefully.
My sincere apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you.

First let me say that - like you and the rest of the country - I have been absolutely appalled and sickened to hear of the terrible crimes that have been committed within football clubs. Football clubs should be places for young people to prosper. Instead, as you so importantly outline, they have been used to cover up the worst and most terrible crimes over decades.

It must never, ever be allowed to happen again. I completely agree with you that an independent inquiry would be a very valuable way forward, for all the reasons you set out.

I work very closely with Ruth Davidson and I will certainly raise this with colleagues and Ministers. The scale of the crimes you set out in your letter is truly appalling. Party politics must never be allowed to get in the way of the truth.

Rest assured, I will do everything I possibly can to make sure that your concerns are heard at the highest level of government and that the case for an independent inquiry is now considered by Ministers.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me on this absolutely vital issue.

See Response from my local English Westminster MP- (Pretty high up within the Conservative Party)

For your information

On my original letter which was pretty long not just emphasised the Child abuse issues and historical background.
I also stated how getting an independent enquiry would lose the Irish Republican vote for the SNP and effectively kill the chance of Indref2 stone dead – this what the reference is to Part Politics is.

Thank you for your very powerful letter on this terrible issue, which I have read very carefully.

First let me say that - like you and the rest of the country - I have been absolutely appalled and sickened to hear of the terrible crimes that have been committed within football clubs. Football clubs should be places for young people to prosper. Instead, as you so importantly outline, they have been used to cover up the worst and most terrible crimes over decades.

It must never, ever be allowed to happen again. I completely agree with you that an independent inquiry would be a very valuable way forward, for all the reasons you set out.

I work very closely with Ruth Davidson and I will certainly raise this with colleagues and Ministers. The scale of the crimes you set out in your letter is truly appalling. Party politics must never be allowed to get in the way of the truth.

Rest assured, I will do everything I possibly can to make sure that your concerns are heard at the highest level of government and that the case for an independent inquiry is now considered by Ministers.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me on this absolutely vital issue.

Sounds promising and not quite your average 'going round the houses' bollocks that we usually get.Still 100% behind these efforts, but can't help thinking we are pissing against the wind.It would, I guess, be different if we were the complainers/plaintiffs in all of this, but fortunately we are not and will have less impact as a result.

Quick question: Did I read somewhere (probably on here!) that US courts had blocked Celtic attempts to avoid US justice as they are a UK plc? Something like that?

Last edited:
copy of email sent to adam tomkins today in support of his efforts.

Dear Mr. Tomkins,

I am writing to you in regards to your recent involvement in the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport and particularly at Celtic F.C.

Firstly, I fully support your efforts in trying to get this matter raised by your requests for meetings with Peter Lawwell of Celtic F.C and other sporting bodies and wish you continued success in your attempts to get justice for the victims of their sordid crimes of the past 50 years.

Secondly,have you managed to have any relevant dialogue with Peter Lawwell through letters or meetings?,or in fact,have you managed to ascertain the result of his own secret 2 year investigation,which has been conducted without anyones prior knowledge or indeed,contact with any of the victims as I am aware?.

I would hope that you and hopefully other MP’s will apply pressure on this man and his club to come clean and reveal their reasons behind the 6 criminal convictions for sexual abuse in and around his club and its associated clubs to date,as well as their reasons for covering up their sordid crimes for the past 50 years?.

I,myself have made efforts to contact my local MSP’s Mr.Derek MacKay and Mr.Gavin Newlands ,asking them as to why there has been no mention of this sex abuse scandal in the Scottish parliament,along with absolute zero comment from the first minister or justice secretary on the matter.i think it is scandalous that our elected political representatives can just turn a blind eye to such blatant crimes at that club,all of which have been highlighted in the mainstream media over the years,surely the victims deserve more and justice to boot?.
The answers I have received from my enquiries have been just the basic generic,party line ,with a referral to the SFA’s interim report into sporting sex abuse,which basically doesn’t deal with the specific criminality which took place over 50 years at celtic park and was covered up in various ways over the same period.

There is a huge swell in public minds for there to be a full public ,independent and transparent inquiry into this club and its historic crimes,the likes of which ,has not been seen in this country since the Jimmy Saville escapade ( who incidently,had serious connections to those involved within celtic fc),confidence in such an inquiry would be increased,if it were conducted through Westminster or a neutral and impartial body outwith Scotland.

