Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Below is an extract from UEFA regulations.
Article 17.5 is the important one.
The SFA have taken no action against Celtc despite the the number of convictions against their employees and officials of their Boys' Club.
Celtc's admission in court of liability no longer allows the SFA to sit on their hands, now that there is an admission of guilt. The excuse of "ongoing legal matters" does not hold water, they can simply apply disrepute charges where cases have now been concluded. Then simply charge them again when future cases have ended.
It should be remembered, as already said before it is not the convictions of paedophiles which is the major issue at Celtc, but the cover up by their directors and officials for 40+ years which was responsible for hundreds of other children being abused.

III - Ethical provisions

Article 17
Ethical provisions: scope, UEFA’s competence and general principles

1 The following provisions apply to all persons falling within the scope of Article 3(1)(a), (c) and (e), except in cases where the conduct in question is dealt with in an appropriate manner by the relevant bodies of one of UEFA’s member associations or by FIFA.

2 Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 above, if an alleged violation of these provisions arises in relation to UEFA matters or the function of an individual which was elected, ratified or assigned by UEFA to exercise a function, UEFA’s disciplinary bodies have exclusive competence to deal with the case.

3 All persons bound by these provisions are expected to be aware of the importance of their duties, obligations and responsibilities. They are required to observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship and to act with complete honesty when exercising their functions.

4 All persons bound by these provisions have a fiduciary duty towards UEFA.

5 All persons bound by these provisions have a responsibility to report unethical conduct to UEFA without delay.
I’ve noticed Grigo has got back to you mate. I’ve been talking privately with a few others also about this. Grigo will pm you if he hasn’t already done so with a wee idea and then we can talk.

This abuse scandal has been compared to "Penn State". Like, probably, many I know about this in only yje most general terms but I bumped into this article from seven years ago
It goes without saying that the crimes themselves were disgusting, but what perhaps caused the most revulsion stateside was the fact that officials of the Penn State team were complicit in a cover up for over ten years, thereby allowing the abuser opportunity to sexually abuse more victims. By their inaction, they allowed Sandisky undeserved freedom, and subjected more children to an eternity of the most disgusting sordid memories. Those who covered the crimes up are therefor indirectly complicit in children being abused.
I don't know the writer but I hope that he is on here and knows that his lone cry in the wilderness has at last been answered. https://celticscandalcase.wordpress.com/

Been away for a few days so missed all of the recent developments and not yet had time to read all of the posts from the last few days. Noticed though that CFC have accused Thompson's/McQuire of 'defamation' in one of the newspaper articles. Wonder if Thompson's are going for the open goal this represents. Sue Celtic for slander.

No. It pretty much looks like lawell doesn't give a flying %^*& about them. If I was one of his clients I would be seriously worried about their ability to take this case on. They are waiting on Celtic to blink but they wont. They are brazenly mocking this company now.

I got 2 twitter accounts banned. 1 for calling a dog killer a cun! The other for calling a woman who was abusing her dog and posting it on twitter a bitch.

I tried to start a 3rd one, they caught me and banned that one too, accusing me of opening multiple twitter accounts for the purpose of abuse.

Twitter is a broken platform. Whoever mods it needs their morals checked
I can’t go near Twitter mate. Some of the comments I’ve seen on here that the filth post I would just go on a mission of all out attack. I’d be banned in minutes. But I’m old school and in no way am I knocking anyone who does go on it.

For what I’ve seen the filth post lies on twitter. And bears answer with facts. Recently watching an absolute gentleman who I’ve been in contact with, Mr Adam Tomkins being accused by Sinn Fein/SNP supporters of being sectarian? The replies from that lot was absolute comedy gold. I’m sure it was Mr Haining that started the thread if people haven’t seen it. I was laughing like fck with their replies.
And then I fell off my chair laughing with Tommy Sheridan with his faithful through and through post. Aye right Tommy, your faithful Your wife might disagree.

They are a different breed. They prove it everyday.

I absolutely am with you Fraser.

Just would like to get hard data to prove it.

When I see their comments on Gough they really disgust me, so I’m just trying not to drop to their level until we can prove it mate.

