Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Believe me it has been. When I seen that letter a few days ago I thought oh no. But there is something happening behind the scenes like Grigo says.

The thing that stood out for me in that email was the SFA telling him these up and coming cases will test Celtic’s separate entity claims. They know what’s coming. I think Tomkins might be giving them enough rope to hang themselves.

I also saw this on twitter this morning. Interesting the English inquiry is on hold now too. Could this be related to these Scottish cases? I definitely think there’s loads going on behind the scenes.

SNP do not want it to be discussed in parliament because it will infuriate their core vote, just think about that for a minute
What an absolute blight on that political party and the bigots that vote for them
Radio cattolica do not want to talk about it on air because they are a sports programme only, yet we have shame fc holding 3 investigations into child abuse at their boys football club, and we also have the football governing body the SFA, holding a private inquiry into child abuse at the same time, so it begs the same question as to why they are reluctant to talk about it as well as this happened at a boys club which is obviously sport related
Do we also apply the SNP logic to radio cattolica in that their programme Clyde super scoreboard has an agenda and its core listeners and presenters would be infuriated at this subject being aired for discussion
I think the people running these organisations will, whether they like it or not and whether it goes against their religion or not will eventually have to be dragged into the 21st century
Justice must prevail for the victims and their families, authority has let them down badly
They should have closure when the people who have facilitated the cover up are brought to justice, the sooner the better
Wish so - called Rangers supporters would stop phoning this mob, who is still there to answer their questions Keevins ,Guidi, , Wilson, Wilson's arse sorry i meant Dalziel, Duffy

The thing that stood out for me in that email was the SFA telling him these up and coming cases will test Celtic’s separate entity claims. They know what’s coming. I think Tomkins might be giving them enough rope to hang themselves.

I also saw this on twitter this morning. Interesting the English inquiry is on hold now too. Could this be related to these Scottish cases? I definitely think there’s loads going on behind the scenes.

McCafferty’s comment potentially opened another dimension to this, when he referred to the Bennell links Karbear.
And then the pictures we’ve seen with Saville up here too ? Which included Kevin Kelly of course ;)

Don't forget guys , bombard any player linked to potentially signing for them ,to highlight what a disgusting and reprehensible organisation they would be joining and by joining condoning abuse of children, whilst denying and covering up that fact for over 4 decades, Guilt by Association.
I don't have Twitter/Facebook so maybe the younger bears could attend to this and i'll concentrate on emailing.
Remember it's not over till the fat (subo) sings

It's disgusting that even with all the pressure from other political parties, the Scottish Government still refuses to sanction an independent inquiry. An absolute disgrace to the decent people of Scotland.

We've had rent-a-quote SNP goons (and their Green Party stooges) comment on absolutely everything that's gone on in Scotland, and further afield, over the past number of years, even on stuff that has sweet F.A. to do with them.
Yet here we are, with a massive child rape scandal right under their noses and not one fucking peep out of any of them

Just a thought - what about a fund page set up for posters on here to donate a few quid each and get a simple leaflet made up detailing what's going on and have them printed and handed out in as many towns and villages across Scotland as possible. Maybe a bit of a stretch but an idea all the same.

I’d be 100% with you but when I raised the suggestion before not many had an appetite for funding. People may move to agree with us in the days & weeks ahead ?

I will contribute if we do it mate.

Yep Nacho.

1991, the year of Cairney’s Kearney NJ abuse.
The one where they again elected not to approach the police, and big ‘Frankie Boy’ resigned due to business commitments.

That Financial Controller back then :mad:

Again, this man covered it up and allowed Cairney to leave with his dignity intact instead of calling the Police.
_102226693_jackmcginn_1.jpg

" THE ENABLER "

We've had rent-a-quote SNP goons (and their Green Party stooges) comment on absolutely everything that's gone on in Scotland, and further afield, over the past number of years, even on stuff that has sweet F.A. to do with them.
Yet here we are, with a massive child rape scandal right under their noses and not one fucking peep out of any of them

Because they’re history if they put the knife into them.
They need them for independence so %^*& all else matters to the one dimensional lowlives :mad:

If they can't blame Westmonster, they don't know how to act, crowd of Air Brains.

I’d be 100% with you but when I raised the suggestion before not many had an appetite for funding. People may move to agree with us in the days & weeks ahead ?

If somebody well known on here wishes to start it up I will gladly contribute. Also it wont take huge amounts from everyone as leaflets are fairly cheap if massed produced. Obviously somebody will have to know a printer and if a few can get together once produced and get them delivered to different parts of the country. A team effort here could see the word spread dramatically as apart from follow follow a lot won't know all the ins and outs due to media over there. Even if bears in England want the leaflet emailed to them and they can do the same over there.

