Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

About time articles like this were written, laying it on thick with the facts and asking serious questions of the tims insistence on being a separate entity.

They were the same organisation therefore are 100% culpable for everything that happened. They have lawyers and a PR company working day and night to disprove this the sick fvcks and it’s getting them nowhere.

Admit it you sick peado fvcking scum.

Their investigation had nothing to do with finding who was responsible and getting justice for the victims, it was all about finding loopholes to protect their perverted institution and ultimately get away with it.
The authorities and the media are pre-occupied worrying about songs and point scoring than they are about victims and getting to the bottom of the systematic grooming and rape of young boys.

Patrick McGuire “So highly confidential was the investigation that not one of my clients had been approached at any point during the previous two years to provide any information to those undertaking the investigation. That remains the case”.
He questioned whether the investigation was a genuine attempt to get to the truth or “simply a bean counting exercise to evaluate the insurance risk”.
“Or worse of all, was the announcement an exercise of cynical spin dreamed up by a PR company?”

McGuire's thinking what we're all thinking - it was a PR job - and what a howling c.unt they made of it!

I just can't believe the Fat Japanese was stupid enough to think he could pull off a stunt like that and get away with it.

Its going to cost them more then 7mil
I doubt anyone will get more than £100k in this country's courts. Not that the scum are even offering any . It must be terrible to these people that their club can't even say sorry despite so many guilty verdicts in court. It happened, make amends.

The liability issue is where the real financial war of this ‘lies’ - will their insurance company pay out ? I doubt it very much, far too many points of exposure for the insurer to decline payment

I'm really surprised that charities involved in this field haven't started to weigh in yet. Very odd, considering that it's surely this kind of covering it up, secrecy/shame mentality that allows these people to operate in the shadows, which needs to be tackled.

And no-one would be able to deflect them with accusations of whataboutery etc would they? So where are they? Why is it being left to ordinary individual citizens to drive this message and demand investigations?

Almost word for word of my first reply from Ruth.
Scottish political editor??
No. He’s copied it off the forum ;)
Hopefully this is it ready to take off. It can only get bigger now.
So the Record is basically reporting our campaign for justice? In a normal democratic law abiding country it should be the other way about. The investigative journalists should be getting off their arses and finding the truth themselves. It would also save their dying industry for a bit too.

Why are the times the only paper interested in the biggest paedophile ring in football history?

Where are all the intrepid journalists in the Scottish media with this massive story right on their doorstep? :rolleyes:
Because the cult that they are would circle the wagons and boycott whatever papers even more. They oppose anyone who speaks out against their culture and religion because they are brainwashed from an early age. Even some of the poor abused kids would have been brainwashed in thinking it's all normal. These papers are more interested in circulation than truth. Just like the SNP have sold their soul for their votes.

Well done The Times by the way.

It's disgusting they spent £7M on a player. Instead they should have missed out on one player and paid the victims. They should have publicly apologised to them.

They have no decency.

they should be put under a transfer embargo till this is sorted. How can the sfa allow the mentally challengeds to buy players when they have recruited a PR company to mitigate their paedo troubles and have an alleged internal investigation into paedo activities?

Yes I recall it being discussed mate.

I was thinking about a thread being posted that is offering advice to victims that have still to come forward and speak out?

Heading could be something asking the lines of:

Advice for the countless victims yet to come forward in the Scottish Football Child Abuse Scandal.

Maybe include a few links that would take Mumsnet posters to a site outlining the scandal. But the OP is based on reaching out to the victims and offering advice.... details of Thomson's Solicitors, contact numbers, Twitter contacts for the Gray family etc. MP's responses could also be linked.

Could be more acceptable to the Mumsnet admin mate?

They can't all be Tim's surely?

The Mumsnet post got taken down by the admins due to posts made by lurkers, the admins stated threads rarely get reopened once taken down. This would be a better angle GG, however once again we have reached the point where all the information needs to be collated into a readable, chronological order.
We were discussing doing this on the old board, it should be done as a priority.

There was never an internal enquiry.

You may run but you can never hide,slowly but surely this club is going to answer for the way they ruined young promising footballers lifes.

Has any intrepid reporter asked for the name of the lawyers appointed, just to confirm they are doing so? Could well be another smoking gun in the web of lies and deceit being spun by the enablers.

they should be put under a transfer embargo till this is sorted. How can the sfa allow the mentally challengeds to buy players when they have recruited a PR company to mitigate their paedo troubles and have an alleged internal investigation into paedo activities?

That is actually an excellent point, Ubik. It would be the correct sanction to place on them at this stage, pending an independent inquiry. They had no qualms about putting a transfer embargo on Rangers.

Dear Bluenose 94,

I have no problem whatsover with you or anyone else on here. We're all fighting for the same cause.

But if people would learn to spell Tomkins name right, not confuse Hugh Birt with John Cullen, and stop attributing the words " open secret " to McNeil, then we could all join hands and sing Kumbaya My Lord.

You do have a really unfortunate way with people SDS, or should I say Harthill Bill.

This is again derailing a thread that is much more important than any one of us, it really is.

You disappoint me to continue trying to make it about you mate.

You do have a really unfortunate way with people SDS, or should I say Harthill Bill.

This is again derailing a thread that is much more important than any one of us, it really is.

You disappoint me to continue trying to make it about you mate.

We've moved on - as has the thread. I would suggest you're the one derailng it.

And mentioning HB is a pretty low blow - and you a Bar-L boy as well. Tut tut! Just push the button and grass away - you know you want to.

McGraw would be most proud of you.

Last edited:
We've moved on - as has the thread. I would suggest you're the one derailng it.

And mentioning HB is a pretty low blow - and you a Bar-L boy as well. Tut tut! Just push the button and grass away - you know you want to.

McGraw would be most proud of you.

All that is being asked of you is to post on this thread with some semblance of respect for the subject at hand and the other posters who are attempting to push this scandal into the mainstream to gain justice for the abused.

It's not a lot to ask if we are all working towards the same conclusion.

I'm really surprised that charities involved in this field haven't started to weigh in yet. Very odd, considering that it's surely this kind of covering it up, secrecy/shame mentality that allows these people to operate in the shadows, which needs to be tackled.

And no-one would be able to deflect them with accusations of whataboutery etc would they? So where are they? Why is it being left to ordinary individual citizens to drive this message and demand investigations?

I'm surprised you're surprised.

Back