Does anybody on here know or know of Russell Findlay of STV news (special investigations)? He appears to be the only media person to meet personally with Gerry McSherry of Cathkin, Rutherglen in recent times? It looks like Mr Findlay has possibly been told by his bosses to stay away from this story as he has reported nothing on it since Dec 2018. Although maybe he would be willing to pass some information to the foot soldiers on here to do some digging. Just an idea.

The first 5 pages of today's Sun highlights the problems our vulnerable youngsters have with mental health and the suicide rates that have risen as the result of these problems,
A problem worthy of the column inches and definitely needs highlighting,
But contrast that with the attention they have given to the vulnerable young boys abused at the cesspit and the mental trauma these young men have endured some for decades.

Does anybody on here know or know of Russell Findlay of STV news (special investigations)? He appears to be the only media person to meet personally with Gerry McSherry of Cathkin, Rutherglen in recent times? It looks like Mr Findlay has possibly been told by his bosses to stay away from this story as he has reported nothing on it since Dec 2018. Although maybe he would be willing to pass some information to the foot soldiers on here to do some digging. Just an idea.

Good Shout OP.

Do you have any addresses for him ? Email or other ?

True, but even when I Google us now all that appears in the "top stories" is pish from football insider, 67 hail hail stories about us, or sport bible.

No stories from mainstream media outlets which makes me think hollicom are flooding Google with this pish so the real stories don't appear when anyone searches the scum.

Fair point mate -
I wasn't taking issue with your original post - although I realise now it might have read like that
You're quite right of course the efforts of holicom probaably are affecting google searches -
But of course mainstream media outlets writing articles exposing the beasts are regrettably few & far between - although hopefully now about to be on the increase

Fair point mate -
I wasn't taking issue with your original post - although I realise now it might have read like that
You're quite right of course the efforts of holicom probaably are affecting google searches -
But of course mainstream media outlets writing articles exposing the beasts are regrettably few & far between - although hopefully now about to be on the increase
You made a fair point. Didn't think you were taking issue at all. Hopefully now they can't help but report it. Probably why hollicom are involved in the first place.

Fair point mate -

There have actually been around 20 or so since end May mate. We’ve been encouraged.

The Times has done the most, then The Sun, then a few others have done one or two articles. The Sun articles have normally been straight lifts from The Times but at least it’s widening the issue.

Good Shout OP.

Do you have any addresses for him ? Email or other ?

He’s on Twitter @russellfindlay1

Other than that I’m struggling, not unless someone has a LinkedIn account.

Turns out that this is the guy that had acid thrown in his face on his doorstep back in 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/m...d-attack-shows-why-reporters-need-good-bosses

I assume that’s a picture of him in the article.

Also I’ve since found any CBC article he penned back in May for Stv.

He’s on Twitter @russellfindlay1

Other than that I’m struggling, not unless someone has a LinkedIn account.

Turns out that this is the guy that had acid thrown in his face on his doorstep back in 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/m...d-attack-shows-why-reporters-need-good-bosses

I assume that’s a picture of him in the article.

Also I’ve since found any CBC article he penned back in May for Stv.
Linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/russell-findlay-971911102

Cheers mate. Due to not having an account I can’t view it.

The bottom line is that Mr Findlay seems to be the only journalist who has interviewed Mr McSherry in recent years.

I wonder if off camera or off the record, Mr McSherry has provided the names of the 14 on the list. Does Mr Findlay know who these folk are? Is he currently carrying out his own investigations or has he passed any further names to the police?

I said a few weeks ago on here that I feel that Mr McSherry holds the key to really bringing this story out into the open. Although Mr Findlay, having interviewed Mr McSherry recently, could also play a major part.

No. It pretty much looks like lawell doesn't give a flying %^*& about them. If I was one of his clients I would be seriously worried about their ability to take this case on. They are waiting on Celtic to blink but they wont. They are brazenly mocking this company now.

That is precisely my point mate. Thompson's has been handed a gilt edged opportunity to go after them for slander/libel and it wouldn't require any direct involvement of individual victims. If they don't take the scum to task on this, then I think it becomes legitimate to question the motives of a legal firm that is comfortable being slandered by their supposed adversary.