She states in my reply about pushing for the inquiry. I’m sure there was a second reply but it basically outlined what she said in the first. I’m sure this it. I’m sure jf and nacho got the same. I maybe wrong

It’s vital that we push Adam to pursue the Inquiry, despite the friggin cost.

This is an issue that is way beyond money & can NEVER be allowed to happen again.

If somebody well known on here wishes to start it up I will gladly contribute. Also it wont take huge amounts from everyone as leaflets are fairly cheap if massed produced. Obviously somebody will have to know a printer and if a few can get together once produced and get them delivered to different parts of the country. A team effort here could see the word spread dramatically as apart from follow follow a lot won't know all the ins and outs due to media over there. Even if bears in England want the leaflet emailed to them and they can do the same over there.

I’m just wondering if we’re gonna do funding should we make it wider, aim for more money & do a range of things including this ?

It’s vital that whatever we do we have a broad consensus as we may need 5,000 to 10,000 bears to support us really get a good fund & then use it for different ideas related to publicising this ?

Just my thought RB, but I’m up for 100 quid anyway :D

Just a thought - what about a fund page set up for posters on here to donate a few quid each and get a simple leaflet made up detailing what's going on and have them printed and handed out in as many towns and villages across Scotland as possible. Maybe a bit of a stretch but an idea all the same.

Something like this could work. Maybe try to encourage a boycott of the crime scene by all football fans or some sort of protest by home fans at all their televised away games. Match days could be a golden opportunity to get the message out there. The crowd and tv cameras are already there. Pity we don’t have access to a PR company to get it off the ground. :confused:

Something like this could work. Maybe try to encourage a boycott of the crime scene by all football fans or some sort of protest by home fans at all their televised away games. Match days could be a golden opportunity to get the message out there. The crowd and tv cameras are already there. Pity we don’t have access to a PR company to get it off the ground. :confused:

What about Hollicom Karbear ? :p:p

I’m just wondering if we’re gonna do funding should we make it wider, aim for more money & do a range of things including this ?

It’s vital that whatever we do we have a broad consensus as we may need 5,000 to 10,000 bears to support us really get a good fund & then use it for different ideas related to publicising this ?

Just my thought RB, but I’m up for 100 quid anyway :D
We could start with somebody who is well connected over there to contact all the supporters clubs to ask for donations. That along with follow follow posters should definatelt get the ball rolling. Even if somebody wanted to involve the gray family and they could essentially help design and promote the leaflet. Again this is only an idea and if somebody with the resources could get the ball rolling. And I'll match your 100

We could start with somebody who is well connected over there to contact all the supporters clubs to ask for donations. That along with follow follow posters should definatelt get the ball rolling. Even if somebody wanted to involve the gray family and they could essentially help design and promote the leaflet. Again this is only an idea and if somebody with the resources could get the ball rolling. And I'll match your 100

I know Papasmurf has done good work on this before, for instance on the boy John McGall injured at the Aberdeen semi.

For all the Labour and Tory parties are making an arse of things,at least they have people in each of their parties who won't toe the party line. Compare this to the snp,one word from the top and everybody gets into line. That's why they have no morals at all,not one of them willing to take a stand. This includes all their chimp followers.

For all the Labour and Tory parties are making an arse of things,at least they have people in each of their parties who won't toe the party line. Compare this to the snp,one word from the top and everybody gets into line. That's why they have no morals at all,not one of them willing to take a stand. This includes all their chimp followers.

SNP = Sinn Fein.

Ex-Celtic Boys’ Club coach Frank Cairney loses second jail freedom bid
Frank Cairney, 84,was jailed for four years in February after he was found guilty of child sex abuse.

A paedophile former boss of Celtic Boys’ Club lost a bid for freedom yesterday while appealing his conviction for abusing eight children.
Lawyers for Frank Cairney, 84, applied for his release on bail ahead of the appeal hearing but the move was rejected by a judge.
Cairney was convicted of sickening attacks on young boys while running St Columba’s Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire, and the under-16 team at Celtic BC.
The predator was jailed for four years in February.

Frank Cairney was jailed earlier this year for a 20-year long campaign of abuse (Image:
The Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh was told Cairney had been suffering from ill health, including heart problems.
His defence team argued Cairney presented a low risk of re-offending and the charges he was convicted of dated back as far as 1965.

They added he had a fixed address in Viewpark and wasn’t a flight risk.
But judge Lord Turnbull threw out the application.
He said Cairney had been convicted of a “series of nasty charges” that involved a “breach of trust” for someone in his position.
Lord Turnbull added: “The sentence imposed took into account his age and the passage of time.”
The judge said he was considering the seriousness of the charges and the “apparent strength” of the appeal case when making his decision.

