Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This is not just a failure to report crimes against children. It was a criminal conspiracy by successive Celtc directors and club officials over 4 decades, to conceal abuse and facilitate further crimes against more children. This has been a moral vacuum which allowed crimes against humanity.
Utterly shameful, but then again this is Scotland today.
RC are showing which side they are on, there is simply no defence or mitigation for what occurred.

Celtic Boys Club abuse: Ruth Davidson joins calls for inquiry

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-boys-club-abuse-davidson-joins-calls-for-inquiry-256hw2kn6
Ruth Davidson has joined opposition parties to demand an independent inquiry into systematic sexual abuse at Celtic FC’s feeder club and its links to the Parkhead outfit.
The Scottish Conservative leader claimed that survivors had been badly let down and called for an investigation to establish “what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it”. Scottish Labour and the Liberal Democrats also called for a public inquiry.
The calls will heap further pressure on the premiership club to follow the example of Manchester City, which has apologised and offered to compensate victims of the paedophile former youth coach Barry Bennell.

Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of sexually assaulting dozens of children. While expressing “regret and sorrow” Celtic FC insists it is not culpable for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as a separate organisation.
Ms Davidson outlined her views in a letter to a constituent, seen by The Times. “The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing and while it is welcome that [the CBC founder] Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider,” she wrote.
“Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought while necessary. Through a series of trials we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of men associated with CBC. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it.
“These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up this year by Manchester City.”
She added: “It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the Scottish FA will give them the closure they need and they justice they deserve.
“Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.”
Last month Peter Lawwell, the chief executive of Celtic FC, said that the club had been conducting its own internal investigation for two years.
James Kelly, Scottish Labour’s football spokesman, said that its findings should be made public. He added that it would “clearly be in the best interests of all . . . for Celtic Football Club to commit to a further public inquiry which is open and transparent. I have raised these issues directly with Celtic FC on behalf of constituents.”
Pauline McNeill, a Glasgow Labour MSP and Celtic supporter, said: “Celtic FC should in some way contribute to any reparations made to those affected by historic abuse at CBC.”
A Scottish Liberal Democrat spokeswoman added: “We are in favour of an inquiry.”
The Scottish government said it was awaiting the publication of a report commissioned by the Scottish FA into historical sexual abuse within football. A spokeswoman said: “We will carefully consider its findings.”
Mr Lawwell said: “It would be inappropriate for us to be discussing highly sensitive and confidential legal matters in the media and we will not do so, even if that means we come under criticism for following the due legal process.”

Wouldn't imagine conducting your secret enquiry was part of any "Legal Process"

SNP do not want it to be discussed in parliament because it will infuriate their core vote, just think about that for a minute
What an absolute blight on that political party and the bigots that vote for them
Radio cattolica do not want to talk about it on air because they are a sports programme only, yet we have shame fc holding 3 investigations into child abuse at their boys football club, and we also have the football governing body the SFA, holding a private inquiry into child abuse at the same time, so it begs the same question as to why they are reluctant to talk about it as well as this happened at a boys club which is obviously sport related
Do we also apply the SNP logic to radio cattolica in that their programme Clyde super scoreboard has an agenda and its core listeners and presenters would be infuriated at this subject being aired for discussion
I think the people running these organisations will, whether they like it or not and whether it goes against their religion or not will eventually have to be dragged into the 21st century
Justice must prevail for the victims and their families, authority has let them down badly
They should have closure when the people who have facilitated the cover up are brought to justice, the sooner the better
I think my above post has just been answered by radio cattolica
It gets sicker by the minute the way these bigots behave
They are now pedalling it wasn’t mandatory to tell anyone about child abuse if you are youth organisation....honestly frightening the lengths some of The Celtic Family like radio Clyde are prepared to go to
They have shown where they stand regards the abuse of young children
I would advise all decent human beings to stop listening to this apologist
excuse of a radio stations programmes

They are now pedalling it wasn’t mandatory to tell anyone about child abuse if you are youth organisation....honestly frightening the lengths some of The Celtic Family like radio Clyde are prepared to go to

Agree. I’ve just banned myself Goggs.