Cheers mate. Due to not having an account I can’t view it.

The bottom line is that Mr Findlay seems to be the only journalist who has interviewed Mr McSherry in recent years.

I wonder if off camera or off the record, Mr McSherry has provided the names of the 14 on the list. Does Mr Findlay know who these folk are? Is he currently carrying out his own investigations or has he passed any further names to the police?

I said a few weeks ago on here that I feel that Mr McSherry holds the key to really bringing this story out into the open. Although Mr Findlay, having interviewed Mr McSherry recently, could also play a major part.

I like the way you’re thinking OP1872.

Can you PM me please mate ?

Well,well,well.

Looks like Hollicom have been busy.

Type “Rangers” into google search and see what comes up then type “Celtic” and see what comes up.

Someone with contacts within the club really should be making them aware of the dark arts going on at the moment.
Lol mate, one of the moderators on here says it isn't so...

Well,well,well.

Type “Rangers” into google search and see what comes up then type “Celtic” and see what comes up.

Someone with contacts within the club really should be making them aware of the dark arts going on at the moment.

What do you see? I don't see anything untoward.
Just the usual links and stories about Greg Taylor and Brophy

What do you see? I don't see anything untoward.
Just the usual links and stories about Greg Taylor and Brophy
First two suggestions for us are stories relating to Neely and Chalmers hanging himself.

I was trying to find out the kick off times for the Legia games.I then typed in “Celtic” and not one suggestion about what’s going on there.All powder puff crap.

First two suggestions for us are stories relating to Neely and Chalmers hanging himself.

I was trying to find out the kick off times for the Legia games.I then typed in “Celtic” and not one suggestion about what’s going on there.All powder puff crap.

I don't see that. Are you seeing that under "Top Stories"?

H John Chalmers took his own life because of a family situation. The Chalmers family should be all over these bastards.
I know mate,these animals are all over twitter spouting tripe about folk like him and Gough.It takes a sick mindset to make up that sort of sh!t about folk.Thats why I was shocked when it popped up straight away on google.The sooner the c**ts are dragged kicking and screaming to an independent public enquiry the better.

I got 2 twitter accounts banned. 1 for calling a dog killer a cun! The other for calling a woman who was abusing her dog and posting it on twitter a bitch.

I tried to start a 3rd one, they caught me and banned that one too, accusing me of opening multiple twitter accounts for the purpose of abuse.

Twitter is a broken platform. Whoever mods it needs their morals checked

Always use a k instead of c in unt.

He was my school teacher mate. There was never any insinuation about that man about anything immoral or seedy.

In fact he coached the school team for my year so I actually played for him.

Scandalous.

I knew, and played alongside, a couple of boys who went to Coltness too mate.

They didn't have a bad word to say against him.

It's lies to deflect from the paedophile rang which operated at Celtic wth the full knowledge of their legends and directors...

...and everybody knows it.

Well,well,well.

That's not what I see mate, nothing like it. I think the explanation may be much simpler and down to however Google's algorithm applies to your internet history. That's not to suggest that you were searching for stories on Neely or Chalmers simply that other stories you have searched on may contain links to stories on Neely and Chalmers within them. If you see what I mean.

I've tried to replicate what you are getting but to no avail. I just get 'regular' stories. That's on desktop and ipad and also via internet and app.

That's not what I see mate, nothing like it. I think the explanation may be much simpler and down to however Google's algorithm applies to your internet history. That's not to suggest that you were searching for stories on Neely or Chalmers simply that other stories you have searched on may contain links to stories on Neely and Chalmers within them. If you see what I mean.

I've tried to replicate what you are getting but to no avail. I just get 'regular' stories. That's on desktop and ipad and also via internet and app.

I think a way to check this would be to fire up an incognito or private browsing page through your browser and check Google on there.

I knew, and played alongside, a couple of boys who went to Coltness too mate.

They didn't have a bad word to say against him.

It's lies to deflect from the paedophile rang which operated at Celtic wth the full knowledge of their legends and directors...

...and everybody knows it.

Exactly Livibear.

I actually played for him at Bannerman High before he went to Coltness, but he was a decent guy & we wee a right good team actually. In fact two of our team went professional.