He added: “I am satisfied that interim liberation ought not to be granted and I refused the application.”
A previous bail bid by Cairney, who didn’t appear in court yesterday, was refused in May.
Cairney joined Celtic Boys Club in 1971 after being asked to run the youth side by legendary manager Jock Stein.
He used his position to molest youngsters in a church hall, in his car and at Celtic’s Barrowfield training ground.
Cairney denied nine charges of sexual abuse between 1965 and 1986 but a jury at Hamilton Sheriff Court convicted him.
Trial sheriff Daniel Kelly branded him a “wolf in sheep’s clothing”.
Cairney abused a 14-year-old boy on various occasions at the Barrowfield ground, as well as in other locations in Glasgow and Lanarkshire between September 1969 and December 1972.
He indecently assaulted a 15-year-old boy at the training ground between January 1985 and December 1986.
He assaulted two other boys aged between 14 and 17, at various Lanarkshire locations, including a church, between May 1965 and May 1970.
And he was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour against two 12-year-old boys in Lanarkshire between December 1965 and December 1968.
Celtic BC founder Jim Torbett was jailed for six years last November after being convicted of sexually abusing three boys during the 80s and 90s while running the youth outfit.
In May Jim McCafferty, 73, who worked with Celtic BC and Celtic FC, was jailed for six years and nine months for targeting ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996.

Frank Cairney, 84,was jailed for four years in February after he was found guilty of child sex abuse.

A paedophile former boss of Celtic Boys’ Club lost a bid for freedom yesterday while appealing his conviction for abusing eight children.
Lawyers for Frank Cairney, 84, applied for his release on bail ahead of the appeal hearing but the move was rejected by a judge.
Cairney was convicted of sickening attacks on young boys while running St Columba’s Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire, and the under-16 team at Celtic BC.

Frank Cairney was jailed earlier this year for a 20-year long campaign of abuse (Image:
The Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh was told Cairney had been suffering from ill health, including heart problems.
His defence team argued Cairney presented a low risk of re-offending and the charges he was convicted of dated back as far as 1965.

He said Cairney had been convicted of a “series of nasty charges” that involved a “breach of trust” for someone in his position.
Lord Turnbull added: “The sentence imposed took into account his age and the passage of time.”
The judge said he was considering the seriousness of the charges and the “apparent strength” of the appeal case when making his decision.

He added: “I am satisfied that interim liberation ought not to be granted and I refused the application.”
A previous bail bid by Cairney, who didn’t appear in court yesterday, was refused in May.
Cairney joined Celtic Boys Club in 1971 after being asked to run the youth side by legendary manager Jock Stein.
He used his position to molest youngsters in a church hall, in his car and at Celtic’s Barrowfield training ground.
Cairney denied nine charges of sexual abuse between 1965 and 1986 but a jury at Hamilton Sheriff Court convicted him.
Cairney abused a 14-year-old boy on various occasions at the Barrowfield ground, as well as in other locations in Glasgow and Lanarkshire between September 1969 and December 1972.
He indecently assaulted a 15-year-old boy at the training ground between January 1985 and December 1986.
He assaulted two other boys aged between 14 and 17, at various Lanarkshire locations, including a church, between May 1965 and May 1970.
And he was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour against two 12-year-old boys in Lanarkshire between December 1965 and December 1968.
Celtic BC founder Jim Torbett was jailed for six years last November after being convicted of sexually abusing three boys during the 80s and 90s while running the youth outfit.
In May Jim McCafferty, 73, who worked with Celtic BC and Celtic FC, was jailed for six years and nine months for targeting ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996.

Disgusting read mate. What paper & when was this published ?

Has anyone contacted Jim Gamble ? Ex cop who was head of UK child protection unit or something like that cant remember exact unit name. Anyway, well respected through UK in that field and would possibly bring greater exposure to help the victims and families. Im sending this to a few of you guys who seem to be involved in getting justice for the families. Its worth checking out ?

Can’t take the credit for this from another Bear and cheers again,he knows who is and I’m getting a move on lol,but the point is a wee email can make a difference to the right person,maybe one email guys could get in touch,I don’t mind sending one myself,IT does make a difference imho.

Shouldn't be forgotten that former Celtic photographer, John Cullen, walked free in May 2004, after taking 250 pictures of young boys.

"Despite the help of Scotland Yard's special paedophile unit, their identities were never discovered."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3505864.stm

Which makes you wonder if they were Celtic boys, or actually played for other teams that Celtic had games with. Or it was police incompetence

Only 4 years is a disgrace.