The public need answers to this and protection from future criminal behaviour in this club and indeed any other institutions within Scotland .

As stated,I fully support your effort and hope you will exert more pressure on this club and their criminal behaviour.

Kind regards

hopefully more pressure will mount and more bears on here will take to their keyboards and twitter and bring the scum to justice.....keep up the good work.

copy of email sent today to ruth davidson

Dear Miss.Davidson,

I am writing to you in regards to the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport and particularly at Celtic F.C and would request that you,as leader of one of the opposition parties in Scotland,raise this matter in the Scottish parliament at first ministers questions as a matter of urgency and national importance....this is far more important than any indy ref2 .

I would hope that you and hopefully other MP’s will apply pressure on this man and his club to come clean and reveal their reasons behind the 6 criminal convictions for sexual abuse in and around his club and its associated clubs to date,as well as their reasons for covering up their sordid crimes for the past 50 years?.

I,myself have made efforts to contact my local MSP’s Mr.Derek MacKay and Mr.Gavin Newlands ,asking them as to why there has been no mention of this sex abuse scandal in the Scottish parliament,along with absolute zero comment from the first minister or justice secretary on the matter.i think it is scandalous that our elected political representatives can just turn a blind eye to such blatant crimes at that club,all of which have been highlighted in the mainstream media over the years,surely the victims deserve more and justice to boot?.
The answers I have received from my enquiries have been just the basic generic,party line ,with a referral to the SFA’s interim report into sporting sex abuse,which basically doesn’t deal with the specific criminality which took place over 50 years at celtic park and was covered up in various ways over the same period.

There is a huge swell in public minds for there to be a full public ,independent and transparent inquiry into this club and its historic crimes,the likes of which ,has not been seen in this country since the Jimmy Saville escapade ( who incidently,had serious connections to those involved within celtic fc),confidence in such an inquiry would be increased,if it were conducted through Westminster or a neutral and impartial body outwith Scotland.

We need decisive action on this serious matter and their crimes of the past 50 years and if it is done by way of a public inquiry,then you can be assured,the SNP party will not remain in power for much longer,this would destroy them due to their ignorance and refusal of it to date.

The public need answers to this and protection from future criminal behaviour in this club and indeed any other institutions within Scotland .

I hope you will exert more pressure on this club and their criminal behaviour and bring justice to the victims,which is long overdue.

Kind regards

copy of email sent today to ruth davidson

Dear Miss.Davidson,

I am writing to you in regards to the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport and particularly at Celtic F.C and would request that you,as leader of one of the opposition parties in Scotland,raise this matter in the Scottish parliament at first ministers questions as a matter of urgency and national importance....this is far more important than any indy ref2 .

We need decisive action on this serious matter and their crimes of the past 50 years and if it is done by way of a public inquiry,then you can be assured,the SNP party will not remain in power for much longer,this would destroy them due to their ignorance and refusal of it to date.

I hope you will exert more pressure on this club and their criminal behaviour and bring justice to the victims,which is long overdue.

Kind regards
Have you seen the previous reply from Ruth Davidson Tommy?

copy of email sent to adam tomkins today in support of his efforts.

Dear Mr. Tomkins,

I am writing to you in regards to your recent involvement in the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport and particularly at Celtic F.C.

As stated,I fully support your effort and hope you will exert more pressure on this club and their criminal behaviour.

Kind regards

hopefully more pressure will mount and more bears on here will take to their keyboards and twitter and bring the scum to justice.....keep up the good work.

Great effort mate.
Here is the man's contact details for anyone who has not already so.

email; Adam.Tomkins.msp@parliament.scot
M2.03
The Scottish Parliament
Edinburgh
EH99 1SP

Telephone: 0131 348 5963
Email Adam Tomkins's Parliament Office

1018 Maryhill Road
Glasgow
G20 9TE

Telephone: 0141 946 3335
Text relay calls welcome.

copy of email sent to useless today.

Dear Mr.Yousaf,

I am writing to you in regards to the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport,particularly at Celtic FC over the past 50 years and to ask for your comments on why you yourself ,as justice secretary have made no mention of this in media or indeed within your parliament?.