I think a way to check this would be to fire up an incognito or private browsing page through your browser and check Google on there.

Tried that as well and couldn't replicate @Haining84 results. Still just get 'routine' Rangers stuff. I have absolute faith in what @Haining84 is saying he sees - so it has to be down to the way the Google algorithm works and, perhaps, links within links.

You have to box clever, they will see multiple accounts getting created one after the other on the same IP Address . Use a VPN next time and change your IP regularly
Used a different IP address and email but only got 1 phone number, cant proceed on the app without confirming your number.

Theres a guy on there on his 8th account. No idea how he can be fuked.

Just had a reply from the office of my Westminster MP Colin Clark regarding my question as to whether or not he was going to support the early day motion seeking a public inquiry into the child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.
I was informed that although Mr Clark was very aware of how serious the situation was, as he has been appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary and Government Whip he is bound by the doctrine of collective responsibility and is therefore unable to sign early day motions.
I asked him to inform Mr Clark that as a human being he had a duty of responsibility to ensure the safety of the country's children so that they can live productive and happy lives, something that the Scottish Government has singularly failed to do for several decades. I asked him to make sure his Cabinet colleagues were aware of that fact.

Just had a reply from the office of my Westminster MP Colin Clark regarding my question as to whether or not he was going to support the early day motion seeking a public inquiry into the child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.
I was informed that although Mr Clark was very aware of how serious the situation was, as he has been appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary and Government Whip he is bound by the doctrine of collective responsibility and is therefore unable to sign early day motions.
I asked him to inform Mr Clark that as a human being he had a duty of responsibility to ensure the safety of the country's children so that they can live productive and happy lives, something that the Scottish Government has singularly failed to do for several decades. I asked him to make sure his Cabinet colleagues were aware of that fact.

Well done Douglas ;)

That is precisely my point mate. Thompson's has been handed a gilt edged opportunity to go after them for slander/libel and it wouldn't require any direct involvement of individual victims. If they don't take the scum to task on this, then I think it becomes legitimate to question the motives of a legal firm that is comfortable being slandered by their supposed adversary.

I mentioned it previously, but I heard a rumour that Thompson’s have advised their clients not to speak to the authorities in case they jeopardise potential pay-offs. No idea how true it is, but if it is right, the solicitor acting for the survivors might be the one that ensures the full scale of this does not come out. As I said, if true.

You’re probably right VB,was just shocked last night that those two suggestions came up as I’d never searched for them and I wouldn’t trust that mob as far as I could throw them.

Email to sun today.

Dear Matthew,

I have been noticing in your recent articles,that you mention the sexual abuse scandal ,which took place historically at glasgow celtic fc over the past 40-50 years,with sexual abuse crimes committed both here in scotland ,other parts of the uk and abroad in america and allegedly throughout europe.
However,i can't help but notice and form the opinion,that your being a bit "lazy" in your work,as in ,it seems you are perhaps cutting and pasting from other articles in other papers, such as Marc Hornes articles in the times?.
What i would like to see from you as a journalist,would be to thoroughly investigate this outrageous,historic sexual abuse at this particular club and expose the real truths and secrets behind the convicted criminals to date,along with the reasons why it was covered up for all these years by various board members,who have admitted to being told of the abuse,but did nothing about it,deciding instead to keep it secret and in house...failing to report a crime is a crime,it could be construed as perverting the course of justice and ultimately placed vulnerable youths at risk to these paedophiles that were allowed to comit their depraved acts ,in their guise as celtic fc /celtic boys club employees,some offenders actually being re-employed to carry on their depravity.....WHY?
Have you investigated the links to the abuse of a youth player in america and the subsequent cover ups by the celtic board,in particular Jack McGinn ,who has admitted being told and kept it secret?.
Have you investigated the status of the ongoing case submitted to kearny police dept/hudson county sheriffs dept and what cases the american lawyers have lined up?.
As a responsible journalist,it is in the publics interest for you to earn your money and investigate this club and report the facts to all,you may even get journalist of the year for your efforts.

They will be exposed in time but you could help...do you want to help?,or would you rather be like the rest of the celtic board,the SNP and police and turn a blind eye and hope it goes away?.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Back