There is a huge difference between mandatory and morally, but then we are dealing with a club and people with no morals anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have covered up the sexual abuse for forty years and reinstated Torbett when they knew what he did, it wasn't only Big Jock that knew.

GY
I can honestly say I don’t listen to it, stopped a while back, in fact I think the last time I listened to it regularly was when Jimmy Sanderson was on
It’s now became a show for scum fans to talk about shame fc or Rangers
but I must say I’m really taken aback with their stance today
They are basically trying to defend scum fc for a 40 year cover up

GY
I can honestly say I don’t listen to it, stopped a while back, in fact I think the last time I listened to it regularly was when Jimmy Sanderson was on
It’s now became a show for scum fans to talk about shame fc or Rangers
but I must say I’m really taken aback with their stance today
They are basically trying to defend scum fc for a 40 year cover up

Agree Goggsy. This is so transparent it’s not true. RC & Hollicom in round one of their wee PR game & it is actually embarrassing to witness.

The radio station who didn’t want to talk about it. Oh, but now it does.

You can bet on this ‘expert’s’ history too ;)

Unethical I would think , surely there are sets of rules for acceptable behaviour for the boys and the staff . I honestly think that if they keep denying it ,they think .a/ It never happened or b/ it'll just go away , or both.
Fat Japanese's running out of time

Another 60 sent from your list today QC. Cheers for the PM.

I got most of the other ones from George Goudie yesterday (from your post), so many thanks for that mate.

If you, George, or anyone else get any additional sponsor links, associates, etc, please post them. Thanks!

I'll move onto the political, official bodies route, etc, when I've exhausted these.

A sticky would be a great benefit for the links as they're all over the site, in what is now a huge and very interesting thread. Cap well and truly doffed to some of you guys. Keep it going!

We've had rent-a-quote SNP goons (and their Green Party stooges) comment on absolutely everything that's gone on in Scotland, and further afield, over the past number of years, even on stuff that has sweet F.A. to do with them.
Yet here we are, with a massive child rape scandal right under their noses and not one fucking peep out of any of them

Bang on mate. Agree 100%.

What a corrupt lot they are. They should hang their collective heads in shame.

I got most of the other ones from George Goudie yesterday (from your post), so many thanks for that mate.

If you, George, or anyone else get any additional sponsor links, associates, etc, please post them. Thanks!

I'll move onto the political, official bodies route, etc, when I've exhausted these.

A sticky would be a great benefit for the links as they're all over the site, in what is now a huge and very interesting thread. Cap well and truly doffed to some of you guys. Keep it going!

good call on sticky Ts,but even more good work on emails,sterling work indeed.

Some may remember that I put a post on recently reference Westminster MP Nadhim Zahawi. I had to remove it as we had to wait for something to be confirmed. I have been in contact with him for over a week now. It’s a path that may not succeed but it’s a path that me and s few others on here are willing to go down to seek justice for the families and victims. This is the first email I sent him.

Dear sir.

I’m writing to you reference the recent revelations and going’s on at Celtic football club. As you are probably aware recently there have been convictions of child abuse and members of the Scottish Parliament now pushing for a full independent inquiry. This includes the leader of the opposition Ruth Davidson MSP. I am just wondering what you’re views are on this subject. I’m also led to believe that the London stock exchange (LSE) have been informed as the club have held a 2 year internal secret investigation (in their words) and not declared this. It was actually a Scottish newspaper that brought this to the public’s attention.
I’m quite confident after being in touch with my own local MP that a full independent inquiry will happen in due course. Can you give me any explanation why a full independent public inquiry hasn’t been launched by the SNP?
Also attached is an email reply from Ruth Davidson MSP to myself and I would also like your view on this.