As you are or may not be aware,there have been 6 criminal convictions made against individuals employed within this club and its associated clubs,all under the same tainted umberella,one of whom,was in the course of being RE-EMPLOYED ,before they were booted out of the club for a second time,so an opportunity to re-offend was narrowly missed.

Now, to have 6 members of personnel from that club and its associated clubs within convicted for sex abuse crimes committed within it and abroad (USA},would and surely ring alarm bells and result in action by the relevant authorities don’t you think? ,but no the crimes were all hushed up and pacts formed within from top to bottom ( excuse the pun) to spin a web of lies,deceit and cover ups,which have lasted for over 50 years,without proper justice being brought to the victims.It has been cover up,after cover up,why has that been allowed ?,who were/are they protecting?,
Does the cover ups involve people in authority or higher up in the social classes of Scotland and the uk?,answers are required.
At the very least,this club should have severe sanctions placed on it,perhaps a banning order against them running any youth teams ( although they have recently changed Celtics boys club to st.patricks in recent years...i wonder why that came about?} as having 6 convicted sex offenders ,would constitute a possible paedophile ring in operation within the club and as such,it should be shut down and individuals concerned with the sex abuse and covers ups,placed on the sex offenders list?.

I realise that some of these crimes were committed many years ago and were not on your watch but in recent years and indeed months ,there have been convictions for personnel of that club for their sordid crimes but again,there has been no damnation or comment from yourself or your government in response to them....can you explain why,you choose to make “no comment” to date,that’s the sort of answer a criminal gives at police interview,I would and the public would expect for you,as our elected justice minister to at least come out with some sort of positive response damning the scandal ,the perpetrators and to seek justice for the victims...i would like to hear your reasons as to why you have stayed silent.

Some of these sex crimes were committed on foreign soil (USA) ,can you imagine the disgrace and shame this sex scandal is going to bring,if it hasn’t done so already,to Scotland and its reputation abroad,especially as your party seems to revel in parading itself at new York tartan week every year.I would imagine if the American judicial system picks up on the sex crimes committed on their soil by personnel of Celtic FC ,you could possibly find yourself ,having to answer some serious and very uncomfortable questions,as hopefully the American justice system can be trusted to conduct an investigation into the sex abuse scandal honestly,transparently and independently,which is something you and your department have failed to do so to date.

Therefore,as our countrys elected MSP and justice secretary for Scotland,I am demanding that you raise this matter in Holyrood at the first opportunity and demand that there is a full,independent,transparent public inquiry held into this sexual abuse scandal,the likes of which has not been seen in this country since Jimmy Saville ( another individual with serious links to celtic and its employees)...the victims deserve more and they deserve justice....are you up to the task?.

On another matter,can you explain why a group of celtic fans managed to get off scot free after the procurator fiscals office managed to lose vital evidence relating to the hanging effigies within celtic park at an old firm game?....how can vital evidence just be lost ? and again,it happened under your watch and again,you made no comment on it ,nor showed any desire to launch an inquiry into this serious issue.how can the public have any faith in the police or legal procedures,when you,as justice secretary doesn’t do your job and demand answers?.
Can you give an answer,as to what happened to the evidence?,has it been re-located?,do you intend to retry the individuals ?,do you intend to launch and enquiry into this debacle on your watch?.

Now,it is well known in public circles ,where your allegiances lie,when it comes to football and who you follow and where you have been photographed in your club colours,but this is not in the least about any allegiances,it is about you,as justice secretary,doing your job that you were elected and paid to do and bring justice to the victims of celtic fc’s sexual abusers ,whether you like it or not.

I welcome your response to my points raised here and what you propose to do about the sex abuse scandal and the missing evidence.

Regards

Dear Mr.Yousaf,

I am writing to you in regards to the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport,particularly at Celtic FC over the past 50 years and to ask for your comments on why you yourself ,as justice secretary have made no mention of this in media or indeed within your parliament?.

As you are or may not be aware,there have been 6 criminal convictions made against individuals employed within this club and its associated clubs,all under the same tainted umberella,one of whom,was in the course of being RE-EMPLOYED ,before they were booted out of the club for a second time,so an opportunity to re-offend was narrowly missed.