Has anyone contacted Jim Gamble ? Ex cop who was head of UK child protection unit or something like that cant remember exact unit name. Anyway, well respected through UK in that field and would possibly bring greater exposure to help the victims and families. Im sending this to a few of you guys who seem to be involved in getting justice for the families. Its worth checking
Can’t take the credit for this from another Bear and cheers again,he knows who is and I’m getting a move on lol,but the point is a wee email can make a difference to the right person,maybe one email guys could get in touch,I don’t mind sending one myself,IT does make a difference imho.
Bobafet, this is the guy Jim Gamble.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JimGamble_INEQE?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited:
fired this off to willie rennie today

DEAR MR.RENNIE,

I am writing to you in regards to the sex abuse scandal within Scottish sport,particularly at Celtic FC over the past 50 years and to ask for your comments on why you yourself ,as one of the leaders of the opposition ,have made no mention of this in media or indeed within your parliament?,the silence of Holyrood is shaming to say the least.

As you are or may not be aware,there have been 6 criminal convictions made against individuals employed within this club and its associated clubs,all under the same tainted umberella,one of whom,was in the course of being RE-EMPLOYED ,before they were booted out of the club for a second time,but only after committing more sex crimes against youths.

Now, to have 6 members of personnel from that club and its associated clubs ( Celtics boys club) convicted for sex abuse crimes committed within it and abroad (USA},would and surely ring alarm bells and result in action by the relevant authorities don’t you think? ,but no the crimes were all hushed up and pacts formed within from top to bottom ( excuse the pun) to spin a web of lies,deceit and cover ups,which have lasted for over 50 years,without proper justice being brought to the victims.It has been cover up,after cover up,why has that been allowed ?,who were/are they protecting? And why have you and other leaders let this pass and took no action to punish this club and all involved in this historic sex abuse?.

Does the cover ups involve people in authority or higher up in the social classes of Scotland and the uk?,answers are required.

At the very least,this club should have severe sanctions placed on it,perhaps a banning order against them running any youth teams ( although they have recently changed Celtics boys club to st.patricks in recent years...i wonder why that came about?} as having 6 convicted sex offenders ,would constitute a possible paedophile ring in operation within the club and as such,it should be shut down and individuals concerned with the sex abuse and covers ups,placed on the sex offenders list?.
Unfortunately,the SFA/SPFL will need to decide those punishments and like yourself and other leaders,have been found wanting ,when it comes to stepping up to the plate and taking the issue in hand seriously.

I realise that some of these crimes were committed many years ago and were not on your watch but in recent years and indeed months ,there have been convictions for personnel of that club for their sordid crimes but again,there has been no damnation or comment from yourself or your party in response to them....can you explain why,you choose to make “no comment” to date? .I would and the public would expect for you,as an elected representative, to at least come out with some sort of positive response damning the scandal ,the perpetrators and to seek justice for the victims...i would like to hear your reasons as to why you have stayed silent.

Some of these sex crimes were committed on foreign soil (USA) ,can you imagine the disgrace and shame this sex scandal is going to bring,if it hasn’t done so already,to Scotland and its reputation abroad,I would imagine if the American judicial system picks up on the sex crimes committed on their soil by personnel of Celtic FC , there could possibly be some awkward questions needing to be answered ,as hopefully the American justice system can be trusted to conduct an investigation into the sex abuse scandal honestly,transparently and independently,which is something you and your party have failed to do so to date.

Therefore,as one of our countrys elected MSP ,I am demanding that you raise this matter in Holyrood at the first opportunity and demand that there is a full,independent,transparent public inquiry held into this sexual abuse scandal,the likes of which has not been seen in this country since Jimmy Saville ( another individual with serious links to celtic and its employees)...the victims deserve more and they deserve justice....are you bold enough mr.Rennie,to demand justice for the victims?

I welcome your response to my points raised here and what you propose to do about the sex abuse scandal.

Regards

I would hold off on printing until we have a collated timeline of who, what, when and where. We should be well ahead of this by now, there should be a dedicated website that can be linked to anything either written or online.

See below extract from SFA interim report, which clearly advises that the "SFA and clubs" contribute to a fund to assist victims, and that sponsorship funds are also diverted for this purpose.

"RECOMMENDATION 94 The Independent Review recommends that the Scottish FA and clubs and organisations in Scottish football consider the establishment of a permanent testimonial to the experiences of and impact on those affected including consideration of the creation of a fund which might underwrite support and assistance for those who have been personally affected by sexual abuse in Scottish football and indeed those in Scottish football who are experiencing other mental health challenges and issues. The Review sees no reason why this might not also be contributed to or underwritten by commercial donation and sponsorship."

I have included the bit below, to clarify that the independent review is having nothing to do with the "separate entity" defence. Other paragraphs before and after the one below also reinforce this view.
"3.81 The Review believes that the leadership of the senior club should take the initiative in resolving the residual issues arising from a close relationship between clubs where, in either, alleged sexual abuse has been an issue. It is not enough to arrive at a constitutional and legal separation without addressing the ‘mixed messages’ that perpetuate through continued shared name, brand, colours, facilities and resources."

I don’t trust her. I have reason not to trust her due to her sympathies.Even what she is suggesting tells you that mate.

Back