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this
Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with Celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Davidson

Rt Hon Ruth Davidson MSP
Leader of the Scottish Conservatives
MSP for Edinburgh Central
Scottish Parliament

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I look forward to your reply.

Some may remember that I put a post on recently reference Westminster MP Nadhim Zahawi. I had to remove it as we had to wait for something to be confirmed. I have been in contact with him for over a week now. It’s a path that may not succeed but it’s a path that me and s few others on here are willing to go down to seek justice for the families and victims. This is the first email I sent him.

Dear sir.

I’m writing to you reference the recent revelations and going’s on at Celtic football club. As you are probably aware recently there have been convictions of child abuse and members of the Scottish Parliament now pushing for a full independent inquiry. This includes the leader of the opposition Ruth Davidson MSP. I am just wondering what you’re views are on this subject. I’m also led to believe that the London stock exchange (LSE) have been informed as the club have held a 2 year internal secret investigation (in their words) and not declared this. It was actually a Scottish newspaper that brought this to the public’s attention.
I’m quite confident after being in touch with my own local MP that a full independent inquiry will happen in due course. Can you give me any explanation why a full independent public inquiry hasn’t been launched by the SNP?
Also attached is an email reply from Ruth Davidson MSP to myself and I would also like your view on this.

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this
Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with Celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Davidson

Rt Hon Ruth Davidson MSP
Leader of the Scottish Conservatives
MSP for Edinburgh Central
Scottish Parliament

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I look forward to your reply.
The reply I received from him basically outlined the workings of a devolved government. Basically it sounded like he was fobbing me off but I wouldn’t give up. So I sent him this.

Thank you very much for your reply. After numerous attempts of trying to contact the SNP in Holyrood I have had no reply whatsoever. I have had one reply from Scottish Labour which basically was an acknowledgement that they have received my email.
Is there anyone you can direct me to in Westminster who would listen to what’s going on in Scotland and assist us in getting justice for the victims and their families. Our justice secretary has not replied to anyone who has contacted him on the subject.
Even the families are getting no reply from the justice secretary. Ruth Davidson and her colleague Adam Thomkins are pushing for an inquiry but Celtic football club are refusing to speak with Mr Thomkins. I have a copy of the letter that Mr Thomkins sent to said football club, but their chief executive refuses to meet him and has stated this publicly.
I am a lifelong Scottish conservative and I would really appreciate if you can help me with this. Surely there must be someone in Westminster that can assist me for the sake of the victims. Six convictions so far connected to Celtic football club.
I am trying my hardest Mr Zahawi but keep hitting a brick wall. I fully understand that we have a devolved government but with something as serious as this there must be something I can do reference Westminster.

Thank you again for your time.

The reply I received from him basically outlined the workings of a devolved government. Basically it sounded like he was fobbing me off but I wouldn’t give up. So I sent him this.

Thank you very much for your reply. After numerous attempts of trying to contact the SNP in Holyrood I have had no reply whatsoever. I have had one reply from Scottish Labour which basically was an acknowledgement that they have received my email.
Is there anyone you can direct me to in Westminster who would listen to what’s going on in Scotland and assist us in getting justice for the victims and their families. Our justice secretary has not replied to anyone who has contacted him on the subject.
Even the families are getting no reply from the justice secretary. Ruth Davidson and her colleague Adam Thomkins are pushing for an inquiry but Celtic football club are refusing to speak with Mr Thomkins. I have a copy of the letter that Mr Thomkins sent to said football club, but their chief executive refuses to meet him and has stated this publicly.
I am a lifelong Scottish conservative and I would really appreciate if you can help me with this. Surely there must be someone in Westminster that can assist me for the sake of the victims. Six convictions so far connected to Celtic football club.
I am trying my hardest Mr Zahawi but keep hitting a brick wall. I fully understand that we have a devolved government but with something as serious as this there must be something I can do reference Westminster.