Now, to have 6 members of personnel from that club and its associated clubs within convicted for sex abuse crimes committed within it and abroad (USA},would and surely ring alarm bells and result in action by the relevant authorities don’t you think? ,but no the crimes were all hushed up and pacts formed within from top to bottom ( excuse the pun) to spin a web of lies,deceit and cover ups,which have lasted for over 50 years,without proper justice being brought to the victims.It has been cover up,after cover up,why has that been allowed ?,who were/are they protecting?,
Does the cover ups involve people in authority or higher up in the social classes of Scotland and the uk?,answers are required.
At the very least,this club should have severe sanctions placed on it,perhaps a banning order against them running any youth teams ( although they have recently changed Celtics boys club to st.patricks in recent years...i wonder why that came about?} as having 6 convicted sex offenders ,would constitute a possible paedophile ring in operation within the club and as such,it should be shut down and individuals concerned with the sex abuse and covers ups,placed on the sex offenders list?.

I realise that some of these crimes were committed many years ago and were not on your watch but in recent years and indeed months ,there have been convictions for personnel of that club for their sordid crimes but again,there has been no damnation or comment from yourself or your government in response to them....can you explain why,you choose to make “no comment” to date,that’s the sort of answer a criminal gives at police interview,I would and the public would expect for you,as our elected justice minister to at least come out with some sort of positive response damning the scandal ,the perpetrators and to seek justice for the victims...i would like to hear your reasons as to why you have stayed silent.

Some of these sex crimes were committed on foreign soil (USA) ,can you imagine the disgrace and shame this sex scandal is going to bring,if it hasn’t done so already,to Scotland and its reputation abroad,especially as your party seems to revel in parading itself at new York tartan week every year.I would imagine if the American judicial system picks up on the sex crimes committed on their soil by personnel of Celtic FC ,you could possibly find yourself ,having to answer some serious and very uncomfortable questions,as hopefully the American justice system can be trusted to conduct an investigation into the sex abuse scandal honestly,transparently and independently,which is something you and your department have failed to do so to date.

Therefore,as our countrys elected MSP and justice secretary for Scotland,I am demanding that you raise this matter in Holyrood at the first opportunity and demand that there is a full,independent,transparent public inquiry held into this sexual abuse scandal,the likes of which has not been seen in this country since Jimmy Saville ( another individual with serious links to celtic and its employees)...the victims deserve more and they deserve justice....are you up to the task?.

On another matter,can you explain why a group of celtic fans managed to get off scot free after the procurator fiscals office managed to lose vital evidence relating to the hanging effigies within celtic park at an old firm game?....how can vital evidence just be lost ? and again,it happened under your watch and again,you made no comment on it ,nor showed any desire to launch an inquiry into this serious issue.how can the public have any faith in the police or legal procedures,when you,as justice secretary doesn’t do your job and demand answers?.
Can you give an answer,as to what happened to the evidence?,has it been re-located?,do you intend to retry the individuals ?,do you intend to launch and enquiry into this debacle on your watch?.

Now,it is well known in public circles ,where your allegiances lie,when it comes to football and who you follow and where you have been photographed in your club colours,but this is not in the least about any allegiances,it is about you,as justice secretary,doing your job that you were elected and paid to do and bring justice to the victims of celtic fc’s sexual abusers ,whether you like it or not.

I welcome your response to my points raised here and what you propose to do about the sex abuse scandal and the missing evidence.

Regards
To many big words for him.

Dear Mr.Yousaf,

Regards

Brilliant email.

If you don't mind sir, I will use some of this on my next round of emails.

Dear Mr.Yousaf,

Regards

Top Stuff Tommy ;)

For your information

Well done QC , excellent work and let’s hope the MP concerned is as good as his word .

I am not on twitter to send anything out but would it be worth while getting in touch with any of these celebrities who are partners with nspcc if you get some of them putting pressure in the media it may help

https://www.looktothestars.org/charity/national-society-for-the-prevention-of-cruelty-to-children.

If one of these get involved it would make things harder to ignore.
The website only seems to cover children protection for England , Wales , Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands o_O, Don’t tell me the SNP have won the Neverendum :mad: Scottish kids don’t seem to be covered .

Back