Thank you again for your time.
His reply below

Dear ****

Thank you for your reply and I am sorry that you have not had a reply from representatives of the Scottish Government. Perhaps you might be willing to share with me your emails to Scottish Ministers and I will chase a response to your enquiries directly with them?

Warm regards

Nadhim

Nadhim Zahawi
MP for Stratford on Avon

And you too TS ;)

His reply below

Dear ****

Thank you for your reply and I am sorry that you have not had a reply from representatives of the Scottish Government. Perhaps you might be willing to share with me your emails to Scottish Ministers and I will chase a response to your enquiries directly with them?

Warm regards

Nadhim

Nadhim Zahawi
MP for Stratford on Avon
I then sent everything that I’ve sent to every SNP MSP. Including humza and nickla

I then sent everything that I’ve sent to every SNP MSP. Including humza and
His reply below

Dear ****

Warm regards

Nadhim

Nadhim Zahawi
MP for Stratford on Avon
My last email to him was this. Hopefully we get somewhere.

Dear Mr Zahawi,

As you can see I have forwarded more correspondence to yourself. I have plenty more if required. Also Mr Zahawi I am in contact with the mother of one of the victims,Helene Gray. Mother of Andrew Gray and was wondering if you would take the time to speak to her reference this issue?

Please can I reiterate that she is receiving no correspondence from the justice secretary or the first minister in Scotland despite numerous attempts and she is finding obstacles at every turn. Please can you find the time to help her seek justice if I pass her this case number?

James Gamble, QPM, is a retired Northern Irish police officer from Bangor in County Down, Northern Ireland.[1] He is the former chief executive of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP), a police unit affiliated to the Serious Organised Crime Agency[citation needed] (SOCA) in the United Kingdom. He resigned in October 2010 after the Home Secretary Theresa May's decision to merge CEOP with SOCA and other bodies into a new National Crime Agency. Mr Gamble wanted CEOP to remain independent.[2]

Before joining the Royal Ulster Constabulary as a constable, he served in the Royal Military Police.[3] Earlier in his career he was head of the Northern Ireland anti-terrorist intelligence unit in Belfast, then Deputy Director General (with the rank of deputy chief constable) of the National Crime Squad, which in April 2006, merged into the Serious Organised Crime Agency. He was also the head of the Belfast Region of the RUC Special Branch.[4]

Gamble led the National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS) fight against child sex abuse. He also presided over Operation Ore.[citation needed] He led the work to set up the National Crime Squad's specialist response cell – the Paedophile and Online Investigation Team (POLIT). He was awarded the Queen's Police Medal (QPM) in the 2008 New Year Honours.[5]

Gamble was among six candidates shortlisted to succeed Sir Hugh Orde as Police Service of Northern Ireland chief constable. The post was vacated by Orde in late 2009.[1] Also in the running were Bernard Hogan-Howe, then chief constable of Merseyside; Jon Stoddart, chief constable of Durham; Paul West, chief constable of West Mercia; and Matt Baggott, chief constable of Leicestershire who was the successful candidate.[1]

Gamble is now the CEO and one of the founding partners of the Ineqe Group. He is a frequent media commentator on issues related to protective services, best practice, the internet and child protection.[6]

Most recently he has been appointed as the independent chair of the City and Hackney Safeguarding Children Board and took up the post on 1 April 2013. In September 2016 the City & Hackney Local Safeguarding Children Board became the first in the country to receive an 'outstanding' judgement, following an Ofsted inspection.

Could be a good shout.

We've had rent-a-quote SNP goons (and their Green Party stooges) comment on absolutely everything that's gone on in Scotland, and further afield, over the past number of years, even on stuff that has sweet F.A. to do with them.
Yet here we are, with a massive child rape scandal right under their noses and not one fucking peep out of any of them

They really are a despicable bunch who by their actions, are condoning the behaviour at the Piggery.

Back